Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by kalm »

And the unraveling begins...

“Rudy...can’t fail...oh no”

:rofl:
Even among the president’s closest allies, Giuliani is now the subject of scorn. When I reached him by phone this morning, following House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s release of the full whistle-blower complaint at the center of the Ukraine scandal, he was, put simply, very angry.

“It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” Giuliani told me.

“I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government,” he continued, sounding out of breath. “Anything I did should be praised.”

Giuliani unleashed a rant about the Bidens, Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, Barack Obama, the media, and the “deep state.” He has spoken freely about all these topics since the moment he became a surrogate in Trump’s 2016 campaign. Giuliani has aired far-right conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton’s health on national television. He has discussed his convictions about alleged Biden-family corruption with Trump in the White House residence. Still, until the Ukraine scandal broke, Trump’s allies were almost uniformly supportive of Giuliani to reporters, and current and former administration officials would often praise him for his loyalty
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... vered+this
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
There should be a record of every conversation a President has in their official capacity. I can't believe anyone would argue otherwise.
Ok, so you say a POTUS shouldn’t be able to have a private conversation (in their official capacity).
That’s why I asked you. It’s an interesting question, ain’t it?

But it’s not just a conversation, it’s policy related. We’ll give you $400m which you can use to buy weapons from my donors...as long as you help me bury my opposition...

For the good of the country of course.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Ok, so you say a POTUS shouldn’t be able to have a private conversation (in their official capacity).

But it’s not just a conversation, it’s policy related. We’ll give you $400m which you can use to buy weapons from my donors...as long as you help me bury my opposition...

Anything that is recorded can be leaked (see all the leaks in 2017).
If you’re a leader of a foreign country you’re going to be hesitant to have a frank convo with the POTUS if you know its being recorded and there’s a chance it could be leaked.

If we lived in a fairy tale land where it could be recorded with ZERO % chance of a leak, then it would be ok to have it recorded.
But the only way to 100% insure against leaks is to not have it recorded in any way.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:

If you’re a leader of a foreign country you’re going to be hesitant to have a frank convo with the POTUS if you know its being recorded and there’s a chance it could be leaked.

If we lived in a fairy tale land where it could be recorded with ZERO % chance of a leak, then it would be ok to have it recorded.
But the only way to 100% insure against leaks is to not have it recorded in any way.
So trust your government...

I see...

:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

So trust your government...

I see...

:lol:
No. Don’t trust the govt not to leak.. :nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:We'll see how it shakes down but after Schiff's quotes of the Trump phone call I'm leaning towards:

You mean Schiff’s made up quotes of the Trump call :dunce: :rofl:
Where’s the beef for your NOTHING BURGER? :lol: :rofl:
css75
Level3
Level3

The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by css75 »

That was a brilliant work of fiction by Schiff today. For the kalms of the world that means he made it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

css75 wrote:That was a brilliant work of fiction by Schiff today. For the kalms of the world that means he made it up.

Schiff is one guy on the Democrat side that I'd like to punch in the face. Pompous ass that believes his own bullshit.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Aho Old Guy
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Tweetsee
A.K.A.: Evil & Nastie

Post by Aho Old Guy »

:notworthy:

Hear them sayin'
How you get a rude and a reckless?
Don't you be so crude and a feckless
You been drinking brew for breakfast
Rudie can't fail

Long Live The Clash
kalm wrote:And the unraveling begins...

Even among the president’s closest allies, Giuliani is now the subject of scorn. When I reached him by phone this morning, following House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff’s release of the full whistle-blower complaint at the center of the Ukraine scandal, he was, put simply, very angry.

“It is impossible that the whistle-blower is a hero and I’m not. And I will be the hero! These morons—when this is over, I will be the hero,” Giuliani told me.

“I’m not acting as a lawyer. I’m acting as someone who has devoted most of his life to straightening out government,” he continued, sounding out of breath. “Anything I did should be praised.”

Giuliani unleashed a rant about the Bidens, Hillary Clinton, the Clinton Foundation, Barack Obama, the media, and the “deep state.” He has spoken freely about all these topics since the moment he became a surrogate in Trump’s 2016 campaign. Giuliani has aired far-right conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton’s health on national television. He has discussed his convictions about alleged Biden-family corruption with Trump in the White House residence. Still, until the Ukraine scandal broke, Trump’s allies were almost uniformly supportive of Giuliani to reporters, and current and former administration officials would often praise him for his loyalty
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... vered+this
"But the damned and the guiltiest among you are the men who had the capacity to know, yet chose to blank out reality, the men who were willing to sell their intelligence into cynical servitude..."
- John Galt
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Yeah after 2017 I bet every conversation with a foreign leader was moved to a secure server with all the liberal leakers in the WH..

Trumps only mistake was having a non private conversation with president of Ukraine.
Cynically, that might happen and probably needs to. But are you ok with President Warren privately negotiating deals on your behalf?
That's poor wording for a good question. Any deal she makes would be public eventually. It's rare that the public knows exactly how it was negotiated.
But with regard to private conversations, the problem is that there is more than one party in the conversation. Do you think the other parties want all conversations recorded? Without private conversations, there may be nothing of substance ever said.
So my answer to your question is, yes, I'm OK with President Warren privately negotiating deals on my behalf.
(emphasis on "private" and not "President Warren" :kisswink: )
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote:
css75 wrote:That was a brilliant work of fiction by Schiff today. For the kalms of the world that means he made it up.

Schiff is one guy on the Democrat side that I'd like to punch in the face. Pompous ass that believes his own bullshit.
That was unbelievable. When Trump goes low, he goes lower.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:And the unraveling begins...

Rudy will accidentally confess to something on air that gets Trump in even more trouble.

I guess in that regard, he could be a hero...until he also winds up in jail.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:We'll see how it shakes down but after Schiff's quotes of the Trump phone call I'm leaning towards:

You mean Schiff’s made up quotes of the Trump call :dunce: :rofl:
Oops...I was half listening while doing some work and I guess it was actually a parody that I took literally :oops: (along with some conks, apparently :lol: )

https://www.newsweek.com/adam-schiff-pa ... ll-1461579

So I guess your outrage here is justified. How dare a politician stoop to this level! Governmenting is dignified serious business!

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:

If you're the POTUS, which is more stupid?: You run your mouth when you know the NSA is listening to every word you're saying.. :lol:

or

You hire Rudy G. to cover it up? :rofl:

And now he just made sure that if he goes down Pence is going with him. :lmao:

Remember when one of our more prescient posters mentioned that Bernie was going to be a problem for the democrats in the '16 primary? Of course you do, because it was the same one that first mentioned president Pelosi. :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: You mean Schiff’s made up quotes of the Trump call :dunce: :rofl:
Oops...I was half listening while doing some work and I guess it was actually a parody that I took literally :oops: (along with some conks, apparently :lol: )

So I guess your outrage here is justified. How dare a politician stoop to this level! Governmenting is dignified serious business!

You believe Schiff’s parody excuse now that he got called out? :dunce:
Schiff isn’t capable of parody.. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote:

You believe Schiff’s parody excuse now that he got called out? :dunce:
Schiff isn’t capable of parody.. :lol:
He literally started with:
"This is the essence of what the president communicates," Schiff said
So...yeah. It was a parody or paraphrasing.

If it’s made up shit, there’s one simple solution...release the transcripts and find the 6 people who went to the whistleblower regarding not only what was in the call but the extra effort by Whitehouse council to hide the transcript.

Easy peasy!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: If it’s made up shit, there’s one simple solution...release the transcripts and find the 6 people who went to the whistleblower regarding not only what was in the call but the extra effort by Whitehouse council to hide the transcript.
*White
*House

Yeah, she's the one, the only one, built like an amazon
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote: If it’s made up shit, there’s one simple solution...release the transcripts and find the 6 people who went to the whistleblower regarding not only what was in the call but the extra effort by Whitehouse council to hide the transcript.
*White
*House

*auto
*correct

*douche
*bag
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: *White
*House

*auto
*correct

*douche
*bag
*Mr. Douche Bag
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:

Still some damned fine looking toast tho. :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Toast like that is good for one thing only. Dripping with butter to mop runny eggs up with. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Toast like that is good for one thing only. Dripping with butter to mop runny eggs up with. :nod:
:nod: :nod:

I like to just put the runny eggs right on top of the toast and eat that way. :king:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

I like to just put the runny eggs right on top of the toast and eat that way. :king:
My brotha!

:nod:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Damn, I love eggs. But they fly through me like gluten through a Palousian. :ohno:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:

He currently serves as the chairman of the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. He shouldn't be parodying when the transcripts have been released...even if they weren't. To make up a conversation, that you actually believed, shows how bad it really was.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz