Your first site for the day's politics.

Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Your first site for the day's politics.

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:Stormfront
:lol:

post of the week material
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:Stormfront
:lol:

post of the week material
I've never actually visited that site. I figure you get put on several watch lists right off the bat when your IP is logged on their servers. :lol:

Not to mention, if you posted anything contrary to the company line, you gotta figure some people worse than A1G are gonna dox the fuck out of you.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

The WSJ ___

(the Winston-Salem Journal)

I do WaPo if their paywall will let me in. I was shadow-banned for asking Fred Hiatt about his health (I inquired as to whether he had bumped his head, and needed medical assistance).

:thumb:
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Aho Old Guy wrote:I do WaPo if their paywall will let me in.
Use an incognito window and you can do WaPo. Not sure why you'd want to for national news. They're only good for local unless you're a braindead liberal.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:...unless you're a braindead liberal.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Ivytalk wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:Local sites. More bang for the vote (and buck).
Our local outlet, DelawareOnline, is just a virtual version of the NewsUrinal. Gannett-produced POS. :thumbdown:
Our local paper does a decent job with local political issues, and absolutely sucks beyond that. There are also couple of independent papers (both sides of the spectrum) that provide a different slant on local issues.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

GannonFan wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:Local sites. More bang for the vote (and buck).
My local news source is terrible for national stuff. It's only good for what's happening in the general area, and even then it's pretty thin. Just isn't a market for local news anymore, no one wants to spend anything for it.
Same here with the national stuff, but decent coverage locally. I just think that more of what has a direct bearing on my everyday life (and wallet) is decided locally. And I have more of an opportunity to impact those decisions at the local level.

Of course, our County government has had several people sentenced to prison, and some high level City personnel fired, recently. That gives what few reporters are left something to do.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote:
Aho Old Guy wrote:I do WaPo if their paywall will let me in.
Use an incognito window and you can do WaPo. Not sure why you'd want to for national news. They're only good for local unless you're a braindead liberal.
Off topic but you reminded me of something I was thinking as I was looking at conservative Facebook memes. And it is this:

All indications are that people who identify as Liberals have higher IQs and higher educational attainment levels, on average, than people who identify as Conservatives do. That used to bother me. But now that I've seen the Trump phenomenon I have to say it makes sense.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Opps
Last edited by Col Hogan on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Well, we know that Jon and jelly can’t go to their favorite site first thing in the morning now...

ThinkProgress has shut down...Center for American Progress has been bleeding red for years and could not find a buyer...
Top officials at CAP had been searching for a buyer to take over ThinkProgress, which has run deficits for years, and according to sources there were potentially three serious buyers in the mix recently. But in a statement to staff, Navin Nayak, the executive director of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, said the site was ultimately unable to secure a patron.

“Given that we could find no new publisher, we have no other real option but to fold the ThinkProgress website back into CAP’s broader online presence with a focus on analysis of policy, politics, and news events through the lens of existing CAP and CAP Action staff experts,” said Nayak. “Conversations on how to do so are just beginning, but we will seek to reinvent it as a different platform for progressive change.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/thinkprog ... tting-down
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:
89Hen wrote: Use an incognito window and you can do WaPo. Not sure why you'd want to for national news. They're only good for local unless you're a braindead liberal.
Off topic but you reminded me of something I was thinking as I was looking at conservative Facebook memes. And it is this:

All indications are that people who identify as Liberals have higher IQs and higher educational attainment levels, on average, than people who identify as Conservatives do. That used to bother me. But now that I've seen the Trump phenomenon I have to say it makes sense.
So liberals are nerds.