2019 Little League World Series

All other sports including pro, high school and more!

Who will win the US bracket this year?

Hawaii
36%
Louisiana
No votes
New Jersey
14%
Minnesota
No votes
Virginia
29%
Kentucky
No votes
Oregon
14%
Rhode Island
7%

Total votes: 14

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2019 Little League World Series

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Both have sauce stains - Marinara on the Wops, Salsa on the Ricans
:pissed: :pissed:
Don't push me. :tothehand: :ohno: :ohno:

Is it sauce or gravy?

And if the Ricans have run stains would the Wops have grappa or Chianti stains?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 2019 Little League World Series

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :pissed: :pissed:
Don't push me. :tothehand: :ohno: :ohno:

Is it sauce or gravy?

And if the Ricans have run stains would the Wops have grappa or Chianti stains?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Hardcore Wops, at least the ones in the New York area, do call it gravy. As a family, we bounced back and forth but I have dropped the gravy term long ago to avoid confusion with........well........gravy.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Re: 2019 Little League World Series

Post by CAA Flagship »

Louisiana (2-1) eliminates Minnesota (1-2) 10-0.

Virginia and Hawaii are both 2-0 and in the driver's seat.

Rhody and NJ play in elimination game today. Winner takes on Louisiana. Winner of that game plays loser of Virginia-Hawaii for spot in the US championship game.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Louisiana (2-1) eliminates Minnesota (1-2) 10-0.

Virginia and Hawaii are both 2-0 and in the driver's seat.

Rhody and NJ play in elimination game today. Winner takes on Louisiana. Winner of that game plays loser of Virginia-Hawaii for spot in the US championship game.
Still not backing off what I said at the start - VA and HI are the best US teams. International side is as it is most years - it's Japan and South Korea and then everyone else are just happy to be there.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The NJ team has to have the highest average weight for a team in LLWS history, no? And that's not even counting the coach.

There's something in the water in Elizabeth, NJ, and I think it may be Cheesy Poofs.

One of the biggins' mom had a sign last night that said "I'm Biggin's mom, and yes he's only 12."
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:The NJ team has to have the highest average weight for a team in LLWS history, no? And that's not even counting the coach.

There's something in the water in Elizabeth, NJ, and I think it may be Cheesy Poofs.

One of the biggins' mom had a sign last night that said "I'm Biggin's mom, and yes he's only 12."
NJ (2-1) eliminates Rhody (1-2) 2-0. Faces Louisiana next.

Oh, and NJ food is outstanding. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:The NJ team has to have the highest average weight for a team in LLWS history, no? And that's not even counting the coach.

No kidding, those were some big boys last night. I kept thinking it was the same kid over and over again until I saw it was like 3 or 4 different kids. And yeah, the coach was huge. Those aren't big dugouts, I was wondering if he was going to fit through the opening or not.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:

No kidding, those were some big boys last night. I kept thinking it was the same kid over and over again until I saw it was like 3 or 4 different kids. And yeah, the coach was huge. Those aren't big dugouts, I was wondering if he was going to fit through the opening or not.
I'm pretty sure it's just two kids. Escobar, the third baseman, and Mateo, the first baseman. The rest are your run-of-the-mill, scrawny PRs (and one darkie).
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's just two kids. Escobar, the third baseman, and Mateo, the first baseman. The rest are your run-of-the-mill, scrawny PRs (and one darkie).
Last kid who pitched looked tall. With all that size, they did have that tiny kid with the glasses playing in left field.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: I'm pretty sure it's just two kids. Escobar, the third baseman, and Mateo, the first baseman. The rest are your run-of-the-mill, scrawny PRs (and one darkie).
Last kid who pitched looked tall. With all that size, they did have that tiny kid with the glasses playing in left field.
Left fielder was the lone darkie. The right fielder is tiny too. The second to last pitcher is small also, but is the best pitcher on the team (eligible today).
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

My summer job in college was that I was the Director of the Union County Baseball Association Summer Baseball League. We were a county sponsored league that played all our games in Warinanco Park, which is adjacent to the Elmora neighborhood of Elizabeth that is home to the Elmora Little League.

It was an annual ritual trying to confirm these kids' ages. In time, I learned all the tricks about how a kid's parents can falsify an age record.

One summer, in our Senior League, there was this kid that everyone was telling me was 17. "He drives to the games," some people told me. But I couldn't bust him. His credentials were too good.

Then one day, I was waiting at a light at Broad Street and Jersey Avenue in Elizabeth. A driver pulls up on my right like he's going to blow me away when the light turns. I look over at the driver. It's this kid. So I pull my car up a bit and then turn at 45 degrees, so I'm blocking him. He starts yelling at me to "move my car." And then he sees my face. And he goes, "Oh, shit!"

Some years back, my son was playing U12 soccer and we had a game against an Elizabeth team in Warinanco Park. This team had five kids who were 5-foot-6 or more! That means that they had five kids who were in the top .3% of the growth chart for 11 year olds. Yea, right.

Long ago, I learned that when a kid is "off the growth chart" for his age group, the most likely explanation is that he's too old.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Louisiana eliminates New Jersey 4-1. Will play loser of Virginia-Hawaii next.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JoltinJoe wrote:My summer job in college was that I was the Director of the Union County Baseball Association Summer Baseball League. We were a county sponsored league that played all our games in Warinanco Park, which is adjacent to the Elmora neighborhood of Elizabeth that is home to the Elmora Little League.

It was an annual ritual trying to confirm these kids' ages. In time, I learned all the tricks about how a kid's parents can falsify an age record.

One summer, in our Senior League, there was this kid that everyone was telling me was 17. "He drives to the games," some people told me. But I couldn't bust him. His credentials were too good.

Then one day, I was waiting at a light at Broad Street and Jersey Avenue in Elizabeth. A driver pulls up on my right like he's going to blow me away when the light turns. I look over at the driver. It's this kid. So I pull my car up a bit and then turn at 45 degrees, so I'm blocking him. He starts yelling at me to "move my car." And then he sees my face. And he goes, "Oh, shit!"

Some years back, my son was playing U12 soccer and we had a game against an Elizabeth team in Warinanco Park. This team had five kids who were 5-foot-6 or more! That means that they had five kids who were in the top .3% of the growth chart for 11 year olds. Yea, right.

Long ago, I learned that when a kid is "off the growth chart" for his age group, the most likely explanation is that he's too old.
My son was off the growth chart until he was about 14. He played machine-pitch as a 9 year old and crushed HR’s in every AB. By the time he was 14 most kids had somewhat caught up and he wasn’t such an outlier....but to assume they’re “too old” just because they’re bigger is quite a statement.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:Louisiana eliminates New Jersey 4-1. Will play loser of Virginia-Hawaii next.
I wonder if JSO has any thoughts on this?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:Louisiana eliminates New Jersey 4-1. Will play loser of Virginia-Hawaii next.
I wonder if JSO has any thoughts on this?
Nah. Trump not involved.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:My summer job in college was that I was the Director of the Union County Baseball Association Summer Baseball League. We were a county sponsored league that played all our games in Warinanco Park, which is adjacent to the Elmora neighborhood of Elizabeth that is home to the Elmora Little League.

My son was off the growth chart until he was about 14. He played machine-pitch as a 9 year old and crushed HR’s in every AB. By the time he was 14 most kids had somewhat caught up and he wasn’t such an outlier....but to assume they’re “too old” just because they’re bigger is quite a statement.
I didn't say you can assume that they are too old. I just said that when a kid is "off the chart" for his age group, the most likely explanation is that he is too old. In my job, this explanation held in well over 50% of the cases.

Let's say, in a given year, we had about 100 kids playing in our 12-13 age group. You should expect, at most, one kid who is 5-foot-7 or taller in a generalized population. Because this is a sport, perhaps you can expect two more or so. But we'd have maybe seven or eight. The odds of that happening are astronomical.

Here, the Elizabeth team is probably selected from a pool of about 80 kids in the age 12 bracket. So it is possible, I think, for two to be "off the charts" out of that pool given that this is a sport. The final roster from the Elmora Little League obviously represents an "All Star" team from that league, so it is possible that the two outliers made it onto to that all-star roster.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I've been 6' tall since 6th grade

Even back in 6th grade I was one of the short makes in my class.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

clenz wrote:I've been 6' tall since 6th grade

But you were in the 6th grade for how many years? :lol:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

JoltinJoe wrote:
clenz wrote:I've been 6' tall since 6th grade

But you were in the 6th grade for how many years? :lol:
Unlike inbreds from the south - 1
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Speaking of inbreds from the south, Louisiana beat Virginia!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:Speaking of inbreds from the south, Louisiana beat Virginia!
That was a whippin'.

Hawaii vs. Louisiana for the US Championship.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Curacao beats Japan and advances to the final. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Loozyanna advances from the US bracket.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Loozyanna advances from the US bracket.
That little 11-year-old starting pitcher for LA had a wicked curve ball.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Ivytalk wrote:
93henfan wrote:Loozyanna advances from the US bracket.
That little 11-year-old starting pitcher for LA had a wicked curve ball.
And his mom makes a wicked jambalaya.