Post by 89Hen »

Rather skinny slate.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: I-A Game of the Week - WEEK NINE

Post by Gil Dobie »

Wisconsin's loss to Illinois takes some of the luster off that game.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Auburn- LSU. Because SEC.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SEC whomps. The best conference in college football is the Big Sky. End of report....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Tulane at Navy

LA Tech at UTEP

Liberty at Rutgers

The first one, at least, is a battle of 5-2 vs. 5-1. The only thing really in favor of the second is the presence of my former position coach at UTEP. The third at least pits a team with a decent record against a nominal Big Ten. (Admittedly, said school has no business in the Big Ten. They're only there to ensure a money-making championship game. Bogus reasoning in my book..)

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

SuperHornet wrote:Tulane at Navy

LA Tech at UTEP

Liberty at Rutgers

The first one, at least, is a battle of 5-2 vs. 5-1. The only thing really in favor of the second is the presence of my former position coach at UTEP. The third at least pits a team with a decent record against a nominal Big Ten. (Admittedly, said school has no business in the Big Ten. They're only there to ensure a money-making championship game. Bogus reasoning in my book..)
Right on cue. :lol:

Jersey State will curb-stomp the Flying Falwells.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

OK. Who saw the ending of the Texas Tech/Kansas game. I don’t believe I’ve EVER seen a game end like that.

Tie score, 34-34. KU attempts a 40 yard FG to win, with 12 seconds on the clock.

Tech BLOCKS the FG, recovers the ball and attempts to run it back, fumbling in the process.

KU recovers the fumble, gets the ball back with :02 left on the clock and kicks a 37 yard FG to win the game.

Unfucking real. Tech cannot buy a break this year.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

Ivytalk wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Tulane at Navy

LA Tech at UTEP

Liberty at Rutgers

Right on cue. :lol:

Jersey State will curb-stomp the Flying Falwells.
While "Jersey State" did win the game, I'd hardly classify that as a "curbstomping." SMH....

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote:OK. Who saw the ending of the Texas Tech/Kansas game. I don’t believe I’ve EVER seen a game end like that.

Tie score, 34-34. KU attempts a 40 yard FG to win, with 12 seconds on the clock.

Tech BLOCKS the FG, recovers the ball and attempts to run it back, fumbling in the process.

KU recovers the fumble, gets the ball back with :02 left on the clock and kicks a 37 yard FG to win the game.

Unfucking real. Tech cannot buy a break this year.
Saw the highlights of that. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SuperHornet wrote:While "Jersey State" did win the game, I'd hardly classify that as a "curbstomping." SMH....
Anyone losing to Rutgers is a curbstomping. Pretty sure there are some HS teams that could beat them.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet

Post by SuperHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:While "Jersey State" did win the game, I'd hardly classify that as a "curbstomping." SMH....
Anyone losing to Rutgers is a curbstomping. Pretty sure there are some HS teams that could beat them.
Concord-De La Salle....