- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Trump to End Birthright Citizenship

Post by Ibanez »

mainejeff2 wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/politics/defian ... chosen-one

"....his administration is considering how to revoke birthright citizenship, which allows anyone born in the U.S. to automatically become an American citizen."

The clown is on a roll. RIP America.

:coffee:
:lol: What a stupid cuck.

Amend 14A or STFU, INDEED!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

mainejeff2 wrote:The Constitution is the American Bible according to Conservatives.
I mean it actually is. Just like the Bible, they pick and choose what they like.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Again, he just wins by sucking the air out of the room. People have been talking about Greenland for a week now and there's zero chance Trump will be able to buy it. People start talking about Democratic polls and who's ahead and he comes out with the new rules regarding families at the border and then this. There's no chance he's changing the 14th amendment, so all it serves is to dominate the news and discussion. Say what you will about him, and he's every bit the buffoon he looks to be, but he's certainly stumbled onto a way he can win again in 2020, and that's by dominating every news cycle as he's been doing.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:Again, he just wins by sucking the air out of the room. People have been talking about Greenland for a week now and there's zero chance Trump will be able to buy it. People start talking about Democratic polls and who's ahead and he comes out with the new rules regarding families at the border and then this. There's no chance he's changing the 14th amendment, so all it serves is to dominate the news and discussion. Say what you will about him, and he's every bit the buffoon he looks to be, but he's certainly stumbled onto a way he can win again in 2020, and that's by dominating every news cycle as he's been doing.

Especially when people don't take him or the damage he is doing to the US seriously.
:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Again, he just wins by sucking the air out of the room. People have been talking about Greenland for a week now and there's zero chance Trump will be able to buy it. People start talking about Democratic polls and who's ahead and he comes out with the new rules regarding families at the border and then this. There's no chance he's changing the 14th amendment, so all it serves is to dominate the news and discussion. Say what you will about him, and he's every bit the buffoon he looks to be, but he's certainly stumbled onto a way he can win again in 2020, and that's by dominating every news cycle as he's been doing.

Especially when people don't take him or the damage he is doing to the US seriously.
You're still wrong about the potential for damage to things like OSHA and the EPA, no matter which thread you put it in. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

dbackjon wrote:Especially when people don't take him or the damage he is doing to the US seriously.
Agreed. We've already been to war with North Korea and Iran and seen gay rights stripped away. What next?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

∞∞∞ wrote:
mainejeff2 wrote:The Constitution is the American Bible according to Conservatives.
I mean it actually is. Just like the Bible, they pick and choose what they like.
:shock: ^

Post of the month nomination right there...

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Well, he could just go judge shopping to get it done. After all, the Constitution is a living document and the judiciary has all the legislative powers of Congress and the executive powers of the presidency. At least that's what the lefties have been telling me for years.

The removal of birthright citizenship would require a constitutional amendment, but I think it would have a decent chance of being ratified.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Liberals: "The second amendment is outdated because things are different today and weapons are deadlier."

Also Liberals: "We should still have birthright citizenship even though it was established long before cars and air travel existed."
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CitadelGrad wrote:The removal of birthright citizenship would require a constitutional amendment, but I think it would have a decent chance of being ratified.
About as much chance as Trump buying Greenland. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

While I disagree vehemently that this should/could be done, I do find it humorous that suddenly to donks all around for whom the Constitution is just “a sheet of paper” or a “living document” suddenly it IS the Bible when someone starts wanting to mess with parts they AGREE with.

Fuckin’ hypocrites. The lot of you.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

You're still wrong about the potential for damage to things like OSHA and the EPA, no matter which thread you put it in. :coffee:

No it is not
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

89Hen wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Especially when people don't take him or the damage he is doing to the US seriously.
Agreed. We've already been to war with North Korea and Iran and seen gay rights stripped away. What next?

And yes, we have seen an erosion of gay rights. But since it doesn't affect you, you don't pay attention.

As for NK and Iran, Trump's actions have made the world a more dangerous place, especially with those two.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

What? Again? :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:While I disagree vehemently that this should/could be done, I do find it humorous that suddenly to donks all around for whom the Constitution is just “a sheet of paper” or a “living document” suddenly it IS the Bible when someone starts wanting to mess with parts they AGREE with.

Wrong, we have always respected ALL of the Constitution. Just because you don't UNDERSTAND the purpose or the meaning of the 2nd, doesn't mean you are right about it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:While I disagree vehemently that this should/could be done, I do find it humorous that suddenly to donks all around for whom the Constitution is just “a sheet of paper” or a “living document” suddenly it IS the Bible when someone starts wanting to mess with parts they AGREE with.

Show of hands...who here really cares about or strongly supports it?

Other than you.
Last edited by kalm on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

dbackjon wrote:

Wrong, we have always respected ALL of the Constitution. Just because you don't UNDERSTAND the purpose or the meaning of the 2nd, doesn't mean you are right about it.
Bullshit, dback. The Electoral College. I rest my case.

I leaned early in my career that exaggeration is fatal to a coherent argument, legal or otherwise.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:

Well, to steal a quote from someone: “When the founding fathers wrote the 2nd Amendment, they hadn’t just come back from a hunting trip, they’d just birthed a nation.”

And IT’s EC example is perfect. Like I said, fucking hypocrites, the lot of you.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Wasn't this part of your list detailing Trump's greatness yesterday?
AZGrizFan wrote: full support for the constitution and ALL the amendments
i guess that can be scratched off your list.

And, it goes both ways.

I do find it humorous that Conks, for whom the Constitution is etched in stone, suddenly think it is just a "sheet of paper" or a "living document". :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

This ^^^^

Everybody knows it can’t happen without an act of Congress except the most uneducated of his base, and the chattering drama queens and their media puppeteers

Looks like we have at least 3 of the drama queens right here

Any article that has Trump spitballing about things he’s a gonna doooooo is pure catnip for people like Jearf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Wasn't this part of your list detailing Trump's greatness yesterday?
AZGrizFan wrote: full support for the constitution and ALL the amendments
i guess that can be scratched off your list.

And, it goes both ways.

I do find it humorous that Conks, for whom the Constitution is etched in stone, suddenly think it is just a "sheet of paper" or a "living document". :coffee:
:nod:

That why asked my question.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:

This ^^^^

Everybody knows it can’t happen without an act of Congress except the most uneducated of his base, and the chattering drama queens and their media puppeteers

Any article that has Trump spitballing about things he’s a gonna doooooo is pure catnip for people like Jearf

But, aren't we supposed to be giving him credit for things that haven't produced results like the Trade War? :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

This ^^^^

But, aren't we supposed to be giving him credit for things that haven't produced results like the Trade War? :coffee:
Do you want to shift the conversation into the realm of things that are within the Executive’s authority, Reek? Because I thought this was about Trump trying to end-run the Constitution.

You should know better by now than to try to peddle your false equivalencies with me, boy.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Hasn’t SCOTUS never ruled on the birthright citizenship question? The 14th Amendment was ratified after the War Between the States. The Citizenship Clause was written specifically to deal with the recently freed slaves. It reversed part of the Dred Scott decision which said blacks couldn’t become citizens of the US. Had nothing to do with children of illegal immigrants.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.