Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Trump Campaign Goes Full Racist

Post by CID1990 »

Based on just a basic command of English grammar, one can see that Trump is referring to “coastal elites” and “liberal megadonors”.

This is my shocked face, I tell ya -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I was told by Samantha Bee (who defends Rashida Tlaib's controversial comments) that "Coastal elites" and the mere mention of George Soros were antisemitic dog whistles.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pwns wrote:I was told by Samantha Bee (who defends Rashida Tlaib's controversial comments) that "Coastal elites" and the mere mention of George Soros were antisemitic dog whistles.
Well, if "coastal elite" doesn't include Trump... :?

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Based on just a basic command of English grammar, one can see that Trump is referring to “coastal elites” and “liberal megadonors”.

This is my shocked face, I tell ya -

Bullshit. He knows exactly what he is doing.
I’d say that’s creative reading on your part... except I’m pretty sure you didn’t really read it before posting.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Someone (Jeffy) seems awfully triggered this morning. Do you need a safe space or a trophy?
Make Delaware Football Great Again
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Pwns wrote:I was told by Samantha Bee (who defends Rashida Tlaib's controversial comments) that "Coastal elites" and the mere mention of George Soros were antisemitic dog whistles.
Well, if "coastal elite" doesn't include Trump... :?

I guess it's kind of like when Lizzie and Bernie talk about the rich.
Celebrate Diversity.*
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Except, they don't exclude themselves from that designation of any policies they suggest.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I’d say that’s creative reading on your part... except I’m pretty sure you didn’t really read it before posting.

I did read it. I think that you are so blinded by loyalty to Trump that you refuse to acknowledge anything that reveals his racist tendencies. :thumb:
Wait, CID's a Trumpster now? When did that happen? :suspicious:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

mainejeff2 wrote:"This is our country, not theirs"......

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... s-n1047061

Fuck you Donald J. Trump and your deplorable supporters!

:coffee:

Who peed on your Cheerios?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Trump's been full racist since he walked down the escalators, and probably before that.

People just don't want to admit they support a racist. Or they're completely ignorant to what racism is or are racist themselves.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Trump's been full racist since he walked down the escalators, and probably before that.

People just don't want to admit they support a racist. Or they're completely ignorant to what racism is or are racist themselves.
And let's not pretend Obama wasn't racist as well. He was just a lot more polished.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Trump's been full racist since he walked down the escalators, and probably before that.

Trump is an arrogant sociopath but I'm not sure he's really a racist. He plays to others' racism but his arrogance isn't about race, it's about how great of an individual he is. He thinks he's better than everyone regardless of their skin color.

He does make inflammatory comments that are on the edge of racism to fire up the deplorables which isn't very dignified or as 93 said "polished".
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Pwns
Level4
Level4

Post by Pwns »

Eh, Trump likes sycophants and fans no matter what color they are, and for people that don't like him no characteristic is out of bounds for him to bring up and mock, even if it's pot calling the kettle black.

He let Ban Carson run HUD and tried to get Herman Cain into the fed. Any Democrat tries that and you bet I'm saying it's affirmative action.
Celebrate Diversity.*
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

He's a racist; I don't know why people defend or explain away this s*hit.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Everyone on the planet is racist to a certain degree. It's simple human nature.

Granted, it doesn't justify stupid or destructive behavior
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

93henfan wrote:Everyone on the planet is racist to a certain degree. It's simple human nature.

Granted, it doesn't justify stupid or destructive behavior
True. The degree varies by individual and it takes effort to overcome that nature.
∞∞∞ wrote:He's a racist; I don't know why people defend or explain away this s*hit.
Racism is a two way street and there are those on the left who are racist/bigoted too. MJ is just as unashamedly bigoted about old white men as others are about people of color.

Rather than focusing on one aspect of racism/bigotry, let's condemn them all.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:He's a racist; I don't know why people defend or explain away this s*hit.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote:Racism is a two way street and there are those on the left who are racist/bigoted too. MJ is just as unashamedly bigoted about old white men as others are about people of color.
Ok, start a thread about it. I know it's a common tactic to change the topic or project the argument on something else, but this one is about Trump's racism. I know some will still support him despite it though.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
UNI88 wrote:Racism is a two way street and there are those on the left who are racist/bigoted too. MJ is just as unashamedly bigoted about old white men as others are about people of color.
Ok, start a thread about it. I know it's a common tactic to change the topic or project the argument on something else, but this one is about Trump's racism. I know some will still support him despite it though.

I see you still buy the msm blather, Goebbels said tell a lie often enough and people will believe it is the truth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Ok, start a thread about it. I know it's a common tactic to change the topic or project the argument on something else, but this one is about Trump's racism. I know some will still support him despite it though.

I see you still buy the msm blather, Goebbels said tell a lie often enough and people will believe it is the truth.
What MSM blather? I don't even have cable.

I listen to Trump's live interviews and press conferences, I read his tweets and quotes, I watch his rallies.

I don't need anyone to tell me he's a racist. His stupidity is even more mind-boggling; has anyone listened to him speak? I can't believe people take it seriously to the point he's POTUS.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
css75 wrote:

What MSM blather? I don't even have cable.

I listen to Trump's live interviews and press conferences, I read his tweets and quotes, I watch his rallies.

I don't need anyone to tell me he's a racist. His stupidity is even more mind-boggling; has anyone listened to him speak? I can't believe people take him seriously and support it to the point he's POTUS.
Nah...he’s really just a misunderstood victim. :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: What MSM blather? I don't even have cable.

I don't need anyone to tell me he's a racist. His stupidity is even more mind-boggling; has anyone listened to him speak? I can't believe people take him seriously and support it to the point he's POTUS.
Nah...he’s really just a misunderstood victim. :lol:
The irony of css75's statement is that:

a. Bannon, Stone, and Miller have openly stated they sow misinformation to create chaos (some people like to see the world burn). Ailes even wrote 300+ pages in 1970 about the strategy called "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News." They've been OPEN about it and people still support the lies.

b. Goebbels never said that.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:Ailes even wrote 300+ pages in 1970 about the strategy called "A Plan For Putting the GOP on TV News." They've been OPEN about it and people still support the lies.
And the DNC? They haven't been open about it and people still support the lies? :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

mainejeff2 wrote:
Those "Coastal Elites" represent tens of millions of coastal residents. Fuck Trump.

What about the Heartland Elites (Oil & Ag) of Texas, Oklahoma and Central part of the country. Fuck Deplorables too! Hillary was right. :nod:

:coffee:
No they don‘t. Wealthier living in the coastal areas maybe in the millions. Not 10s of millions.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
I'm not a Trump supporter or apologist and I've already stated that I think he's is an arrogant sociopath more than he's a racist. I try to give him credit for what I think is good and call him out on what isn't.

Isn't it a little hypocritical to call out the other side for supporting someone you think is a racist but ignoring those on your side who are racist or bigoted?