Seau 30 For 30

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Seau 30 For 30

Post by 93henfan »

Sad story. CTE is a bitch. The most haunting part was him basically transforming from a doting father into a child-abusing, alcoholic zombie at the end. Also, I had never paid attention to his rambling Chargers retirement speech. That was fucking bizarre. Somebody should have sent him straight to a neurologist then, but they let him come right back out of retirement. Doh! Dude was used badly.

I lived about 10 blocks north of him when I lived in Oceanside in the 90s. I heard a ton about him but never ran into him. Watching the documentary and all the shots of O'side and Carlsbad took me back to one of the most fun time periods in my life.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Seau 30 For 30

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:Sad story. CTE is a bitch. The most haunting part was him basically transforming from a doting father into a child-abusing, alcoholic zombie at the end. Also, I had never paid attention to his rambling Chargers retirement speech. That was fucking bizarre. Somebody should have sent him straight to a neurologist then, but they let him come right back out of retirement. Doh! Dude was used badly.

I lived about 10 blocks north of him when I lived in Oceanside in the 90s. I heard a ton about him but never ran into him. Watching the documentary and all the shots of O'side and Carlsbad took me back to one of the most fun time periods in my life.
Well yeah...you were on the west coast. Duh!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:Sad story. CTE is a bitch. The most haunting part was him basically transforming from a doting father into a child-abusing, alcoholic zombie at the end. Also, I had never paid attention to his rambling Chargers retirement speech. That was fucking bizarre. Somebody should have sent him straight to a neurologist then, but they let him come right back out of retirement. Doh! Dude was used badly.

And south of LA. That is the key part.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
kalm wrote:
10 blocks is usually the difference between Maseratis and Yugos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I know you were just going with the quick witty response, but at risk of going semi-JSO, there aren't many Maseratis in O'Side. As home of 1MARDIV, it's historically been a town of tattoo parlors, titty bars, used car lots and military surplus stores and frowned upon as the last stronghold of the hoi polloi in So Cal. Seau was trying to stay in his hood. Plus he lived on the strand. You'd be a fool to own a nice car, as your garage floods every time there's a swell over 10ft. You literally are one car lane from breakwater. They sandbag their garages whenever the waves really pick up. His little cliff dive in Carlsbad revealed he was driving a fairly nondescript Tahoe. Maserati's suck anyway. And you could sort of tell by the looks of his last girlfriend that he wasn't really pulling in Maserati pussy anymore. :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I know you were just going with the quick witty response, but at risk of going semi-JSO, there aren't many Maseratis in O'Side. As home of 1MARDIV, it's historically been a town of tattoo parlors, titty bars, used car lots and military surplus stores and frowned upon as the last stronghold of the hoi polloi in So Cal. Seau was trying to stay in his hood. Plus he lived on the strand. You'd be a fool to own a nice car, as your garage floods every time there's a swell over 10ft. You literally are one car lane from breakwater. They sandbag their garages whenever the waves really pick up. His little cliff dive in Carlsbad revealed he was driving a fairly nondescript Tahoe. Maserati's suck anyway. And you could sort of tell by the looks of his last girlfriend that he wasn't really pulling in Maserati pussy anymore. :lol:

tl/dr

who won..?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

tl/dr

who won..?
Man, eight lines of text is too much for you?

Anyway... me. I always win.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

tl/dr

who won..?
Man, eight lines of text is too much for you?

Anyway... me. I always win.
:lol:

Thank goodness, CID can be a handful
are you going to kick him while he's down or is this over..?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I don’t think much has changed in O’Side.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:
When was the last time you were there? If it was before 2000, it's changed a lot actually. I've been back three times since I lived there and it's amazing how much they've built. I still kick myself for not buying the condo I rented. The owners offered to sell it to me for $175K in 1999. Now it's worth $530K. https://www.zillow.com/homes/400-N-Myer ... 0655_zpid/
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
When was the last time you were there? If it was before 2000, it's changed a lot actually. I've been back three times since I lived there and it's amazing how much they've built. I still kick myself for not buying the condo I rented. The owners offered to sell it to me for $175K in 1999. Now it's worth $530K. https://www.zillow.com/homes/400-N-Myer ... 0655_zpid/
We'll I'll be dipped in Horse shit... I know right where that is
That's actually a nice area these days, it ain't Corona Del Mar but hey... it holds its own
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

tl/dr

who won..?
93 won because I didn’t read it either

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I use the JSO option on him from time to time as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I use the JSO option on him from time to time as well.

Good.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Is it

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, it HAS been a while and yes, that surprises me. Nice to see, actually.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Was in San Diego visiting wife's family in December of 2001. Sister-in-law worked at Seau's (his restaurant). It was actually a pretty good sports bar. Junior came in when we were there and took pictures with us, including holding my 11 month old son (SON). He was wearing a USC sweatshirt and hat. After the pics were developed, my SIL had him autograph them for us. No indication of any illness at the time. Was very giving of his time with us. Almost to the point where I thought he was going to sit down and eat at our table.