Report: Flacco traded to the Donkeys

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Report: Flacco traded to the Donkeys

Post by dbackjon »

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/2/1 ... joe-flacco

Report: Broncos trade for quarterback Joe Flacco

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Denver Broncos have agreed in principle to trade for Baltimore Ravens quarterback, Joe Flacco.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN.

Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it.

9:08 AM - Feb 13, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
5,478 people are talking about this
:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Report: Flacco traded to the Donkeys

Post by 93henfan »

Sounds like a good trade. Ravens eat $16M. Broncos get a QB upgrade. Flacco probably has a few decent years left. Maybe the Broncos will get him some actual receivers to throw to. Last time he had that, he was winning a Super Bowl.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Where does Foles get traded to?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Where does Foles get traded to?
I'm guessing Miami or Jax. We'll see. With a franchise tender, the Eagles will have the ability to ensure he doesn't go to the Redskins or Giants.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:Sounds like a good trade. Ravens eat $16M. Broncos get a QB upgrade. Flacco probably has a few decent years left. Maybe the Broncos will get him some actual receivers to throw to. Last time he had that, he was winning a Super Bowl.
Do they have any WR's right now? Almost looks like Baltimore West right now - decent D, and now a decent QB but without any weapons.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

And the Delaware excuse train keeps rolling. $120 million. :rofl:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:And the Delaware excuse train keeps rolling. $120 million. :rofl:
Excuse for what? A Super Bowl ring and an MVP trophy?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:And the Delaware excuse train keeps rolling. $120 million. :rofl:
A worthy successor to Trent Dilfer, for sure.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
A worthy successor to Trent Dilfer, for sure.
Yeah, sure, almost the same. I don't recall any snippets like this when Dilfer QB'd the Ravens...
In a 34–31 win over the favored San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII, played on February 3, 2013, Flacco completed 22 of 33 passes for 287 yards and another three touchdowns, tying him for first place on the list of most consecutive playoff games with at least three touchdown passes (3 games). With a record fourth playoff game with a 100+ passer rating in a single postseason,[4] Flacco was named the game's Most Valuable Player.[52] For winning the award, he was given a then-brand-new red Chevrolet Corvette.

Flacco finished the postseason having completed 73-of-126 (57.9 percent) passes for 1,140 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions, tying Montana and Kurt Warner for the most touchdowns in a single postseason[67] and additionally tying Montana for the most touchdowns without an interception in a single postseason.[68] Flacco's 117.2 passer rating tied him for third place all-time with Steve Young in a Super Bowl-winning postseason.[68]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Flacco

Why does the article keep bringing up Montana, Warner, and Young, and seemingly never mentions Dilfer.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

GannonFan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: A worthy successor to Trent Dilfer, for sure.
Yeah, sure, almost the same. I don't recall any snippets like this when Dilfer QB'd the Ravens...
In a 34–31 win over the favored San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII, played on February 3, 2013, Flacco completed 22 of 33 passes for 287 yards and another three touchdowns, tying him for first place on the list of most consecutive playoff games with at least three touchdown passes (3 games). With a record fourth playoff game with a 100+ passer rating in a single postseason,[4] Flacco was named the game's Most Valuable Player.[52] For winning the award, he was given a then-brand-new red Chevrolet Corvette.

Flacco finished the postseason having completed 73-of-126 (57.9 percent) passes for 1,140 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions, tying Montana and Kurt Warner for the most touchdowns in a single postseason[67] and additionally tying Montana for the most touchdowns without an interception in a single postseason.[68] Flacco's 117.2 passer rating tied him for third place all-time with Steve Young in a Super Bowl-winning postseason.[68]

Why does the article keep bringing up Montana, Warner, and Young, and seemingly never mentions Dilfer.
Yep, he's a slightly above average QB who played out of his mind for one postseason, leveraged it into a big payday, and proceeded to...be slightly above average.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Yep, he's a slightly above average QB who played out of his mind for one postseason, leveraged it into a big payday, and proceeded to...be slightly above average.
So not like Dilfer at all then. Got it, thanks!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

GannonFan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Yep, he's a slightly above average QB who played out of his mind for one postseason, leveraged it into a big payday, and proceeded to...be slightly above average.
So not like Dilfer at all then. Got it, thanks!
BTW, ESPN graded that trade as a D+ for the Broncos. One more for the road! :coffee:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote:Where does Foles get traded to?
I'm not sure a trade is in the offing. Per SB Nation (and other sources), the Eagles exercised their option on Pastor Nick, but he bought them out. It looks like he's a free agent now. SBN tabs Jax, Miami, and Washington as likely landing spots, but Miami has cap issues, and I can't see him going within the division. Jacksonville would reunite him with a prior coach, but they're having issues, too. I'm not sure where he goes. I COULD see him sticking around in Philly with a new (probably upgraded) contract, but he would likely make it very clear that he would HAVE to be the acknowledged starter, given recent Philly QB history. I don't know anyone else with both the cap space to sign him AND a decent team situation for him to land in....

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/2/8/1 ... ding-spots

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Grizalltheway wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Watching GannonFan sincerely debate with all his heart
A) that Flacco is actually really good (5 years of statistics to the contrary)
B) and Brady is average and just lucky

continues to prove that he is blindly devoted to one outcome
regardless of all external information

:lol:

When Lamar Jackson supplants you...
and goes 6-1 with the exact same roster and Lamar Jackson is not very good
If the Ravens had an NFL caliber QB they'd have likely gone 12-4
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Yep, he's a slightly above average QB who played out of his mind for one postseason, leveraged it into a big payday, and proceeded to...be slightly above average.

Baltimore's problem is that they've never adequately addressed their WR and TE situations over the years. The one year they did field a serviceable receiving corps under Flacco, he had an epic playoff run and brought them the Lombardi Trophy and bagged the MVP as well.

Ravens in 2018: John Brown (715 yds) was top WR, Nick Boyle (213 yds) was top TE, Gus Edwards (718 rushing) top RB
Ravens in 2012: Boldin (921) and Smith (855) at WR and Pitta (669) at TE and Rice (1,143 rushing) at RB

Lamar Jackson was obviously more valuable in 2018 than Flacco, because there was nobody to throw to, the OL sucked, and Lamar has 21 year old quick twitch thighs to make something out of nothing. He's the next Cam Newton.

Here was the QB passing comparison this year:
Flacco 232/379 (61.2%) for 2,465 yds, 12 TD, 6 INT, 9 starts
Jackson 99/170 (58.2%) for 1,201 yds, 6 TD, 3 INT, 7 starts

So, Flacco was the better passer and Jackson was obviously the better runner, which is exactly what Baltimore needs until they can fix their offense. When you're not a playoff team, you may as well go with the 21 year old first round pick than the 32 year old first round pick, and let the little spring chicken run for his life.

Get back to me when Jackson goes 12-4 like you said he should next year. I'm patient. I'll await that crow-eating session, if it really happens. Or even when he wins a Super Bowl or the MVP. :thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Baltimore's problem is that they've never adequately addressed their WR and TE situations over the years. The one year they did field a serviceable receiving corps under Flacco, he had an epic playoff run and brought them the Lombardi Trophy and bagged the MVP as well.

Ravens in 2018: John Brown (715 yds) was top WR, Nick Boyle (213 yds) was top TE, Gus Edwards (718 rushing) top RB
Ravens in 2012: Boldin (921) and Smith (855) at WR and Pitta (669) at TE and Rice (1,143 rushing) at RB

Lamar Jackson was obviously more valuable in 2018 than Flacco, because there was nobody to throw to, the OL sucked, and Lamar has 21 year old quick twitch thighs to make something out of nothing. He's the next Cam Newton.

Here was the QB passing comparison this year:
Flacco 232/379 (61.2%) for 2,465 yds, 12 TD, 6 INT, 9 starts
Jackson 99/170 (58.2%) for 1,201 yds, 6 TD, 3 INT, 7 starts

So, Flacco was the better passer and Jackson was obviously the better runner, which is exactly what Baltimore needs until they can fix their offense. When you're not a playoff team, you may as well go with the 21 year old first round pick than the 32 year old first round pick, and let the little spring chicken run for his life.

Get back to me when Jackson goes 12-4 like you said he should next year. I'm patient. I'll await that crow-eating session, if it really happens. Or even when he wins a Super Bowl or the MVP. :thumb:
I didn't say "Jackson" should or would go 12-4
I said if the Ravens had an NFL caliber quarterback "They" would go 12-4

The roster issues you're convincing yourself are real are not exactly strong arguments
John Brown was open about 70% of the time he wasn't blocking for a run

Willie Snead John Brown and Michael Crabtree are an above average line-up
considering they had an A+ running game

All the Ravens needed was an actual quarterback
they just didn't have one on the roster
they were fine everywhere else
and down right excellent on D

:nod:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Man, I'm not sure which year you were watching. :lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

You and ganny are fanboys, and that's fine. We all want to see players who went to our schools do well in the big leagues. But you can't argue, with a straight face anyway, that the rest of his time in Bmore did not go as they had hoped when they gave him that payday. And you can't blame it all in the team around him.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:You and ganny are fanboys, and that's fine. We all want to see players who went to our schools do well in the big leagues. But you can't argue, with a straight face anyway, that the rest of his time in Bmore did not go as they had hoped when they gave him that payday. And you can't blame it all in the team around him.
Flacco isn't a Hall of Famer, that's for sure, but he's done as well as a QB could do on a team that has not focused any real effort on its offense, except for about a three year period from 2010-2012, and they went to the divisional round, AFCCG, and Super Bowl (winning it) in those three years. The rest of the time, they've had pedestrian receivers, a banned girlfriend-batterer at RB, and a left (sometimes right) tackle that made a nice movie but couldn't block you. Baltimore has always had a Buddy Ryan philosophy of starting with the defense and letting the offense fend for itself. Nothing fanboy about it. Flacco got old and had a catastrophic knee injury, a severe back injury, and a smattering of concussions in the meantime. He's still 10-5 in the playoffs, and has the most road playoff victories of any QB in NFL history, including beating Brady and Belichick twice in Foxboro in the playoffs, and the distinction of beating both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in a single season's playoffs. The first season he didn't make the playoffs (2013), he still threw for over 3,900 yards. He's been a very good, not great QB in total. I don't believe I've ever claimed differently. :thumb:

Guy does have a pretty sweet cannon for an arm though:
phpBB [video]
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:You and ganny are fanboys, and that's fine. We all want to see players who went to our schools do well in the big leagues. But you can't argue, with a straight face anyway, that the rest of his time in Bmore did not go as they had hoped when they gave him that payday. And you can't blame it all in the team around him.
Flacco isn't a Hall of Famer, that's for sure, but he's done as well as a QB could do on a team that has not focused any real effort on its offense, except for about a three year period from 2010-2012, and they went to the divisional round, AFCCG, and Super Bowl (winning it) in those three years. The rest of the time, they've had pedestrian receivers, a banned girlfriend-batterer at RB, and a left (sometimes right) tackle that made a nice movie but couldn't block you. Baltimore has always had a Buddy Ryan philosophy of starting with the defense and letting the offense fend for itself. Nothing fanboy about it. Flacco got old and had a catastrophic knee injury, a severe back injury, and a smattering of concussions in the meantime. He's still 10-5 in the playoffs, and has the most road playoff victories of any QB in NFL history, including beating Brady and Belichick twice in Foxboro in the playoffs, and the distinction of beating both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in a single season's playoffs. The first season he didn't make the playoffs (2013), he still threw for over 3,900 yards. He's been a very good, not great QB in total. I don't believe I've ever claimed differently. :thumb:
That is ^ a whole bunch of JSO style gibberish right there...

:rofl:

Thank you

Bottom line:
Joe Flacco is statistically pedestrian
-doesn't do anything to win ball games late
-can throw any pass in the book yet has trouble completing consecutive passes
-is lauded for his long ball yet statistically that cannot be supported (it's just hyperbole)
-and just got beat out of a job by a kid who is actually pretty terrible but finds a way to win

had Baltimore not signed Flacco to that disaster of a contract they would have moved on long ago
Joe won the lottery and punched his ticket and gets to play out his final years in Denver
never to be seen again... (other than standing on the sidelines after season one)

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Thank you

Bottom line:
-is lauded for his long ball yet statistically that cannot be supported (it's just hyperbole)
-and just got beat out of a job by a kid who is actually pretty terrible but finds a way to win

had Baltimore not signed Flacco to that disaster of a contract they would have moved on long ago
Joe won the lottery and punched his ticket and gets to play out his final years in Denver
never to be seen again... (other than standing on the sidelines after season one)

No gibberish, just facts, as always. :nod:

Let me know when Lamar Jackson goes 12-4. :rofl:

Better yet, if he wins a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP like Flacco, I will send you $1000. (i.e. never happening)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Thank you

Bottom line:

No gibberish, just facts, as always. :nod:

Let me know when Lamar Jackson goes 12-4. :rofl:

Better yet, if he wins a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP like Flacco, I will send you $1000. (i.e. never happening)
Clearly you have low reading comprehension...
And there isn't much in the way of facts in your Ravens analysis
as I stated - if the Ravens had an NFL caliber QB on their roster they would go 12-4

Presently they do not... as I noted more than once
Never did a say anything about Lamar Jackson other than he wasn't very good

:dunce:

Where you get this sh!t I will never know
but it shows a large bias for a predetermined outcome on your part
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Man, Chizzang is breathing heavy on this one. Awesome! :lol: :clap:

12-4, baby! Go Lamar.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:Man, Chizzang is breathing heavy on this one. Awesome! :lol: :clap:

12-4, baby! Go Lamar.

:coffee:

Look at me go... all crazy
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Flacco Deal Makes John Elway Mayor of Crazy Town, Apparently
This is not a defense of Elway or Flacco, both of whom have been objectively bad at their jobs the past three years.
He is on a one-year, $18.5 million deal with two team-option years after that.
Anyway, when it’s all said and done, Flacco’s “crippling” one-year deal will pay him more than one (Andy Dalton, $16.2 million), perhaps two (Bridgewater pending) starting QBs who are no longer on their rookie deals.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm