Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:MAGA

(with a pen and a phone)

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/31/ ... -decision/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or as Fox News would put it:

:lol:

And yes, and absolute crisis on the border. Saw a headline stating the most illegal immigrants detained in a single day happened this month.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:MAGA

(with a pen and a phone)

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/31/ ... -decision/

Or as Fox News would put it:

:lol:

And yes, and absolute crisis on the border. Saw a headline stating the most illegal immigrants detained in a single day happened this month.
It really is getting bad down there. They are being tagged and released with their promise to show up more than a year from now for court. The system is overwhelmed with people coming through our unsecured border.

The minute they get across they turn themselves in to CBP. Bad.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep. Lol at the clowns on here during the shutdown who were saying its not a crisis. It absolutely is.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 309462002/

Obama-era DHS chief Jeh Johnson says US has a ‘crisis’ at the southern border

....“By anyone's definition, by any measure, right now we have a crisis at our southern border,” he said on “Cavuto LIVE.” “According to the commissioner of [Customs and Border Protection], there were 4,000 apprehensions in one day alone this past week, and we're on pace for 100,000 apprehensions on our southern border this month.”...”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama- ... border.amp
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote:So his administration has tried to cut spending for Great Lakes Restoration 3 times. The last time was cutting $270 million of the then budgeted $300 million, but hey! He’s in Michigan and glad to announce he’s supporting funding for Great Lakes restoration! :lol:

After all...”they are beautiful and have record depth!”

:rofl:

Rally!!!!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... storation/
Record depth? Non of the great lakes are even in the top 30. Trump voters are low info voters. :ohno:

And what a dipshit. He is plying to the sheep like BDK that don't realize that Trumps latest budget cuts it by 90%. :ohno: :ohno: He's going to cut your budget then promise to reinstate it. Wow. What a benevolent POTUS. :roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:Yep. Lol at the clowns on here during the shutdown who were saying its not a crisis. It absolutely is.

....“By anyone's definition, by any measure, right now we have a crisis at our southern border,” he said on “Cavuto LIVE.” “According to the commissioner of [Customs and Border Protection], there were 4,000 apprehensions in one day alone this past week, and we're on pace for 100,000 apprehensions on our southern border this month.”...”
And cutting off foreign aid will only exacerbate the problem. Cutting off FBI support which hunts down MS-13 can only mean good things, right?

What's awesome is that last week DHS said they were continuing our support in the region by signing a regional compact with the goal of helping resolves the issues of all these migrants and the reason they're fleeing.

You've got Dickless Mulvaney asking why foreign aide in those countries hasn't fixed the problem. Reasonable question if you ignore that much of what they get was recently boosted 4 years ago and it might might just take a bit longer than 4 years to eradicate something like MS-13 and help a country essentially resurrect their
economies.

:ohno:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Yep. Lol at the clowns on here during the shutdown who were saying its not a crisis. It absolutely is.

And cutting off foreign aid will only exacerbate the problem. Cutting off FBI support which hunts down MS-13 can only mean good things, right?

What's awesome is that last week DHS said they were continuing our support in the region by signing a regional compact with the goal of helping resolves the issues of all these migrants and the reason they're fleeing.

You've got Dickless Mulvaney asking why foreign aide in those countries hasn't fixed the problem. Reasonable question if you ignore that much of what they get was recently boosted 4 years ago and it might might just take a bit longer than 4 years to eradicate something like MS-13 and help a country essentially resurrect their
economies.

Why reward countries (Mexico, Guatemala, El Sal, Honduras) with foreign aid that are flooding the US with illegals? While they can’t totally stop it, they could do far more. They should be told turn the flow way down, and you’ll get the foreign aid. The more tou turn it down, the more foreign aid. Carrot and stick.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

economies.

Why reward countries (Mexico, Guatemala, El Sal, Honduras) with foreign aid that are flooding the US with illegals? While they can’t totally stop it, they could do far more. They should be told turn the flow way down, and you’ll get the foreign aid. The more tou turn it down, the more foreign aid. Carrot and stick.
FMLN and ARENA/Unidad politicians actually run on having TPS extended for Salvadorans

Think about that - a main platform of both extreme political parties in El Salvador - is making sure Tia Maria can stay in DC on TPS (because Hurricane Mitch blew down some buildings there)

A large slice of their economy is based on remittances (remesas).. so why wouldn’t they? It is so pervasive that they dropped their own currency and adopted the US dollar so price fluctuations wouldn’t be an issue.

El Salvador is an un-fixable problem. Their entire culture is built around 1/3rd of their population living in the US.

And the elites in San Salvador are about 80% German or other Euro, and 20% Palestinian... they killed off most of the indigenos in the early 20th century and now their greatest allies in the US are the open borders left

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

economies.

That’s the wrong mindset. It’s also not like we just cut a check. As I mentioned, an important component of Foreign Aid to that region is LE support to fight MS13, and while it’s too early to tell the gang related homicide rates in one of those countries is declining.

At least that’s what those pink bastards on Fox News were saying.

There are legit concerns about foreign aid and its effectiveness and I don’t discount that.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Why reward countries (Mexico, Guatemala, El Sal, Honduras) with foreign aid that are flooding the US with illegals? While they can’t totally stop it, they could do far more. They should be told turn the flow way down, and you’ll get the foreign aid. The more tou turn it down, the more foreign aid. Carrot and stick.
FMLN and ARENA/Unidad politicians actually run on having TPS extended for Salvadorans

Think about that - a main platform of both extreme political parties in El Salvador - is making sure Tia Maria can stay in DC on TPS (because Hurricane Mitch blew down some buildings there)

A large slice of their economy is based on remittances (remesas).. so why wouldn’t they? It is so pervasive that they dropped their own currency and adopted the US dollar so price fluctuations wouldn’t be an issue.

El Salvador is an un-fixable problem. Their entire culture is built around 1/3rd of their population living in the US.

And the elites in San Salvador are about 80% German or other Euro, and 20% Palestinian... they killed off most of the indigenos in the early 20th century and now their greatest allies in the US are the open borders left

I always appreciate your perspective. There’s some good information here.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Why reward countries (Mexico, Guatemala, El Sal, Honduras) with foreign aid that are flooding the US with illegals? While they can’t totally stop it, they could do far more. They should be told turn the flow way down, and you’ll get the foreign aid. The more tou turn it down, the more foreign aid. Carrot and stick.
That’s the wrong mindset. It’s also not like we just cut a check. As I mentioned, an important component of Foreign Aid to that region is LE support to fight MS13, and while it’s too early to tell the gang related homicide rates in one of those countries is declining.

There are legit concerns about foreign aid and its effectiveness and I don’t discount that.

That aid money for LE support is largely ineffective. The few DEA agents and anti-gang Feds are more effective than the entire Salvadoran police, and they aren’t part of any aid package

Information sharing on criminals is largely automated already, and also already paid for

As with other countries, a lot of aid money winds up enriching the same people who are pushing out the dregs and encouraging them to go north

When reporting on the effectiveness of LE aid, we actually don’t have a metric to describe results. In other words, we talk in terms of how many police were “trained” at our sponsored facilities (expensive and nicer than any police facility I ever trained in) and not actual results, like reductions in gang related violence

I don’t think Trump should manipulate foreign aid by fiat, but I do agree that we should make the awarding of it dependent on good stewardship. Money is nothing if not a lever.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I missed this one because the shutdown was going on:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/busi ... venue.html
In the inaugural year of the tax cuts — with economic growth accelerating and the jobless rate falling to an 18-year low — federal revenues from corporate, payroll and personal income taxes actually fell.
That is not a surprise to me since all of the structured, serious analyses I read about at the time said that the Republicans were full of shit when they were saying the tax cuts they were proposing would be revenue neutral or even maybe positive. But it's worse than I was thinking. I was thinking in terms of what the INCREASE in revenue would be compared to the increase in revenue that would have been obtained under the existing tax law. As it turns out, there was actually a DECREASE in revenue.

This is the thing with Republicans of today: They don't have the courage to be honest about the effects of what they want to do.

They want to do tax cuts. And there are arguments for doing it. But then they want to tell people that they can have their cake and eat it too. They want to tell people they can cut taxes and that will actually result in the government getting MORE revenue so hard choices don't have to be made. It's a lie. And now they want to take some cake away.

Or something like health care. There is an argument for saying that government should not attempt to guarantee health care. But they don't have the guts to do that. Instead, they want to tell people they can make sure EVERYBODY gets health care through "free market solutions" when they really can't. Another lie.

The Republican Party as we know it needs to be eliminated so it can be replaced with an honest Conservative party.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ibanez wrote:

Basically the money is going into the politicians corrupt pockets in these countries, none of it is going to who needs it. So it has zero impact on the ones seeking asylum. This policy might encourage the leaders to keep people home,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:I missed this one because the shutdown was going on:

In the inaugural year of the tax cuts — with economic growth accelerating and the jobless rate falling to an 18-year low — federal revenues from corporate, payroll and personal income taxes actually fell.
That is not a surprise to me since all of the structured, serious analyses I read about at the time said that the Republicans were full of **** when they were saying the tax cuts they were proposing would be revenue neutral or even maybe positive. But it's worse than I was thinking. I was thinking in terms of what the INCREASE in revenue would be compared to the increase in revenue that would have been obtained under the existing tax law. As it turns out, there was actually a DECREASE in revenue.

This is the thing with Republicans of today: They don't have the courage to be honest about the effects of what they want to do.

They want to do tax cuts. And there are arguments for doing it. But then they want to tell people that they can have their cake and eat it too. They want to tell people they can cut taxes and that will actually result in the government getting MORE revenue so hard choices don't have to be made. It's a lie. And now they want to take some cake away.

Or something like health care. There is an argument for saying that government should not attempt to guarantee health care. But they don't have the guts to do that. Instead, they want to tell people they can make sure EVERYBODY gets health care through "free market solutions" when they really can't. Another lie.

The Republican Party as we know it needs to be eliminated so it can be replaced with an honest Conservative party.
What do you care, John? You’d never vote for an “honest Conservative party” anyway. Nick Sarwark will purge your sorry butt in the next few days.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:

economies.

Not our job to improve their economies.

Let MS13 get bigger and murder them at the border wall. Bullets are cheap

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official

Post by SDHornet »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: That’s the wrong mindset. It’s also not like we just cut a check. As I mentioned, an important component of Foreign Aid to that region is LE support to fight MS13, and while it’s too early to tell the gang related homicide rates in one of those countries is declining.

Basically the money is going into the politicians corrupt pockets in these countries, none of it is going to who needs it. So it has zero impact on the ones seeking asylum. This policy might encourage the leaders to keep people home,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My first thought as well. Not buying the "cutting funding will make it worse" argument.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:I missed this one because the shutdown was going on:

That is not a surprise to me since all of the structured, serious analyses I read about at the time said that the Republicans were full of shit when they were saying the tax cuts they were proposing would be revenue neutral or even maybe positive. But it's worse than I was thinking. I was thinking in terms of what the INCREASE in revenue would be compared to the increase in revenue that would have been obtained under the existing tax law. As it turns out, there was actually a DECREASE in revenue.

:rofl: :rofl:

You’re right. And the dems NEVER tell their constituents that they can have their cake and eat it too...

Good God, you’ve gone completely retarded.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

economies.

Not our job to improve their economies.

Yes but the problem is that due to their shitty economy and gang violence, they are coming here. And you don't want them here. So what do you do? You help them stay at home.

It's nuanced. I don't expect you to get it.

And I understand it's political and the politicians down there (as well as up here) are corrupt.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

So, Trump's prepared to shutter US auto plants?

Because closing the border with Mexico means 16% of parts would be unavailable and they'd have to shut down.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Not our job to improve their economies.

Yes but the problem is that due to their shitty economy and gang violence, they are coming here. And you don't want them here. So what do you do? You help them stay at home.

And I understand it's political and the politicians down there (as well as up here) are corrupt.
It's not nuanced its black and fucking white unless you are an asshole that is creating nuance about the whole situation because you dont want to fix the problem.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Not our job to improve their economies.

Improve their economy so their criminals will stay to rob their own people?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:So, Trump's prepared to shutter US auto plants?

Because closing the border with Mexico means 16% of parts would be unavailable and they'd have to shut down.
Good, its time they paid for us bailing them out

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yes but the problem is that due to their shitty economy and gang violence, they are coming here. And you don't want them here. So what do you do? You help them stay at home.

Yes that is what he means and its fucking retarded

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Yes but the problem is that due to their shitty economy and gang violence, they are coming here. And you don't want them here. So what do you do? You help them stay at home.

:lol: Improve their economy so less of them travel here for economic opportunities, en masse. It's an idea.

Or nuke them. I dunno .
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

89Hen wrote:

Yeah, there's NO connection between economic desperation and crime. :lol: