Total votes: 35

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Impeachment Poll

Post by Col Hogan »

Ibanez wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:So choice #1 should be read as “impeached but not convicted”?

Or “impeached by House but not voted on in Senate” (as suggested by 93)?
No I thought about that. There is no way the Reps don’t bring it to a vote. I don’t think they’d be that foolish.

But stranger things have happened.

Read an article this evening in which some GOP consultant claims that a Republican Senator told him of the vote were secret, then about 30 Republicans would vote to impeach. Cowards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that they are cowards...

But I believe there are several Democratic House members who wish they could vote in a secret ballot because their constitutants are Trump supporters...I read an article in The NY Times the other day where a reporter went to several union meetings in PA...a vast majority of the members voted for Trump in 2016, and intend to vote for him again in 2020...

One member put it this way...”I still register as a Democrat because of my union membership...but the Democratic Party has gone too far left for me...I supported the President in 2016, and I’ll vote for him again in 2020...”

I bet the democratic representative from those districts wish they could vote secretly...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff2 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You’ve said the same thing in three posts across two threads in the last 10 minutes

Facts are boring...and repetitive.

Coming from such a fact challenged person I’m not surprised by you, Jearf

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Pee on butt.

But, it doesn't matter, he won't be convicted. Impeachment will hopefully help speed subpoenas through the court and give House Committees a stronger case.
A stronger case that Biden and his son were involved in influence peddling while Biden was the sitting VPOTUS?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Chizzang wrote:The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Col Hogan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: No I thought about that. There is no way the Reps don’t bring it to a vote. I don’t think they’d be that foolish.

But stranger things have happened.

Read an article this evening in which some GOP consultant claims that a Republican Senator told him of the vote were secret, then about 30 Republicans would vote to impeach. Cowards.

I agree that they are cowards...

But I believe there are several Democratic House members who wish they could vote in a secret ballot because their constitutants are Trump supporters...I read an article in The NY Times the other day where a reporter went to several union meetings in PA...a vast majority of the members voted for Trump in 2016, and intend to vote for him again in 2020...

One member put it this way...”I still register as a Democrat because of my union membership...but the Democratic Party has gone too far left for me...I supported the President in 2016, and I’ll vote for him again in 2020...”

I bet the democratic representative from those districts wish they could vote secretly...

There's no doubt. And one of the largest Police Unions in the country just endorsed him again. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Chizzang wrote:The "Trump Resigns" option will never happen... he'd rather die that relinquish control

I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

If he wants to gamble on 2020 and loses, he'll definitely be arrested (and likely convicted).
10 points of overt obstruction...
that nobody cared to read in the report and two campaign finance illegalities

but who's counting
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote: If I was king for a day, I would have Trump resign and Kasich run in 2020.
No. We need someone that will keep the pedal to the metal. In baseball terms, Kasich is a singles hitter and an average fielder. We need someone with home run power and cat-like quickness in the field. Someone like......

Print that photo and paste it on your cabinets and fridge, and you will never get fat.
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

He will resign after he is NOT impeached and NOT convicted.

No reason to put the USA in this mess with an impeachment without conviction. The Dims should make President Cheetos sweat it out with a 'moderate liberal' plan of good gov't, consistency, and transparency (good luck with that).

On April 1st, 2020, tHump will resign and close his campaign. My understanding is that the fund balance of the revenues of the campaign are effectively tax-free for the candidate upon such closure.

Yeah. He is that kind of douche.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Aho Old Guy wrote:He will resign after he is NOT impeached and NOT convicted.

No reason to put the USA in this mess with an impeachment without conviction. The Dims should make President Cheetos sweat it out with a 'moderate liberal' plan of good gov't, consistency, and transparency (good luck with that).

On April 1st, 2020, tHump will resign and close his campaign. My understanding is that the fund balance of the revenues of the campaign are effectively tax-free for the candidate upon such closure.

He'd have to either return campaign contributions or transfer. He can't raise the money and then pocket it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

After he spends $1B+ **closing-out** his campaign **expenses** (nod-nod wink-wink) ...
He could leave it to Vice President Hey-Zeus and Liberty U.
Ibanez wrote:
Aho Old Guy wrote:He will resign after he is NOT impeached and NOT convicted.

He'd have to either return campaign contributions or transfer. He can't raise the money and then pocket it.
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote:

What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.
He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

He pretty much risks extradition if he goes to Ireland, or anywhere someone would want to go.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I don't know, he might want to resign. Resigning gives Pence the option to pardon him so he can live his life overseas in relative freedom. There's probably others tied to Trump who are in self-preservation mode right now, and might be advising him to do it so they can get pardons as well.

I guess seppuku is too much to ask for? Lol

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: What’s the least likely scenario for him to be perceived as a “Loser”? That’s the one he’ll likely follow. His lifelong tendency to “double down” on slights (real or imagined) and to emphasize “winning” at all costs leads me to think that he’ll pursue a scorched-earth approach to 2020, at least for now. But if the evidence looks bleak for him, he may “declare victory” and retire to Ireland or some other tax haven. At his core, he’s a self-preserving coward.
He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

He pretty much risks extradition if he goes to Ireland, or anywhere someone would want to go.
Unless he is pardoned by Pence.

Watch him pardon Manafort and Stone, resign then be pardoned by Pence.

Actually - if that were to occur how great would it be if Pence grew a set and didn’t pardon?

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

I'm assuming the NY AG will get him if he's in the US.

Actually can someone be extradited for state charges if pardoned for federal crimes?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

CAA Flagship wrote:Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.
The only pardon is going to be when Trump tells Pelosi to step aside (pardon me) after he drops the mic

This is a pipe dream
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Christie had better fix his pant cuffs. SMH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Boy you guys are spooging all over the place now

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You’ve said the same thing in three posts across two threads in the last 10 minutes

The Republican Party is totally corrupt right now.
Ok JSOCD..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Arrested and convicted for what? Pissing off libtards like you?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: He definitely wants to go to a country with bad US relations. Our allies think little of him already and there's no way any friendly nation protects Trump to risk their relationship with the US.

Watch him pardon Manafort and Stone, resign then be pardoned by Pence.

Actually - if that were to occur how great would it be if Pence grew a set and didn’t pardon?

Pardoned for what?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote:Not sure where the pardon talk is coming from. According to CNN about 10 minutes ago, there is no criminality yet. Everything is political to this point.
Yep.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:Boy you guys are spooging all over the place now

Speculation is fun! :nod:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.