Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Political discussions
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by css75 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote: Not true, JSO posts are just so long and convoluted I just don’t bother with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That one wasn't convoluted at all. Very direct. And mostly pictures.

The guy is an atrocity. Having him as President humiliates the United States. It makes us the laughing stock of the planet.

A 2 term atrocity. The only thing worse would be one of those lib Dolts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
css75 wrote: Not true, JSO posts are just so long and convoluted I just don’t bother with them.

The guy is an atrocity. Having him as President humiliates the United States. It makes us the laughing stock of the planet.
But he’s appointing great justices at all levels, so there’s that.

Oh, and the economy. :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

I think it’s hilarious that this Alabama thing bothers you so. Are you just jealous he didn’t include Louisiana? :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Now we have evidence of something that I was concerned about early on. It's the risk that Trump will pressure scientific agencies to distort analysis in order to support his positions. Here it is:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/politics ... index.html

Now, let's revisit Trump's tweet:

Now let's look at NHC's tropical storm force wind speed probabilities forecast as of the time when Trump tweeted that:

It shows a 5 to 10 percent chance that TROPICAL STORM FORCE winds might impact the southeastern corner of Alabama. So 90 to 95% chance the State won't be impacted at all and if it is it'll be tropical storm force winds in a small portion in the Southeast corner.

Now let's look at the HURRICANE force wind speed probabilities forecast as fo the time Trump tweeted that:

Obviously nowhere near Alabama.

This is bad. We now have what appears to be "smoking gun" evidence of Trump corrupting scientific agencies. There is no way what Trump tweeted was accurate. There was no indication at all that Alabama would be hit hard. But now we have NOAA issuing a "rebuke" of one of its local offices that said so at the time.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote:Hey JSO what's your address? I'll buy you a Trump sharpie. :lol:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/ ... int-marker
You would seriously spend 15 bucks to buy that?
Could I ever be a star?

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I think he wants a MAGA hat instead.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:Hey JSO what's your address? I'll buy you a Trump sharpie. :lol:

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/ ... int-marker

For you, yes. But you would have to post pictures of you using it in daily life. Plus I would consider it a donation to Trump's re-election in your honor.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

“It’s as if South Park planned this whole thing out.”

:lol:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... -location/

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

A Mississippi event hall has come under fire after an employee cited “our Christian race” and “our Christian belief” as reasons why it refused to allow a wedding for an interracial couple.

LaKambria Welch told Deep South Voice magazine on Sunday that she drove to Boone’s Camp Event Hall in Booneville after the venue told her brother via Facebook that he wouldn’t be allowed to hold his upcoming nuptials there “because of [the company’s] beliefs.”

Welch said she wanted to hear firsthand why her brother — who is black and is engaged to a white woman — had been rebuffed by the venue. Welch said she was horrified when a company employee explained.

In a video filmed by Welch and posted on Facebook, a woman identified as someone who worked at the event hall said the venue did not allow LGBTQ or interracial couples to host weddings there.

“First of all, we don’t do gay weddings or mixed race, because of our Christian race — I mean, our Christian belief,” the woman is heard telling Welch in the clip.

“Okay, we’re Christians as well,” Welch responds. “So what in the Bible tells you that ...”

The woman interrupts: “Well, I don’t want to argue my faith. We just don’t participate. We choose not to.”

The video quickly went viral. Amid the ensuing backlash, Boone’s Camp Event Hall deleted its Facebook page before reinstating it on Sunday, Newsweek reported.

The owner of the venue then posted an apology on Facebook, explaining they had met with their pastor and discovered no Bible passage forbidding interracial marriage.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/mississi ... soc_trk=fb

:roll: :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

For you, yes. But you would have to post pictures of you using it in daily life. Plus I would consider it a donation to Trump's re-election in your honor.
How about you send me 15 bucks then I'll buy it. Promise.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

How about you send me 15 bucks then I'll buy it. Promise.
You're as corrupt a confidence man as Trump is!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
A Mississippi event hall has come under fire after an employee cited “our Christian race” and “our Christian belief” as reasons why it refused to allow a wedding for an interracial couple.

LaKambria Welch told Deep South Voice magazine on Sunday that she drove to Boone’s Camp Event Hall in Booneville after the venue told her brother via Facebook that he wouldn’t be allowed to hold his upcoming nuptials there “because of [the company’s] beliefs.”

Welch said she wanted to hear firsthand why her brother — who is black and is engaged to a white woman — had been rebuffed by the venue. Welch said she was horrified when a company employee explained.

In a video filmed by Welch and posted on Facebook, a woman identified as someone who worked at the event hall said the venue did not allow LGBTQ or interracial couples to host weddings there.

“First of all, we don’t do gay weddings or mixed race, because of our Christian race — I mean, our Christian belief,” the woman is heard telling Welch in the clip.

“Okay, we’re Christians as well,” Welch responds. “So what in the Bible tells you that ...”

The woman interrupts: “Well, I don’t want to argue my faith. We just don’t participate. We choose not to.”

The video quickly went viral. Amid the ensuing backlash, Boone’s Camp Event Hall deleted its Facebook page before reinstating it on Sunday, Newsweek reported.

The owner of the venue then posted an apology on Facebook, explaining they had met with their pastor and discovered no Bible passage forbidding interracial marriage.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/mississi ... soc_trk=fb

:roll: :lol:
:lol: Idiots...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

There's a statement by McConnell in the story at https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconne ... d=65509755 that relates to a pet peeve of mine. It's this:
My members know the very simple fact that to make a law you have to have a presidential signature,
It's not a simple fact. It's not a fact. The fact is that Congress does NOT need a presidential signature to make a law. And people like McConnell ought to act like it.

If he doesn't like legislation fine. Say so. But don't act like Congress can't make law without Presidential concurrence because it can.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:There's a statement by McConnell in the story at https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconne ... d=65509755 that relates to a pet peeve of mine. It's this:
My members know the very simple fact that to make a law you have to have a presidential signature,
It's not a simple fact. It's not a fact. The fact is that Congress does NOT need a presidential signature to make a law. And people like McConnell ought to act like it.

If he doesn't like legislation fine. Say so. But don't act like Congress can't make law without Presidential concurrence because it can.
Not without a veto override they can't.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:There's a statement by McConnell in the story at https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mcconne ... d=65509755 that relates to a pet peeve of mine. It's this:

You are going over JSO’s head,he still needs to learn why the EC exists,

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Of course. But the statement "...to make a law you have to have a presidential signature" is false. If the Republicans don't want to do anything on "gun control" they should just say so. Don't say they need to have the President agree in order to do anything. There is nothing at all to stop them, if they wanted to, from working with the Democrats to identify things both sides could agree on and develop a 2/3 majority. Then they could go to the President and say "sign this or we will override your veto."

Don't flipping bold faced lie to the US population with that "...to make a law you have to have a presidential signature..." crap. Congress is the most powerful branch. It does not need Presidential concurrence.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Miscellaneous news items that don't warrant their own thread

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Of course. But the statement "...to make a law you have to have a presidential signature" is false. If the Republicans don't want to do anything on "gun control" they should just say so. Don't say they need to have the President agree in order to do anything. There is nothing at all to stop them, if they wanted to, from working with the Democrats to identify things both sides could agree on and develop a 2/3 majority. Then they could go to the President and say "sign this or we will override your veto."

Don't flipping bold faced lie to the US population with that "...to make a law you have to have a presidential signature..." crap. Congress is the most powerful branch. It does not need Presidential concurrence.
Congress USED to be a powerful branch... before they abrogated all their power to the President because you can’t keep your cushy DC job with your constituents when you actually do your job

That’s why the executive has the unfettered ability to take us to war (see Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq I, Iraq II, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria), levy tariffs, and tell executive brach agencies to ignore those all powerful laws that your all powerful Congress passes (see DACA for starters)

Congresscritters don’t want to go back to Peoria and defend the above ^^^^^ so they just let the Prez do it

Congress is the WEAKEST branch because they willingly made themselves so -

paycheck over country

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:“It’s as if South Park planned this whole thing out.”

:lol:

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... -location/

I think I will eat at my local chik fil a today.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

The tolerance crowd at its best today.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

So Trump says that the idea that he is willing to negotiate with Iran with no preconditions is "fake news." See https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... udi-strike.
Trump tweets that "The Fake News is saying that I am willing to meet with Iran, 'No Conditions.' That is an incorrect statement."
That article has Administration officials saying the opposite. But there is more. Trump told Chuck Todd on "Meet the Press" that there were no preconditions. See https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... s-n1020386.

The guy is not credible. Please, please you people who are conservatives who support this guy: Come to your senses.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Hey, Klam, your boy Snowden, that super-patriot, has asked Macron for asylum in France. Mon Dieu! :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... e-new-deal
Virginia coach Tony Bennett declined to take a raise while extending his contract by another year.

The Cavaliers announced the extension Monday, saying Bennett asked for the money to be used to pay his staff more and for improvements to both his program as well as other Virginia teams.

"[My wife] Laurel and I are in a great spot, and in the past I've had increases in my contract," Bennett said in the news release. "We just feel a great peace about where we're at, all that's taken place, and how we feel about this athletic department and this community and this school. I love being at UVA.
:notworthy:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... e-new-deal
Virginia coach Tony Bennett declined to take a raise while extending his contract by another year.

The Cavaliers announced the extension Monday, saying Bennett asked for the money to be used to pay his staff more and for improvements to both his program as well as other Virginia teams.

"[My wife] Laurel and I are in a great spot, and in the past I've had increases in my contract," Bennett said in the news release. "We just feel a great peace about where we're at, all that's taken place, and how we feel about this athletic department and this community and this school. I love being at UVA.
:thumb: Class move.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Nice! :thumb:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Classy move by Bennett. :clap:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17