Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who wins?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:17 pm

Rams
40%
Patriots
60%

Total votes: 25

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots

Post by Gil Dobie »

Congrats to former Bison Ramon Humber, on getting a Super Bowl ring.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Most boring game in years. Even the commercials were snoozers.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
:lol:
I honestly don't see why not. Get to live in SD as a multimillionaire and crush SD pussy, and they could theoretically build a decent team around him.
He is Mormon and married, but yeah.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: I honestly don't see why not. Get to live in SD as a multimillionaire and crush SD pussy, and they could theoretically build a decent team around him.
He is Mormon and married, but yeah.
How about that Petco Park? :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

ASUG8 wrote:Most boring game in years. Even the commercials were snoozers.
The only commercials I liked were the Amazon one (with all the Alexa fails) and the Game of Thrones Bud Light one. Really, the commercials were as bad as the game. A wretched product for the NFL this year.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

The NFL and the Super Bowl commercials have been down for a while now. Too many FCS players is watering the league down.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:Most boring game in years. Even the commercials were snoozers.
The only commercials I liked were the Amazon one (with all the Alexa fails) and the Game of Thrones Bud Light one. Really, the commercials were as bad as the game. A wretched product for the NFL this year.
Not to mention that awful half time show.

Honestly, and I'm not saying it because they are my #1, but the Foo Fighters concert the night before wast he best part of the Super Bowl weekend.

And one that my dumb ass cousin didn't attend even though it was free. He had free SB tix, was working the Media Days and going to the various receptions and he doesn't attend a free Foo Fighters concert?!

It may be time to disown him.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Not to mention that awful half time show.

Honestly, and I'm not saying it because they are my #1, but the Foo Fighters concert the night before wast he best part of the Super Bowl weekend.

And one that my dumb ass cousin didn't attend even though it was free. He had free SB tix, was working the Media Days and going to the various receptions and he doesn't attend a free Foo Fighters concert?!

It may be time to disown him.
They are a great f'ng cover band.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:The NFL and the Super Bowl commercials have been down for a while now. Too many FCS players is watering the league down.
Truth be told, just the recent FCS products, you know, since the time that the FCS has diminished. You just aren't seeing the quality of FCS players like the ones 10 or 20 years ago. :coffee: :rofl:

And actually, hasn't been "a while", Super Bowl LII, with the quality of play on the field as well as the Justin Timberlake halftime show, was perhaps one of the best Super Bowls ever and that just happened last year.

Oh, and one of the bigger reasons for the Super Bowl being a dud this year, that being the deer-in-the-headlights play of Jared Goff (as has been his playoff track record to date), was a non-FCS player.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:The NFL and the Super Bowl commercials have been down for a while now. Too many FCS players is watering the league down.
Truth be told, just the recent FCS products, you know, since the time that the FCS has diminished. You just aren't seeing the quality of FCS players like the ones 10 or 20 years ago. :coffee: :rofl:

And actually, hasn't been "a while", Super Bowl LII, with the quality of play on the field as well as the Justin Timberlake halftime show, was perhaps one of the best Super Bowls ever and that just happened last year.

Oh, and one of the bigger reasons for the Super Bowl being a dud this year, that being the deer-in-the-headlights play of Jared Goff (as has been his playoff track record to date), was a non-FCS player.
Internal joke aimed at a few people that said the FCS has been down. :D
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

GannonFan wrote:

Yep, Goff played like a scared ninth-grader last night. Glad the Eagles passed on him.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Brandin Cooks, played in the past 2 Super Bowls, and still doesn't have the ring. Tough break, kid
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ivytalk wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Yep, Goff played like a scared ninth-grader last night. Glad the Eagles passed on him.
Goff played as well as he can. It's why he's a bust

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

I thought the Rams were the defensive model every other team was planning to emulate for their HC hiring, and offensive play calling...you know, the high scoring, high octane model...

Defense really does win championships...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Col Hogan wrote:I thought the Rams were the defensive model every other team was planning to emulate for their HC hiring, and offensive play calling...you know, the high scoring, high octane model...

Defense doesn't win championships without at least competent level QB'ing, and last night the Rams did not have a competent QB at the helm. Brady didn't do anything special, just his best Sam Bradford imitation out there with the repeated check downs, but when you have Goff crapping the bed like he did all night that's all that was needed. Goff is years away from being ready for primetime.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I generally find defensive wins as a hallmark of true teamwork...and there were two excellent defenses battling yesterday. Any slight offensive edge meant a probable win, so it kept me on my feet as a viewer. Halftime show sucked, but thought the game itself was one for the ages. :twocents:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:I thought the Rams were the defensive model every other team was planning to emulate for their HC hiring, and offensive play calling...you know, the high scoring, high octane model...

Defense doesn't win championships without at least competent level QB'ing, and last night the Rams did not have a competent QB at the helm. Brady didn't do anything special, just his best Sam Bradford imitation out there with the repeated check downs, but when you have Goff crapping the bed like he did all night that's all that was needed. Goff is years away from being ready for primetime.

If the Ravens put together that Super Bowl performance
We'd be calling them the greatest defense since the 85 Bears

Lets recap here:
The No. 2 scoring offense got shut down
The Rams no. 1 rated offensive line got out schemed
The Rams No. 3 rated running game got thumped

:coffee:

You can say whatever you want about the Patriots offensive performance
But that defense was a MASTER CLASS
No other team in the NFL could have schemed up that defensive performance (Period)
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Lets recap here:

No other team in the NFL could have schemed up that defensive performance (Period)
It was a good defensive performance by the Pats, and they stopped almost everything the Rams threw at them. However, the #3 rated running game, came limping into the game. Can't go against Big Bad Bill with one of your key segments not firing on all cylinders.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:

Or he was a 2nd year pro playing in his first SB against the greatest defensive game planner in the history of football and will learn along with his offensive coaching staff and will continue to develop into an elite QB who can win the biggest game. :roll:

It’s not like he had open receivers or much time...like many great QB’s who’ve suffered a similar fate.

But I do like how your hatred has evolved to the point where you now can downplay both the Pats AND their opponents. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Or he was a 2nd year pro playing in his first SB against the greatest defensive game planner in the history of football and will learn along with his offensive coaching staff and will continue to develop into an elite QB who can win the biggest game. :roll:

It’s not like he had open receivers or much time...like many great QB’s who’ve suffered a similar fate.

But I do like how your hatred has evolved to the point where you now can downplay both the Pats AND their opponents. :lol:

Nobody is having more fun right now than the Eagles...
You'll want to write that down

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Lets recap here:

That was a master class performance but I think l Fangio's 18 Bears defense could have done that to the Rams too (and pretty much created the template earlier in the season). Bears defense does have Khalil Mack though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:I generally find defensive wins as a hallmark of true teamwork...and there were two excellent defenses battling yesterday. Any slight offensive edge meant a probable win, so it kept me on my feet as a viewer. Halftime show sucked, but thought the game itself was one for the ages. :twocents:
“For the ages”? :lol:

Shirley, you can’t be serious.

And don’t call me Shirley.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I generally find defensive wins as a hallmark of true teamwork...and there were two excellent defenses battling yesterday. Any slight offensive edge meant a probable win, so it kept me on my feet as a viewer. Halftime show sucked, but thought the game itself was one for the ages. :twocents:
“For the ages”? :lol:

And all of a sudden....the "defense wins championships" crowd is nowhere to be seen.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: “For the ages”? :lol:

And all of a sudden....the "defense wins championships" crowd is nowhere to be seen.

Well, offense won the previous two SBs, which were much more entertaining. So there’s that. :coffee: