Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by HI54UNI »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump cheered Kraft’s team to Super Bowl victory with founder of spa where he was busted
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 86429.html

Yang, who goes by Cindy, was not charged in the multi-agency anti-human trafficking operation last month that shut down 10 Asian day spas in Florida, none of which are registered to her or her family.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Can you not see from the graph in that article that the rates they are talking about have been generally declining since round 2009 or 2010? I mean really. It's like the unemployment rate. It declines from around 10% to around 4% before Trump takes office then it goes to 3 point something percent under Trump and people try to act like Trump is the cause of the trend.

And BTW if you say the poverty rate has declined for three years in a row do you not realize that Trump has only been in office for two years?

I mean c'mon man.
It was 4.8% Jan 2017 when Trump took office.

And like AZ pointed out, under Trump have bettered the economic #s despite all the rate increases, and without the benefits of multiple QEs and no rate increases that Obama had.
You guys are really, really reaching now. Obama took over when things were bad. Things changed direction while he was in office. Trump took over when things were relatively good. Things have continued in the same basic direction since he took office. That is the bottom line.

And, look, I voted against Obama both times and would vote against him again given the same choices. But the truth is the truth. The economy dramatically changed direction from negative to positive under Obama. That has not happened under Trump. Just objective reality.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: It was 4.8% Jan 2017 when Trump took office.

And like AZ pointed out, under Trump have bettered the economic #s despite all the rate increases, and without the benefits of multiple QEs and no rate increases that Obama had.
You guys are really, really reaching now. Obama took over when things were bad. Things changed direction while he was in office. Trump took over when things were relatively good. Things have continued in the same basic direction since he took office. That is the bottom line.

And, look, I voted against Obama both times and would vote against him again given the same choices. But the truth is the truth. The economy dramatically changed direction from negative to positive under Obama. That has not happened under Trump. Just objective reality.
To presume that ANY president would/could have stepped in and continued those trend lines in the face of 9 rate increases, the unwinding of the Fed’s $4.5T balance sheet, and the constant battle with the press and the FBI is fucking comical. He’s not just “continuing in the same direction”, John. He’s breaking economic records from 40, 50, 60 YEARS ago. Lowest unemployment in 45 years. Highest wage growth in 10 years. 78 records in the stock market in 2017 after two full YEARS of zero growth. Highest business confidence in 35 years. Lowest black/Hispanic/Asian unemployment EVER. Unemployment below 4% for a full YEAR, the longest streak in FIFTY years. Top oil producing country ON THE PLANET. And this is only a few...The list goes on and on.

This isn’t just fucking serendipity, John, as much as you’d like to believe/insist that it is. This isn’t simply a “continuation of Obama’s successes”...Obama had NOTHING but tailwinds during his 8 years helping him achieve his numbers. Trump has had NOTHING but headwinds, yet in spite of himself he’s managed to break a significant number of decades old records. They’re decades-old records for a reason: NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS!!!

You hate him. I get that. Hell, I’M not to fond of the guy. But even I, a person who did NOT vote for him, can admit that what he’s accomplished with this economy is nothing short of a miracle. And that’s not even mentioning all the other positive shit he’s accomplished.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

To presume that ANY president would/could have stepped in and continued those trend lines in the face of 9 rate increases, the unwinding of the Fed’s $4.5T balance sheet, and the constant battle with the press and the FBI is **** comical. He’s not just “continuing in the same direction”, John. He’s breaking economic records from 40, 50, 60 YEARS ago. Lowest unemployment in 45 years. Highest wage growth in 10 years. 78 records in the stock market in 2017 after two full YEARS of zero growth. Highest business confidence in 35 years. Lowest black/Hispanic/Asian unemployment EVER. Unemployment below 4% for a full YEAR, the longest streak in FIFTY years. Top oil producing country ON THE PLANET. And this is only a few...The list goes on and on.

This isn’t just **** serendipity, John, as much as you’d like to believe/insist that it is. This isn’t simply a “continuation of Obama’s successes”...Obama had NOTHING but tailwinds during his 8 years helping him achieve his numbers. Trump has had NOTHING but headwinds, yet in spite of himself he’s managed to break a significant number of decades old records. They’re decades-old records for a reason: NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS!!!

You hate him. I get that. Hell, I’M not to fond of the guy. But even I, a person who did NOT vote for him, can admit that what he’s accomplished with this economy is nothing short of a miracle. And that’s not even mentioning all the other positive **** he’s accomplished.
And after unleashing this barrage, AZGF turned his clocks forward and went to bed.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Trump cheered Kraft’s team to Super Bowl victory with founder of spa where he was busted

Yang, who goes by Cindy, was not charged in the multi-agency anti-human trafficking operation last month that shut down 10 Asian day spas in Florida, none of which are registered to her or her family.
Wait, so a msm narrative that jellybelly regurgitates has imploded?

Impossible.

:rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

To presume that ANY president would/could have stepped in and continued those trend lines in the face of 9 rate increases, the unwinding of the Fed’s $4.5T balance sheet, and the constant battle with the press and the FBI is fucking comical. He’s not just “continuing in the same direction”, John. He’s breaking economic records from 40, 50, 60 YEARS ago. Lowest unemployment in 45 years. Highest wage growth in 10 years. 78 records in the stock market in 2017 after two full YEARS of zero growth. Highest business confidence in 35 years. Lowest black/Hispanic/Asian unemployment EVER. Unemployment below 4% for a full YEAR, the longest streak in FIFTY years. Top oil producing country ON THE PLANET. And this is only a few...The list goes on and on.

This isn’t just fucking serendipity, John, as much as you’d like to believe/insist that it is. This isn’t simply a “continuation of Obama’s successes”...Obama had NOTHING but tailwinds during his 8 years helping him achieve his numbers. Trump has had NOTHING but headwinds, yet in spite of himself he’s managed to break a significant number of decades old records. They’re decades-old records for a reason: NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THIS!!!

You hate him. I get that. Hell, I’M not to fond of the guy. But even I, a person who did NOT vote for him, can admit that what he’s accomplished with this economy is nothing short of a miracle. And that’s not even mentioning all the other positive shit he’s accomplished.
JSO takes another beating on the "Orange Man Bad" economic front. Yikes.

:shock: :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

HI54UNI wrote:

Remember .... we need to do something about fake news because those flyover country ignorant hicks are too easily influenced by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Remember .... we need to do something about fake news because those flyover country ignorant hicks are too easily influenced by it

Speaking of narrative control, anyone catch the beatdown Tim Pool gave to Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde on Rogan's podcast last week? A total fucking massacre. :rofl: :clap: :notworthy:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Speaking of narrative control, anyone catch the beatdown Tim Pool gave to Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde on Rogan's podcast last week? A total **** massacre. :rofl: :clap: :notworthy:
Who are those people?

BTW I like that someone is basically named "Va-Jay-Jay"
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Speaking of narrative control, anyone catch the beatdown Tim Pool gave to Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde on Rogan's podcast last week? A total fucking massacre. :rofl: :clap: :notworthy:
Yes...and it was truly a beatdown and a rather important discussion.

Kudo’s to Twitter for being willing to come back on and face the music but I can’t believe they didn’t see that ambush coming. Poole is a cold blooded assasin.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

JSO takes another beating on the "Orange Man Bad" economic front. Yikes.

:shock: :lol:
He's like a crack addict though...he'll be back for more. Never learns, that one. :geek: :geek:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I've never heard ANYONE use the word "context" more often in my life. What a brutal beat Twitter took in this....thanks for the heads up! Tim Pool is a God. :nod: :nod:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Speaking of narrative control, anyone catch the beatdown Tim Pool gave to Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde on Rogan's podcast last week? A total fucking massacre. :rofl: :clap: :notworthy:
I've never heard ANYONE use the word "context" more often in my life. What a brutal beat Twitter took in this....thanks for the heads up! Tim Pool is a God. :nod: :nod:
Careful there AZ
Tim Pool agrees with about half of the things you think...

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Careful there AZ

That's fine. In THIS instance, he was a God. :lol: :lol:
p.s.: It's nice to know you know exactly what I think about everything. :suspicious: :suspicious:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Careful there AZ

That's fine. In THIS instance, he was a God. :lol: :lol:
p.s.: It's nice to know you know exactly what I think about everything. :suspicious: :suspicious:
:nod:

as you were...
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Speaking of narrative control, anyone catch the beatdown Tim Pool gave to Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde on Rogan's podcast last week? A total fucking massacre. :rofl: :clap: :notworthy:
Yes...and it was truly a beatdown and a rather important discussion.

Kudo’s to Twitter for being willing to come back on and face the music but I can’t believe they didn’t see that ambush coming. Poole is a cold blooded assasin.
Not really, Twitter use has started to decline so I see this more of a move of Twitter execs trying to right the ship. The real kudos goes to Rogan who completely flopped on his one-on-one podcast with Dorsey...Pool was on solo with Rogan a bit after the Dorsey podcast and pointed out how badly Rogan dropped the ball. I think those variables really got this interview to happen.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Speaking of narrative control, anyone catch the beatdown Tim Pool gave to Jack Dorsey and Vijaya Gadde on Rogan's podcast last week? A total **** massacre. :rofl: :clap: :notworthy:
Who are those people?

BTW I like that someone is basically named "Va-Jay-Jay"
Vijayja is the Goebbbels for Twitter.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

His budget proposal requests to do just that, cut entitlements that we pay for and use. Budget proposals are a good gauge of White House priorities so this was interesting to see. Thankfully it won't have a shot in hell. Dems aren't going to let that crap pass. :twocents:

Another campaign lie.
Sorta like " Read my lips, no new taxes."
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote: His budget proposal requests to do just that, cut entitlements that we pay for and use. Budget proposals are a good gauge of White House priorities so this was interesting to see. Thankfully it won't have a shot in hell. Dems aren't going to let that crap pass. :twocents:

Another campaign lie.
BUT THE ECONOMY
AND HER EMAILS
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Ibanez wrote: His budget proposal requests to do just that, cut entitlements that we pay for and use. Budget proposals are a good gauge of White House priorities so this was interesting to see. Thankfully it won't have a shot in hell. Dems aren't going to let that crap pass. :twocents:

Another campaign lie.
BUT THE ECONOMY
AND HER EMAILS
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :suspicious:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: BUT THE ECONOMY
AND HER EMAILS
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :suspicious:
What's so funny? The economy is the only thing that matters (PLUS HER EMAILS), right?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :suspicious:
What's so funny? The economy is the only thing that matters (PLUS HER EMAILS), right?
Kind of like people obsessing about Trump's tweets. :kisswink: :kisswink:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: What's so funny? The economy is the only thing that matters (PLUS HER EMAILS), right?
Yeah. Exactly like that. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

More grisly details emerging about the murder of that Sussex County woman whose mutilated body was dumped less than half a mile from my house. Latest rumor is that it was an MS-13 hit.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: What's so funny? The economy is the only thing that matters (PLUS HER EMAILS), right?
Yup. And AOC

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17