I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2/18 Scores

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
  • Men

IDA 57-82 EWU; Eagles win second-half shooting 62%-38%

Women

IDA 75-74 EWU; EWU made a layup with :02 left, then Ferenz hit a trey that counted after a lengthy review
Can you catch, pass it another 30 feet, and still get a shot off with 1.6 seconds? :suspicious:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post-Week-8 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Men

1. Montana _____________12-2_____19-6_____ W9
      2. Northern Colorado___11-4_____17-9_____ L1
      3. Weber State__________10-5_____16-10____ W1
      4. Montana State ________9-6_____12-13____ L1
      5. Eastern Washington___8-6_____10-15____ W2
      6. Southern Utah ________7-8_____12-12____ L2
      7. Portland State_________6-8_____11-14____ W2
      8. Northern Arizona _____6-9______8-17____ W1
      9. Sacramento State _____5-9_____11-12____ L1
      10.Idaho State ___________5-10_____9-15____ L3
      11.Idaho _________________1-13_____4-21____ L11

• Women

1. Idaho ________________11-3_____14-9_____ W1
      2. Portland State________11-3_____19-4_____ W4
      3. Northern Colorado___11-4_____16-8_____ W1
      4. Idaho State __________11-4_____16-8_____ L1
      5. Montana State ________8-7_____13-12____ W1
      6. Montana ______________7-7_____12-11____ W2
      7. Eastern Washington___6-8______7-16____ L1
      8. Sacramento State _____5-9______9-13____ L1
      9. Northern Arizona _____5-10_____9-15____ W1
      10.Southern Utah ________3-12_____6-18____ L5
      11.Weber State___________2-13_____5-20____ L3
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:Can you catch, pass it another 30 feet, and still get a shot off with 1.6 seconds? :suspicious:
The pass was more like 10 feet, not 30. :?

Using a stopwatch, I timed it at 1.66 sec. Anything under 1.7 is gonna say 1.6 on the clock, though. The refs wouldn't have had to do it on their own if EWU's clock operator hadn't screwed up, of course.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
kalm wrote:Can you catch, pass it another 30 feet, and still get a shot off with 1.6 seconds? :suspicious:

Using a stopwatch, I timed it at 1.66 sec. Anything under 1.7 is gonna say 1.6 on the clock, though. The refs wouldn't have had to do it on their own if EWU's clock operator hadn't screwed up, of course.
Ok... so maybe not 30 but it sure was shit closer to that than 10. Trust me, I’m a fisherman.

Someone Eagle Nations FB page clocked it using Priemere Pro editing software and had it at 1.88 but he also admitted the officials clocksxare orobably not that accurate.

Why couldn’t they have just reset the inbound play?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Ok... so maybe not 30 but it sure was shit closer to that than 10.
She passed it from just outside the arc to the wing. That isn't very far. It looks to be 15 feet at the absolute most. Keep in the mind the distance from the baseline to the top of the arc is 21 feet.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
kalm wrote:
Ok... so maybe not 30 but it sure was shit closer to that than 10.
She passed it from just outside the arc to the wing. That isn't very far. It looks to be 15 feet at the absolute most. Keep in the mind the distance from the baseline to the top of the arc is 21 feet.
She passed it from a solid 7 feet behind the arc.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Well, OK, but still… 30 feet is roughly the distance from the baseline to that gray line to the right of midcourt. The distance between Klinker & Ferenz looks to be less than half of that.

But, to the larger point: it was borderline whether Ferenz truly got it off in time, but it's certainly not unreasonable to conclude she did.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
kalm wrote:
Well, OK, but still… 30 feet is roughly the distance from the baseline to that gray line to the right of midcourt. The distance between Klinker & Ferenz looks to be less than half of that.

But, to the larger point: it was borderline whether Ferenz truly got it off in time, but it's certainly not unreasonable to conclude she did.
Pausing the replay when the red light around the clock goes off (when the clock hits 0.00) the shooter was just getting the ball on the pass. Shot was after the red lights went off.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SACCAT wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Pausing the replay when the red light around the clock goes off (when the clock hits 0.00) the shooter was just getting the ball on the pass. Shot was after the red lights went off.
The clock started about a full second before anyone touched it. That's why the review took so long, because the refs had to correct for that.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

POTW - Week 15

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Men

Sayeed Pridgett (UMT) - 22.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.5 rpg, 67% on FGs (2 games)

Women

Savannah Smith (UNC) - 30.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 3.5 spg, 13/14 on FTs (2 games)

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/2/19/m ... -week.aspx
https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/2/19/w ... onors.aspx
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

kalm wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
  • Men

IDA 57-82 EWU; Eagles win second-half shooting 62%-38%

Women

IDA 75-74 EWU; EWU made a layup with :02 left, then Ferenz hit a trey that counted after a lengthy review
Can you catch, pass it another 30 feet, and still get a shot off with 1.6 seconds? :suspicious:
You can do a lot in 1.6 seconds. Including stopping the other team from scoring. :nod:
grizband
Level1
Level1

Re: POTW - Week 15

Post by grizband »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Men

Sayeed Pridgett (UMT) - 22.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.5 rpg, 67% on FGs (2 games)

Women

Savannah Smith (UNC) - 30.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 3.5 spg, 13/14 on FTs (2 games)

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/2/19/m ... -week.aspx
https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/2/19/w ... onors.aspx
Should we just award Savannah Smith the women's player of the year award now?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:
kalm wrote:
You can do a lot in 1.6 seconds. Including stopping the other team from scoring. :nod:
In regulation. There’s. New video with a running clock and I’ll try and post it. It’s really not that close.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

grizband wrote:Should we just award Savannah Smith the women's player of the year award now?
Not if Idaho wins the conference (Ferenz).
grizband
Level1
Level1

Post by grizband »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
grizband wrote:Should we just award Savannah Smith the women's player of the year award now?
Conference championship will play a pivotal role in the MVP award. Smith and Ferenz are 1 and 2 in scoring (23.7 and 23.2ppg respectivly), while Smith is 4th in assists (4.5 pg), and leads the league in steals (2.3 pg); she's also near the top in many shooting categories. Ferenz is 7th in assists/game and is also top 15 in numerous categories; this should come down to the wire.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

grizband wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Conference championship will play a pivotal role in the MVP award. Smith and Ferenz are 1 and 2 in scoring (23.7 and 23.2ppg respectivly), while Smith is 4th in assists (4.5 pg), and leads the league in steals (2.3 pg); she's also near the top in many shooting categories. Ferenz is 7th in assists/game and is also top 15 in numerous categories; this should come down to the wire.
I'd go with Ferenz if I had to pick now because Smith's shooting % (36%) and 3-pt. % (31%) aren't very good. You could also make an argument for Jace Henderson, too, if Montana wasn't practically guaranteed no higher than 5th. (she leads UM in points, rebounds, & assists—something that hasn't happened in at least 24 years). This award goes to the regular-season champ about 85% of the time, so whoever finishes first between Idaho & NoCo will likely get MVP. I doubt PSU or ISU will get it even if one of them wins the league.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
grizband wrote: Conference championship will play a pivotal role in the MVP award. Smith and Ferenz are 1 and 2 in scoring (23.7 and 23.2ppg respectivly), while Smith is 4th in assists (4.5 pg), and leads the league in steals (2.3 pg); she's also near the top in many shooting categories. Ferenz is 7th in assists/game and is also top 15 in numerous categories; this should come down to the wire.
I'd go with Ferenz if I had to pick now because Smith's shooting % (36%) and 3-pt. % (31%) aren't very good. You could also make an argument for Jace Henderson, too, if Montana wasn't practically guaranteed no higher than 5th. (she leads UM in points, rebounds, & assists—something that hasn't happened in at least 24 years). This award goes to the regular-season champ about 85% of the time, so whoever finishes first between Idaho & NoCo will likely get MVP. I doubt PSU or ISU will get it even if one of them wins the league.
So, on the Mens side. Do you think that Pridgett will win it if (or more like when at this point) the griz win the conference? Or do the voters go with the player that is now the all-time leading scorer in Big Sky history...(FYI, I would take Frey over Hall for Bobcats MVP)
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SACCAT wrote:So, on the Mens side. Do you think that Pridgett will win it if (or more like when at this point) the griz win the conference? Or do the voters go with the player that is now the all-time leading scorer in Big Sky history...(FYI, I would take Frey over Hall for Bobcats MVP)
I think the Griz nominee will get MVP (anyone other than UM winning the title would be shocking at this point). It could end up being Pridgett, but—if the vote was held right now—I'm guessing the nominee would be Rorie. Rorie is still averaging more ppg than Pridgett, even in conference play.

If it doesn't go to UM, Jordan Davis & Jerrick Harding both have better stats than Hall… and Davis has better overall stats than Frey.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SACCAT »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SACCAT wrote:So, on the Mens side. Do you think that Pridgett will win it if (or more like when at this point) the griz win the conference? Or do the voters go with the player that is now the all-time leading scorer in Big Sky history...(FYI, I would take Frey over Hall for Bobcats MVP)
I think the Griz nominee will get MVP (anyone other than UM winning the title would be shocking at this point). It could end up being Pridgett, but—if the vote was held right now—I'm guessing the nominee would be Rorie. Rorie is still averaging more ppg than Pridgett, even in conference play.

If it doesn't go to UM, Jordan Davis & Jerrick Harding both have better stats than Hall… and Davis has better overall stats than Frey.
FYI...I don't think Frey will get it, just saying he has had a better year than Hall has...
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SACCAT wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

FYI...I don't think Frey will get it, just saying he has had a better year than Hall has...
I agree, considering his A:TO ratio.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

2/20 Score

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Women

SAC 78-69 WEB; Weber shoots 17% from the arc & loses to Sac at home for the first time in 5 years
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

2/21 Scores

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Men

ISU 93-99 PSU; The Vikings hit 15 treys, their most against a DI opponent in more than 9 years
    WEB 76-78 SAC; The Wildcats got Zach Braxton back, but they're now without Jerrick Harding
    EWU 62-76 SUU; Dre Marin & Jacob Calloway combine to go 9/13 from the arc
    IDA 54-75 NAU; The Vandals have now lost 12 straight overall and 11 straight by double digits

Women

SUU 66-80 EWU; Eagles win bench points 41-8
    NAU 72-90 IDA; Mikayla Ferenz scores 39 as her Vandals shoot 56%
    PSU 54-72 ISU; This one was tied at halftime, but the Viks shot 19% after that
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2018-19 Big Sky Basketball

Post by SDHornet »

Weebs has the ball last and takes a terrible shot, Hornets get the rebound and a weebs player runs him over and a foul is called with under 2 seconds to go. Hornets nail the 2 FTs and beat weebs. :lol:

For the record, I don't like how this ended on a foul call but it was a pretty bad foul, and not a ticky tack foul. Watching it live in person, I thought it was a call that had to be made.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:Weebs has the ball last and takes a terrible shot, Hornets get the rebound and a weebs player runs him over and a foul is called with under 2 seconds to go. Hornets nail the 2 FTs and beat weebs. :lol:

For the record, I don't like how this ended on a foul call but it was a pretty bad foul, and not a ticky tack foul. Watching it live in person, I thought it was a call that had to be made.
Yeah, he knocked him down, so they had to call it. The foul also let us see our favorite leprechaun coach stomp around at the end, too. :lol:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

ISU is getting worse instead of better. When the new AD gets there, methinks firing Evans should be his first task.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk