Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Chizzang »

mainejeff wrote:Ivanka has created millions of jobs!

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1100049700961406976

:coffee:
If any president in the History of this great nation
ever made that ridiculous of a claim he would be ridiculed and berated mercilessly

Trump says sh!t this insane every 24 hours

:dunce:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Prove she hasnt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: The Official

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Prove she hasnt

The council she's on got pledges from American businesses to create education and training opportunities. Some of these were already planned buy the company. Regardless, these pledges don't equal jobs.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Prove she hasnt

The council she's on got pledges from American businesses to create education and training opportunities. Some of these were already planned buy the company. Regardless, these pledges don't equal jobs.
*by
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/trumps- ... -2018.html
Throughout the 2016 campaign and since, the president and his party have vowed to kick-start tepid Obama-era economic growth. Specifically, they insisted tax cuts and deregulation would return growth to its post-World War II average of 3 percent — a level, candidate Trump said derisively, that President Barack Obama became "the first president in modern history" never to reach in a single year.

New government data on Thursday morning show that Trump, too, has failed to reach the 3 percent promised land, according to one major metric. The Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis measured 2018 growth at 2.9 percent, matching the peak Obama enjoyed in 2015.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

^Except now we've dramatically increased the deficit instead of cut it, while simultaneously weakening social protections as well as increasing corporate welfare in the process.

As economists predicted. And history continues to prove.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:^Except now we've dramatically increased the deficit instead of cut it, while simultaneously weakening social protections as well as increasing corporate welfare in the process.

Deficit is no bigger than under Obama.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:^Except now we've dramatically increased the deficit instead of cut it, while simultaneously weakening social protections as well as increasing corporate welfare in the process.

Obama took a nation in a recession and decreased the deficit from 1.4T to 670B in 8 years. In that time, we increased environmental protections, implemented the ACA, and created financial safeguards.

Trump took a nation with a strong economy and increased the deficit from 670B to 1T in 3 years. In that time, we decreased environmental protections, weakened the ACA, and took away financial safeguards.

Conservatives = voodoo economics.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Obama took a nation in a recession and decreased the deficit from 1.4T to 670B in 8 years. In that time, we increased environmental protections, implemented the ACA, and created financial safeguards.

Trump took a nation with a strong economy and increased the deficit from 670B to 1T in 3 years. In that time, we decreased environmental protections, weakened the ACA, and took away financial safeguards.

You need to review your numbers, Tonto.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

What kindergarten study did you get that data from?

Completely off by any metric -

Unless you are referring to a specific sector and not the entire economy, in which case you need to specify that instead of implying ridiculously that the national debt was less than 1 trillion dollars in 2016... really dude - that’s quite a whopper

Liabilities from Medicare and Soc Sec alone blow those numbers away

If you are going to pretend to be a deficit hawk (we know you arent) then at least try to do it with data that doest actually reek out loud of bullsh1t

Come to think of it, post your source so it can be properly ridiculed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It could change but if the current estimates hold GDP growth for 2018 will be within the range of that associated with the economic expansion that began in 2009. See https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/trumps- ... -2018.html.

That is in the context of a situation in which many economist said there would be a "sugar high" associated with the late 2017 tax bill passing.

The idea has been that there would be some spurt in GDP associated with the tax bill passing then things would decline. Well, now that "spurt" did not even get us outside of the range of what happened during the Obama Administration.

At least that will be the case if the current estimates hold.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:It could change but if the current estimates hold GDP growth for 2018 will be within the range of that associated with the economic expansion that began in 2009. See https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/trumps- ... -2018.html.

That is in the context of a situation in which many economist said there would be a "sugar high" associated with the late 2017 tax bill passing.

The idea has been that there would be some spurt in GDP associated with the tax bill passing then things would decline. Well, now that "spurt" did not even get us outside of the range of what happened during the Obama Administration.

question: If trump is so stupid, how has he accomplished this?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

We're you saying the same thing about Obama in 2015? Or no?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

It's the same thing. If you stand back and honestly ask yourself if someone not familiar with who was President when would see anything to suggest that something happened in late 2016 to change things the answer is "no." That's IF the current estimate basically holds. So you look at something like the graph of annual GDP growth below. Someone looking at that without having a dog in any political fight would say something happened around 2008. Then things recovered and settled into the current pattern.

Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

HOW did Trump accomplish this if he’s so stupid?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Rate of Hispanic poverty in America has fallen to a record low 18.3% - and the overall rate of poor Americans has declined three years in a row, new Census data reveals
*Hispanics account for 18.3% of the population and 18.3% of them live in poverty
*The 1.1% year-on-year decrease in their rate poverty of in 2017 was also the largest single decline that the U.S. Hispanic population has ever experienced
*The rate of poverty among all Americans declined slightly in 2017 to 12.3%, the third year in a row that the numbers have gone down, Census data shows
*Hispanic households also saw their median household income increase 3.7% to $50,486 in 2017, the third year in a row that the population saw a rise in pay”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lined.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote:It's the same thing. If you stand back and honestly ask yourself if someone not familiar with who was President when would see anything to suggest that something happened in late 2016 to change things the answer is "no." That's IF the current estimate basically holds. So you look at something like the graph of annual GDP growth below. Someone looking at that without having a dog in any political fight would say something happened around 2008. Then things recovered and settled into the current pattern.

Trump's having to eat how many rate increases didn't hurt his GDP at all?

Remember how the stock market started to fall right after it was announced back in October that interest rate hikes would continue into 2019? It was at that point the market started to lose something like 5 Trillion.

Only recently when announced they would stop raising rates for a while, has the market rebounded.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Obama took a nation in a recession and decreased the deficit from 1.4T to 670B in 8 years. In that time, we increased environmental protections, implemented the ACA, and created financial safeguards.

You need to review your numbers, Tonto.
RACIST!!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!!

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:Rate of Hispanic poverty in America has fallen to a record low 18.3% - and the overall rate of poor Americans has declined three years in a row, new Census data reveals
*Hispanics account for 18.3% of the population and 18.3% of them live in poverty
*The 1.1% year-on-year decrease in their rate poverty of in 2017 was also the largest single decline that the U.S. Hispanic population has ever experienced
*The rate of poverty among all Americans declined slightly in 2017 to 12.3%, the third year in a row that the numbers have gone down, Census data shows
*Hispanic households also saw their median household income increase 3.7% to $50,486 in 2017, the third year in a row that the population saw a rise in pay”
Can you not see from the graph in that article that the rates they are talking about have been generally declining since round 2009 or 2010? I mean really. It's like the unemployment rate. It declines from around 10% to around 4% before Trump takes office then it goes to 3 point something percent under Trump and people try to act like Trump is the cause of the trend.

And BTW if you say the poverty rate has declined for three years in a row do you not realize that Trump has only been in office for two years?

I mean c'mon man.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:It could change but if the current estimates hold GDP growth for 2018 will be within the range of that associated with the economic expansion that began in 2009. See https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/trumps- ... -2018.html.

Accomplished what?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/its-o ... e_facebook

This just in...Trickle down falls to 12-24.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Accomplished what?

This magic of “maintaining Obama’s economic growth pattern” that JSO seems fixated on. Like it s fucking done in some kind of vacuum. Obama had QE2, QE3 and zero rate increases in his 8 years. Trump has had NINE rate increases and NO QE—-in fact he’s had the additional headwind of the Fed UNWINDING their balance sheet—the exact oppsite of QE. But hey, it’s all the same, right JSO?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Accomplished what?

This magic of “maintaining Obama’s economic growth pattern” that JSO seems fixated on. Like it s fucking done in some kind of vacuum. Obama had QE2, QE3 and zero rate increases in his 8 years. Trump has had NINE rate increases and NO QE—-in fact he’s had the additional headwind of the Fed UNWINDING their balance sheet—the exact oppsite of QE. But hey, it’s all the same, right JSO?
Trump has maintained growth in the face of QE by deregulating...

https://www.investors.com/politics/comm ... cord-rate/
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Trump has maintained growth in the face of QE by deregulating...

https://www.investors.com/politics/comm ... cord-rate/
And rightly so. Take the fucking economic handcuffs off...
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I know they teac new math in school, but even with that this does not add correctly, not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Rate of Hispanic poverty in America has fallen to a record low 18.3% - and the overall rate of poor Americans has declined three years in a row, new Census data reveals
Can you not see from the graph in that article that the rates they are talking about have been generally declining since round 2009 or 2010? I mean really. It's like the unemployment rate. It declines from around 10% to around 4% before Trump takes office then it goes to 3 point something percent under Trump and people try to act like Trump is the cause of the trend.

And BTW if you say the poverty rate has declined for three years in a row do you not realize that Trump has only been in office for two years?

I mean c'mon man.
It was 4.8% Jan 2017 when Trump took office.

And like AZ pointed out, under Trump have bettered the economic #s despite all the rate increases, and without the benefits of multiple QEs and no rate increases that Obama had.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.