Liberty Hoops

College Hoops discussion
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Liberty Hoops

Post by SuperHornet »

I don't know if anyone's bothered to notice (I myself just found out today), but quietly Liberty is putting together a pretty good season. Currently, the Flames are sitting at 27-6, and that includes wins against Navy and UCLA. Actually, that win at UCLA was something of a blowout (73-58). Liberty is the Atlantic Sun Conference #2 seed, and is set to face #1 Lipscomb tomorrow for the championship. This is a pretty good matchup for Liberty, as the two schools have split their season series. (Interestingly enough, both games were won by the road team.)

Given that win over UCLA, I COULD see either a 10-13 seed with a Liberty win, or even a play-in game with a loss. (Yes, I realize that's a stretch given the ASUN's rep as a one-bid conference.) If not, there could be a high seed in a second-tier tournament coming Lynchburg's way....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Liberty Hoops

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Liberty's RPI suggests a 13-seed is probably the absolute best they could hope for, and a 15-seed would be the most likely.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

UCLA is the definition of hot garbage.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Doesn’t the net rating count more than RPI now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

css75 wrote:Doesn’t the net rating count more than RPI now?
Yes, supposedly.