11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Don't you mean Buddhism..?

:geek:
Have you seen Burmese buddhists? They have a couple monks who make the Westboro Baptists look like Mr. Rogers

Very active in calling for persecution of the Rohingya due to their Muslim religion
My point is that Buddhism predates Christianity
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Have you seen Burmese buddhists? They have a couple monks who make the Westboro Baptists look like Mr. Rogers

Very active in calling for persecution of the Rohingya due to their Muslim religion
Christians act like their stories didn't all come from somewhere else (but they did)

A meteorite(s) striking North America during the last ice age, flash melting the glaciers and causing massive floods and biblical rains across the globe,literally did more to shape Earth.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote: See... it's hard to take anything you say seriously. We were having an adult discussion and you come in with Forced Birth and Talabama...

:ohno:

As opposed to Pro-Abortion? Most Pro-Choice supporters aren't Pro Abortion. They don't want abortions, would rather the conditions that lead to abortions be corrected as much as possible.

But you don't call anyone out that uses that slanted verbiage, which shows that you are biased yourself
Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

A meteorite(s) striking North America during the last ice age, flash melting the glaciers and causing massive floods and biblical rains across the globe,literally did more to shape Earth.
it's just about the last thing the big organized religions have left in the bag of tricks
"We shaped the world and created morality out of thin air"

Humans aren't any less fascinated with the universe or creation and what might be god
Yet the big churches actively connect the loss of organized faith with a decline in morality and more violence

The only problem is... The world is safer and less violent than any time in human history
The whole thing is a shell game - subvert the truth - distort reality - create fear
and brainwash your kids
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Real wrath of God type stuff!

Dogs and cats sleeping together!

Mass hysteria!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
Real wrath of God type stuff!

Dogs and cats sleeping together!

Mass hysteria!
Just don't cross the streams.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

As opposed to Pro-Abortion? Most Pro-Choice supporters aren't Pro Abortion. They don't want abortions, would rather the conditions that lead to abortions be corrected as much as possible.

But you don't call anyone out that uses that slanted verbiage, which shows that you are biased yourself

The terms I use are "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Those are the most accurate terms.

There are folks who do get confused and say personally they are pro-life but are pro-choice for others. That just means they are pro-choice. The fact that they say they personally would never have an abortion does not make them pro-life.
The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Multiple posters have used pro-abortion in this thread.

And pro-life is a misnomer as well, since the vast majority care little about them after they are born.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by dbackjon »

:thumb:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote: Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

And pro-life is a misnomer as well, since the vast majority care little about them after they are born.
:rofl: Could you be any more stereotypical in your response? What next, abortions in Starbucks if men got pregnant. Surely you're joking?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

dbackjon wrote:
89Hen wrote: Wha? Did I use "pro-abortion", or did somebody else here?

Most Dems, from people I have met over the years, also do not like abortion, but I think Pro-Choice is more correct.

I can see where you think a vast majority care little about babies after they are born. It appears that way from watching politicians and the main stream media. Government bureaucracy stands in the way of a lot people that want to take care of these infants, and even older children. We would have, but the rules were too strick. These children were to be treated above and beyond your current children, not as equals according to the government.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:
It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:The world is not as black and white as you want it to conveniently be or else everyone who supported the war in Iraq is pro choice. :roll:
It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I get that some people say they would never have an abortion, or never want their wife/friend to have an abortion, but if they are OK with others doing it, then they are pro-choice.
I'm going with:
Pro-Abortion Rights and Anti-Abortion Rights

:mrgreen:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Found one...
dbackjon wrote:the forced-birthers
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

I'm going with:

I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:

Black and white views are always more convenient.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: It has nothing to do with convenience, it's the truth. If you think it should be up to an individual to terminate a life, then you are pro-choice. If you do not think it should be up to an individual, that's because you believe the unborn baby is a person and you are therefore pro-life. If you'd like to change "pro-life" to pro-baby, pro-person, pro-whatever... that's fine, but it's only semantics.

That's fine. Doesn't make it any less true.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I'm going with:

I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
I like pro-life and pro-death.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 11 yr. old rape victim must carry and deliver baby...

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
89Hen wrote: I have no problem being labelled that, but in fairness, you should have to come up with two that match "pro" or "anti". I don't think I've ever heard somebody call a pro-choicer "anti-life".
I like pro-life and pro-death.
Absolutely...
I mean if we're talking Alabama for sure
Hell those good Christian folks were lynching negro's right up until 1981 (not 1881, nineteen eighty one)

Pro-Death indeed

:coffee:

in case you were wondering
every single person that voted to pass the Alabama abortion law was... wait for it... a white male
Last edited by Chizzang on Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I like pro-life and pro-death.
Absolutely...
I mean if we're talking Alabama for sure
Hell those good Christian folks were lynching negro's right up until 1981 (not 1881 nineteen eighty one)

Pro-Death indeed

Civilized states use the police departments instead of lynchings.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

Go Black Bears!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

mainejeff wrote:Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

I've been thru a few times, it's a nice drive, better than Georgia and the Atlanta traffic. Now the politicians, that's another story.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Gil Dobie wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Alabama should be converted in to a toxic dump. I've been through there once....and once was more than enough.

I've been thru a few times, it's a nice drive, better than Georgia and the Atlanta traffic. Now the politicians, that's another story.
There's nice people in Alabama

:geek:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
That's fine. Doesn't make it any less true.
Ok is clumsy loaded term.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:in case you were wondering
every single person that voted to pass the Alabama abortion law was... wait for it... a white male
Do you think the vote was more based on sex or party line? Every single person that voted to pass it was GOP. They don't have any women or minority members in Alabama.