Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-14

Post by JALMOND »

I've had a pair of 11-1 weeks so far. The conference is still in the midst of the non-conference slate. Here is my attempt this week at perfection.

CP at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Mustangs have looked fine so far this season and now head out to play a Pac-12 patsy. They may have a shot at getting this game if they play near perfect and Oregon State helps them out...Oregon State 31, CP 27.

EWU at Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley)---The Eagles defense has struggled at times. Washington was forgivable but last week? The offense may need to score enough points to cover the defense and they may not get enough this game...Jacksonville State 38, EWU 31.

UI at Wyoming (FBS Mtn West)---Two surprising teams in their respectable levels, but for the wrong reasons. Vandals struggled to put a DII team away last week. Maybe they were still feeling the effects of Penn State. Or maybe not...Wyoming 48, UI 7.

ISU at Utah (FBS Pac-12)---The Bengals are coming off a game that they did what they were supposed to do. They are not supposed to be competitive in this game against a top tier FBS team, but they can make it interesting...Utah 42. ISU 14.

UM at Oregon (FBS Pac-12)---Hard to believe these two played in the same conference a long time ago. If Oregon tries to sleepwalk through this, the Grizzlies can make them pay. But Oregon got their wakeup call last week...Oregon 49, UM 14.

MSU at Western Illinois (Mo Valley)---Have the Bobcats solved their quarterback issues from the beginning of the season? If they have, going on the road into Missouri Valley country should be nothing to be worried about...MSU 33, Western Illinois 28.

Western New Mexico (DII) at NAU---The Lumberjacks may love shootouts for awhile, at least until the defense gets it feet under them. Giving up 51 points in a half is certainly not good, but the offense seems to be...NAU 52, Western New Mexico 35.

UNC at SAC---Another non-conference game involving two conference teams. The Hornets defense kept a Pac-12 team pretty much under wraps. The offense had a field day the week before. The Bears looked impressive against San Jose State, but not too well against Washington State...SAC 28, UNC 14.

PSU at Boise State (FBS Mtn West)---The Vikings stayed within striking distance of their last FBS opponent and have a history of playing Boise State tough, even on the blue field. They still seem to find ways to lose the game, like they should...Boise State 31, PSU 10.

Stephen F Austin (Southland) at SUU---The Thunderbirds still are trying to get on track, but it hasn't been working. Hopefully bringing in a lower Southland foe will result in better opportunities. Or better chances to find ways to lose...Stephen F Austin 21, SUU 14.

Lehigh (Patriot) at UCD---After holding their own against a resurgent Cal team and looking somewhat lost against a Pioneer League squad, the Aggies bring in a team from the east for their home opener. Maybe an easier time for things...UCD 38, Lehigh 14.

WSU at Nevada (FBS Mtn West)---Just two weeks ago, the Wildcats held a Mountain West team to 6 points. Their defense seems strong but can they do it again and get the offense back on track, like they did last week?...Nevada 21, WSU 16.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-14

Post by SDHornet »

OSU
EWU
Wyo
Utah
Nike U
MSU
NAU
Sac
Boise
SFA
dungpile
Nevada
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

OSU 42, CP 10 (OSU is susceptible to "scalp hunters," but not Cow Poly.)
EWU 42, Jax St 27
Wyo 37, Idalol 0
Utah 56, Bungles 13
Oregon 28, Griz 24
WIU 35, Kitties 17
NAU 49, WNM 15
Sac 63, UNC 0
Boise 49, PSU 31 (PSU has a history of taking "scalps," but Boise isn't susceptible like OSU can be.)
SFA 42, SUU 3
Lehigh 35, Manure Pile 2
BBQ 43, UNR 42 3OT (I hate to do this to my favorite OL coach, but there it is....)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:I've had a pair of 11-1 weeks so far. The conference is still in the midst of the non-conference slate. Here is my attempt this week at perfection.

CP at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Mustangs have looked fine so far this season and now head out to play a Pac-12 patsy. They may have a shot at getting this game if they play near perfect and Oregon State helps them out...Oregon State 31, CP 27.

EWU at Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley)---The Eagles defense has struggled at times. Washington was forgivable but last week? The offense may need to score enough points to cover the defense and they may not get enough this game...Jacksonville State 38, EWU 31.

UI at Wyoming (FBS Mtn West)---Two surprising teams in their respectable levels, but for the wrong reasons. Vandals struggled to put a DII team away last week. Maybe they were still feeling the effects of Penn State. Or maybe not...Wyoming 48, UI 7.

ISU at Utah (FBS Pac-12)---The Bengals are coming off a game that they did what they were supposed to do. They are not supposed to be competitive in this game against a top tier FBS team, but they can make it interesting...Utah 42. ISU 14.

UM at Oregon (FBS Pac-12)---Hard to believe these two played in the same conference a long time ago. If Oregon tries to sleepwalk through this, the Grizzlies can make them pay. But Oregon got their wakeup call last week...Oregon 49, UM 14.

MSU at Western Illinois (Mo Valley)---Have the Bobcats solved their quarterback issues from the beginning of the season? If they have, going on the road into Missouri Valley country should be nothing to be worried about...MSU 33, Western Illinois 28.

Western New Mexico (DII) at NAU---The Lumberjacks may love shootouts for awhile, at least until the defense gets it feet under them. Giving up 51 points in a half is certainly not good, but the offense seems to be...NAU 52, Western New Mexico 35.

UNC at SAC---Another non-conference game involving two conference teams. The Hornets defense kept a Pac-12 team pretty much under wraps. The offense had a field day the week before. The Bears looked impressive against San Jose State, but not too well against Washington State...SAC 28, UNC 14.

PSU at Boise State (FBS Mtn West)---The Vikings stayed within striking distance of their last FBS opponent and have a history of playing Boise State tough, even on the blue field. They still seem to find ways to lose the game, like they should...Boise State 31, PSU 10.

Stephen F Austin (Southland) at SUU---The Thunderbirds still are trying to get on track, but it hasn't been working. Hopefully bringing in a lower Southland foe will result in better opportunities. Or better chances to find ways to lose...Stephen F Austin 21, SUU 14.

Lehigh (Patriot) at UCD---After holding their own against a resurgent Cal team and looking somewhat lost against a Pioneer League squad, the Aggies bring in a team from the east for their home opener. Maybe an easier time for things...UCD 38, Lehigh 14.

WSU at Nevada (FBS Mtn West)---Just two weeks ago, the Wildcats held a Mountain West team to 6 points. Their defense seems strong but can they do it again and get the offense back on track, like they did last week?...Nevada 21, WSU 16.
A defense like Weber can keep us in check but not one that gives up 34 to SELA. If they do I’ll give them all the credit in the world but I think if JSU wins this it will either be a shootout with both teams in the 40’s+ or we turn it over a bunch.

We also should get 6’4” 320 lb Keith Moore back at DT this week which should free up our edge guys a bit. The safeties do need to get better at over the top help and closing quicker in the flats tho.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

EWU 38-42 Jax StateThe Gamecocks rebounded a bit last week

Portland St. 10-48 BoiseNo more close games for the Viks until they go to Pocatello…

Cal Poly 27-49 Oregano St.Jermar Jefferson could have a field day in this one

Lehigh 10-41 DavisThe Patriot League is bad, folks

NoCo 17-35 Sac State (NC) — We don't know if Sac is good yet, but we have a pretty good idea about UNC

Idaho 3-38 WyomingThis is actually Idaho's first game against Wyoming as a I-AA/FCS team

Idaho St. 13-56 UtahWhere would the Idaho State athletic department be without paycheck games?

SFA 28-38 SuutahThe T-Birds got handled by UNI, while the Lumberjacks are coming off a DII loss :?

Weber 10-27 NevadaNevada could be demoralized, I guess, but they did beat a Big Ten team in week 1

wnmu 10-60 NAUThe 'Jacks have a history of hammering DIIs… will that continue under the new coach?

Montana 17-61 OreganoI'm too lazy to think up an original score

Montana St. 27-20 Willynois — I picked WIU to win this in the preseason, but they haven't looked good thus far

Sam Houston 28-30 NoDakKetteringham is still out, but NoDak's home-field advantage is sizable
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

SuperHornet wrote: Oregon 28, Griz 24)
l
m
a
o
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:I've had a pair of 11-1 weeks so far. The conference is still in the midst of the non-conference slate. Here is my attempt this week at perfection.

I picked the wrong team in the SFA/SUU overtime thriller. Another 11-1 week, puts me at 33-3 so far.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:EWU 38-42 Jax StateThe Gamecocks rebounded a bit last week

Portland St. 10-48 BoiseNo more close games for the Viks until they go to Pocatello…

Cal Poly 27-49 Oregano St.Jermar Jefferson could have a field day in this one

Lehigh 10-41 DavisThe Patriot League is bad, folks

NoCo 17-35 Sac State (NC) — We don't know if Sac is good yet, but we have a pretty good idea about UNC

Idaho 3-38 WyomingThis is actually Idaho's first game against Wyoming as a I-AA/FCS team

Idaho St. 13-56 UtahWhere would the Idaho State athletic department be without paycheck games?

SFA 28-38 SuutahThe T-Birds got handled by UNI, while the Lumberjacks are coming off a DII loss :?

Weber 10-27 NevadaNevada could be demoralized, I guess, but they did beat a Big Ten team in week 1

wnmu 10-60 NAUThe 'Jacks have a history of hammering DIIs… will that continue under the new coach?

Montana 17-61 OreganoI'm too lazy to think up an original score

Montana St. 27-20 Willynois — I picked WIU to win this in the preseason, but they haven't looked good thus far

Sam Houston 28-30 NoDakKetteringham is still out, but NoDak's home-field advantage is sizable

Still perfect on the year…. :mrgreen:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote:OSU
EWU
Wyo
Utah
Nike U
MSU
NAU
Sac
Boise
SFA
dungpile
Nevada
Missed EWU and SUU.

Given EWU's lack of fielding a defense this year, I'm starting to like our chances against them in 3 weeks.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
SDHornet wrote:OSU
EWU
Wyo
Utah
Nike U
MSU
NAU
Sac
Boise
SFA
dungpile
Nevada
Missed EWU and SUU.

Given EWU's lack of fielding a defense this year, I'm starting to like our chances against them in 3 weeks.
We’re already missing some bullets and the depth isn’t there yet. We did contain JSU fairly well though in regards to yardage and keep Cooper under 50% completions but our secondary is a concern.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

SDHornet wrote:
Hah! So long million game losing streak!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Silenoz wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
Hah! So long million game losing streak!
Was hoping for the "so there's a chance" Dumb and Dumber meme but I guess that works to.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

SDHornet wrote:
Silenoz wrote: Hah! So long million game losing streak!
Was hoping for the "so there's a chance" Dumb and Dumber meme but I guess that works to.
I was talking about us