Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 43448
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
OMG! That muslin women was insensitive in her phrasing!!! Why can't she sound more like GWB!!!!!

Burn her!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWFnkNX9m2E

:lol:
9-11: some people did something

Let’s try this...

Slavery: some people had some unpaid servants

The Holocaust: some guy killed some Jews

Here’s a good one... “There were bad people on both sides.”

Let’s face it, klam - she pulls the same crap as Trump but you defend her. She minimized 9-11.... I don’t know why you would minimize people who take offense at that. I know you aren’t a choad, so why do you act like one?

Do you think criticism of what she said is inciting violence, or is the overreaction only on the part of the people who are criticizing what she said?
She's fair game, but so are the critiques. I defend her because it's not as if there's a shortage of muslim hatred in America.

I just get tired of the extremism from both sides. There was a call on social media to put a bullet in her head.
Fighting extremism with extremism only works if you're willing to kill them all. Otherwise, the moderates and concepts of liberalism are the best means of de-radicalizing islam. Being severely triggered or issuing threats because she didn't use the right verbage doesn't help.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18451
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
9-11: some people did something

Let’s try this...

Slavery: some people had some unpaid servants

The Holocaust: some guy killed some Jews

Here’s a good one... “There were bad people on both sides.”

Let’s face it, klam - she pulls the same crap as Trump but you defend her. She minimized 9-11.... I don’t know why you would minimize people who take offense at that. I know you aren’t a choad, so why do you act like one?

Do you think criticism of what she said is inciting violence, or is the overreaction only on the part of the people who are criticizing what she said?
She's fair game, but so are the critiques. I defend her because it's not as if there's a shortage of muslim hatred in America.

I just get tired of the extremism from both sides. There was a call on social media to put a bullet in her head.
Fighting extremism with extremism only works if you're willing to kill them all. Otherwise, the moderates and concepts of liberalism are the best means of de-radicalizing islam. Being severely triggered or issuing threats because she didn't use the right verbage doesn't help.

The problem is Islam, unlike every other religion in existence presently, has not reformed...
and they collectively (77%) see any reformation attempts as blasphemy

Islam continues to prove it is not compatible with the world today
as your hero Jordan Peterson says:
"Mohammed was a warlord and I just don't know what to do about that"

Conversely the bulk of Islamic Nations, Muslims flee from en mas
Because they are brutal dumpster fires and unrelentingly backwards

so we have this problem... and it's spreading
and this Islamic politician you defend does not hide her loyalties
yet simultaneously she would flee from an Islamic Nation

She is here but she is not with you kalm (make no mistake)

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: Speaking of context, GWB was standing on the rubble of 9/11 mere hours after it happened before we knew the full CONTEXT of the attacks. What's her excuse?

It's a shame Candace Owens isn't getting the same treatment as far as understanding the full context of their statements are concerned.
phpBB [video]

:coffee:
And then he went on to say "Islam is a religion of peace" and told us to all go shopping.

Candace Owens is weak sauce.
*Islam is a religion of peace* :rofl:

Speaking of "weak sauce".
The same is true of your feeble reply. Please try a little harder next time.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 23798
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:
She's fair game, but so are the critiques. I defend her because it's not as if there's a shortage of muslim hatred in America.

I just get tired of the extremism from both sides. There was a call on social media to put a bullet in her head.
Fighting extremism with extremism only works if you're willing to kill them all. Otherwise, the moderates and concepts of liberalism are the best means of de-radicalizing islam. Being severely triggered or issuing threats because she didn't use the right verbage doesn't help.

The problem is Islam, unlike every other religion in existence presently, has not reformed...
and they collectively (77%) see any reformation attempts as blasphemy

Islam continues to prove it is not compatible with the world today
as your hero Jordan Peterson says:
"Mohammed was a warlord and I just don't know what to do about that"

Conversely the bulk of Islamic Nations, Muslims flee from en mas
Because they are brutal dumpster fires and unrelentingly backwards

so we have this problem... and it's spreading
and this Islamic politician you defend does not hide her loyalties
yet simultaneously she would flee from an Islamic Nation

She is here but she is not with you kalm (make no mistake)

:nod:
It’s one humongous Fifth Column in the US
“I’m just dealing with reality.” — JohnStOnge 12/19/19

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 43448
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:
She's fair game, but so are the critiques. I defend her because it's not as if there's a shortage of muslim hatred in America.

I just get tired of the extremism from both sides. There was a call on social media to put a bullet in her head.
Fighting extremism with extremism only works if you're willing to kill them all. Otherwise, the moderates and concepts of liberalism are the best means of de-radicalizing islam. Being severely triggered or issuing threats because she didn't use the right verbage doesn't help.

The problem is Islam, unlike every other religion in existence presently, has not reformed...
and they collectively (77%) see any reformation attempts as blasphemy

Islam continues to prove it is not compatible with the world today
as your hero Jordan Peterson says:
"Mohammed was a warlord and I just don't know what to do about that"

Conversely the bulk of Islamic Nations, Muslims flee from en mas
Because they are brutal dumpster fires and unrelentingly backwards

so we have this problem... and it's spreading
and this Islamic politician you defend does not hide her loyalties
yet simultaneously she would flee from an Islamic Nation

She is here but she is not with you kalm (make no mistake)

:nod:
I agree with much of this but try and understand I’m not defending her position or words. Just pointing out the inanity of getting triggered by it or attitude that leads to putting a bullet in the head of a US congresswoman over words.
Image
Image
Image

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

The problem is Islam, unlike every other religion in existence presently, has not reformed...
and they collectively (77%) see any reformation attempts as blasphemy

Islam continues to prove it is not compatible with the world today
as your hero Jordan Peterson says:
"Mohammed was a warlord and I just don't know what to do about that"

Conversely the bulk of Islamic Nations, Muslims flee from en mas
Because they are brutal dumpster fires and unrelentingly backwards

so we have this problem... and it's spreading
and this Islamic politician you defend does not hide her loyalties
yet simultaneously she would flee from an Islamic Nation

She is here but she is not with you kalm (make no mistake)

:nod:
I agree with much of this but try and understand I’m not defending her position or words. Just pointing out the inanity of getting triggered by it or attitude that leads to putting a bullet in the head of a US congresswoman over words.
If that's the case, I can only image the sleepless nights you have worrying about Trump. :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 43448
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote:
kalm wrote:
I agree with much of this but try and understand I’m not defending her position or words. Just pointing out the inanity of getting triggered by it or attitude that leads to putting a bullet in the head of a US congresswoman over words.
If that's the case, I can only image the sleepless nights you have worrying about Trump. :lol:
Liberal haters are harmless pussies.

:coffee:

















:mrgreen:
Image
Image
Image

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote:
Baldy wrote: If that's the case, I can only image the sleepless nights you have worrying about Trump. :lol:
Liberal haters are harmless pussies.

:coffee:

















:mrgreen:
Sarcasm noted, but the only attacks on Congresscritters in recent times have been against Conks.

I find this faux outrage quite comical when you consider most of the incendiary language has come from the left side of the aisle. You don't have to go any further back than Eric Holder, Michelle Obama, Mad Maxine, Corey Booker, and The Hildabeast just as a start.

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 17838
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

Baldy wrote:
I find this faux outrage quite comical when you consider most of the incendiary language has come from the left side of the aisle. .
Dude, that may have been true at one time. But no way it's true with Trump on the scene as the leader of the Republican Party now. No way.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Baldy wrote:
I find this faux outrage quite comical when you consider most of the incendiary language has come from the left side of the aisle. .
Dude, that may have been true at one time. But no way it's true with Trump on the scene as the leader of the Republican Party now. No way.
"No, no, no," he said. "When they go low, we kick them. That's what this new Democratic Party is about."
--Eric Holder

"I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be, when people realize that this is a policy that they defend,"
--Nancy Pelosi

"Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd," Waters screamed. "And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere!"

"These members of [President Trump's] Cabinet who remain and try to defend him, they're not going to be able to go to a restaurant, they're not going to be able to stop at a gas station, they're not going to be able to shop at a department store, the people are going to turn on them," she said. "They're going to protest, they're going to absolutely harass them..."

--Maxine Waters

"get up in the face of some Congresspeople."

--Corey Booker

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,"

--The Hildabeast


That took like literally 5 minutes.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. :silly:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22268
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
9-11: some people did something

Let’s try this...

Slavery: some people had some unpaid servants

The Holocaust: some guy killed some Jews

Here’s a good one... “There were bad people on both sides.”

Let’s face it, klam - she pulls the same crap as Trump but you defend her. She minimized 9-11.... I don’t know why you would minimize people who take offense at that. I know you aren’t a choad, so why do you act like one?

Do you think criticism of what she said is inciting violence, or is the overreaction only on the part of the people who are criticizing what she said?
She's fair game, but so are the critiques. I defend her because it's not as if there's a shortage of muslim hatred in America.

I just get tired of the extremism from both sides. There was a call on social media to put a bullet in her head.
Fighting extremism with extremism only works if you're willing to kill them all. Otherwise, the moderates and concepts of liberalism are the best means of de-radicalizing islam. Being severely triggered or issuing threats because she didn't use the right verbage doesn't help.
It’s funny how you back away from this while throwing down straw men as fast as you can

What extremism exactly is on display from people like Dan Crenshaw who are criticizing Omar, klam?

A couple times now you’ve suggested people were acting like drama queens and now you’re resting on a social media post? Do you know how many of those Trump gets daily? (Oh my goodness! Someone actually threatened a Congresscritter on social media.... it’s Trumps fault!!!)

Criticizing people who minimize crimes of terrorism, genocide, and crimes against humanity is not extreme. And that is all her prominent critics have done.

All the tweets from 2020 Dem hopefuls are essentially saying that any public criticism of Omar is inciting violence and is rooted in Islamophobia. This is what you are defending.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22268
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

The problem is Islam, unlike every other religion in existence presently, has not reformed...
and they collectively (77%) see any reformation attempts as blasphemy

Islam continues to prove it is not compatible with the world today
as your hero Jordan Peterson says:
"Mohammed was a warlord and I just don't know what to do about that"

Conversely the bulk of Islamic Nations, Muslims flee from en mas
Because they are brutal dumpster fires and unrelentingly backwards

so we have this problem... and it's spreading
and this Islamic politician you defend does not hide her loyalties
yet simultaneously she would flee from an Islamic Nation

She is here but she is not with you kalm (make no mistake)

:nod:
I agree with much of this but try and understand I’m not defending her position or words. Just pointing out the inanity of getting triggered by it or attitude that leads to putting a bullet in the head of a US congresswoman over words.
This right here^^^^^

A textbook straw man argument.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Baldy
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7741
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Baldy »

Image

Image

:roll:

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 12389
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by SDHornet »

kalm really taking a beating the last few pages defending Omar. Ouch.

Oh and still waiting on the DNC to hold her accountable for her open antisemitism. I'm sure it'll happen some day. :roll:

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

Africa would be Wakanda if it weren't for all the infrastructure and technology da white devil colonialists brought. :roll:
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 22268
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:Africa would be Wakanda if it weren't for all the infrastructure and technology da white devil colonialists brought. :roll:
Colonialism...

West Africa can be a case study in poor governance for the next 200 years and it will still be colonialism’s fault.

In the same amount if time, Americans went from candlelight and fearing smallpox to landing a man on the moon and defeating polio (and smallpox)

Western Civ is the greatest thing to ever happen to the human race, The fact that we now squander and vilify it is why we dont deserve it and should all be devoured by hyenas


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18451
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Pwns wrote:Africa would be Wakanda if it weren't for all the infrastructure and technology da white devil colonialists brought. :roll:
Colonialism...

West Africa can be a case study in poor governance for the next 200 years and it will still be colonialism’s fault.

In the same amount if time, Americans went from candlelight and fearing smallpox to landing a man on the moon and defeating polio (and smallpox)

Western Civ is the greatest thing to ever happen to the human race, The fact that we now squander and vilify it is why we dont deserve it and should all be devoured by hyenas
Both of these ^ posts are SPOT ON
Show me the Great Islamic Nation that people aren't fleeing from
Show me the great black nation that isn't in a state of complete chaos or rampant dysfunction

Islam has nothing to offer the world today
Islam can't even be left alone with itself... Muslims murdering Muslims is common
were it any other religion or Nation it would be regarded in epidemic proportions

fundamental religion poisons everything
and it always has... only when a religion edits itself with extreme redaction and modification
can it be involved in society as a positive thing

There is no mystery why extracting religion from governance has been the true "revelation" of man


:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Colonialism...

West Africa can be a case study in poor governance for the next 200 years and it will still be colonialism’s fault.

In the same amount if time, Americans went from candlelight and fearing smallpox to landing a man on the moon and defeating polio (and smallpox)

Western Civ is the greatest thing to ever happen to the human race, The fact that we now squander and vilify it is why we dont deserve it and should all be devoured by hyenas
Both of these ^ posts are SPOT ON
Show me the Great Islamic Nation that people aren't fleeing from
Show me the great black nation that isn't in a state of complete chaos or rampant dysfunction

Islam has nothing to offer the world today
Islam can't even be left alone with itself... Muslims murdering Muslims is common
were it any other religion or Nation it would be regarded in epidemic proportions

fundamental religion poisons everything
and it always has... only when a religion edits itself with extreme redaction and modification
can it be involved in society as a positive thing

There is no mystery why extracting religion from governance has been the true "revelation" of man


:coffee:
And if we accept that you can't just bring western democracy to these countries with lots of foreign aid or UN resolutions or bombs and guns and coercion, does it not follow you can't set up communities of these people in places like London and "Little Mogadishu" and expect them to be thriving communities churning out doctors and engineers?

That seems to be a corollary that some on the left don't even think about.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 43448
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
She's fair game, but so are the critiques. I defend her because it's not as if there's a shortage of muslim hatred in America.

I just get tired of the extremism from both sides. There was a call on social media to put a bullet in her head.
Fighting extremism with extremism only works if you're willing to kill them all. Otherwise, the moderates and concepts of liberalism are the best means of de-radicalizing islam. Being severely triggered or issuing threats because she didn't use the right verbage doesn't help.
It’s funny how you back away from this while throwing down straw men as fast as you can

What extremism exactly is on display from people like Dan Crenshaw who are criticizing Omar, klam?

A couple times now you’ve suggested people were acting like drama queens and now you’re resting on a social media post? Do you know how many of those Trump gets daily? (Oh my goodness! Someone actually threatened a Congresscritter on social media.... it’s Trumps fault!!!)

Criticizing people who minimize crimes of terrorism, genocide, and crimes against humanity is not extreme. And that is all her prominent critics have done.

All the tweets from 2020 Dem hopefuls are essentially saying that any public criticism of Omar is inciting violence and is rooted in Islamophobia. This is what you are defending.
Yeah it was dumb for AOC to go after Crenshaw especially given his sacrifice.

And I’ll cop to to not explaining myself very well. The extremism and tribalism of simply verbal attacks is what I’m getting tired of and it comes from both sides. And yes there abundant drama queens ready to pounce from all directions.

Shit’s getting old
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 6261
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Pwns »

Why do people question Ilhan Omar's love of America? Must be racism, sexism, and Islamophobia. :lol:
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 18451
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Soon to be Eden Prairie...

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:Why do people question Ilhan Omar's love of America? Must be racism, sexism, and Islamophobia. :lol:
Meh,
there are a lot of different ways to love something that doesn't love you back
I've had people tell me I don't love America

My concern about her is she doesn't equate the republic with it's success
She sees everything as a history of exploitation, oddly enough, except Islam

:shock:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51972
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

Notre-Dame Cathedral is on fire.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Paris.html
Image

Brace yourselves for Quasimodo memes.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10329
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Such is the life of buildings, even the great ones.

Build a better Cathedral and move on.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 51972
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:Such is the life of buildings, even the great ones.

Build a better Cathedral and move on.
:roll: :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15993
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Such is the life of buildings, even the great ones.

Build a better Cathedral and move on.
:roll: :ohno:
I got to admit:
Image

Post Reply