AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2019 NCAA Tourney

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
I don't know if it was THAT or some sort of ref brain short-circuit that forces them to call/not call things at critical times in favor of the higher-seeded team.

Exhibit A is Guy. That overturned out of bounds call SHOULD have been a reach-in call on Guy just a couple of frames before the "did the ball touch Tech's hand or not." In fact, it looked like a classic PI call on a DB: a hand across the back and another hand striking the ballhandler's arm. THEN came the dribble deflection that caused the replay check. Call the obvious foul there, no replay controversy, the correct team wins.

And this sort of thing is happening at all levels. The quality of officiating across the board from HS through the pros is CRAP, across all sports. It's disgusting....
Sorry Z. When you have Horney in your corner, you know you're in bad shape. :lol:
That’s ok. I have virtually ALL of the twitter verse in my corner too.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SuperHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:UVA—the luckiest team on the planet when it comes to missed calls and non-calls.
I don't know if it was THAT or some sort of ref brain short-circuit that forces them to call/not call things at critical times in favor of the higher-seeded team.

Exhibit A is Guy. That overturned out of bounds call SHOULD have been a reach-in call on Guy just a couple of frames before the "did the ball touch Tech's hand or not." In fact, it looked like a classic PI call on a DB: a hand across the back and another hand striking the ballhandler's arm. THEN came the dribble deflection that caused the replay check. Call the obvious foul there, no replay controversy, the correct team wins.

And this sort of thing is happening at all levels. The quality of officiating across the board from HS through the pros is CRAP, across all sports. It's disgusting....
OK, Mr. Conventional Wisdom. I’m sure if we had chick refs across the board, everything would be peachy.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Sorry Z. When you have Horney in your corner, you know you're in bad shape. :lol:
Only if you're reading TTU fans or UVA haters.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Only if you're reading TTU fans or UVA haters.
Reading people with no allegiance to either. It's overwhelmingly critical of the one-sided refereeing. :nod: :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Only if you're reading TTU fans or UVA haters.
Reading people with no allegiance to either. It's overwhelmingly critical of the one-sided refereeing. :nod: :nod:
Honestly, I've seen nothing other than people reacting to the one play with the Italian looking like a soccer player and crying about getting touched by Guy and the ball going off his hand last (people disputing the call don't even dispute it touched his hand last).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Honestly, I've seen nothing other than people reacting to the one play with the Italian looking like a soccer player and crying about getting touched by Guy and the ball going off his hand last (people disputing the call don't even dispute it touched his hand last).
I don't know how to embed a tweet, but the play where they called the same Italian guy for tripping when the Virginia guy CLEARLY tripped over his own player was even more egregious.

That being said, the refs didn't give Virginia 20 wide open looks from behind the arc. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Giving VA credit, they figured out something nobody in the tourney up to that point had been able to do...get guys open for 3's. :suspicious: :suspicious:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:I don't know how to embed a tweet, but the play where they called the same Italian guy for tripping when the Virginia guy CLEARLY tripped over his own player was even more egregious.
That would be a lot like the double dribble no-call against Auburn. Nobody saw it (other than the Italian, who can't be trusted) until after the game.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:I don't know how to embed a tweet, but the play where they called the same Italian guy for tripping when the Virginia guy CLEARLY tripped over his own player was even more egregious.
That would be a lot like the double dribble no-call against Auburn. Nobody saw it (other than the Italian, who can't be trusted) until after the game.
Everybody in the stadium saw it and even the Virginia bench (which it happened right in front of) hung their heads because they knew it was a turnover. There also was ref standing less than 5 feet away staring right at it. Trust me...it was more than obvious.

also, I was at the Auburn game and everybody in the stadium knew it was double dribble right when it happened. the place erupted at the no-call. :nod: :nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:Everybody in the stadium saw it and even the Virginia bench (which it happened right in front of) hung their heads because they knew it was a turnover. There also was ref standing less than 5 feet away staring right at it. Trust me...it was more than obvious.
So you're actually saying the fix was in? :suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Everybody in the stadium saw it and even the Virginia bench (which it happened right in front of) hung their heads because they knew it was a turnover. There also was ref standing less than 5 feet away staring right at it. Trust me...it was more than obvious.
So you're actually saying the fix was in? :suspicious:
No. I'm saying it was one of many obvious blown calls (almost all that went UVA's way in the last three games) that the entire stadium could see but somehow the ref standing 5 feet away couldn't see. Read into that what you will.... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

The media didn't see it, so nobody saw it scenario. One guy reporting on the game, said the media section was so far away from the court, that it was easier to watch it on a jumbotron.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:The media didn't see it, so nobody saw it scenario. One guy reporting on the game, said the media section was so far away from the court, that it was easier to watch it on a jumbotron.
I sat right behind the media and can confirm it was clearer on the jumbotron. But EVERYBODY in the stadium saw it. :nod: :nod: :nod: :ohno: :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: So you're actually saying the fix was in? :suspicious:
No. I'm saying it was one of many obvious blown calls (almost all that went UVA's way in the last three games) that the entire stadium could see but somehow the ref standing 5 feet away couldn't see. Read into that what you will.... :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I am reading into that. You are saying the fix was in.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote:
This
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Boo fvcking Boo HOO HOO

Any FCS fans should know - if you don’t want the zebras to decide the game then don’t let it be that close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I am reading into that. You are saying the fix was in.
You're saying that, not me. I'm saying there were a number of obvious calls the refs blatantly missed. As I said in my previous post, the refs didn't let VA get 20 wide open looks at 3-pointers. They had some pure shooters who were ON...if they'd (Tech) have played D like they did against Michigan, Gonzaga and Michigan State, the missed calls at the end would have been moot.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Come on already, if UD folks can let that whole "all-star" chain crew thing fade into the past them a few questionable calls in a basketball game can be forgotten too.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:Come on already, if UD folks can let that whole "all-star" chain crew thing fade into the past them a few questionable calls in a basketball game can be forgotten too.
I've let it go. VA won. Tech lost. Refs got paid.

it's all good. 8-) 8-)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:Refs got paid.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:Bison defeat NCCU, up next Duke.
That was a good game.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: That would be a lot like the double dribble no-call against Auburn. Nobody saw it (other than the Italian, who can't be trusted) until after the game.
This
Ppl on sports radio WFAN(NY) talked about that incident.