2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: 2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

Post by dal4018 »

The NBA FAMILY HAS LOST TWO MEMBERS JOHN HAVLICEK&JOHN NEWMANN both were Small Forwards!!!!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

James Harden is a little bitch.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Blazers wrestle home court away from the Nuggets. Series tied 1-1 going back to Portland. :thumb:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Looks like Ganny is still celebrating the Sixers’ trouncing of Toronto last night.

Wake-up call for the Raptors. Black Canadians in 6. 8-)
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Sixers looked muy impressive last night. What happened to LeBronto?
Make Delaware Football Great Again
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Looks like Ganny is still celebrating the Sixers’ trouncing of Toronto last night.

It was a great night - still plenty of work to do. Game 4 is huge in this series for the Sixers, time to step on the neck and keep the Raptors down. Starting to really see the impact of that incredible starting 5 - things changed in the series once the Sixers starting extending the minutes of Simmons/Butler/Harris. You'll never get 40 minutes out of Embiid, but you don't need it if he plays that well in the limited minutes he does. Still a long way to go though.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

First 4OT game in the playoffs since 1953, Blazers outlast Denver, 140-137. Big story is the minutes played. Jokic logged 65 minutes, McCollum tallied 60. Teams meet again Sunday, 4pm PDT.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Embiid disappears for most of Game 4, but shows up in the last five minutes with a slew of missed free throws, a travel violation, a turnover, poor defense, and a critical missed three-footer in the lane. Dude just isn't built for a deep playoff run. Simmons was a joke as well. Not counting his uncontested layup with a second left, he was good for a whopping eight points. Only Butler and Redick did anything when it counted.

Sixers hand home court advantage back to Toronto. It was all right there for them, and they couldn't get it done.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Ivytalk wrote:Looks like Ganny is still celebrating the Sixers’ trouncing of Toronto last night.

:coffee:

I hate it when I’m right about pro sports, because I’m wrong so often.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:

:coffee:

I hate it when I’m right about pro sports, because I’m wrong so often.
Agreed, you picked the Nets to beat the Sixers in the last series. In this actual thread.
Ivytalk wrote:Nets in five.
It's a 3 game series now, with the Sixers having to win at least one in Toronto again. We'll see, it's going to be pretty close one way or the other. Sixers stunk in Game 1 and Game 4, gutted out a win in Game 2 and looked great in Game 3. The joy is watching whatever will happen actually happen. Enjoy the games.
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

The sad thing is the Sixers are the better team but The Process failed miserably yesterday - as both Embiid & Simmons had clunker games. Need to take one more north of the border now. Put up or shut up time. Oh yea, Ben Simmons, check your sanity card if you think he's worth a max deal.
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

bluehenbillk wrote:The sad thing is the Sixers are the better team but The Process failed miserably yesterday - as both Embiid & Simmons had clunker games. Need to take one more north of the border now. Put up or shut up time. Oh yea, Ben Simmons, check your sanity card if you think he's worth a max deal.
They shut up. What a curb-stomping.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
bluehenbillk wrote:The sad thing is the Sixers are the better team but The Process failed miserably yesterday - as both Embiid & Simmons had clunker games. Need to take one more north of the border now. Put up or shut up time. Oh yea, Ben Simmons, check your sanity card if you think he's worth a max deal.
They shut up. What a curb-stomping.
Can't get anymore brutal than that. Simmons had as many turnovers as shots attempted. It ain't over yet, it just feels like it is. Maybe they get to a Game 7 and hope something breaks their way. Brown may not be employed at the end of the week if they repeat last night's performance in Game 6.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Welp, the Bucks just dispatched a good Celtics team in 5 games. The Raptors series should be interesting.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote:Welp, the Bucks just dispatched a good Celtics team in 5 games. The Raptors series should be interesting.
Timberwolves thought Shabazz Muhammad was a better pick at #14, than Giannis Antetokounmpo, in the 2013 NBA Draft.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Welp, the Bucks just dispatched a good Celtics team in 5 games. The Raptors series should be interesting.
"Good"? One of the storylines all year have been how the Celtics really didn't mesh for most of the year and looked dysfunctional at times. It just wasn't in the cards for the Celtics this year and now they likely lose Kyrie and probably aren't in the market for AD. Big questions for the Celtics for the year ahead as to how they at least stay where they are and not regress further.

The top of the East is all in flux, will be interesting to see how it all falls out.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
"Good"? One of the storylines all year have been how the Celtics really didn't mesh for most of the year and looked dysfunctional at times. It just wasn't in the cards for the Celtics this year and now they likely lose Kyrie and probably aren't in the market for AD. Big questions for the Celtics for the year ahead as to how they at least stay where they are and not regress further.

The top of the East is all in flux, will be interesting to see how it all falls out.
Changing your tune there Ganny? :lol: :coffee:
GannonFan wrote:You do realize there's a chance the Warriors don't even make it out of the opening round, correct? And that Houston awaits them in the next round and Houston was probably a Chris Paul injury during the series away from beating GS? And yes, the Bucks could be beat by Boston in this round. And yes, the top seeds are Golden State, Denver (oh yeah, forgot, they're going to a game 7 right now in the opening round, they may not even get to the second round), Milwaukee and Toronto, and any of them can lose in the second round. The top 8 teams in the NBA are all pretty good.
You haven't gotten a single thing right yet. :rofl:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

GannonFan wrote:You do realize there's a chance the Warriors don't even make it out of the opening round, correct? And that Houston awaits them in the next round and Houston was probably a Chris Paul injury during the series away from beating GS? And yes, the Bucks could be beat by Boston in this round. And yes, the top seeds are Golden State, Denver (oh yeah, forgot, they're going to a game 7 right now in the opening round, they may not even get to the second round), Milwaukee and Toronto, and any of them can lose in the second round. The top 8 teams in the NBA are all pretty good.
I don't see a single prediction in anything you quoted. Did you misread something? Come on dude, you're reaching. The top 8 have been fun to watch, quality basketball. Although I am glad to know I have you watching basketball now.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Well, he IS the CS.com Mr. Know-it-all. :roll:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2018-19 NBA Basketball Thread

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Changing your tune there Ganny? Image :coffee:

I don't see a single prediction in anything you quoted. Did you misread something? Come on dude, you're reaching. The top 8 have been fun to watch, quality basketball. Although I am glad to know I have you watching basketball now.
He's just jealous because you've been arguing with BDK about Clemson and Alabama.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Changing your tune there Ganny? :lol: :coffee:

I can't possibly outreach you on this one. You keep saying the top teams could lose, but they don't. All of the results back my narrative and NONE back yours. :king:

And as far as "watch"... yeah, I check the scores on my phone so I can see how much more I know about the NBA than you who actually does watch. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Black Canadians in 7. :twocents:

:tiptoe:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Blazers tie up the series, going back to Denver for Game 7.

Shots are being fired across the bow.

https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/2019 ... -shin.html

Punk-ass move by Scott Hastings. Fuel for the fire. :lol: :thumb:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Ivytalk wrote:Black Canadians in 7. :twocents:

:tiptoe:
:lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I can't possibly outreach you on this one. You keep saying the top teams could lose, but they don't. All of the results back my narrative and NONE back yours. :king:

And as far as "watch"... yeah, I check the scores on my phone so I can see how much more I know about the NBA than you who actually does watch. :lol:
I was going to watch the NHL playoffs the other night. Couldn't find the station covering it so I did the next best thing - I flipped a coin over and over again to see who'd win - heads or tails. Believe you me, there is nothing more exciting in sports than a Game 7 coin flip.
Spoiler: show
Heads won, 4 flips to 3. Couldn't figure out how to have them shake hands after the series, but then I realized most teams shake hands after games anyway (for the most part, except in baseball because baseball people are weird sometimes) so I thought it wasn't really that big of a deal.