Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Arguing that Trump’s economy is a continuation of Obama’s economy might actually be one of the only truly worthy debates of this presidency. There are legitimate data points supporting both sides of it - not just insignificant partisan pablum (like the Japanese using color coded charts to world leaders)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... 7dad421af3

Forbes is decidedly anti Trump, but outside of deregulation by executive fiat, Trump really hasn’t done much in terms of overt economic development.
Maybe not from your government shell, but from a businessman’s standpoint I beg to differ. Deregulation. Tax cuts. Pipeline. Industrial jobs.

If he’s so **** stupid and evil (as JSO claims), why has NO OTHER PRESIDENT reached these milestones he keeps breaking?

Lowest unemployment in 50+ years
Lowest African American unemployment in 50+ years
Lowest Hispanic Unemployment in 50+ years
4.5%+wage growth YOY
Longest sustained economic expansion EVER
Best stock market June in 81 years
Best NASDAQ June in 54 years
Highest business confidence reading EVER
US becomes worlds largest oil producer

I mean, the list goes on and on. And these aren’t 5, 10 or 15 year old records that are being shattered. Like records set before most of us were BORN. If it was so easy, Obama could have done it. Or Bush. Or Clinton. Or ANYBODY.
That’s not the point I’m making, AZ

This debate is one of the precious few during this administration that actually has merit in both sides of the argument. I’m undecided because of that.

Deregulation, which I already mentioned, is definitely a tick mark in Trump’s favor. But there are arguably other factors involved and it isn’t a stretch to say that the current economic boom began under Obama, and has been further enhanced by Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Who is to say that the polices Bush and Obama enacted aren’t responsible (even partially) for the current economy?

If you want to believe Obama generated great oil production, then you will need to be known as JSO II.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t know the facts...yet. I asked a question.

But I’m quite certain our economy is too complex for 1 person to manipulate.

Sure, a Presidents agenda, policies and orders can help create favorable conditions in which business and markets could thrive. But how IMMEDIATE are the effects felt? His immediate are the effects of previous generations policies? It’s a mix. Trumps presence has created a favorable environment. I’m not sure about his tax cuts and tariffs.

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Maybe not from your government shell, but from a businessman’s standpoint I beg to differ. Deregulation. Tax cuts. Pipeline. Industrial jobs.

If he’s so **** stupid and evil (as JSO claims), why has NO OTHER PRESIDENT reached these milestones he keeps breaking?

4.5%+wage growth YOY

I mean, the list goes on and on. And these aren’t 5, 10 or 15 year old records that are being shattered. Like records set before most of us were BORN. If it was so easy, Obama could have done it. Or Bush. Or Clinton. Or ANYBODY.

This debate is one of the precious few during this administration that actually has merit in both sides of the argument. I’m undecided because of that.

Deregulation, which I already mentioned, is definitely a tick mark in Trump’s favor. But there are arguably other factors involved and it isn’t a stretch to say that the current economic boom began under Obama, and has been further enhanced by Trump.

Careful. That sort of logic and common sense is not well received by some.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: The Official

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Dow has best June since 1938. 81 **** years. Another record blown out of the water.

Cue JSOTDS to tell us how it’s simply a continuation of Obama’s economy.
Arguing that Trump’s economy is a continuation of Obama’s economy might actually be one of the only truly worthy debates of this presidency. There are legitimate data points supporting both sides of it - not just insignificant partisan pablum (like the Japanese using color coded charts to world leaders)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... 7dad421af3

Forbes is decidedly anti Trump, but outside of deregulation by executive fiat, Trump really hasn’t done much in terms of overt economic development.

I would argue that blanket de-regulation was absolutely enough to explain most of the results

:nod:

However:
The really fun part is to see where all the money is going...
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

4.5%+wage growth YOY

Many categorical results are a continuation of the "rebound" that occurred during the Obama administration. But the last 2+ years have had much different headwinds that would have made the continuation unsustainable without certain actions. And one of the current headwinds (tariffs) is self induced.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Careful. That sort of logic and common sense is not well received by some.

Most “continuations” die out in a normal business cycle. To what, pray tell, do we attribute this particular one breaking so many long-standing records? And as Flaggy stated, in the face of Fed headwinds that Obama didn’t have to face?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Careful. That sort of logic and common sense is not well received by some.

Most “continuations” die out in a normal business cycle. To what, pray tell, do we attribute this particular one breaking so many long-standing records? And as Flaggy stated, in the face of Fed headwinds that Obama didn’t have to face?
I don't know. I was asking simple questions. We're "deep" into Trumps term so you do have to give his administration credit.

I haven't read enough/looked at enough data.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Fracking should get a lot of credit. It's the emergence of the US being a net producer of natural gas that has coincided with this extended run of prosperity. It's amazing how much smoother things go when you don't have a third-world cartel constantly in charge of disrupting the energy markets. And we're where we are in spite of Obama doing everything he could to cut off fracking before it got too big to cut off. Trump's positive is that he's certainly not getting in the way of domestic fuel production. I'm not saying it's everything, but it's a good chunk of the reason why we're in this extended phase of prosperity.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:Fracking should get a lot of credit. It's the emergence of the US being a net producer of natural gas that has coincided with this extended run of prosperity. It's amazing how much smoother things go when you don't have a third-world cartel constantly in charge of disrupting the energy markets. And we're where we are in spite of Obama doing everything he could to cut off fracking before it got too big to cut off. Trump's positive is that he's certainly not getting in the way of domestic fuel production. I'm not saying it's everything, but it's a good chunk of the reason why we're in this extended phase of prosperity.
Thanks Dubya!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Nope thats Obamas economy, its was so good it happened before he got in office...........and stuff

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote:Fracking should get a lot of credit. It's the emergence of the US being a net producer of natural gas that has coincided with this extended run of prosperity. It's amazing how much smoother things go when you don't have a third-world cartel constantly in charge of disrupting the energy markets. And we're where we are in spite of Obama doing everything he could to cut off fracking before it got too big to cut off. Trump's positive is that he's certainly not getting in the way of domestic fuel production. I'm not saying it's everything, but it's a good chunk of the reason why we're in this extended phase of prosperity.
Absolutely.

No matter how much JSO wants to boil it down to simple statistics, the economy is complicated and impacted by a yuge number of short and long-term factors - oil and gas production being bigly.

Can you make a legitimate argument that Trump has just continued the positive Obama economy? Yes.
Can you make an argument that it's a major accomplishment for Trump that the economy has maintained its positive trend despite the headwinds? Yes.
Can you say that some of the headwinds were self inflicted? Yes, tariffs being a prime example.

Whether by design or dumb-luck, the economy has continued to steam ahead under Trump.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
Absolutely.

No matter how much JSO wants to boil it down to simple statistics, the economy is complicated and impacted by a yuge number of short and long-term factors - oil and gas production being bigly.

Can you make a legitimate argument that Trump has just continued the positive Obama economy? Yes.
Can you make an argument that it's a major accomplishment for Trump that the economy has maintained its positive trend despite the headwinds? Yes.
Can you say that some of the headwinds were self inflicted? Yes, tariffs being a prime example.

Whether by design or dumb-luck, the economy has continued to steam ahead under Trump.
Well said, 88! :thumb:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
Absolutely.

You centrist bastard. Image

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Absolutely.

You centrist bastard. Image

That's wishy washy centrist bastard dammit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: You centrist bastard. Image

That's wishy washy centrist bastard dammit.

I got a funny feeling...
whoever the first person is to flip the Regulations back on is in for a yuge surprise

:lol:

as the system gears grind slowly in reverse
the sound will literally be audible on the moon
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
UNI88 wrote:That's wishy washy centrist bastard dammit.

I got a funny feeling...
whoever the first person is to flip the Regulations back on is in for a yuge surprise

:lol:

as the system gears grind slowly in reverse
the sound will literally be audible on the moon
You're right about that -

I don't think there's any amount of stealth that will get things re-regulated without serious electoral consequences
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

What an embarrassment this guy is. Today it was the "liberal democracies" thing. But the idea that this guy is "making America great again" is absurd. First of all, America was already great. But the effect this guy is having is diminishing America. Yes, we are still great. But we are less great than we were before this guy got elected. The fact that this guy got elected makes the US population look like a bunch of complete idiots.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

It's hot out so here's some bikinis to counter JSO's TDS.

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Well done HI5. :notworthy:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Is anyone going to watch Trumps 4th of July Salute to America Spectacular 2019 'MERICA! ?

I can't wait for him to look at his WW2 era, "brand new" Sherman tanks. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote:Is anyone going to watch Trumps 4th of July Salute to America Spectacular 2019 'MERICA! ?

Maybe he’ll display some vintage T-34s from his good friend Vlad.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Is anyone going to watch Trumps 4th of July Salute to America Spectacular 2019 'MERICA! ?

Maybe he’ll display some vintage T-34s from his good friend Vlad.
:lol: I hear he's got some gas-cooled machine guns being loaned out by a WW1 museum.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Maybe he’ll display some vintage T-34s from his good friend Vlad.
:lol: I hear he's got some gas-cooled machine guns being loaned out by a WW1 museum.
Complete idiot. And we have like 45% of our population supporting him. It's bad.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

So how was the Red Square military parade and partisan campaign speech?

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:So how was the Red Square military parade and partisan campaign speech?

I think it's fair to say most who live in the DC area avoid DC on the 4th.