Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The left is sick

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
JBB wrote:
Minneapolis a dangerous s**t hole. Even the dogs are being attacked and dog parks booby-trapped. In the meantime the latest violence to actually make the lying media a group of black Muslims attacked whites waiting for the light rail. They were armed with hammers. Nothing to see here folks. This is a sanctuary. Everything is fine. Not a terrorist hate crime just some crazy youths. :lol:

Ps. Try not to use their airport. It It is confusing with long long lines and dirty. It is more corrupt that the democrat leftist running the crap pile they created from a once beautiful city.. You can still have a nice time there if you have money and stay in protected buildings but most are just playing the odds it won’t happen to them.

The lutheran churches including our town are sanctuary buildings. These are no longer churches, just buildings used in their enormous human trafficking operations making them tens of millions in tax payer dollars.

One of our school buildings and land were sold to the muslims. Built with taxpayer dollars and sold for pennys. If a Christian were to have prayed out loud in that building they would have been arrested. try saying a prayer at a football game. Now Christians aren’t even allowed in
Setting aside JBB's poo flinging...what happens when Muslims gain majority control of a school board?

Will the Christians defend their "right" to put God back in schools?
I predict that half of them will reverse their thinking to a more libertarian bent

The other half will remind ys that America was founded as a Christian nation and it should remain that way

And we’ll all knuckle under in the name of the “melting pot” which hasn’t existed in 50 year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Setting aside JBB's poo flinging...what happens when Muslims gain majority control of a school board?

Will the Christians defend their "right" to put God back in schools?
I predict that half of them will reverse their thinking to a more libertarian bent

The other half will remind ys that America was founded as a Christian nation and it should remain that way

And we’ll all knuckle under in the name of the “melting pot” which hasn’t existed in 50 year

As Thomas Dalrymple recently said about London, the USA is now more of a “stir fry” country than a melting pot. Different groups always maintain their own identities.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

As Thomas Dalrymple recently said about London, the USA is now more of a “stir fry” country than a melting pot. Different groups always maintain their own identities.
Or in short,

we can’t get along

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:
89Hen wrote: Correct. Laws are codified morals, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the community in which you live decides what is moral or not, just like the community decides which morals should turn into law.
But just because a moral hasn't turned into a law, it does not mean that 100% of the community is OK with it. And even the ones that do turn into laws, I'm sure some people are OK with it.

Would you walk through a shopping mall wearing the middle finger shirt? I wouldn't. And I probably wouldn't think too highly of a person that would. I chuckle at the idea of someone wearing it though. But that is where my moral line is drawn. Others would have a different break point. That is where the personal opinion thing comes in. Maybe most are against it, but it just hasn't risen to the level of pursuing a law banning it yet.
I think we have a disconnect. I in NO WAY said 100% of the community agrees with morals. That's not even a doubt for anyone. However, morals ARE determined by the community as a whole. If it were up to the individual to define what is and isn't moral would be a HUGE problem. There couldn't be any morals or laws if that were the case. There are plenty of people who thing it's morally OK to eat dogs. 44 of 50 states, it's perfectly legal to eat dogs. But our community as a whole has decided it's immoral. Many Asian countries think differently as a community.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Can the majority be immoral? :coffee:
Not really, because it is the majority that decides what is moral for that community. That's not to say the majority can't change to the other side. But once they change, that becomes the new moral.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:Can the majority be immoral? :coffee:
Not really, because it is the majority that decides what is moral for that community. That's not to say the majority can't change to the other side. But once they change, that becomes the new moral.
So morality doesn’t matter. Sharia Law is moral.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Not really, because it is the majority that decides what is moral for that community. That's not to say the majority can't change to the other side. But once they change, that becomes the new moral.
Where?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Where?
Minneapolis. Ann Arbor.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Where?
Minneapolis. Ann Arbor.
I thought it was Dearborn.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: Where?
Minneapolis. Ann Arbor.
Tell me more. Seriously, I'm not up to speed on this. Has the city government declared Sharia law? Or are you talking about a small group that wants it?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
Minneapolis. Ann Arbor.
Tell me more. Seriously, I'm not up to speed on this. Has the city government declared Sharia law? Or are you talking about a small group that wants it?
According to JSO’s Bible, PolitiFact, no American city, town or neighborhood is governed by Sharia law as of September 2019.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote:
89Hen wrote: Tell me more. Seriously, I'm not up to speed on this. Has the city government declared Sharia law? Or are you talking about a small group that wants it?
According to JSO’s Bible, PolitiFact, no American city, town or neighborhood is governed by Sharia law as of September 2019.
I wasn’t saying that they currently are. It could happen someday. And it would be moral. Interesting notion.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
I wasn’t saying that they currently are. It could happen someday. And it would be moral. Interesting notion.
It would be moral for their community if that's what their community decides. As an outsider, we can disagree with the morality of it, but it doesn't make it immoral for them.

Hopefully I'm articulating my position on this. I'm quite sure I am correct on this one for a change.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: As Thomas Dalrymple recently said about London, the USA is now more of a “stir fry” country than a melting pot. Different groups always maintain their own identities.
Or in short,

we can’t get along
Is our inability to get along permanent or just part of a cycle?

Will our "stir fry" stay that way or will children and grandchildren intermarry and the lines between groups blur like they have in the past?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
kalm wrote:
It would be moral for their community if that's what their community decides. As an outsider, we can disagree with the morality of it, but it doesn't make it immoral for them.

Hopefully I'm articulating my position on this. I'm quite sure I am correct on this one for a change.
I get what you’re saying. It’s an interesting debate. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
89Hen wrote: It would be moral for their community if that's what their community decides. As an outsider, we can disagree with the morality of it, but it doesn't make it immoral for them.

I think it's also interesting that we have two distinct sides competing to define morality. On one side we have religious conservatives fighting for what they would consider traditional values (against abortion, marriage between a man and a woman, gun rights, no drugs, etc.). On the other side we have SJWs fighting for what they consider progressive values (minority and sexual rights, sanctuary, gun restrictions, against white "privilege", etc.).
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Or in short,

we can’t get along

Will our "stir fry" stay that way or will children and grandchildren intermarry and the lines between groups blur like they have in the past?
If we were somehowto become the Mocha States of America, where everybody looked like Barack Obama with better ears, tribalism may abate somewhat, but there are just too many racial/ethnic/political fault lines in the USA to keep the stir fry from becoming a kumbaya purée. :twocents:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

I really lost track on where we are in this "moral" debate.
Can we just agree that kalm was wrong?
Thank you.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
I think it's also interesting that we have two distinct sides competing to define morality. On one side we have religious conservatives fighting for what they would consider traditional values (against abortion, marriage between a man and a woman, gun rights, no drugs, etc.). On the other side we have SJWs fighting for what they consider progressive values (minority and sexual rights, sanctuary, gun restrictions, against white "privilege", etc.).
And they're trying to win over folks who are neither religious conservatives nor SJW's. Probably what makes it so hard.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote:I really lost track on where we are in this "moral" debate.
Thank you.
:lol: Technically it was 88 that was wrong on this one. Individuals do not decide what is moral. Groups do.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

89Hen wrote:
Thank you.
:lol: Technically it was 88 that was wrong on this one. Individuals do not decide what is moral. Groups do.
For the in-groups, but not for the out-groups.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote:
Thank you.
I was? Sh!t, there's a first time for everything.

But I define my own morality and refuse to let any group do it for me. Does that make me wrong or a sociopath?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

If we were somehowto become the Mocha States of America, where everybody looked like Barack Obama with better ears, tribalism may abate somewhat, but there are just too many racial/ethnic/political fault lines in the USA to keep the stir fry from becoming a kumbaya purée. :twocents:
But we've been here before with German, Irish and even swarthy Italian immigrants. With protestants vs. catholics. We've had division over slavery, civil rights, Vietnam, etc. and gotten past it. Is it worse now? Why?

People don't melt into the pot immediately, their children and grandchildren do.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:
89Hen wrote: :lol: Technically it was 88 that was wrong on this one. Individuals do not decide what is moral. Groups do.
I was? Sh!t, there's a first time for everything.

But I define my own morality and refuse to let any group do it for me. Does that make me wrong or a sociopath?
Not as long as what you decide is moral goes along with what your community has already decided.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
But we've been here before with German, Irish and even swarthy Italian immigrants. With protestants vs. catholics. We've had division over slavery, civil rights, Vietnam, etc. and gotten past it. Is it worse now? Why?
Press one for English and I'll tell you.