Caucasian high schooler runs 9.98 100 meters

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Caucasian high schooler runs 9.98 100 meters

Post by JohnStOnge »

It was wind aided but still. This is very unusual. Like it or not there aren't many White guys that have ever been this fast.

phpBB [video]

I became aware of the story watching TV today. The story is he was a 400 meter guy. He had to ask the coach to let him try doing the 100 meters. The coach let him try it and the rest is history. Here's a story on him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/matthew-boling ... 56305.html
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Caucasian high schooler runs 9.98 100 meters

Post by AZGrizFan »

You’ll fit right in with all those other racist democrats.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

You'd run fast also if you were being chased by a half dozen Negroes.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Why does the color of a persons skin matter so much to some people?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:It was wind aided but still. This is very unusual. Like it or not there aren't many White guys that have ever been this fast.

phpBB [video]

I became aware of the story watching TV today. The story is he was a 400 meter guy. He had to ask the coach to let him try doing the 100 meters. The coach let him try it and the rest is history. Here's a story on him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/matthew-boling ... 56305.html
Wind privilege..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Holy shit, watching it a 2nd time it looks like he was last, or one of the last, out of the blocks. Imagine if he fixed that. :shock:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:Why does the color of a persons skin matter so much to some people?
Well in JSO’s defense, no white American sprinter had ever run a sub 10.0 100 meter since electric timing began in the early 1960s. According to wiki, since the advent of electronic timing, the 10 seconds barrier has been broken by 138 sprinters, including 55 Americans. Looks like only 3 white sprinters on the list, a Frenchman, a Turk, and an Italian.
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/10-second_barrier

The French guy has run a 9.92.
“...He became the first white male athlete to break the 10-second barrier in an officially timed 100 m event in 2010 and remained the only one to achieve the feat until joined by Ramil Guliyev....”
https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Christophe_Lemaitre
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:You’ll fit right in with all those other racist democrats.
Yep

Lots of white guys this fast, they just choose to run businesses, work go to college or tech school instead of playing sports.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Must have been one of Trump’s creditors, trying to tie down some assets.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

If they paced the field with a chicken leg tied to a rabbit, that honky would have finished fourth.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote:Why does the color of a persons skin matter so much to some people?
There are differences in distributions of performances between what we define as racial groups that cannot be explained by environmental factors. Sprint speed is one of them. BDKJMU already described the history. Also, this particular difference has been pretty much accepted by the scientific community. Here is one article on it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/ ... 4dd2662a2e

You can find many others. Now, the scientists involved are careful to say it's not "race" but is instead geographical ancestry. But as a practical matter it means you are going to continue to see a situation in which athletes recognizable as "Black" dominate the highest levels of the sprint events. I don't recall a male athlete recognizable as "White" winning the NCAA 100 meters title, for instance, in my lifetime. It'd be a hard thing to look up because they're not going to have "Race" next to the names of the winners in lists. But I sure as heck don't recall it ever happening. And I am 61 years old.

A White guy who might challenge for something like a NCAA 100 meter championship in the future is an extremely rare thing. This guy appears to be that extremely rare thing.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
There are differences in distributions of performances between what we define as racial groups that cannot be explained by environmental factors. Sprint speed is one of them. BDKJMU already described the history. Also, this particular difference has been pretty much accepted by the scientific community. Here is one article on it:

You can find many others. Now, the scientists involved are careful to say it's not "race" but is instead geographical ancestry. But as a practical matter it means you are going to continue to see a situation in which athletes recognizable as "Black" dominate the highest levels of the sprint events. I don't recall a male athlete recognizable as "White" winning the NCAA 100 meters title, for instance, in my lifetime. It'd be a hard thing to look up because they're not going to have "Race" next to the names of the winners in lists. But I sure as heck don't recall it ever happening. And I am 61 years old.

A White guy who might challenge for something like a NCAA 100 meter championship in the future is an extremely rare thing. This guy appears to be that extremely rare thing.
That’s a lot of word salad just to say white men can’t junp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

That’s a lot of word salad just to say white men can’t junp

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

CID1990 wrote:
That’s a lot of word salad just to say white men can’t junp.
Some can. Some can jump really high. But, on average, white men can't jump as high as black men can. And genetics is the reason for it. Everybody knows it. Yet there is resistance to accepting the concept.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:Image
Yeah what happened to Jimmy the Greek is the essence of the problem. It was obvious at the time that Blacks were more likely to be characterized by the attributes that allow achieving most positions on NFL rosters. He proposed a perfectly reasonable hypothesis. I don't think it was correct. But it was reasonable. He expressed no malice at all. And he got canned for it.

It relates to the thing where people who say they want an honest discussion of race really don't want an honest discussion of race. They want to tell everybody what to think then have everybody think it.
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Thank you Mr Trump.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
93henfan wrote:Image
Yeah what happened to Jimmy the Greek is the essence of the problem. It was obvious at the time that Blacks were more likely to be characterized by the attributes that allow achieving most positions on NFL rosters. He proposed a perfectly reasonable hypothesis. I don't think it was correct. But it was reasonable. He expressed no malice at all. And he got canned for it.

It relates to the thing where people who say they want an honest discussion of race really don't want an honest discussion of race. They want to tell everybody what to think then have everybody think it.
Well at least you recognize what people mean when they say we need a “national conversation”

Just think

If Hillary were President we’d be on our 5th or 6th “national conversation” by now

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

It only matters in the land of Apple Pie and Lynchings
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

dal4018 wrote:
It only matters in the land of Apple Pie and Lynchings
It's not really skin color. Differences in distributions of melanin concentrations are just one category of differences in various distributions of characteristics for what we call "races." And they are differences that are likely to be based in part on ancestry.

Sprint speed is readily measurable and can be linked to observable biological characteristics like skeletal structure and muscle fiber types. It doesn't matter so much in the grand scheme of things but it is obvious that there Blacks are, on average, better sprinters and also obvious that genetics is a factor.

There are other things that are more problematic for the culture; however. The US Educational status has been focused for decades now on educational "achievement gaps" between populations and those gaps cannot reasonably be explained by measurable differences in the environments to which different groups are exposed.

It matters because there is a cultural impulse to declare that something is wrong if proportions don't line up. For example: Let's say there is a profession that requires one to be in the top 10% of the population at math. Asians are only 5.8% of the population but about 22% of those who scored in the top 10% of the most recent National Association of Educational Progress 12th grade math test (2015) were Asian. Blacks are 13.4% of the population but only about 2% of those who scored in the top 10% of that test were Black. So if you're just being objective seeing a situation in which Asians are "over-represented" in fields requiring math skills while Blacks are "under-represented" makes perfect sense. Then if you dig into the data you find that the differences in scores can't be accounted for by environmental factors. So the reality of it is not necessarily an indication of discrimination just as the fact that Blacks overhwelmingly dominate in sprints is not necessarily an indication of discrimination.

That's why it matters. The cultural impluse to apply pressure to ensure that proportions of each group in various fields mirror their proportions in the population.
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

:ohno: David Duke wouldn't have said any different :ohno:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote::ohno: David Duke wouldn't have said any different :ohno:
I doubt that David Duke could do the math I did with the NAEP scores. Not that it's all that hard. I just doubt David Duke would know how to do what I did to get those estimates.

But the fact that it looks like you think there is something bad about just objectively interpreting the data illustrates the problem.
Could I ever be a star?

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

No link, sounds like bad data on face value.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

It's been known for a long time that speed is mostly immutable and you can't do much if all to train it. You either have the right type of muscle fibers or you don't.

When you know that speed is largely immutable and that ethnic west Africans are way over-represented in elite sprinters, you know there's just no other conclusion you can make. You don't even really need to know the genetic loci that affects sprinter speed.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2014 ... -not-born/
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote:No link, sounds like bad data on face value.
I didn't link this time because I've written multiple LONG posts discussing National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) data before. The link to the data tool I use is https://www.nationsreportcard.gov/ndecore/xplore/nde.

I think the NAEP data are gold because these are not "teach to the test" standardized tests. The subjects are selected through "scientific" probability sampling across the country. So you can legitimately make inferences about the larger populations.

If you want me to go through some of the stuff I've gone through on previous posts I can do that. But the other members of the boards may not want to go through it again.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: If you want me to go through some of the stuff I've gone through on previous posts I can do that. But the other members of the boards may not want to go through it again.
I’d rather have my fingernails pulled out one at a time. But do what you have to do.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.