Do you believe Trump is really under IRS audit?

Political discussions

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Count me as a "no."
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Do you believe Trump is really under IRS audit?

Post by Col Hogan »

I didn’t see a selection for I DON’T CARE!!!
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Pee in the butt? :?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Who cares its nobodys business what is in Trumps tax returns. Its private information that you are not entitled to. Once again the Dems are playing you and creating a "New Russia"

There is no valid or justifiable reason to access the president’s 6103 material in Congress.

Wanna bet Trump jams this one in your ass again like he always does? There is nothing there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Who cares its nobodys business what is in Trumps tax returns. Its private information that you are not entitled to. Once again the Dems are playing you and creating a "New Russia"

There is no valid or justifiable reason to access the president’s 6103 material in Congress.

Wanna bet Trump jams this one in your ass again like he always does? There is nothing there.

Well, there's a reason but you don't care.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I mean, really.... who gives a fark?

At the end of the day this just ain’t on the radar. If the Dem house hasn’t whacked him already, what difference do his taxes make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Who cares its nobodys business what is in Trumps tax returns. Its private information that you are not entitled to. Once again the Dems are playing you and creating a "New Russia"

Well, there's a reason but you don't care.
Bullshit there is no reason other than political weaponization of private information.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

CID1990 wrote:I mean, really.... who gives a fark?

At the end of the day this just ain’t on the radar. If the Dem house hasn’t whacked him already, what difference do his taxes make?

Its just how the Dems lead their sheep around, there has to be something (carrot) when Trump breaks this off in their ass they will make up a new Russia to keep their sheep complicit with domestic terrorism.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Well, there's a reason but you don't care.
Bullshit there is no reason other than political weaponization of private information.
It's not about how much (or little ) they paid in taxes or to charity.

It's to see if there's a financial, conflict of interest. Like the Clinton Foundation accepting donations from all those ME countries. Would POTUS give preferential treatment to countries or is there leverage against them that could lead him/her to betray the country. :twocents: I'd like to know that. I don't care how much money they make or if they are charitable. I'd want to know if they could be blackmailed or make a decision that isn't in our best interest.

IF you want to blame someone for this "requirement" - it all stems back Nixon accepting a dog as a gift.

And then not paying about $400k in taxes.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

While I think he should release his taxes, I agree that the Democrats are screwing themselves. They've become the Republicans of 2008 when they only duty was deny Obama a second term.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

It's to see if there's a financial, conflict of interest. Like the Clinton Foundation accepting donations from all those ME countries. Would POTUS give preferential treatment to countries or is there leverage against them that could lead him/her to betray the country. :twocents: I'd like to know that. I don't care how much money they make or if they are charitable. I'd want to know if they could be blackmailed or make a decision that isn't in our best interest.

IF you want to blame someone for this "requirement" - it all stems back Nixon accepting a dog as a gift.

Either way you have no right to see it and the tax law is written very specifically just for that reason. Its none of your business and manufacturing straw men isnt going to change that.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: It's not about how much (or little ) they paid in taxes or to charity.

Either way you have no right to see it and the tax law is written very specifically just for that reason. Its none of your business and manufacturing straw men isnt going to change that.
Nobody is manufacturing anything. IF it were CLinton, you and the GOP would be asking for the taxes.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Do you believe Trump is really under IRS audit?

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Nobody is manufacturing anything. IF it were CLinton, you and the GOP would be asking for the taxes.
Yes they are manufacturing something just like the collusion and the Russia shit. Then when this tax shit passes they will make up some more shit. We have 6 more years of it

No I wouldn't, please feel free to go back and find anytime I have ever wanted to see their taxes. I wont wait.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

The thing is, don't we already know of what the potential conflicts of interest could be? In Trump's case, he runs a pretty public business - it's the point of his business to publicize what they are doing and where and with whom they are doing it. It's actually what his brand is. In the Clinton's case, again, we already knew who was contributing to the Clinton Foundation and we knew people were contributing for the hope of having political influence through the Clintons. We know all of this already and in neither case did we need to see the tax returns to get that information.

I'm kinda ambivalent about the tax returns as a result - I don't think we gain any new information of real value by seeing them, and conversely, what we do get are the salicious soundbites and the how much did they donate type of news. And if there is a negative, the more simple the tax return the better from a political standpoint, so we end up with only people who have clean tax returns (i.e. professional politicians) being the ones to run for office - why would anyone involved in anything else (say a business, or owning land or improved property, or significant investments) ever run for office? I think Trump is a crook when it comes to his business dealings, and I thought the Clinton's were brazenly running a pay for play deal with their Foundation, but I could tell all of that without ever seeing either's tax returns.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Who cares its nobodys business what is in Obama's birth certificate. Its private information that you are not entitled to. Once again the Reps are playing you and creating a "New Russia"
Throw Back Thursday FYP

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Yawn!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Well, I've been directly involved in a court case where the 5th Circuit looked at a statute that very clearly said one thing in English and ruled that it said something else so who knows. But at least according to what 6103 SAYS in English Treasury has to provide his tax returns. Here it is from https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/6103:
(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.
I'm not seeing anything that says the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means has to have a reason, good or otherwise, for making the request. I don't know exactly what furnishing it to them in closed executive session entails, but it has to be furnished.

That's what the law clearly says anyway. And why the hell are you such a fan of such an obviously corrupt individual? You know damn well why he won't provide his tax returns like every other Presidential candidate has for decades. He's hiding something. Or I should say some THINGS.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3748 ... ax-returns
Sixty-seven percent of voters said they think Trump should make his returns public, while 24 percent said he shouldn't.
Ah, but Republicans continue to show that they have thrown integrity out the window in order to rationalize supporting the atrocity that is Trump:
The poll found support for Trump releasing his tax returns across gender, education, age and racial groups.

However, voters were divided along party lines on the issue. Ninety-one percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents said that Trump should release his returns, while only 30 percent of Republicans said the same.
"Republican" has largely become a synonym of "slime ball." And it's happened very quickly in historical terms. Associated with Trump.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Nobody is manufacturing anything. IF it were CLinton, you and the GOP would be asking for the taxes.
Yes they are manufacturing something just like the collusion and the Russia ****.
I don't know what the legal standard for conspiracy is in such a case but, to me, there was collusion with Russians among members of the Trump campaign in plain sight that's been publicly reported and generally accepted as having happened. Yes, it's true that Mueller determined that there was not sufficient evidence to charge anybody with conspiracy with the Russian government in its implementation of certain election interference activities. But the idea that there was no collusion with Russians is laughable.
Could I ever be a star?

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

You got zero and you know it. Mueller got zero he knows it but you guys just wont stop so mive on to the next lie your side makes up.

You got 6 more years to deal with it, so oace your lies and Trumped up shit....... Its a marathon not a sprint.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:

While I think he should release his taxes, I agree that the Democrats are screwing themselves. They've become the Republicans of 2008 when they only duty was deny Obama a second term.
I thought they had all the conflicts of interest they needed already -

How is the discovery of new ones in his taxes going to move the needle at all? I’m assuming they think there is some golden key that will allow the House to impeach him without political consequence

It really is a tossup between how stupid each side thinks its followers are

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:You got zero and you know it. Mueller got zero he knows it but you guys just wont stop so mive on to the next lie your side makes up.

You got 6 more years to deal with it, so oace your lies and Trumped up ****....... Its a marathon not a sprint.

As time goes on the more I suspect that Mueller got a lot more than zero. But, regardless, if you think there is nothing to Trump's tax returns you should be at the front of the line saying it's fine to release his tax returns.

In fact, you should be pushing for complete sunlight. You should be pushing for a release of a completely unredacted Mueller report as well as the release of Trump's tax returns so everybody can see how Trump is a pure as the driven snow.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, what the hell does being under audit have to do with releasing his tax returns? How would him releasing them impact anything if he is indeed under audit? Would him releasing his tax returns somehow change IRS conclusions resulting from the audit? It's pretty obviously a bullshit excuse. It actually makes zero sense.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: While I think he should release his taxes, I agree that the Democrats are screwing themselves. They've become the Republicans of 2008 when they only duty was deny Obama a second term.

How is the discovery of new ones in his taxes going to move the needle at all? I’m assuming they think there is some golden key that will allow the House to impeach him without political consequence

Remember, Trump won that election by the skin of his teeth. He won Florida by 1.2 percentage points, Michigan by 0.2 percentage points, Pennsylvania by 0.7 percentage points, and Wisconsin by 0.8 percentage points. It wouldn't take much to flip things entirely. If there are things in those tax returns that reflect really negatively on him it could indeed make a difference.

There's a reason why he doesn't want to let people know what is in his tax returns. We don't know exactly what it is. But there is a reason. And it's not just because he wants his privacy.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Remember, Trump won that election by the skin of his teeth. He won Florida by 1.2 percentage points, Michigan by 0.2 percentage points, Pennsylvania by 0.7 percentage points, and Wisconsin by 0.8 percentage points. It wouldn't take much to flip things entirely. If there are things in those tax returns that reflect really negatively on him it could indeed make a difference.

There's a reason why he doesn't want to let people know what is in his tax returns. We don't know exactly what it is. But there is a reason. And it's not just because he wants his privacy.
Oh yeah

Because between grabbing pussies, generally sleazy real estate practices, 50 Tweet farts per day and all the other goofy things he has done since taking office...

boy the voodoo math in the guy's taxes are really going to be the nail in the coffin

I could care less whether he releases his taxes or not. I could have cared less about Mitt Romney's taxes as well. And I am pretty sure both of them had things in their tax returns that they do not want people to see. So what? Your premise is completely flawed. For every voter that might swing as a result of seeing Trump's business deals, another former Obama voter is going to vote for him in 2020... if for no other reason than the completely unhinged behavior of Democrats and people like you. And when that happens, you can rant and rave all you want and claim otherwise - but it will have been because of the collective behavior of the left over the first term, and that includes YOU.

You really need to step back and listen to yourself.