9/14/19: North Dakota State @ Delaware

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 9/14/19: North Dakota State @ Delaware

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: Keep trying to pitch this as the greatest non-conference home game Gil. Never mind fans who have been to all the ones we've mentioned.
I'm not trying to pitch it. It was the ECB media pitching it, I'm just going with the flow.
Gil, you're so completely full of shit. The line you used was coined by your own NDSU people at 6:25 of this video: https://www.facebook.com/NDSUathletics/ ... 656604623/

And they completely made up the "people out east are saying this". No, nobody here is saying it.

This game is not even close to the biggest nonconference game at Delaware Stadium.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:Bluehens.com Link

NEWARK, Del. – To say September 14, 2019 is one of the most anticipated non-conference match-ups to ever be played at Delaware Stadium is an understatement
:lol: An anonymous 19 year old kid working for the SID trying to build excitement for a program that hasn't had any for a long time. Yeah, that's reliable. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

This game is so huge you can still buy tickets in a GREATLY reduced capacity stadium.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The only games that sell out at UD any more are Homecoming, Parents Day and the occasional Band Day, where they give tickets to 5,000 HS band students. And none of those are guaranteed sellouts.

We're a student body of primarily NJ, PA, MD, and NY students who have a home university they probably care more about for sports. They do not give a rat's ass about FCS opponents. I'm not saying I like it, but it's the truth.

Plus we have the Philadelphia Eagles 40 miles up I-95. And the Baltimore Ravens 60 miles the other way. Redskins, Giants, and Jets if you want to tack another 75 miles on. NFL > NCAAF in this area. By a lot.
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:This game is so huge you can still buy tickets in a GREATLY reduced capacity stadium.
In the words of Joan Baez, "We'll be lucky to get out of town."
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:The only games that sell out at UD any more are Homecoming, Parents Day and the occasional Band Day, where they give tickets to 5,000 HS band students. And none of those are guaranteed sellouts.

We're a student body of primarily NJ, PA, MD, and NY students who have a home university they probably care more about for sports. They do not give a rat's ass about FCS opponents. I'm not saying I like it, but it's the truth.

Plus we have the Philadelphia Eagles 40 miles up I-95. And the Baltimore Ravens 60 miles the other way. Redskins, Giants, and Jets if you want to tack another 75 miles on. NFL > NCAAF in this area. By a lot.
.......and FCS is down. Sorry to hear about the NFL being so popular in your area. My condolences.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

That's true too. FCS is way down with Georgia Southern and App State gone and Delaware and Montana and Youngstown choosing to drop to D2 this decade.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:We're a student body of primarily NJ, PA, MD, and NY students who have a home university they probably care more about for sports. They do not give a rat's ass about FCS opponents. I'm not saying I like it, but it's the truth.

Yup, but when I was there I didn't know anyone from those states who rooted for their "home team" for college sports. I remember TONS of Giants, Yankees, Mets and Skins fans. You are right that pro sports dominate the scene except for the folks in PA that care more about Penn State, but those diehards either never went to college or stayed in PA.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote:That's true too. FCS is way down with Georgia Southern and App State gone and Delaware and Montana and Youngstown choosing to drop to D2 this decade.
And the Delaware Wolverines not selling out football games, who da thunk!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm looking forward to this one. I think it's interesting to have North Dakota State traveling long distance like that. They haven't done that much. I wish there were more home and home non conference series like this.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:I'm looking forward to this one. I think it's interesting to have North Dakota State traveling long distance like that. They haven't done that much. I wish there were more home and home non conference series like this.
Just finished a home and home with EWU, Montana before that. Other home and homes were with Sam Houston, Mississippi Valley St, Nichols, Northwestern St, Georgia Southern, Weber St, etc.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote:
93henfan wrote:That's true too. FCS is way down with Georgia Southern and App State gone and Delaware and Montana and Youngstown choosing to drop to D2 this decade.
And the Delaware Wolverines not selling out football games, who da thunk!
Uh, that would be the Delaware Tigers to be correct. Stop it with your MWB (Midwest bias). :rofl:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

Hey I was at the UD athletic fields last Sunday. WTF is going on on the highway side of the stadium? New field house with a horrible view?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote:Hey I was at the UD athletic fields last Sunday. WTF is going on on the highway side of the stadium? New field house with a horrible view?
Stadium enhancement with a new Athletic Performance Center that will be up against the West stands (the ones that you see from the road). At the top is just the pressbox (don't think there's anything up there except for media seating). The APC will not have any views of the field. Instead, they have a lounge inside the APC that has basically a club (TV's, a bar, better food, better restrooms, etc). And the West stands now have chairbacks and drink holders in the 3 middle sections and the same thing in an enhanced box seat section but with cushions on those seats. The seats are comfortable and nice. They'll finish the APC and pressbox before the start of next season.

https://sites.udel.edu/freas-ppd/projec ... ic-center/

Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

andy7171 wrote:Hey I was at the UD athletic fields last Sunday. WTF is going on on the highway side of the stadium? New field house with a horrible view?
Shut up, dillweed.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

93henfan wrote:
Shut up, dillweed.
Seriously. What's getting built? -- nevermind, GF answered, like a human.

BillK would loved to have seen MaryCate7171 running the wall pointing into the stands. No flags then either!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

andy7171 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Shut up, dillweed.
Seriously. What's getting built? -- nevermind, GF answered, like a human.

BillK would loved to have seen MaryCate7171 running the wall pointing into the stands. No flags then either!
I'm confused and is there video?
Make Delaware Football Great Again
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bluehenbillk wrote:
andy7171 wrote: Seriously. What's getting built? -- nevermind, GF answered, like a human.

I'm confused and is there video?
And is there also video of Red? :winky:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Let’s have it straight. Exactly how bad are the Hens? Why do Hen fans take pride and brag about their empty stadium and poor team?

Sounds like all your games have cheap tickets. That’s no measure of how big the game is, it’s a measure of the poor performance and community disinterest.

Delaware is apparently a self admitted unsuccessful program with few fans. just about any game that gets some interest is a big game for the Hens. The millions of Bison fans attending, watching and listening make it big for you.

Hen fans seem uncomfortable on the big stage provided by The BISON.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JBB wrote:Let’s have it straight. Exactly how bad are the Hens? Why do Hen fans take pride and brag about their empty stadium and poor team?

Sounds like all your games have cheap tickets. That’s no measure of how big the game is, it’s a measure of the poor performance and community disinterest.

Delaware is apparently a self admitted unsuccessful program with few fans. just about any game that gets some interest is a big game for the Hens. The millions of Bison fans attending, watching and listening make it big for you.

We're terrified. :thumb: And your fishing skills suck. :lol:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Vote now for Heisman troph. Trey Lance #1 for now.

http://promo.espn.com/espn/contests/nis ... sman/2019/
Last edited by JBB on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

93henfan wrote:
JBB wrote:Let’s have it straight. Exactly how bad are the Hens? Why do Hen fans take pride and brag about their empty stadium and poor team?

We're terrified. :thumb: And your fishing skills suck. :lol:
Cool.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:I'm looking forward to this one. I think it's interesting to have North Dakota State traveling long distance like that. They haven't done that much. I wish there were more home and home non conference series like this.
Just finished a home and home with EWU, Montana before that. Other home and homes were with Sam Houston, Mississippi Valley St, Nichols, Northwestern St, Georgia Southern, Weber St, etc.
Don’t forget the 7 trips to Frisco, Iowa, Kansas State etc.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

The back Easter’s are so excited about this game their pants are about half full, which is no surprise to them. So is their stadium, also no surprise.

$36 gen admin bleacher seats only available inside the 20s but their is a catch. You have to buy mini packs including the NDSU game to get inside. That’s always a sign of a big game. Shades of SDSU, which no longer does that for the Bison game. They like to sell tickets in Brookings.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/udelaw ... ils/FB1902

The Tubby Raymond seats 22,000.

Hopefully not too many of the disagreeable Delaware fans here will be attending without some kind of attitude adjustment. It could be a great atmosphere and a good time.

Maybe they hit 11,000. I’m taking the over for what they are telling us is the Hens biggest game since at least 1970.

How safe is the Raymond tubby? It’s pretty old, built on the cheap and it looks like they are hammering away at it pretty good. Looks like Mankatos D2 stadium only bigger.

This will be the second meeting and probably the last. I can’t see them coming back for more after this, unless they need money. Then they will be back in Fargo for a single game.