I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: President Trump's Cabinet

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Cluck U wrote:
Hey, I thought you allowed people to evolve their political ideas? :suspicious:
Got me! :lol:

Although it sounds like Sessions hasn't changed his views on weed much...

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/f ... ngtons-ma/
He's a good ol big government conk - get ready to be policed and have your house and car taken away for a quarter pound of weed
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's baffling how someone like Rand Paul could vote for him...
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Barely. 8-)
At least it's not SUNY-Ithaca, not sure how they got into the Ivy League. Guess they needed an even 8 and the Univ of Chicago was too far away.
Maybe it should be. It ain't like the Ivy League is covering themselves with glory these past few administrations.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
Cluck U wrote:
Hey, I thought you allowed people to evolve their political ideas? :suspicious:
Got me! :lol:

Although it sounds like Sessions hasn't changed his views on weed much...

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/f ... ngtons-ma/
This guy Sessions bears an uncanny resemblance to the banjo playing kid in Deliverance. :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:It's baffling how someone like Rand Paul could vote for him...
Rand Paul is in the wilderness (and I know how he feels)

If he voted no on every person who has statist qualities he'd never vote yes.... no matter who's in office
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:It's baffling how someone like Rand Paul could vote for him...
Rand Paul is in the wilderness (and I know how he feels)

If he voted no on every person who has statist qualities he'd never vote yes.... no matter who's in office
I think this might be very true.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote:Cabinet Scorecard

Secretaries
Confirmed
Sec.of DOHS: Ret. Gen. John Kelly- confirmed 88-11 on 1/20. No votes were donks Richard Blumenthal (CT), Cory Booker (NJ), Catherine Cortez Masto (NV), Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), Kamala Harris (CA), Martin Heinrich (NM), Jeff Merkley (OR), Tom Udall (NM), Chris Van Hollen (MD), Elizabeth Warren (MA), Ron Wyden (OR).
Sec Def: Ret Gen James Mattis. Confirmed 98-1 on 1/20. No vote was Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)
Sec. of Transportation: Elaine Chao. Confirmed 1/31 93-6. No votes were donks Cory Booker (NJ), Jeff Merkley, Bernie Sanders (VT), Chuck Schumer (NY), Elizabeth Warren (MA), Kristen Gillibrand (NY).
Sec. of State: ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson. Confirmed 56-43 on 2/1. Voting yes all 52 conks, 3 donk senators Joe Manchin (WV), Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Mark Warner (VA), and Independent Angus King (ME).
Sec. of Education: Betsy DeVos. Former Republican National Committeewoman for Michigan & chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party. Married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO Amway. Her brother, Erik Prince, a former U.S. Navy SEAL officer, is the founder of Blackwater USA (now Academi). Confirmed 2/7. No votes were all donks and conk senators Susan Collins (ME) & Lisa Murkowski (AK). VP Pence cast the tie breaking vote to confirm.
Attorney Gen: AL Sen. Jeff Sessions. Confirmed 2/8. All conks voted for. No votes were all donks except for Joe Manchin (WV).
Sec. of HHS: GA Rep. Tom Price. Confirmed 52-47 on 2/10, with all conks voting yes and all donks voting no.
Sec. of Treasury -Former partner at Goldman Sachs & hedge fund manager Steven Mnuchin. Confirmed on 2/13 53-47, with all conks voting yes, and all donks except for Manchin (WV) voting no.
Sec. of VA: VA Undersecretary David Shulkin, appointed in Obama admin. Confirmed 100-0 on 2/13.

Out of committee
Sec. of Commerce: Billionaire investor & former banker Wilbur Ross. Former democrat, appointed by Pres Clinton to the board of the U.S.-Russia Investment Fund. Out of committee 1/24.
Sec. of HUD: Dr. Ben Carson. Out of committee 1/24.
Sec. of Interior: Former Navy Seal Rep Ryan Zinke (MT. Out of committee 1/31.
Sec. of Energy -Gov. Rick Perry (TX). Out of committee 1/31.

Awaiting Committee Vote
Sec. of Agriculture Former GA Gov Sonny Perdue.

Withdrew from consideration:
Sec. of Labor: Carl's Jr. and Hardee's CEO Andrew Puzder.

Cabinet Level (requiring Senate confirmation)

Confirmed
CIA Director: Rep. Mike Pompeo (KS). Confirmed 66-32 on 1/23.
Ambassador to the United Nations: Gov Nikki Haley (SC). Confirmed 96-4 on 1/24. No votes were all donks Chris Coons (DE), Martin Heinrich (NM), Bernie Sanders (VT), Tom Udall (NM),
Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon, Former CEO of WWE. Confirmed 81-19 on 2/14, with all conks and 29 of 48 donks voting yes. Of course Gillibrand was one of the no votes.
Director Of OMB Rep Mick Mulvaney (SC). Confirmed 51-49 on 2/16, with all donnks voting no, and all conks except for McCain voting yes.

Awaiting committee votes
EPA: Former Attorney Gen of OK Scott Pruitt. Donks boycotting committee vote as of 2/1.
United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, lawyer from MD.

Cabinet Level (Not requiring Senate confirmation)
White House Chief Of Staff: RNC Chairman Reince Priebus

Resigned:
National Security Advisor: Ret Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/donald-tr ... -approved/
Bump. Since 2/9 update:
2/10 Rep Tom price confirmed Sec of HHS 52-47
2/13 Steven Mnuchin confirmed as Sec. of Treasury 53-47.
2/13 A Undersecretary David Shulkin confirmed as VA Sec 100-0. 13 votes on a Trump nominee, Kristen Gillibrand's only yes vote.
2/13 National Security Advisor Ret Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn resigned.
2/14 Linda McMahon confirmed to head the Small Business Administration 81-19.
2/15 Andrew Puzder withdrew from consideration for Sec Labor.
2/16 Rep Mick Mulvaney (SC). Confirmed 51-49 as Director Of OMB
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:

Secretaries
Confirmed
Sec.of DOHS: Ret. Gen. John Kelly- confirmed 88-11 on 1/20. No votes were donks Richard Blumenthal (CT), Cory Booker (NJ), Catherine Cortez Masto (NV), Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), Kamala Harris (CA), Martin Heinrich (NM), Jeff Merkley (OR), Tom Udall (NM), Chris Van Hollen (MD), Elizabeth Warren (MA), Ron Wyden (OR).
Sec Def: Ret Gen James Mattis. Confirmed 98-1 on 1/20. No vote was Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)
Sec. of Transportation: Elaine Chao. Confirmed 1/31 93-6. No votes were donks Cory Booker (NJ), Jeff Merkley, Bernie Sanders (VT), Chuck Schumer (NY), Elizabeth Warren (MA), Kristen Gillibrand (NY).
Sec. of State: ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson. Confirmed 56-43 on 2/1. Voting yes all 52 conks, 3 donk senators Joe Manchin (WV), Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Mark Warner (VA), and Independent Angus King (ME).
Sec. of Education: Betsy DeVos. Former Republican National Committeewoman for Michigan & chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party. Married to Dick DeVos, the former CEO Amway. Her brother, Erik Prince, a former U.S. Navy SEAL officer, is the founder of Blackwater USA (now Academi). Confirmed 2/7. No votes were all donks and conk senators Susan Collins (ME) & Lisa Murkowski (AK). VP Pence cast the tie breaking vote to confirm.
Attorney Gen: AL Sen. Jeff Sessions. Confirmed 2/8. All conks voted for. No votes were all donks except for Joe Manchin (WV).
Sec. of HHS: GA Rep. Tom Price. Confirmed 52-47 on 2/10, with all conks voting yes and all donks voting no.
Sec. of Treasury -Former partner at Goldman Sachs & hedge fund manager Steven Mnuchin. Confirmed on 2/13 53-47, with all conks voting yes, and all donks except for Manchin (WV) voting no.
Sec. of VA: VA Undersecretary David Shulkin, appointed in Obama admin. Confirmed 100-0 on 2/13.

Out of committee
Sec. of Commerce: Billionaire investor & former banker Wilbur Ross. Former democrat, appointed by Pres Clinton to the board of the U.S.-Russia Investment Fund. Out of committee 1/24.
Sec. of HUD: Dr. Ben Carson. Out of committee 1/24.
Sec. of Interior: Former Navy Seal Rep Ryan Zinke (MT. Out of committee 1/31.
Sec. of Energy -Gov. Rick Perry (TX). Out of committee 1/31.

Awaiting Committee Vote

Withdrew from consideration:
Sec. of Labor: Carl's Jr. and Hardee's CEO Andrew Puzder.

Confirmed
Ambassador to the United Nations: Gov Nikki Haley (SC). Confirmed 96-4 on 1/24. No votes were all donks Chris Coons (DE), Martin Heinrich (NM), Bernie Sanders (VT), Tom Udall (NM),
Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon, Former CEO of WWE. Confirmed 81-19 on 2/14, with all conks and 29 of 48 donks voting yes. Of course Gillibrand was one of the no votes.
Director Of OMB Rep Mick Mulvaney (SC). Confirmed 51-49 on 2/16, with all donnks voting no, and all conks except for McCain voting yes.

Awaiting committee votes
EPA: Former Attorney Gen of OK Scott Pruitt. Donks boycotting committee vote as of 2/1.

Resigned:
National Security Advisor: Ret Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn
Bump. Since 2/9 update:
2/10 Rep Tom price confirmed Sec of HHS 52-47
2/13 Steven Mnuchin confirmed as Sec. of Treasury 53-47.
2/13 A Undersecretary David Shulkin confirmed as VA Sec 100-0. 13 votes on a Trump nominee, Kristen Gillibrand's only yes vote.
2/13 National Security Advisor Ret Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn resigned.
2/14 Linda McMahon confirmed to head the Small Business Administration 81-19.
2/15 Andrew Puzder withdrew from consideration for Sec Labor.
2/16 Rep Mick Mulvaney (SC). Confirmed 51-49 as Director Of OMB
Scott Pruitt confirmed for EPA chief by 52-46 vote.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Secretaries
Confirmed

Attorney Gen: AL Sen. Jeff Sessions. Confirmed 53-47 on 2/8. All conks voted for. No votes were all donks except for Joe Manchin (WV).

Sec. of Commerce: Billionaire investor & former banker Wilbur Ross. Former democrat, appointed by Pres Clinton to the board of the U.S.-Russia Investment Fund. Confirmed 72-27 on 2/27, with with all conks (51 of 52 voting) and 21 donks voting yes: Bennet (CO), Brown (OH), Casey (PA), Coons (DE), Cortez Masto (NV), Donnelly (IN), Duckworth (IL), Feinstein (CA), Hassan (D-NH), Heitkamp (ND), Kaine (VA), King (ME) (King in an indy who caucuses with the donks),Klobuchar (MN), McCaskill (MO), Nelson (FL), Peters (MI), Schatz (HI), Shaheen (NH) Tester (MT), Udall (NM), Warner (VA).

Sec. of Interior: Former Navy Seal Rep Ryan Zinke (MT. Confirmed 68-31 on 3/1 with all conks (51 of 52 voting) and 17, donks voting yes: Bennet (CO), Brown (OH), Coons (DE), Cortez Masto (NV), Donnelly (IN), Heinrich (NM), Heitkamp (ND), Kaine (VA), King (ME), Manchin (WV), McCaskill (MO), Murphy (CT), Nelson (FL), Tester (MT), Udall (NM), Warner (VA), Wyden (OR).

Sec. of HUD: Dr. Ben Carson. Confirmed 58-41 on 3/2 with all conks (51 of 52 voting) and 7 donks voting yes: Brown (OH), Donnelly (IN), Heitkamp (ND), King (ME), Manchin (WV), Tester (MT), Warner (VA).

Sec. of Energy -Gov. Rick Perry (TX). Confirmed 62-37 on 3/2 with all conks (51 of 52 voting) and 11 donks voting yes: Carper (DE), Cortez Masto (NV), Donnelly (IN), Heitkamp (ND), King (ME), Manchin (WV), McCaskill (MO), Stabenow (MI), Tester (MT), Udall (NM), Warner (VA).

Awaiting Committee Vote

Sec. of Labor: Alexander Acosta, former Justice Department official and current dean of Florida International University College of Law, nominated by Trump on 2/16 Carl's Jr. and Hardee's CEO Andrew Puzder who withdrew on 2/15.

Confirmed

Director Of OMB Rep Mick Mulvaney (SC). Confirmed 51-49 on 2/16, with all donks voting no, and all conks except for McCain voting yes.

EPA: Former Attorney Gen of OK Scott Pruitt 52 to 47 on 2/17. with all conks (51 of 52 voting) yes and for the 3rd time all donks voting no except for Joe Manchin (WV).

Awaiting committee votes

National Security Advisor: Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster appointed by Trump on 2/20. Replaced Ret Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn who resigned on 2/13.
Bump. Since 2/16 update, 4 more cabinet secretaries have been confirmed, + Pruitt to head EPA.
-2/16: Alexander Acosta, former Justice Department official and current dean of Florida International University College of Law, nominated by Trump to be Sec of Labor, to replace nominee Andrew Puzder, Carl's Jr. and Hardee's CEO, who withdrew on 2/15.

-2/17: Former Attorney Gen of OK Scott Pruitt confirmed by the Senate on to head the EPA.

-2/20: Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster appointed by Trump as National Security Advisor to replaced Ret Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn who resigned on 2/13.

-2/27: Billionaire investor & former banker Wilbur Ross, a former democrat, appointed by Pres Clinton to the board of the U.S.-Russia Investment Fund, confirmed by the Senate to be Sec. of Commerce.

-3/1: Former Navy Seal Rep Ryan Zinke (MT) confirmed by the Senate to be Sec. of Interior.

-3/2: Dr. Ben Carson confirmed by the Senate to be Sec. of HUD.
----- Gov. Rick Perry (TX) confirmed by the Senate to be Sec. of Energy.

So as of 3/2, 13 of 15 secretaries confirmed, with the 2 left being Perdue for Sec of Ag, and Acosta to be Sec labor. 5 of 6 cabinet level confirmed, with the US trade rep remaining.

Of the 18 confirmation votes so far, Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) has only voted for 2 of Trumps nominees, VA Undersecretary David Shulkin (was a 100-0 vote) and for Haley for UN Ambassador (was a 96-4 vote). She was the lone vote against Mattis for Sec Def (a 98-1 vote).

On the other end of the donk spectrum, Joe Manchin (WV) has voted to for 14 of Trump's 18 confirmations so far, 3 times being the sole donk to vote with the conks.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Almost bored.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Economic populism!!! :lol:
The ubiquity of Goldman Sachs veterans across numerous presidencies throughout history, both Republican and Democratic, has been well documented. But Donald Trump sold himself as something different, an economic nationalist determined to rankle Wall Street. He even ran campaign ads savaging bankers like Goldman CEO Lloyd Blankfein for their role in a “global power structure.”

That populist smokescreen is long gone now.

Mnuchin and Donovan are just two of five Goldman expats in high-level positions on Trump’s team. Steve Bannon spent a limited time at Goldman Sachs, but White House assistant Dina Powell, who headed the bank’s philanthropic efforts, and National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, Goldman’s former president, had higher-ranking positions for a longer period. Jay Clayton, Trump’s nominee for the Securities and Exchange Commission, was a partner for Goldman’s main law firm, Sullivan and Cromwell.

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus reportedly blocked Donovan from Treasury initially, amid fears of an image problem with too many “Goldman guys.” But Donovan got the post anyway.

Other big banks are represented inside team Trump as well. Several expats of Mnuchin’s OneWest Bank, which repeatedly brutalized homeowners during the foreclosure crisis, have been rumored for key spots at the banking regulators.

The same day as Donovan, Trump announced the nomination of David Malpass as treasury undersecretary for international affairs. Malpass was the chief economist for Bear Stearns right before the investment bank imploded. He literally wrote an opinion piece called “Don’t Panic About Credit Markets” for the Wall Street Journal in August 2007, noting, “Housing and debt markets are not that big a part of the U.S. economy.”
:rofl:

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/15/don ... s-anymore/
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

This is one reason I didn't vote for the guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Goldman Sachs can now officially be said to be running our government
Previously it was said to make a sarcastic point
Now it's a true statement

:shock:

Swamp... meet swamp
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:Goldman Sachs can now officially be said to be running our government

Swamp... meet swamp
What's good for Goldman Sachs is good for the USA!

What's good for Bear Stearns....oh, wait.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Goldman Sachs can now officially be said to be running our government

Swamp... meet swamp

Well we know for certainty that Goldman Sachs
would never do something good for themselves that would simultaneously hurt America

And now that they're calling the shots we can all just relax
We're in great hands

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Chizzang wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:

Well we know for certainty that Goldman Sachs
would never do something good for themselves that would simultaneously hurt America

And now that they're calling the shots we can all just relax
We're in great, tiny hands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Chatter this morning about Pompeo considering leaving to run for the Kansas Senate seat.

I just herd this on CNN the 666!!!!!!!!!

mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Ibanez wrote:Chatter this morning about Pompeo considering leaving to run for the Kansas Senate seat.

I just herd this on CNN the 666!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't every conservative under the sun run for Kansas Senate seats?

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Nielsen resigns as Sec DHS.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nielse ... with-trump

CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan now acting Sec DOHS:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-ac ... er-officer
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:Nielsen resigns as Sec DHS.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nielse ... with-trump

CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan now acting Sec DOHS:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-ac ... er-officer
And the shitshow just continues...

Trump swings his small dick and sas he'll close the border...until reality sets in and he realizes that it's a bad idea. He caved like a pussy.

Just like he caved on the shutdown.

Just like he's backing out over his health care idea (wait until 2020..WAFJ)

Trump seems to become increasingly more erratic.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

And he just fired the head of the Secret Service
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

President Miller wants the purge at DHS to continue

Stephen Miller wants Trump to oust more senior leaders at Homeland Security
By Priscilla Alvarez, Jake Tapper and Abby Phillip, CNN

Updated 12:17 PM ET, Mon April 8, 2019

Washington (CNN)--White House senior adviser Stephen Miller wants to make sure that outgoing Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen is only the first of a string of senior officials headed out the door.

Trump administration officials say that Miller, who played key a role in Nielsen's ouster, also wants the President to dismiss the director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Lee Cissna, and the department's general counsel, John Mitnick.

A senior administration official also said that under the law, DHS Under Secretary of Management Claire Grady, the current acting deputy secretary, is next in line of succession to be acting secretary. That means there are questions as to whether she will need to be fired as well in order to make Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan the acting DHS secretary, as Trump tweeted Sunday night.

Miller's heightened influence within the West Wing has been aided by the President, who recently told aides in an Oval Office meeting that Miller was in charge of all immigration and border related issues in the White House, according to a person familiar with the meeting.
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:And he just fired the head of the Secret Service
Stephen Miller Goebbels is cleaning house.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I don't understand how a 33 year-old has so much power in this White House.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

∞∞∞ wrote:I don't understand how a 33 year-old has so much power in this White House.
The same way a 29 year old has so much power in the Democratic Party...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.