Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Post by Gil Dobie »

Some FCS recognition

link

WASHINGTON, D.C. (NewsDakota.com) – Senator John Hoeven today announced that the President Donald J. Trump has invited the North Dakota State University (NDSU) Bison football team to be honored at the White House.

Following the Bison’s seventh FCS national title in eight years, Hoeven and the President discussed honoring the team at the White House and the President has extended an invitation. Hoeven has also spoken with NDSU President Dean Bresciani and is working with NDSU, the President, and the White House.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: President Trump Invites NDSU Football Team to the White House

Post by Col Hogan »

Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

UMass didn’t get one in 1998...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Will he be serving Casey’s Breakfast Pizza?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Col Hogan wrote:Has any other FCS champ got such an invite???

Weren't we still under British rule then?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Don't worry, I'm sure it will happen when they win an FBS title.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

89Hen wrote:

Weren't we still under British rule then?
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Division II North Alabama visited the White House in the 1990's, after their 3-peat, when Clinton was President.

They will compete in the Big South this year.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Mmmm mmmm, all the McDLT's you can eat.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:Mmmm mmmm, all the McDLT's you can eat.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Hamburders for all!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez wrote:Hamburders for all!
Unless it's a trend or the government is shutdown, the Bison should get a better meal.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Hamburders for all!
Unless it's a trend or the government is shutdown, the Bison should get a better meal.
Bison burders would be a nice touch. :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I dunno

For some reason I kind of like the idea of the fast food thing at the WH...

Fast food deep fried, full of fat and sugars... it doesn’t get any more American than that

Embrace the chintzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Lets only concentrate on the blacks that dont go!!!

Sweet!

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:I dunno

Fast food deep fried, full of fat and sugars... it doesn’t get any more American than that

Embrace the chintzy

I guess the same thing can happen with fancy food but the problem with ordering something like a bunch of hamburgers is that not everybody likes them the same way. Like for instance I like cheeseburgers plain. Just meat and cheese. If I go somewhere and somebody gives me a hamburger with mustard and mayonnaise on it I'm not eating it. Or with pickles. Or with tomatoes. Lettuce I can handle but I'd probably take it off.

Most people aren't as much "plain" as I am but they still like or don't like certain things. I guess a safe choice would be to go with Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches. The only thing they put on those is a pickle and you can take that off if you don't like it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

Except the Jews. They’d get chicken.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:Tough sh1t

It isn’t the Ritz Carlton it’s the goddamn White House. You eat what the fvcking serve you and then take your picture with the President of the United States of America

If I was President I’d serve NC barbecue from Short Sugars in Reidsville and dare them not to like it.

LOL! But I'm not the kind who cares about having my picture taken with the President of the United States. I think Ronald Reagan was the bomb but I would not have gone to Washington DC to have a picture taken with him. You can believe this or not but I got a prestigious award for stuff I did during the Deepwater Horizon thing. I was invited to go to Washington DC to receive it. Not from the President. But from a high official. I made an excuse not to go and said just to send it to me.

And I would've done the same thing if it'd been the President shaking my hand and giving me the award. I'm just not like that. I don't care. Whatever I do I do for other reasons. I am not impressed by stuff like people being famous.
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:

LOL! But I'm not the kind who cares about having my picture taken with the President of the United States. I think Ronald Reagan was the bomb but I would not have gone to Washington DC to have a picture taken with him. You can believe this or not but I got a prestigious award for stuff I did during the Deepwater Horizon thing. I was invited to go to Washington DC to receive it. Not from the President. But from a high official. I made an excuse not to go and said just to send it to me.

And I would've done the same thing if it'd been the President shaking my hand and giving me the award. I'm just not like that. I don't care. Whatever I do I do for other reasons. I am not impressed by stuff like people being famous.
I think they are planning other activities for the trip, like tours of historical places etc. It's a great opportunity for the student athletes to experience the National Capital.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

I think they are planning other activities for the trip, like tours of historical places etc. It's a great opportunity for the student athletes to experience the National Capital.
Obviously I've never been in their position but I suspect that if I were on a sports team and my team were going on a trip like that I would go out of respect for other members of the team. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it. When I say I don't like going to the Washington DC area I'm just talking about me personally. Also I am not the type that gets excited over being around celebrities. I've run across a few in my time and when I do I pretty much act like I don't know who they are. I just act like they're any other person I might run across. And I couldn't care less about being in a photograph with anybody. I am not excited by the idea of meeting somebody famous. Couldn't care less.

I'm just a curmudgeon I guess. Like I have to go to the Washington DC area from time to time. In fact I have to go next week. But I have never seen any of the sites people like to go to. I've never been down to the mall where all the monuments are and such. Never seen the White House or the Capital Building. Never seen any of that stuff. No desire to see it. I just go to where i need to go, do what I need to do, and get out. Same thing will happen next week. I'll go stay in a hotel that's across the street from the building where my business is. I'll walk back and forth across the street each day to do what I need to do and when I'm done I'll come straight home.
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Obviously I've never been in their position but I suspect that if I were on a sports team and my team were going on a trip like that I would go out of respect for other members of the team. But I wouldn't be looking forward to it. When I say I don't like going to the Washington DC area I'm just talking about me personally. Also I am not the type that gets excited over being around celebrities. I've run across a few in my time and when I do I pretty much act like I don't know who they are. I just act like they're any other person I might run across. And I couldn't care less about being in a photograph with anybody. I am not excited by the idea of meeting somebody famous. Couldn't care less.

I'm just a curmudgeon I guess. Like I have to go to the Washington DC area from time to time. In fact I have to go next week. But I have never seen any of the sites people like to go to. I've never been down to the mall where all the monuments are and such. Never seen the White House or the Capital Building. Never seen any of that stuff. No desire to see it. I just go to where i need to go, do what I need to do, and get out. Same thing will happen next week. I'll go stay in a hotel that's across the street from the building where my business is. I'll walk back and forth across the street each day to do what I need to do and when I'm done I'll come straight home.
There's more to DC than politicians, like the Smithsonian and other museums, monuments etc.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

NC barbecue is ambrosia, and should be served at state dinners. Mickey D's not so much.

Short Sugars is on my list, but I don't get to Reidsville often.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

You gonna be anywhere near the Air and Space Museum? I'm two blocks away. We should get lunch. We have a McD's in the building and they'll let you order a cheeseburger with nothing on it. That's if you can speak Spanish.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
I'm just a curmudgeon I guess.
You GUESS? This some new epiphany you’ve just had? :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AshevilleApp wrote:

NC barbecue is ambrosia, and should be served at state dinners. Mickey D's not so much.

Short Sugars is on my list, but I don't get to Reidsville often.
It’s a 20 minute drive from my house so I make a point of taking my dad there whenever I am home.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I dunno

Embrace the chintzy

I guess the same thing can happen with fancy food but the problem with ordering something like a bunch of hamburgers is that not everybody likes them the same way. Like for instance I like cheeseburgers plain. Just meat and cheese. If I go somewhere and somebody gives me a hamburger with mustard and mayonnaise on it I'm not eating it. Or with pickles. Or with tomatoes. Lettuce I can handle but I'd probably take it off.

Most people aren't as much "plain" as I am but they still like or don't like certain things. I guess a safe choice would be to go with Chick Fil A chicken sandwiches. The only thing they put on those is a pickle and you can take that off if you don't like it.
They don't put mayo on Chick Fil A sammies? :shock:

Now I know for sure it's over rated. :nod: