2019 NFL Draft Official Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: 2019 NFL Draft Official Thread

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:I hate to give them credit for anything, but the Skins may have gotten the better QB than the Giants by just staying put at 15.

Or they may have drafted RGIV. We shall see!

At any rate, the NFC East may soon be the youngest starting QB foursome in the league.
I hope both suck, but IMO the Skins made out FAR better than the Giants last night. I was a big Haskins fan this year where I was an RG3 doubter from the start. Hopefully none of them pan out.

I was looking at the Skins schedule and I can see them going 1-4 to start and then running off 5-6 in a row and then losing out. That would be very typical for them and make for fantastic sports talk radio around here. :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:I hate to give them credit for anything, but the Skins may have gotten the better QB than the Giants by just staying put at 15.

Or they may have drafted RGIV. We shall see!

At any rate, the NFC East may soon be the youngest starting QB foursome in the league.
I hope both suck, but IMO the Skins made out FAR better than the Giants last night. I was a big Haskins fan this year where I was an RG3 doubter from the start. Hopefully none of them pan out.

I was looking at the Skins schedule and I can see them going 1-4 to start and then running off 5-6 in a row and then losing out. That would be very typical for them and make for fantastic sports talk radio around here. :lol:
I'm no NFL scout, but just looking at the clips of the Giants QB draftee and reading his stats, I don't get it. At least Haskins had some success, even if OSU is perpetually overrated.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: I hope both suck, but IMO the Skins made out FAR better than the Giants last night. I was a big Haskins fan this year where I was an RG3 doubter from the start. Hopefully none of them pan out.

I'm no NFL scout, but just looking at the clips of the Giants QB draftee and reading his stats, I don't get it. At least Haskins had some success, even if OSU is perpetually overrated.
The highlight video of the Duke kid were all of him throwing balloon balls to wide open receivers behind the D.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:
The highlight video of the Duke kid were all of him throwing balloon balls to wide open receivers behind the D.
:nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:A 5’10” QB with the #1 pick :suspicious: :shock:
Accuracy and processing information quickly are more important qualities for an NFL QB than size and/or arm strength.

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson > Jamarcus Russel and Jeff George.
Don’t follow the NFL, but was watching some of the draft last night. Just saw that the Cardinals hired a 39 yr old HC who was fired as HC by his alma mater TX Tech after 6 seasons & a losing record, and wants to install a college offense that’s never been successfully run in the NFL before. Now just used the 1st pick to draft a 5’10” QB.

Am I missing something, or have they gone full retard in AZ?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:
Accuracy and processing information quickly are more important qualities for an NFL QB than size and/or arm strength.

Don’t follow the NFL, but was watching some of the draft last night. Just saw that the Cardinals hired a 39 yr old HC who was fired as HC by his alma mater TX Tech after 6 seasons & a losing record, and wants to install a college offense that’s never been successfully run in the NFL before. Now just used the 1st pick to draft a 5’10” QB.

Yeah, that was a weird hire. And yes, I'd be skeptical of the newly drafted QB as well.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Don’t follow the NFL, but was watching some of the draft last night. Just saw that the Cardinals hired a 39 yr old HC who was fired as HC by his alma mater TX Tech after 6 seasons & a losing record, and wants to install a college offense that’s never been successfully run in the NFL before. Now just used the 1st pick to draft a 5’10” QB.

Yeah, that was a weird hire. And yes, I'd be skeptical of the newly drafted QB as well.
Skepticism is healthy and it will interesting to see how much of the Air Raid he attempts. Air Raid offenses don’t necessarily need tall NFL prototypical QB’s. The spread creates adequate passing lanes. Gary Patterson’s D employs a 4-2-5 with a rover to combat it at TCU. AZ once showed a similar look with Dale Buchanan as a safety-LB hybrid who would move down into run support.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Double post.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Stephen A. Smith with epic rant today, ripping Dave Gettleman and Daniel Jones.

“Daniel Jones, who lost his final regular season game 51-7 to Wake Forest! Daniel Jones, who threw for 2 TDs and 9 picks in a single game against Virginia! And Dave Gettleman, the genius who fell in love with Jones after watching him play 3 series in the Senior Bowl!”

Actually, Duke lost to Wake 59-7, and Jones threw only 9 picks all year, but don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: 2019 NFL Draft Official Thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

dbackjon wrote:Big Drama in Arizona -what will the Cardinals do with the #1 pick?
They will make consecutive BUST picks at QB.

Maybe next year they can draft Trevor Lawrance and get it right by accident

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Skepticism is healthy and it will interesting to see how much of the Air Raid he attempts. Air Raid offenses don’t necessarily need tall NFL prototypical QB’s. The spread creates adequate passing lanes. Gary Patterson’s D employs a 4-2-5 with a rover to combat it at TCU. AZ once showed a similar look with Dale Buchanan as a safety-LB hybrid who would move down into run support.
Rover? In Patterson's 4-2-5 spoke defense the 5th db is essentially a weak side safety. Both sides of the defense can operate somewhat independently of each other and the strong and weak safety can become olbs when needed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Tonight Carolina will pick a QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Ivytalk wrote:Stephen A. Smith with epic rant today, ripping Dave Gettleman and Daniel Jones.

“Daniel Jones, who lost his final regular season game 51-7 to Wake Forest! Daniel Jones, who threw for 2 TDs and 9 picks in a single game against Virginia! And Dave Gettleman, the genius who fell in love with Jones after watching him play 3 series in the Senior Bowl!”

Actually, Duke lost to Wake 59-7, and Jones threw only 9 picks all year, but don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant.
Jones might end up being a pretty good QB...
He just needs to practice with the big boys for a year and he'll be about like Trubisky

:check:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Rover? In Patterson's 4-2-5 spoke defense the 5th db is essentially a weak side safety. Both sides of the defense can operate somewhat independently of each other and the strong and weak safety can become olbs when needed.

I’ll trust your knowledge on Patterson’s lingo and schemes. I’ve just seen it used as a base in other defenses where the 5th DB is between a safety and LB size wise and will sometimes move down to give a 4-3 on the look on the outside or stop runs up the middle as well.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Love the Drew Lock pick at #42 for the Broncos. Dude has a gun, and he has a year to learn under Flacco.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:

No, you are not missing anything.

Either this will be the biggest Genius move in the NFL, or the GM and Coach will be fired in two years or less
:thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

dbackjon wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Don’t follow the NFL, but was watching some of the draft last night. Just saw that the Cardinals hired a 39 yr old HC who was fired as HC by his alma mater TX Tech after 6 seasons & a losing record, and wants to install a college offense that’s never been successfully run in the NFL before. Now just used the 1st pick to draft a 5’10” QB.

Either this will be the biggest Genius move in the NFL, or the GM and Coach will be fired in two years or less
I think it's damned fascinating actually... and completely agree with Dback here

:nod:

and after all why not..?
you can't go any lower in the standings
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:Love the Drew Lock pick at #42 for the Broncos. Dude has a gun, and he has a year to learn under Flacco.
Damn, I didn’t even know Flacco wasn’t with the Ravens anymore until last night...
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

dbackjon wrote:

Keim and I will drink to that!!!

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Eagles pick Miles Sanders at #53. I guess you can never have too many mediocre running backs.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Keim and I will drink to that!!!

Just use Uber!
:thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Blue Hen goes in Round 2. Eagles are going to regret passing on the local product:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: I hope both suck, but IMO the Skins made out FAR better than the Giants last night. I was a big Haskins fan this year where I was an RG3 doubter from the start. Hopefully none of them pan out.

Kid was the 2nd RB taken though. Must be a weak year for RBs..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Notice how right before every pick they pan the cameras to the fans of that team, and as the pick is announced, most of the fans of each team have a have a “who the fuck is that?” look on their faces, but they start cheering anyway? I bet you could announce fake names/players and these idiots would all start cheering. I wouldn’t be cheering. I’d be looking up stats, draft analysis, & video..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

I’ll trust your knowledge on Patterson’s lingo and schemes. I’ve just seen it used as a base in other defenses where the 5th DB is between a safety and LB size wise and will sometimes move down to give a 4-3 on the look on the outside or stop runs up the middle as well.
You're half right, he does like to be able to bring a safety or two down to play like an LB depending on what the offense is showing. It just isn't limited to a specific DB/rover. Both of the Strong and/or Weak Safeties can come down and play LB. Against Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl both played in the box a lot and the defense was a 4-4 in a lot of ways. It's a very flexible defense that can play against spread/air raid or power without completely changing who they are. The best short primer on it that I've seen is called " Multiplicity But Simplicity: Why the 4-2-5 Defense" from his time at New Mexico. Brian Urlacher was recruited to play safety there.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm