Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Trump did not win this one. Lack of minority enthusiasm was a factor in him squeaking by to a win in 2016. He does NOT...or should not...want to risk increasing minority enthusiasm for voting. He's risking that with his behavior. But it's a long way before the election so it can die down if he doesn't keep doing it for too long.
Wrong. Even the donks in DC are admitting Trump is winning this. His poll #s are UP after the back and forth between him and the hate America quartet. Even if it wasn’t planned this way, it appears a brilliant move. :nod:
https://washingtontimes.com/news/2019/j ... liant-mov/
His poll numbers are not up. I follow that sort of thing constantly and watched for any indication of an impact. I'd say if there is an impact it's perceptible beyond what could be random variation. But to the extent that there has been a change he is more underwater in the RCP average of polls now than he was on the day before he did the tweet on the woman. He did the tweet on July 14. On July 13 is Approval-Disapproval number in the RCP polling average was -7.5. As of today it's -9.2. It did go on tick downward during about 3 days to a week after the tweet to as low as -6.6. But the next day it ticked back up to 7.1. Again, all of this is within the range one would expect from random variation.

I am aware that there are Democrats could think it's some big strategy on his part to make the 4 women the face of the Democrat party and that such a strategy could work. I don't think it started as a strategy on his part. I think he was just tweeting out of his rectum as usual then after the fact someone thought of that angle so he latched onto it. I also think the idea that it will work in his favor is very questionable because his chances in the next election depend in large part of having non Whites turn out at a relatively low rate in historical terms.

Trump is not a brilliant strategist. He is an idiot who happened along under some very unique circumstances and found himself winning the office. If he'd have been running against Obama he'd have been blown out worse than McCain and Romney were. This thing of thinking he's some "three dimensional chess" player brilliantly playing things is seriously over-estimating the guy.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Speaking of that race thing Trump stepped in it again with that thing about Elijah Cummings' district. This morning I learned that he appeared to have been inspired by a Black female commentator who was on Fox News while being presented as a Republican Strategist. She took some video of some of the worst parts of Baltimore and made statements including one that Cummings' district is the "most dangerous" district in the United States.

Of course that is false by any reasonable standard. I took a quick look at violent crime and homicide rates of metropolitan statistical areas and Baltimore is not the most dangerous MSA by any reasonable standard. Plus the district includes a lot of area that isn't Baltimore. It's median household income is above average among Congressional districts (169 of 436). It's got some very reputable institutions in it. Johns Hopkins is in it.

He did two things: 1) Made a fool of himself again and 2) antagonized non Whites again.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:Speaking of that race thing Trump stepped in it again with that thing about Elijah Cummings' district. This morning I learned that he appeared to have been inspired by a Black female commentator who was on Fox News while being presented as a Republican Strategist. She took some video of some of the worst parts of Baltimore and made statements including one that Cummings' district is the "most dangerous" district in the United States.

Of course that is false by any reasonable standard. I took a quick look at violent crime and homicide rates of metropolitan statistical areas and Baltimore is not the most dangerous MSA by any reasonable standard
. Plus the district includes a lot of area that isn't Baltimore. It's median household income is above average among Congressional districts (169 of 436). It's got some very reputable institutions in it. Johns Hopkins is in it.

He did two things: 1) Made a fool of himself again and 2) antagonized non Whites again.
Wrong. Looking at CITIES over 100k population (not the entire MSA), Jan-June 2017 according to the FBI, guess which one had the highest violent crime rate in the nation out of over 300? Yep, Baltimore.
https://www.businessinsider.com/most-vi ... sidents-37

Including the entire 2017 they were 3rd. Again, out of over 300 cities over 100k. Thats top 1%.
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-galler ... 669467002/

Of course most MSA’s have nice and/or rich areas, and being close to DC, Cummings does, but a large chunk of his district is a shithole. Trump, like that female lawmaker in AZ, is 100% right :nod:. Cummings should worry about his own shithole before attacking the men & women of ICE & CBP. Its just that most pols are too spineless to point out the truth because too many people can’t handle the truth and want to cry Racist, Racist! any time they are confronted with it.

And Cummings started this feud. He’s been villyfying Trump for a long time now and lately ICE & CPB. Fuck him.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

4D chess.

You just have to know he has people looking shit up and planning how they can lay the next rake down.

Former Baltimore Mayor commenting on the rats, dead animals, smells, etc.

https://twitter.com/SteveGuest/status/1 ... 7869122560
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Speaking of that race thing Trump stepped in it again with that thing about Elijah Cummings' district. This morning I learned that he appeared to have been inspired by a Black female commentator who was on Fox News while being presented as a Republican Strategist. She took some video of some of the worst parts of Baltimore and made statements including one that Cummings' district is the "most dangerous" district in the United States.

Of course that is false by any reasonable standard. I took a quick look at violent crime and homicide rates of metropolitan statistical areas and Baltimore is not the most dangerous MSA by any reasonable standard
. Plus the district includes a lot of area that isn't Baltimore. It's median household income is above average among Congressional districts (169 of 436). It's got some very reputable institutions in it. Johns Hopkins is in it.

Wrong. Looking at CITIES over 100k population (not the entire MSA), Jan-June 2017 according to the FBI, guess which one had the highest violent crime rate in the nation out of over 300? Yep, Baltimore.
https://www.businessinsider.com/most-vi ... sidents-37

Including the entire 2017 they were 3rd. Again, out of over 300 cities over 100k. Thats top 1%.
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-galler ... 669467002/

Of course most MSA’s have nice and/or rich areas, and being close to DC, Cummings does, but a large chunk of his district is a shithole. Trump, like that female lawmaker in AZ, is 100% right :nod:. Cummings should worry about his own shithole before attacking the men & women of ICE & CBP. Its just that most pols are too spineless to point out the truth because too many people can’t handle the truth and want to cry Racist, Racist! any time they are confronted with it.

And Cummings started this feud. He’s been villyfying Trump for a long time now and lately ICE & CPB. Fuck him.
Yeah...Trump and CPB are such sympathetic figures! :rofl:

I miss the 90’s when federal agents were the bad guys!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: The Official

Post by CAA Flagship »

SeattleGriz wrote:4D chess.

You just have to know he has people looking shit up and planning how they can lay the next rake down.

Whoopsie. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

CAA Flagship wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:4D chess.

Whoopsie. Image
There are just too many articles and video of politicians, local newspapers, etc. talking about how Baltimore is rat infested.

This leads me to believe the Trump campaign has to be researching this before Trump fires off specific tweets.

For an idiot, he sure is right way too much.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff2 wrote:First Lady Melania Trump and Mitch McConnell's wife Elaine Chao (our Transportation Secretary) should go back to where they came from. And why are old white men that pretend to care so much about America marrying foreigners? Huh.
Because most American women are bitchy entitled cunts?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Didn’t really work for Hillary....but Trump IS better than her in just about every aspect, so who knows.
So you are OK with candidates accepting help from foreign governments in order to get elected? You do know that is against the law....right? Or are you OK with our government officials breaking laws as well? How far will you go to keep a Republican in power? :ohno:
So now you care about laws? Why the sudden change? It's just like the laws we dont enforce at the border but different

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:
So you are OK with candidates accepting help from foreign governments in order to get elected? You do know that is against the law....right? Or are you OK with our government officials breaking laws as well? How far will you go to keep a Republican in power? :ohno:
So now you care about laws? Why the sudden change? It's just like the laws we dont enforce at the border but different
:geek:

A rare on point post from alpha...

In a Republic the rule of law is everything - damned near the only thing that matters day in and day out
and we adhere to the rule of law or strive to ardently every single day and every single event

:nod:

when we stray from that - the games begin
such as they have presently
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:So now you care about laws? Why the sudden change? It's just like the laws we dont enforce at the border but different

In a Republic the rule of law is everything - damned near the only thing that matters day in and day out
and we adhere to the rule of law or strive to ardently every single day and every single event

Pretty sure "law" is everything in non-Republics too. It's just different laws enforced to different degrees.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Pretty sure "law" is everything in non-Republics too. It's just different laws enforced to different degrees.
1)in a Caliphate god decides and speaks through the Caliph (Distinctly NOT rule of law)

2) in a Democracy the rule is by the people...
and laws can be over ridden by the mob (absolutely NOT rule of law)

3) in communism the working class owns everything including the legal process (Chaos NOT Rule of Law)

Please identify the forms of government that are founded entirely on Rule of Law
Because I can only find one
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Pretty sure "law" is everything in non-Republics too. It's just different laws enforced to different degrees.
1)in a Caliphate god decides and speaks through the Caliph (Distinctly NOT rule of law)

3) in communism the working class owns everything including the legal process (Chaos NOT Rule of Law)

Please identify the forms of government that are founded entirely on Rule of Law
Depends on your definition of "rule of law".
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:So now you care about laws? Why the sudden change? It's just like the laws we dont enforce at the border but different

The problem right now is that we want to hold the executive accountable for what he does but not for what he doesn’t do -

Too many people applaud our Presidents not upholding the law (versus actually breaking it)

IMO the rule of law suffers more through inaction or non-enforcement than it does through actual lawbreaking- ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

The problem right now is that we want to hold the executive accountable for what he does but not for what he doesn’t do -

Too many people applaud our Presidents not upholding the law (versus actually breaking it)

IMO the rule of law suffers more through inaction or non-enforcement than it does through actual lawbreaking- ..

1000X this.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

In a Republic such as we have defined by our forefathers
Rule of Law means that no person or government is above the law.

and in so defined by the legislative Branch
no government official can enforce laws that are unfair or unjust to the citizenry

and by it's elected body
Each Law is constructed and proposed in accordance to the standards of approval
as provided by the constitution

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:

no government official can enforce laws that are unfair or unjust to the citizenry

and by it's elected body

OK. That's OUR Republic and OUR Rule of Law. But other countries have a "Rule of Law", it's just created in a different manner and enforced in a different manner.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

and by it's elected body

OK. That's OUR Republic and OUR Rule of Law. But other countries have a "Rule of Law", it's just created in a different manner and enforced in a different manner.
What are you.. Some kind of Communist..?

:ohno:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: OK. That's OUR Republic and OUR Rule of Law. But other countries have a "Rule of Law", it's just created in a different manner and enforced in a different manner.
What are you.. Some kind of Communist..?

:ohno:
I'm just saying that I don't know of a clear definition of "Rule of Law" that has a specific process of creating or enforcing laws. It's like a meatball. They are all a little different, but they are still meatballs.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Pretty sure "law" is everything in non-Republics too. It's just different laws enforced to different degrees.

What about a constitutionally limited democratic republic?

:coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:

Hard to tell if he means the US or North Korea

Sometimes the ones trying hardest to be called a “democratic republic” are the furthest from it

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Sometimes the ones trying hardest to be called a “democratic republic” are the furthest from it

I’m of course referring to the one governed by the egomaniacal ruler with small hands...and owned by China.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I’m of course referring to the one governed by the egomaniacal ruler with small hands...and owned by China.

That’s about as close as you ever come to not being intentionally cryptic

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Putin?