Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I’m using the Middle French spelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be covfefeaux
Please. Don’t insult me by pretending to know more about made up words than I. Don’t be a smarty pants like Mark Facebook.
Don’t be a Donald White House.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

Progressives put beatdown on an immigrant in Germantown:

https://wjla.com/news/local/two-charged ... g-maga-hat

BTW- when I lived in Nigeria I noticed a groundswell of support for Donald Trump. They love the guy over there.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Feds will finally get the meager cost of living adjustment that Trump fought against but Democrats overruled him on. Of course, Trump then waited weeks to sign the EO to enact it, because he's a cold-hearted POS, so it'll almost be May by the time we receive the money, without interest or penalty. Try that on your taxes.

https://www.federaltimes.com/management ... paychecks/
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:Feds will finally get the meager cost of living adjustment that Trump fought against but Democrats overruled him on. Of course, Trump then waited weeks to sign the EO to enact it, because he's a cold-hearted POS, so it'll almost be May by the time we receive the money, without interest or penalty. Try that on your taxes.

Come on.....he's a #FakeBillionaire who is concerned for the common working Joe! He better thank the cult of Fox News because without it he would already be a footnote in U.S. political history.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:Feds will finally get the meager cost of living adjustment that Trump fought against but Democrats overruled him on. Of course, Trump then waited weeks to sign the EO to enact it, because he's a cold-hearted POS, so it'll almost be May by the time we receive the money, without interest or penalty. Try that on your taxes.

On a couple % pay raise 3+ months delayed that’s not much interest. Didn’t you say on the tax thread you’d rather have a big refund as opposed to not giving the govt an interest free loan because the interest wasn’t that much $$?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BDKJMU wrote:

On a couple % pay raise 3+ months delayed that’s not much interest. Didn’t you say on the tax thread you’d rather have a big refund as opposed to not giving the govt an interest free loan because the interest wasn’t that much $$?
Again, try delaying your taxes four months past your deadline plus any granted extensions. Let me know if the IRS waives interest and/or penalties.

Another example: as a federal civilian with prior military time, I can get creditable service toward my civilian retirement for my military time if I agree to make the retirement contributions I would have made as a civilian during those military years. The calculations are made AND interest is applied. The longer you wait to buy back the time, the more expensive it gets.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

mainejeff wrote:

Come on.....he's a #FakeBillionaire who is concerned for the common working Joe! He better thank the cult of Fox News because without it he would already be a footnote in U.S. political history.

Fox News has been the one correct, even the WaPo admitted it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

What does that have to do with your 2018 taxes? The shutdown started on 12/22. Hardly material. You’ve started bitching more than JSO, bro.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AZGrizFan wrote:

What does that have to do with your 2018 taxes? The shutdown started on 12/22. Hardly material. You’ve started bitching more than JSO, bro.
Bitching, yes. Rightfully so. We have a vengeful idiot in office, who's trying to destroy middle-class families like mine, while further enriching his billionaire friends. I'm surprised you'd want to silence people speaking out against him. Seems dangerous to stifle honesty. I'll keep bitching, thank you very much.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c ... ransgender
The very private Charlize Theron is opening up about her family life.

The Academy Award-winner revealed that her eldest child is transgender. According to the actress, Jackson, 7, was assigned male at birth but told Theron four years ago that she was actually a girl.

“Yes, I thought she was a boy, too,” the 43-year-old admitted to The Daily Mail. “Until she looked at me when she was three years old and said, ‘I am not a boy!'”
There you have it. My three year old told me he was a T-Rex, so we raised him as a dinosaur. :dunce:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
God’s getting rusty in his old age.

He used to take out whole parishes when he dropped these things.
My favorite are those grasping for symbolism in this, especially connecting it to "western decline."

Hell we've lost more grand structures to natural disasters, fire, neglect, obsoletion, and war than we've saved. A fire like this is pretty normal when it comes to the course of human history. If anything it's a miracle Notre Dame lasted this long without a major disaster. Image
Humans cant save history but they can change the atmosphere!

Even sounds logical!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I’m using the Middle French spelling.

That would be covfefeaux
Ha ha ha ha!

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff wrote:

More FDS on display here..... You scared?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c ... ransgender
The very private Charlize Theron is opening up about her family life.

The Academy Award-winner revealed that her eldest child is transgender. According to the actress, Jackson, 7, was assigned male at birth but told Theron four years ago that she was actually a girl.

“Yes, I thought she was a boy, too,” the 43-year-old admitted to The Daily Mail. “Until she looked at me when she was three years old and said, ‘I am not a boy!'”
There you have it. My three year old told me he was a T-Rex, so we raised him as a dinosaur. :dunce:
:lol:

We can debate the scientific legitimacy of gender identity but studies on rats have shown that these type of things increase with over-population so I think it’s safe to blame the EC(b)....and Catholics.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/c ... ransgender

We can debate the scientific legitimacy of gender identity but studies on rats have shown that these type of things increase with over-population so I think it’s safe to blame the EC(b)....and Catholics.
You'd think Catholics would be more concerned about pedophiles..?

Pedophiles = nothing to see here
Gender confusion = oh the horror
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

"Second Amendment 'sanctuary county' movement expands as organizers take aim at new gun laws

....Effingham County State’s Attorney Bryan Kibler last month told a raucous crowd the origin story behind the “Second Amendment sanctuary county” movement, which began in Effingham and now includes 64 of the state’s 102 counties, counties in three other states, and nine more states in which counties are eyeing similar nonbinding measures. And as state legislators, emboldened by Gov. J.B. Pritzker, look at more gun-control measures, counties are looking at more ways to resist them....."
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loc ... story.html

Good for the majority of Illinois (at least land mass wise). Heck, I figure Densedawg lives in one of those 64 IL counties..
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:"Second Amendment 'sanctuary county' movement expands as organizers take aim at new gun laws

....Effingham County State’s Attorney Bryan Kibler last month told a raucous crowd the origin story behind the “Second Amendment sanctuary county” movement, which began in Effingham and now includes 64 of the state’s 102 counties, counties in three other states, and nine more states in which counties are eyeing similar nonbinding measures. And as state legislators, emboldened by Gov. J.B. Pritzker, look at more gun-control measures, counties are looking at more ways to resist them....."
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loc ... story.html

Good for the majority of Illinois (at least land mass wise). Heck, I figure Densedawg lives in one of those 64 IL counties..
93 has been seen passing out handbills in Sussex County, DE.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:

You'd think Catholics would be more concerned about pedophiles..?

Pedophiles = nothing to see here
Gender confusion = oh the horror
Holy non-sequitur batman. :suspicious:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

BTW I guess 300+ dead Catholics attacked in a hate crime doesn't make the news here?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

89Hen wrote:BTW I guess 300+ dead Catholics attacked in a hate crime doesn't make the news here?
Well did it really happen if Social Media didn't report it?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:BTW I guess 300+ dead Catholics attacked in a hate crime doesn't make the news here?
were they the pedophile Catholics or a more obscure sect ..?

:geek:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
were they the pedophile Catholics or a more obscure sect ..?

:geek:
Worse. Sub-continental, SE Asian Catholics.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

css75 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

What on EARTH are you talking about? BTW, a number of surveys have shown that Fox News viewers are the most detached from reality. Here's an example of one:

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-w ... all-2012-5

Can't infer from that that watching Fox News CAUSES the detachment of reality. But still notable.

BTW, I'm proud to say that I listen to NPR more than anything else on radio. And I'd listen to it more if they didn't have stuff like "WAIT WAIT DON'T TELL ME" on it. If they'd stick to news and analysis all the time I'd listen to them just about every time I turn on the radio.

Anyway, there are a few people on Fox News that are credible. Chris Wallace. Brett Baier. But in general Fox News is a very unreliable source of information. It's a propaganda organ.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote:
What on EARTH are you talking about? BTW, a number of surveys have shown that Fox News viewers are the most detached from reality. Here's an example of one:

Can't infer from that that watching Fox News CAUSES the detachment of reality. But still notable.

BTW, I'm proud to say that I listen to NPR more than anything else on radio. And I'd listen to it more if they didn't have stuff like "WAIT WAIT DON'T TELL ME" on it. If they'd stick to news and analysis all the time I'd listen to them just about every time I turn on the radio.

Anyway, there are a few people on Fox News that are credible. Chris Wallace. Brett Baier. But in general Fox News is a very unreliable source of information. It's a propaganda organ.
No more so than CNN & MSNBC.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

No more so than CNN & MSNBC.
I think Fox News is, at this point, worse in terms of total BS and bias than CNN and MSNBC are. But I'll admit that it's debatable.

Here's the thing, though: Media entities such as the Washington Post, the New York times, the main NBC News, CBS News, ABC News, Politifact, Factcheck.org, Reuters, USA Today, NPR, etc., are CLEARLY superior in terms of minimizing bias and maximizing accuracy than something like Fox News is. And Trump's fans are calling THOSE instituations "fake news." No. They're not. It's just that Real News does not comport with Trump support, And we are dealing with a cult-like situation.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came