I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
That post was ^ a thing of beauty...
and I know a few biology professors that would not disagree with John on this

:nod:
Well, he (and they) would be right in a sense.. obviously over the millennia there have been progeny as a result of rape and certainly incest in early Neolithic communities.

But as usual, John goes for hard fact without context. King is a troglodyte and he says troglodyte things - he's not making a profound anthropological statement, he's just minimizing rape and incest, in the same way slaveholders and their protectors in the antebellum US claimed that black slaves were better off and happier in bondage than they would be if they were still in Africa.

I'm fine with cold, hard science. In fact I think we shy away from it in many cases (which is why we may never isolate the genes that makes one genotype more physically robust than another) for political/moral reasons

But using it as a "yes but" moment to apologize for a choad politician is asinine
I'm sorry, that's just too deep for chizzy.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

CID1990 wrote:Well, he (and they) would be right in a sense.. obviously over the millennia there have been progeny as a result of rape and certainly incest in early Neolithic communities.

But as usual, John goes for hard fact without context. King is a troglodyte and he says troglodyte things - he's not making a profound anthropological statement, he's just minimizing rape and incest, in the same way slaveholders and their protectors in the antebellum US claimed that black slaves were better off and happier in bondage than they would be if they were still in Africa.

I'm fine with cold, hard science. In fact I think we shy away from it in many cases (which is why we may never isolate the genes that makes one genotype more physically robust than another) for political/moral reasons

But using it as a "yes but" moment to apologize for a choad politician is asinine
This here.

Having grown up in the deepest portions of the heart of King territory. Having my whole family live there still. Still living in Iowa and hearing everything fucking thing that moron says, I can promise you there was no intentional deeper meaning to anything he said.

He used a stupid ass position to try to defend his 100% anti-abortion stance, and just because there might have been some science to it 150000 years ago doesn't mean he has a valid point to it.

Keep in mind, at the same exact time he said "Why punish the child for the sins of the father or mother" - meanwhile supporting ripping children away from their parents at the border and locking them in cages not knowing when - or if - they'll see their parents again.

He's a fucking tool.

Oh and in his 17 years in public service guess how many proposed bills he's proposed have become law/passed. One. One god damn proposal. You want to know what it was? To rename a post office in Council Bluffs.

I won't be shocked if he doesn't even win the R primary in District 4. He has a challenger - from the county that has carried King with the highest percent of votes in every election - Sioux County. Even Sioux and Lyon counties (where I grew up) are getting sick of his shit - and both of them have carried him at 71+% in every election.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

clenz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well, he (and they) would be right in a sense.. obviously over the millennia there have been progeny as a result of rape and certainly incest in early Neolithic communities.

This here.

Having grown up in the deepest portions of the heart of King territory. Having my whole family live there still. Still living in Iowa and hearing everything fucking thing that moron says, I can promise you there was no intentional deeper meaning to anything he said.

He used a stupid ass position to try to defend his 100% anti-abortion stance, and just because there might have been some science to it 150000 years ago doesn't mean he has a valid point to it.

Keep in mind, at the same exact time he said "Why punish the child for the sins of the father or mother" - meanwhile supporting ripping children away from their parents at the border and locking them in cages not knowing when - or if - they'll see their parents again.

He's a fucking tool.

Oh and in his 17 years in public service guess how many proposed bills he's proposed have become law/passed. One. One god damn proposal. You want to know what it was? To rename a post office in Council Bluffs.

I won't be shocked if he doesn't even win the R primary in District 4. He has a challenger - from the county that has carried King with the highest percent of votes in every election - Sioux County. Even Sioux and Lyon counties (where I grew up) are getting sick of his shit - and both of them have carried him at 71+% in every election.
Question: Do you support jailing people who commit crimes? Because we "rip them away from their children" then too. Then those kids many times end up in the foster care system which makes the "cages" look like a fucking picnic. Don't hear people bitching about THAT. These people at the border have committed a crime. Plain and simple. There's no nuance to it.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

clenz wrote:

This here.

He's a fucking tool.

:roll: Sounds like the BS spewed by dingbat quartet and the rest of their far left ilk about whats going on at the border.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Jesse Ventura 2020

Went to the Department of Motor Vehicles today at city hall, and for the 2nd time I was in line with Jesse Ventura. Got to hear him talk for a half hour waiting in line. Said the Green Party asked him if he would run. He talked about almost everything from gun control, to being treated badly when he came home from Vietnam, only getting $50,000 net for being governor of MN, people getting upset when he did XFL football games while being governor. Could hardly get a word in before he was off to the next topic. He instituted $99 license tabs when he was governor, so the first thing they said when he got to the counter, was here's the guy that complains about the hig price of his tabs. Made the wait go by faster.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

This thing totally reminds me of Steve Carell's trident in the Anchor Man street throwdown:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... 5964839768
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol at the media bias.

1st sentence The protestors on the right are labeled “far right”, while the ANTIFA protestors on the left are simply labeled “anti facists.” Stopped reading right there because I knew it was garbage reporting.
https://apnews.com/472a99b78f214e00b96f0b03776b1a28
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:Lol at the media bias.

1st sentence The protestors on the right are labeled “far right”, while the ANTIFA protestors on the left are simply labeled “anti facists.” Stopped reading right there because I knew it was garbage reporting.
Don't worry, DJT has your back. Do you think he'll consider the same with Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys? :lol:
He also wrote that “major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an ‘ORGANIZATION of TERROR.’”

But it wasn’t immediately clear what he meant by that as there’s no mechanism for the United States government to declare a domestic organization a terror group.
I like how the Portland police chief's name is Danielle Outlaw.

BDK, for future reference, since "far right" is a triggering insult :suspicious: , what descriptor would you prefer?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
BDK, for future reference, since "far right" is a triggering insult :suspicious: , what descriptor would you prefer?
Zight
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote:
Zight
Ha! That's pretty damn good. :lol:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

When is a $ not a $? The cost of living state-by-state...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevor ... a3e85b564d
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Lol at the media bias.

Don't worry, DJT has your back. Do you think he'll consider the same with Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys? :lol:
He also wrote that “major consideration is being given to naming ANTIFA an ‘ORGANIZATION of TERROR.’”

But it wasn’t immediately clear what he meant by that as there’s no mechanism for the United States government to declare a domestic organization a terror group.

It’s not about a “triggering insult”. It’s about blatant, obvious biased reporting. They don’t even try to hide it. Comical, really.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

It’s not about a “triggering insult”. It’s about blatant, obvious biased reporting. They don’t even try to hide it. Comical, really.
So you’d prefer to see the media use the term “far left”? For fairness sake?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Ok, libs, which side you for?

https://m.jpost.com/Middle-East/PA-bans ... ank-598980

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, considering the biggest fascists in Portland were the ones they labeled “anti-facists”, I’m not even sure where to begin.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

css75 wrote:Ok, libs, which side you for?

So they agree with the Ultra-Orthodox Jews that control the Israeli Cabinet.

They agree with Tens of millions of ultra-right evangelicals here in the US.

They agree with Russia.

Conservatism and the fake sense of superiority of the religion is the issue.
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Freedom.

The PA and Bibi both suck at this concept.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Well, considering the biggest fascists in Portland were the ones they labeled “anti-facists”, I’m not even sure where to begin.
Put your thinking cap on.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I would prefer the media to report fairly and objectively. But I won’t hold my hand on my ass waiting for it to happen any time soon.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
It's all a ruse. Antifa doesn't stand for anti-fascists, it stands for ANarchists, TI something & FAscists. I just haven't figured out what the TI is yet.

Maybe it's TIts. ANarchists, TIts & FAscists Unite!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
It's all a ruse. Antifa doesn't stand for anti-fascists, it stands for ANarchists, TI something & FAscists. I just haven't figured out what the TI is yet.

ANarchists, TIts & FAnnies
:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

:nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

ANarchists, TIts & FAnnies
That's even better. Thanks Jon!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

dbackjon wrote:

So they agree with the Ultra-Orthodox Jews that control the Israeli Cabinet.

They agree with Tens of millions of ultra-right evangelicals here in the US.

They agree with Russia.

Conservatism and the fake sense of superiority of the religion is the issue.
Yea, the beat-down those gays received at the 2019 Israel Pride Parade was vicious, wasn’t it Jon...

Last edited by Col Hogan on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

WTF? Didn't Moses tell them not to covet another man's ass?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-