- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: 2020 Republican Primary Thread

Post by AshevilleApp »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Joe Walsh enters the race.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/25/us/p ... ident.html
Life's been good to him so far.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AshevilleApp wrote:

Life's been good to him so far.
Man of the people....He picks up the dog doo, and hopes that it’s hard just like the rest of us.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Great musician

https://youtu.be/4Fz-mHGXgzs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
The Democrats complicitness in 2016 that resulted in us having Trump as President is astounding. The lionization of the Clintons during that coronation and the steamrolling of the democratic process to get there, along with the Clintons likely being just as dirty and corrupt as Trump, were the perfect storm that needed to happen to have someone like Trump slip through and win the election. As kooky as Bernie was/is he'd have still won that election just because he would've been the only non-criminal on the ballot. As long as Trump runs again in 2020, his election defeat is almost a sure thing because the Dems will not short circuit the process this time and a legitimate candidate will emerge from that process who will be an easy-to-vote-for compared to Trump. Should've done that in 2016 and saved all of us the trouble. :coffee:
So many assumptions in this piece. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
Agreed, mj. One cannot just assume that a Trump defeat is ‘almost a sure thing” simply because the Dems will present a “legitimate candidate”. Nothing in their process to date has given any indication they learned one fucking thing from the Trump election. Combine that with the fact Trump’s administration continues to blow the doors off long-standing economic records and I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that a Dem “adult” wins the election.

Lord knows there’s not a single one of them I could hold my nose and pull the lever for. They’ve ALL gone cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over shit like open borders, their efforts to bankrupt the country with their “green new deal”, abolishing ICE, hatred of police, free shit for illegals, voting rights to illegals, treating illegals better than American citizens, etc., etc....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

2020 Republican Primary Thread

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Agreed, mj. One cannot just assume that a Trump defeat is ‘almost a sure thing” simply because the Dems will present a “legitimate candidate”. Nothing in their process to date has given any indication they learned one fucking thing from the Trump election. Combine that with the fact Trump’s administration continues to blow the doors off long-standing economic records and I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that a Dem “adult” wins the election.

Lord knows there’s not a single one of them I could hold my nose and pull the lever for. They’ve ALL gone cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs over shit like open borders, their efforts to bankrupt the country with their “green new deal”, abolishing ICE, hatred of police, free shit for illegals, voting rights to illegals, treating illegals better than American citizens, etc., etc....
Speaking of going cuckoo...

In the space of just a couple weeks, Trump called the chairman of the Fed a bigger enemy than China, had a twantrum when Denmark said Greenland was for sale, and worst of all - “ordered” American companies to look for somewhere to move outside of China. That last one is statist bullsh1t... tantamount to picking winners and losers in business

He’s seeing the polls and he’s doing increasingly crazy sh1t. If this is Trump in late 2019 there’s no telling where he’ll be in October 2020 but I’m pretty sure there’s a landslide defeat coming if he stays on this path

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

So a Command Economy isn't what the doctor ordered for the United States?

You forgot wanting to explode nuclear warheads in hurricanes to break them up, begging world leaders to let Putin back in the G7, making an ass of himself again at the G-7, and that is only this weekend.
:thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:So a Command Economy isn't what the doctor ordered for the United States?

You forgot wanting to explode nuclear warheads in hurricanes to break them up, begging world leaders to let Putin back in the G7, making an ass of himself again at the G-7, and that is only this weekend.
Nope. And that's precisely what an executive telling businesses where to locate is. If Obama had done it people would have been screaming bloody murder.

And when people like the Squat want to do it through legislation, the right screams bloody murder and the left defends them. See how that works?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CID1990 wrote:
dbackjon wrote:So a Command Economy isn't what the doctor ordered for the United States?

Nope. And that's precisely what an executive telling businesses where to locate is. If Obama had done it people would have been screaming bloody murder.

And when people like the Squat want to do it through legislation, the right screams bloody murder and the left defends them. See how that works?

Can you point me to this legislation where the Democrats wanted to force American companies to leave China?

I don't recall Presidents Carter, Clinton or Obama doing this.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

So Joe Walsh and Bill Weld will be cris-crossing NH for the next 6 months, mining for votes. God bless ‘em both.

At least they — unlike Biden — know they’re in NH! :rofl:

And the story today setting up a potential ‘24 rivalry between Mike Praisegod Pence and Nikki Haley. :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Man, you need to lay off Fox News and whatever other batshit crazy websites you are being brainwashed by.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dbackjon wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Can you point me to this legislation where the Democrats wanted to force American companies to leave China?

I don't recall Presidents Carter, Clinton or Obama doing this.
Have you read the Green New Deal?

That is proposed legislation and it most certainly involves conversion to a de facto command economy.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Speaking of going cuckoo...

In the space of just a couple weeks, Trump called the chairman of the Fed a bigger enemy than China, had a twantrum when Denmark said Greenland was for sale, and worst of all - “ordered” American companies to look for somewhere to move outside of China. That last one is statist bullsh1t... tantamount to picking winners and losers in business

He’s seeing the polls and he’s doing increasingly crazy sh1t. If this is Trump in late 2019 there’s no telling where he’ll be in October 2020 but I’m pretty sure there’s a landslide defeat coming if he stays on this path

Well, for 2+ years he’s demonstrated the complete inability to get out of his own fucking way.....I would expect nothing different in the next 18 months in the run up to the election. He’s his own worst enemy, no doubt.

How bad must the donk candidate options be when a certifiably insane Trump is STILL a better option than the policy positions they’re proposing? The call HIM crazy, then lead with that shit? :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Who?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

BDKJMU wrote:

Who?
:shock:

C'mon man, do you live under a rock there in the Philly burbs? He was a member of the James Gang and the Eagles and had some solo hits as well. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:More and more likely that someone hops in to challenge Trump.

I would have voted for Kasich in 2016. He'd be a very good option. Don't think he'd win, but someone needs to challenge Trump to save face for the party.
I was literally anyone but Clinton or Trump in the last election so anyone else would've been suitable than those two.

I'd be surprised if Trump ends up running for re-election. He's not a young guy, I'm not sure he ever really wanted to win in the first place other than to get the bragging rights that he could do it. Getting tagged with a re-election loss would be something I see him trying to avoid doing.

If Trump doesn't run then Pence pretty much automatically becomes a candidate too.

I would too - he knows his ass will be handed to him and he'd rather run away than face what people really think of him.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:#NikkiHaley
couple of years ago I would have agreed but I'm not sure she can scrape enough Trump off of her shoe now to look like an alternative....wouldn't mind giving her a good session with the ol' turkey neck though....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AshevilleApp wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Who?
:shock:

C'mon man, do you live under a rock there in the Philly burbs? He was a member of the James Gang and the Eagles and had some solo hits as well. :ohno:
BDK.... :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I was literally anyone but Clinton or Trump in the last election so anyone else would've been suitable than those two.

I'd be surprised if Trump ends up running for re-election. He's not a young guy, I'm not sure he ever really wanted to win in the first place other than to get the bragging rights that he could do it. Getting tagged with a re-election loss would be something I see him trying to avoid doing.

If Trump doesn't run then Pence pretty much automatically becomes a candidate too.

I would too - he knows his ass will be handed to him and he'd rather run away than face what people really think of him.
I’m starting to lean this way as too. He’s not polling well in head to head matchups with the three Dem front runners or even some of the rest of the pack. How does he make up that ground? Better to go out on top than a loser.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff2 wrote:
kalm wrote:
I’m starting to lean this way as too. He’s not polling well in head to head matchups with the three Dem front runners or even some of the rest of the pack. How does he make up that ground? Better to go out on top than a loser.
He'll always be a loser. He has damaged his brand to the point where his heirs will actually have to do something themselves to maintain their lifestyle. :D :D :D
I think they'll survive. :lol: :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Six months ago, I thought this was possible. Now, Drumpf wold be tagged by his supporters as a chickenshit loser if he bailed in the face of these polls. His fragile ego’s only hope is to fight like hell to win, doing ANYTHING, and I do mean anything, he can (legal or not) to achieve that goal. :twocents:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
Six months ago, I thought this was possible. Now, Drumpf wold be tagged by his supporters as a chickenshit loser if he bailed in the face of these polls. His fragile ego’s only hope is to fight like hell to win, doing ANYTHING, and I do mean anything, he can (legal or not) to achieve that goal. :twocents:
Health issues, more time with the family, empire to run...plenty of excuses and let Pence take the fall.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
Health issues, more time with the family, empire to run...plenty of excuses and let Pence take the fall.
Care to make a wager? I have one with Cleets now, but I can’t remember what it is. :oops:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Republican Primary Thread

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
kalm wrote:
Care to make a wager? I have one with Cleets now, but I can’t remember what it is. :oops:
Loser runs butt naked across Harvard Yard with a giant Yale flag?

p.s. I'm with you. Trump's way to sensitive to not run.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Gotta love the Trump-led GOP. Four states, including SC and NV, are canceling their GOP primaries, even though Drumpf does have token opposition. Weld, Walsh, Sanford, etc. can go pound sand.

It’s not a Republican issue: it’s a Duopoly issue. Both parties have done it before, but usually not when some potential primary opposition has surfaced.