New Pro Football League

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: New Pro Football League

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:I thought about making a smarmy remark regarding yours and 93’s FCS bitterness
What bitterness? We love FCS and wish it was as good as it was ten years ago before it became depleted and one team started winning every championship.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: New Pro Football League

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:
What bitterness? We love FCS and wish it was as good as it was ten years ago before it became depleted and one team started winning every championship.
:nod: :nod: :nod:
Misery loves company. It's good to know that bitter Blue Hen fans have a place to gather and pretend that because Delaware is down the entire subdivision is down while they pine for the good old days when their school was relevant. Acting like a couple of spoiled millennials thinking that the world revolves around them and Delaware and not understanding that FCS has moved on and the Blue Hens need to catch up. Image

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:It's good to know that bitter Blue Hen fans have a place to gather and pretend that because Delaware is down the entire subdivision is down
:lol: :jack:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote:
89Hen wrote: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Misery loves company. It's good to know that bitter Blue Hen fans have a place to gather and pretend that because Delaware is down the entire subdivision is down while they pine for the good old days when their school was relevant. Acting like a couple of spoiled millennials thinking that the world revolves around them and Delaware and not understanding that FCS has moved on and the Blue Hens need to catch up. Image

You forgot to include a trigger warning with this post. :lol:

Heard this new league had higher viewership than the NBA in its first week.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Misery loves company. It's good to know that bitter Blue Hen fans have a place to gather and pretend that because Delaware is down the entire subdivision is down while they pine for the good old days when their school was relevant. Acting like a couple of spoiled millennials thinking that the world revolves around them and Delaware and not understanding that FCS has moved on and the Blue Hens need to catch up. Image

You forgot to include a trigger warning with this post. :lol:

The XFL had ratings about 5x the size that the new football league had in their inaugural game. How has the XFL done in the past few years? :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: You forgot to include a trigger warning with this post. :lol:

The XFL had ratings about 5x the size that the new football league had in their inaugural game. How has the XFL done in the past few years? :coffee:
That was what, 15 years ago? Is that still even relevant given the changes in the telecom/cable industry over that time frame?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
That was what, 15 years ago? Is that still even relevant given the changes in the telecom/cable industry over that time frame?
Even FCS at its prime couldn’t save the XFL... :)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
89Hen wrote: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I thought Delaware dropped their football program..?

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Misery loves company. It's good to know that bitter Blue Hen fans have a place to gather and pretend that because Delaware is down the entire subdivision is down while they pine for the good old days when their school was relevant. Acting like a couple of spoiled millennials thinking that the world revolves around them and Delaware and not understanding that FCS has moved on and the Blue Hens need to catch up. Image

Nah. They were a playoff team this year who faced JMU for the right to face the Patriot League Champ.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

This feels like deja vu all over again.

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

ASUG8 wrote:This feels like deja vu all over again.

It's more like NFL Europe, just not in Europe.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

I remember doing a report on the economics of the World Football League when I was in high school in the 70's.
My main source of information was an article in Sports Illustrated. :lol:

Yellow football. :lol:

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Nah. They were a playoff team this year who faced JMU for the right to face the Patriot League Champ.
Yeah, none of them got to be the team who got to lose to NDSU again. Who do you think gets to be the team to lose to NDSU next year? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Yeah, none of them got to be the team who got to lose to NDSU again. Who do you think gets to be the team to lose to NDSU next year? :coffee:
2019 will be toss up. JMU, NDSU, Elon, and Maine lost head coaches. NDSU, EWU, and Nicholls lost a high number to graduation but I expect most if not all of them to be in the mix.

ISUr is intriguing, returning some key players and The Mustache is a good coach.

Despite losses to graduation, Nicholls still has Fourcade and they may have been the 2nd best team we faced in the playoffs. They certainly passed the eyeball test and can perhaps reload. They need to see improvement at receiver though.

JSU has quite a bit coming back and talent has not been in question for them the past few years, it's just consistency and not being hardened by cold iron in the OVC. Perhaps that's changing with SEMO rising up a little?

The Citadel has a good young QB who played the last half of the season. They might be a dark horse in the Socon.

Out west, Davis loses Doss but have quite a bit returning. If they can play better D, they're poised for a deep run. I also like Weber. Coach Hill seems to have turned the rebuild corner. They play great D, are known for big physical OL's, and if Constantine can continue to develop his passing game (he's just a sophomore) they'll be right there as well.

I'd ask about UD's prospects but I just don't know if I can stand any more Eeyore type responses. They make me want to cry.

Should be an exciting, talent filled season in FCS. :thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
2019 will be toss up. ... NDSU...lost a high number to graduation but I expect ... them to be in the mix.
:rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
2019 will be toss up. ... NDSU...lost a high number to graduation but I expect ... them to be in the mix.
Nice edit, 89hen.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Nice edit, 89hen.
Did you not say that? Are you backtracking now and want to say that NDSU will not be in the mix next year? Did someone else hack your account and make that post for you? 8-)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Nice edit, 89hen.
Did you not say that? Are you backtracking now and want to say that NDSU will not be in the mix next year? Did someone else hack your account and make that post for you? 8-)
I was referring to a number of teams with question marks...hence..."most, if not all"....

I wouldn't bet against them reaching the finals, but even NDSU fans are wondering about the direction they take now that Klieman, Stick, Menard, Shepard, Grimsley, Anderson, and Dunn are gone. That's quite a bit to replace.

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

The Citadel has a good young QB who played the last half of the season. They might be a dark horse in the Socon.
That kid had an intangible .... that I can only guess doesn’t show up in practice... that’s my only theory as to why he wasn’t the starter all along

He makes the TO..... exciting

(He also throws like someone who does it every other play)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: That was what, 15 years ago? Is that still even relevant given the changes in the telecom/cable industry over that time frame?
Even FCS at its prime couldn’t save the XFL... :)
Relax, nobody watches FCS, it's down because the big names are down or gone or something like that.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

Grizalltheway wrote:
kalm wrote:
You know, I thought about making a smarmy remark regarding yours and 93’s FCS bitterness, and decided to be nice instead. But since you mentioned it...Wazzu just got a grey shirt transfer QB from EWU who they feel has a shot at replacing the FBS leading passer from 2018. JMU and NDSU both poached multiple 3 star recruits from P5’s. Portland State nabs a 6’5” 240 lb DE from Auburn, WA with offers from Michigan, Oregon, Oregon St. Utah, Utah State, and Hawaii.

Loads of present and future talent in FCS. :nod:

Btw, I didn’t understand the gist of your pic.
Na
Cl
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Vidav wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Na
Cl
That avatar of yours is mesmerizing.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think there are probably some guys in that league who are better than they got credit for in the NFL. I say that because it is clear that NFL people make mistakes. A couple of examples come to mind. Like Kurt Warner. By NFL evaluators that guy would never have started if the starter hadn't got hurt. Then he turned out to be, for a couple of years, one of the most effective quarterbacks of all time. We will never know how he'd have done if he'd been given a shot from early on because by the time injury gave him a shot he was getting relatively old.

Brett Farve is another one. Atlanta didn't think he was good enough.

Oh, and BTW, Tom Brady is another one who wasn't starting but got his shot due to injury.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

The way I understand this league, it's intended to be the NFL's Pacific Coast League, albeit without the major team affiliations, since there are only eight teams. It's also supposed to be an incubator for proposed rule changes, such as eliminating PATs and kickoffs. The onside kick is replaced with a conversion of 4th and 12 from the offensive team's own 28. I think these rules are completely bogus.

Mike Martz is running the show in San Diego, and I'm not liking what he's doing there. He lost his #1 pick (Josh Johnson) to the Redskins, and benched his eventual starter to begin the 4th quarter at San Antonio (coached by Mike Riley). It wasn't that guy's fault that his team was losing 16-6; given the fact that they only had one pre-season game, they had no O-Line to speak of. The backup threw a pick into the end zone (a rather acrobatic pick, if you ask me, since it came underneath the DB's armpit). The starter actually showed some semblance of brains earlier in the game when he noticed the San Antonio defense aligning in a double 3-tech. He immediately switched to the goose play, which was good for 14 yards.

Steve Spurrier has the reigns in Orlando, and he's doing fairly well so far. I know nothing about anyone else....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.