JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

93henfan wrote:[
And not to make excuses for Trump, but it's clear there that he has no **** clue what a "rampart" is.
I must admit that I didn't know what it was either until I decided to look it up today. I always thought it was kind of an earthen wall. Kind of a levee looking thing. Now I see that's not what it is.

But I don't think I'd say something about ramming the ramparts.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Absolutely.

No matter how much JSO wants to boil it down to simple statistics, the economy is complicated and impacted by a yuge number of short and long-term factors - oil and gas production being bigly.

Can you make a legitimate argument that Trump has just continued the positive Obama economy? Yes.
Can you make an argument that it's a major accomplishment for Trump that the economy has maintained its positive trend despite the headwinds? Yes.
Can you say that some of the headwinds were self inflicted? Yes, tariffs being a prime example.

Whether by design or dumb-luck, the economy has continued to steam ahead under Trump.
The statistics tell us what the bottom line is. The situation. Cause and effect leading to the situation is a different question. I have for years taken the position that it's a mistake to vote based on the economy because it's a very complex situation with a multitude of factors. I've argued that one can't say there's a direct cause and effect between who is President and what the economy is doing.

My position is not to try to argue cause and effect. It is simply to counter the argument that the economy is good because of Trump. It was good before Trump. Before one can even speculate about cause and effect one has to be able to show something "significant" happened. And nothing "significant" has happened. Again: If someone woke up from a Rip Van Winkle nap and looked at graphs showing trends in all the economic indicators people look at over the past 10 or 20 years they would not see anything to indicate a significant change in the way the economy was going around the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017. They'd see that something significant happened around 2008 and 2009 and that the economy has been in recovery since then.

I'm not the one arguing cause and effect. The people who are claiming there was some kind of turnaround or change caused by Trump are doing that.
And again, NO ONE here is arguing there was a turnaround. We’ve acknowledged numerous times it’s a continuation. You keep wanting to have that straw man argument when literally no one here is saying that.

What you fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge is that Trump has improved on virtually ALL of Obama’s numbers despite 9 rate increases by the Fed (Obama faced ZERO increases), despite the Fed unwinding their $4T balance sheet (as opposed to Obama enjoying precisely the opposite in QE2 and QE3), and that he’s taken economic numbers to places not seen in decades. Breaking 50, 60, 70, 80 year old records. Setting ALL TIME HIGHS in a number of indices.

Just say it John...admit it. You won’t explode. You won’t go to hell. I mean Christ, for me it’s the only thing that makes Trump tolerable.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote: What you fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge is that Trump has improved on virtually ALL of Obama’s numbers despite 9 rate increases by the Fed (Obama faced ZERO increases), despite the Fed unwinding their $4T balance sheet (as opposed to Obama enjoying precisely the opposite in QE2 and QE3), and that he’s taken economic numbers to places not seen in decades. Breaking 50, 60, 70, 80 year old records. Setting ALL TIME HIGHS in a number of indices.

Just say it John...admit it. You won’t explode. You won’t go to hell. I mean Christ, for me it’s the only thing that makes Trump tolerable.
Absolutely... ^ this
a continuation of a growing economy but with some added perks

1) rolling back regulations and flat our removing many
2) expanding corporate tax breaks

That right there ^ is enough

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:How are our brand new Sherman tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if they did have some Sherman tanks there or not..

I love the early models - they had cast hulls instead of rolled armor, and the motor was Pratt & Whitney radial airplane engine

Just climbing in one of those things was an act of heroism

:shock:

that doesn't sound like a good pairing
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: What you fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge is that Trump has improved on virtually ALL of Obama’s numbers despite 9 rate increases by the Fed (Obama faced ZERO increases), despite the Fed unwinding their $4T balance sheet (as opposed to Obama enjoying precisely the opposite in QE2 and QE3), and that he’s taken economic numbers to places not seen in decades. Breaking 50, 60, 70, 80 year old records. Setting ALL TIME HIGHS in a number of indices.

Absolutely... ^ this

Those two things have always led to sustained middle class growth and deficit reduction in the past...

:coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Absolutely... ^ this

Those two things have always led to sustained middle class growth and deficit reduction in the past...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ed18e7388e

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 816053002/

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ed18e7388e

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 816053002/

You might want read your own articles a little closer and then search similar articles in 1986 and 2006.

:lol: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
You might want read your own articles a little closer and then search similar articles in 1986 and 2006.

I read ‘em. It ain’t perfect and we have along way to go, but Middle class growing. Wages growing. If the expectation is that the wealth gap will magically shrink, then I’ve got some oceanfront property in AZ I’ll sell you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

I read ‘em. It ain’t perfect and we have along way to go, but Middle class growing. Wages growing. If the expectation is that the wealth gap will magically shrink, then I’ve got some oceanfront property in AZ I’ll sell you.
I never mentioned the wealth gap. I said sustained middle class growth and deficit reduction. Keep cutting taxes on corporations and the wealthy and the deficit will magically shrink with the increased revenues. It will happen this time for sure!

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I wonder if they did have some Sherman tanks there or not..

I love the early models - they had cast hulls instead of rolled armor, and the motor was Pratt & Whitney radial airplane engine

Just climbing in one of those things was an act of heroism

Most of our early tanks used them. I think the Shermans all had them until the M4A2

The engine was lightweight, and pretty much the beat we had when the early tanks were being designed in the 1920s-1930s.

But an air cooled motor in a tank just isnt the first choice I’d make

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I never mentioned the wealth gap. I said sustained middle class growth and deficit reduction. Keep cutting taxes on corporations and the wealthy and the deficit will magically shrink with the increased revenues. It will happen this time for sure!

I’m aware the links were related to the middle class growth and didn’t address the deficit. I’m not thrilled about that either....wish we could quit throwing money down the “war” gopher holes...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

I’m aware the links were related to the middle class growth and didn’t address the deficit. I’m not thrilled about that either....wish we could quit throwing money down the “war” gopher holes...
..maybe that will decrease as the big boys and administration officials get serious about monetizing brown children? I'm not optimistic but you never know about the unintended consequences. Right now they're worth in the neighborhood of a quarter million per kid per year, if you can hang on to them for that long. Keep costs down on stuff like toothpaste and soap, cut in a couple of cabinet officials, and you're looking at some nice returns for the investors... :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Most of our early tanks used them. I think the Shermans all had them until the M4A2

The engine was lightweight, and pretty much the beat we had when the early tanks were being designed in the 1920s-1930s.

They almost had to be exposed from the rear? :?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Open grate in the top behind the turret.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
..maybe that will decrease as the big boys and administration officials get serious about monetizing brown children? I'm not optimistic but you never know about the unintended consequences. Right now they're worth in the neighborhood of a quarter million per kid per year, if you can hang on to them for that long. Keep costs down on stuff like toothpaste and soap, cut in a couple of cabinet officials, and you're looking at some nice returns for the investors... :thumb:
So what you’re saying is that if the Dems stop encouraging illegals to storm the border, we’ll go back to killing ragheads instead?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

so how do we feel about a white man telling brown/black people to go back to where they came from?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:so how do we feel about a white man telling brown/black people to go back to where they came from?
I'm fine with it when they're systematically attempting to destroy America and turn it into the shitholes they ran from.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:so how do we feel about a white man telling brown/black people to go back to where they came from?
I'm fine with it when they're systematically attempting to destroy America and turn it into the shitholes they ran from.
weren't they born here..?

:suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Omar?

And "they" is a generic term. Their parents?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Omar?

They - the 4 women he tweeted and told to go home...

:geek:

"In an act of political stupidity that is simply jaw-dropping, Trump manages to focus in on the least-legitimate lines of criticism, that these women supposedly come from some other country and that they are “loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.” They’re all elected members of Congress. Love them or hate them, they all legitimately won House races in heavily Democratic congressional districts. Each one has the same one vote out of 435 that every other member has..."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Omar?

"In an act of political stupidity that is simply jaw-dropping, Trump manages to focus in on the least-legitimate lines of criticism, that these women supposedly come from some other country and that they are “loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run.” They’re all elected members of Congress. Love them or hate them, they all legitimately won House races in heavily Democratic congressional districts. Each one has the same one vote out of 435 that every other member has..."
All he had to do was STFU and watch them implode from within....
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
All but 1 were born here
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Trump can't help but to step on his own toes. WHat a stupid fuck
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Open grate in the top behind the turret.
Great place for one of these:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Stupid thing to say/tweet...

...and still waiting for a legit explanation as to how the tweets are racist. Just sayin'.