2020 Republican Primary Thread

Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

2020 Republican Primary Thread

Post by Skjellyfetti »

More and more likely that someone hops in to challenge Trump.

I would have voted for Kasich in 2016. He'd be a very good option. Don't think he'd win, but someone needs to challenge Trump to save face for the party.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: 2020 Republican Primary Thread

Post by CAA Flagship »

Skjellyfetti wrote:More and more likely that someone hops in to challenge Trump.

I would have voted for Kasich in 2016. He'd be a very good option. Don't think he'd win, but someone needs to challenge Trump to save face for the party.
Why?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:More and more likely that someone hops in to challenge Trump.

I was literally anyone but Clinton or Trump in the last election so anyone else would've been suitable than those two.

I'd be surprised if Trump ends up running for re-election. He's not a young guy, I'm not sure he ever really wanted to win in the first place other than to get the bragging rights that he could do it. Getting tagged with a re-election loss would be something I see him trying to avoid doing.

If Trump doesn't run then Pence pretty much automatically becomes a candidate too.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

GannonFan wrote:

I was literally anyone but Clinton or Trump in the last election so anyone else would've been suitable than those two.

I'd be surprised if Trump ends up running for re-election. He's not a young guy, I'm not sure he ever really wanted to win in the first place other than to get the bragging rights that he could do it. Getting tagged with a re-election loss would be something I see him trying to avoid doing.

If Trump doesn't run then Pence pretty much automatically becomes a candidate too.
Pence is much more likable than Trump. Of course he'd have to ask Mother first.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

There would have to be an amazing choice for me to vote R or D again.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Did you know his dad was a mailman?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

mainejeff wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Pence is much more likable than Trump. Of course he'd have to ask Mother first.

:lol: :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

#NikkiHaley
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Rand Paul ?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:

I think you nailed it.

More importantly, he also (even though I think the Dems win anyway) has to hope that a Republican is President when he finally gets his due for all of his misconduct so that he and his family can get pardons.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Kasich would be good for a lib like you, to the rest of us he is a douche.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Enough with the Rand Paul stuff....guy is a non-starter.
Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:#NikkiHaley
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: YES! I'd campaign for her.

And I can't tell you how many democrats/leftist tell me that if she were to run, they'd either vote for her or have to seriously debate between R and D. She's got a lot of appeal in the South, she's a woman, child of immigrants, she's appealing to Democrats and she's not a bible-thumper.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: YES! I'd campaign for her.

And I can't tell you how many democrats/leftist tell me that if she were to run, they'd either vote for her or have to seriously debate between R and D. She's got a lot of appeal in the South, she's a woman, child of immigrants, she's appealing to Democrats and she's not a bible-thumper.
Her appeal to Democrats will end the day she throws her hat in the race as a Republican. Her transformation into the devil will occur with relativistic velocity
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: YES! I'd campaign for her.

Her appeal to Democrats will end the day she throws her hat in the race as a Republican. Her transformation into the devil will occur with relativistic velocity
:lol: :lol:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: YES! I'd campaign for her.

She never was appealing. Then her time as Trump's lackey at the UN working to undermine the US sealed it.
:thumb:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Seems like she'd be a pretty serious threat to Trump.

Probably why SC Republicans are going ahead and looking at going ahead and declaring Trump the winner this Summer. :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/politics ... index.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Probably why SC Republicans are going ahead and looking at going ahead and declaring Trump the winner this Summer. :lol:

:ohno: I hope some Republican gets in the race and protests this if the GOP decides to it.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

God bless those South Carolina Deplorables! :thumb: :notworthy:
Go Black Bears!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Well, fixing the primaries by controlling the political party worked out so well for Clinton in 2016, why wouldn't the GOP try the same thing for their party in 2020? What could go wrong?? :rofl:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

Well, fixing the primaries by controlling the political party worked out so well for Clinton in 2016, why wouldn't the GOP try the same thing for their party in 2020? What could go wrong?? :rofl:
You can't fix stupid! ;)
Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

You do realize they'd essentially be doing what the DNC did in 2016 -just more open about it. :coffee: :twocents:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
You do realize they'd essentially be doing what the DNC did in 2016 -just more open about it. :coffee: :twocents:
Sure...yeah...whatever.

As long as they keep Trump as the GOP nominee in 2020! :thumb:

Go Black Bears!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff wrote:
Ibanez wrote: You do realize they'd essentially be doing what the DNC did in 2016 -just more open about it. :coffee: :twocents:
Sure...yeah...whatever.

:lol: You're just blissfully ignorant to the facts.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Sure...yeah...whatever.

:lol: You're just blissfully ignorant to the facts.
The Democrats complicitness in 2016 that resulted in us having Trump as President is astounding. The lionization of the Clintons during that coronation and the steamrolling of the democratic process to get there, along with the Clintons likely being just as dirty and corrupt as Trump, were the perfect storm that needed to happen to have someone like Trump slip through and win the election. As kooky as Bernie was/is he'd have still won that election just because he would've been the only non-criminal on the ballot. As long as Trump runs again in 2020, his election defeat is almost a sure thing because the Dems will not short circuit the process this time and a legitimate candidate will emerge from that process who will be an easy-to-vote-for compared to Trump. Should've done that in 2016 and saved all of us the trouble. :coffee: