Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-7

Post by JALMOND »

Came in at 11-1 last week, missing out because I didn't believe in Cal Poly. One game this week pitting two conference members in a non conference game, otherwise another round of non-conference action. My humble attempt at perfection this week.

Thursday

Western Colorado (DII) at ISU---First game of the year for the Bengals at home against a DII team. Most of the rest of the conference are getting their money games out of the way. This one, the Bengals had to pay out. They better win this...ISU 38, Western Colorado 7.

Friday

SAC at Arizona State (Pac-12)---Fresh off a pasting of an NAIA team, the Hornets head into the desert and up a level to the Pac-12. Maybe a little come back to earth for them in this game as Arizona State is clearly not the NAIA...Arizona State 42, SAC 14.

Saturday

CP at WSU---Interesting outcomes for both teams last week. The Wildcats showed off their strong defense against an FBS team but faltered under the weight of an FBS defense. The Mustangs clearly got their offense going against the Pioneer League. Which team gets this one...WSU 20, CP 7.

Lindenwood, Mo (NAIA) at EWU---What to do after getting pounded by one of the Pac-12's elite teams? Easy for the Eagles, just go to the lower levels and schedule a patsy yourself. There should be no problem for the Eagles in this one...EWU 44, Lindenwood, Mo 7.

Central Washington (DII) at UI---Unfortunately, the Vandals did not get the same memo. After getting trounced last week, they come home and fact a decent DII team. After last week, they can't afford to look past this strong team, even at home...UI 31, Central Washington 14.

North Alabama (Big South transitional) at UM---After knocking off a good Missouri Valley team on the road, the Grizzlies get a transitional team for their home opener, who also got a good win on the road against a Mo Valley team. Grizzlies can't look past them...UM 35, North Alabama 28.

SE Missouri (Ohio Valley) at MSU---Fresh from a trouncing in Big 12 country, the Bobcats welcome a good Ohio Valley team, one that made the playoffs last year. A tough test for sure, one that the Bobcats can't look past...SE Missouri 31, MSU 27.

NAU at Arizona (Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks get a strong test this week, heading down to play their Pac-12 brethren. However, the opponent got shellacked by Hawaii and had two weeks to live with it. The Lumberjacks may have a shot at it...Arizona 38, NAU 35.

UNC at Washington State (Pac-12)---The Bears actually had a decent performance last week in playing up a level. Can they sustain it? This week, more reaching for the stars as they venture into the Pac-12 this time, and Wazzu has a history of losing to the Big Sky...Washington State 38, UNC 17.

Simon Fraser (DII) at PSU---The Vikings showed no fear last week in SEC country, staying within striking distance the whole game. This week, the tables are turned as they bring in a DII team that is 1-32 in the last four years...PSU 45, Simon Fraser 7.

SUU at Northern Iowa (Mo Valley)---It doesn't get any easier for the Thunderbirds. After not showing up last week against a weak Mountain West team, they go on the road and play a team that lost in 3OT to an FBS Top 25 team. Oh, my...Northern Iowa 41, SUU 10.

UCD at San Diego---The Aggies showed up and played a Pac-12 team strong last week. They now hit the road and play the defending Pioneer League champs. Maybe a test, but San Diego lost last week to Cal Poly. The Aggies should get this one...UCD 35, San Diego 17.
CPAlum
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Cal Poly

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-7

Post by CPAlum »

JALMOND wrote:Came in at 11-1 last week, missing out because I didn't believe in Cal Poly. One game this week pitting two conference members in a non conference game, otherwise another round of non-conference action. My humble attempt at perfection this week.

Thursday

Western Colorado (DII) at ISU---First game of the year for the Bengals at home against a DII team. Most of the rest of the conference are getting their money games out of the way. This one, the Bengals had to pay out. They better win this...ISU 38, Western Colorado 7.

Friday

SAC at Arizona State (Pac-12)---Fresh off a pasting of an NAIA team, the Hornets head into the desert and up a level to the Pac-12. Maybe a little come back to earth for them in this game as Arizona State is clearly not the NAIA...Arizona State 42, SAC 14.

Saturday

CP at WSU---Interesting outcomes for both teams last week. The Wildcats showed off their strong defense against an FBS team but faltered under the weight of an FBS defense. The Mustangs clearly got their offense going against the Pioneer League. Which team gets this one...WSU 20, CP 7.

Lindenwood, Mo (NAIA) at EWU---What to do after getting pounded by one of the Pac-12's elite teams? Easy for the Eagles, just go to the lower levels and schedule a patsy yourself. There should be no problem for the Eagles in this one...EWU 44, Lindenwood, Mo 7.

Central Washington (DII) at UI---Unfortunately, the Vandals did not get the same memo. After getting trounced last week, they come home and fact a decent DII team. After last week, they can't afford to look past this strong team, even at home...UI 31, Central Washington 14.

North Alabama (Big South transitional) at UM---After knocking off a good Missouri Valley team on the road, the Grizzlies get a transitional team for their home opener, who also got a good win on the road against a Mo Valley team. Grizzlies can't look past them...UM 35, North Alabama 28.

SE Missouri (Ohio Valley) at MSU---Fresh from a trouncing in Big 12 country, the Bobcats welcome a good Ohio Valley team, one that made the playoffs last year. A tough test for sure, one that the Bobcats can't look past...SE Missouri 31, MSU 27.

NAU at Arizona (Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks get a strong test this week, heading down to play their Pac-12 brethren. However, the opponent got shellacked by Hawaii and had two weeks to live with it. The Lumberjacks may have a shot at it...Arizona 38, NAU 35.

UNC at Washington State (Pac-12)---The Bears actually had a decent performance last week in playing up a level. Can they sustain it? This week, more reaching for the stars as they venture into the Pac-12 this time, and Wazzu has a history of losing to the Big Sky...Washington State 38, UNC 17.

Simon Fraser (DII) at PSU---The Vikings showed no fear last week in SEC country, staying within striking distance the whole game. This week, the tables are turned as they bring in a DII team that is 1-32 in the last four years...PSU 45, Simon Fraser 7.

SUU at Northern Iowa (Mo Valley)---It doesn't get any easier for the Thunderbirds. After not showing up last week against a weak Mountain West team, they go on the road and play a team that lost in 3OT to an FBS Top 25 team. Oh, my...Northern Iowa 41, SUU 10.

UCD at San Diego---The Aggies showed up and played a Pac-12 team strong last week. They now hit the road and play the defending Pioneer League champs. Maybe a test, but San Diego lost last week to Cal Poly. The Aggies should get this one...UCD 35, San Diego 17.

Dare I say this is an easier week to pick? I think you may be selling Cal Poly short ..I don't blame you; they've sucked for a few years now. Will they win? The smart money is definitely on Weber State especially at home. However, I think Poly will will score many more than 7 points and probably have a chance for an upset.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

ISU
ASU
CP - Tough one to pick
EWU
UI
UM
SEMO
UofA
Wazzu
PSU
UNI
dungpile
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CPAlum wrote: Dare I say this is an easier week to pick? I think you may be selling Cal Poly short ..I don't blame you; they've sucked for a few years now. Will they win? The smart money is definitely on Weber State especially at home. However, I think Poly will will score many more than 7 points and probably have a chance for an upset.
If CP throws the ball against Weebs like they did USD, I think they cruise in Ogden.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Thursday

WCU 13-49 Idaho St.Repeat DII opponents are always fun for the fans…

Friday

Sac 23-49 Arizona St.I doubt the Hornets will win, but it's probably worth the +8000 money line on 5dimes

Saturday

Lindenwood 10-59 EWUThis is Lindenwood's first non-conference game in 6 years :?

Simon Fraser 3-63 Portland St.Simon Fraser hasn't even won a DII game in 5 years :? :?

Davis 52-27 San Diego — San Diego had defensive problems last year, and that clearly hasn't changed

CDub 24-34 IdahoI'm not sure the Vandals win this one on a neutral field

Suutah 17-34 YunieSuutah was surprisingly uncompetitive against UNLV

Cal Poly 10-24 Weber (NC) — Weber's won the last 3 meetings despite scoring just 21 ppg in those wins

NAU 28-52 ArizonaIn 15 all-time meetings with Arizona, the 'Jacks have only averaged 8.7 ppg

UNA 24-41 MontanaI suspect UNA's upset of WIU was more about WIU being bad than about UNA being good

SEMO 31-38 Montana St.Could we see a rematch of this one in November/December?

NoCo 7-62 WazzuThe Cougs are a bit better than San Jose State

NoDak 20-28 NoDak StateThis'll tell us a lot more about these two teams than week 1 did
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

I think this game is a make or break for SUU's season. If they can compete and keep it close, they'll do okay. If they get blown out, then it will be time to look to next year and figure out what is missing. It might even be time to evaluate if Demario Warren is the guy to take us forward. I think a lot of his early success was riding the coat tails of Ed Lambs recruiting prowess. Fingers are crossed because Im not ready to completely give up hope yet, but Im going with a score of 35-21 for UNI.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Thundernuts wrote:I think this game is a make or break for SUU's season. If they can compete and keep it close, they'll do okay. If they get blown out, then it will be time to look to next year and figure out what is missing. It might even be time to evaluate if Demario Warren is the guy to take us forward. I think a lot of his early success was riding the coat tails of Ed Lambs recruiting prowess. Fingers are crossed because Im not ready to completely give up hope yet, but Im going with a score of 35-21 for UNI.
Depends. Yunie has a tendency to play ISU and UI tough, then shit the bed 5-6 times during the regular season....you may have a fighting chance.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Danny White U. 35, Sac 31
W. Colorado 10, Bungles 0
Wazzu 31, Cow Poly 9
EWU 60, Lindenwood 10 (The score MIGHT be a little closer if Lindenwood plays Rugby War Goddess at LBer.)
C. Washington 42, Idalol 0
Griz 49, S. Alabama 17
SEMO 42, Kitties 3
AZ 56, NAU 2 (On a late-game intentional.)
Wazzu 42, UNC 13
PSU 35, Simon Fraser 6
UNI 56, SUU 0
U of SD 31, UCFE 17

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Came in at 11-1 last week, missing out because I didn't believe in Cal Poly. One game this week pitting two conference members in a non conference game, otherwise another round of non-conference action. My humble attempt at perfection this week.

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

11-2 again this week, 22-2 overall. I need to have more faith in the conference I guess.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote:ISU
ASU
CP - Tough one to pick
EWU
UI
UM