I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
meanwhile:
Trumps headed to a rally in the midwest where he can talk about himself
Stop acting like Trump invented that. :roll: :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Well well

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... -sanctions

So Iran has a temper tantrum, pirating ships, shooting down drones, and even attacking Saudi Arabia.... because they were counting on France, Germany, and the UK to continue to support the original “deal”.

Then after the attack on the Saudi oil facilities, France Germany and the UK issue statements that Iran was responsible

Suddenly Iran is singing a different tune. They grossly miscalculated and vaulted themselves right back into pariah status overnight

Trump should demand they enter into treaty negotiations and make it clear that sanctions relief is dependent on the signing of a nuclear nonproliferation treaty. Doubtful that he will, because he’ll want a quick “win”, and of course he likes “deals” too.... but if Lindsey has any juice at all with Trump he should be pushing this
It's cute how you still think Trump is capable of doing something not entirely neurotic and myopic...

:lol:

meanwhile:
I could care less who does it. If President Warren did it I’d applaud her too. The Iran “deal” was an embarrassing political farce and every day we were in it was an insult to anybody’s intelligence

(Warren wouldn’t have done it though- that was just a thought exercise... she’d have told us JSO-style how it was working)

I’m sure Trump had all kinds of conspiracy theory crap running through his head when he withdrew from the “deal” and probably had no idea how it would go. But now here we are and the way forward is clear.

You should be optimistic about the possible outcome here but oddly you don’t seem to be
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
meanwhile:
Example:
Obama had one political rally in his first year in office
Trump had 10

That seems noticeably different... and worthy of mention
Since we also did spend 8 years talking about how often Obama golfed

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Example:
Trump had 10

Did I ever tell my Obama golf story? I’m sure I did on here somewhere
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Example:
Trump had 10

So?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Example:
Trump had 10

You expected him to play like Tiger, but he didn't?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
You expected him to play like Tiger, but he didn't?
Well, I expected him to play better than he did on the one hole where I watched him
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
It's cute how you still think Trump is capable of doing something not entirely neurotic and myopic...

meanwhile:
I agree that Trump is neurotic, myopic and a number of other things but where would we likely be with Hillary or someone else as POTUS? My guess is either capitulating in hopes of convincing Iran to settle down or raising the alarm and sending in the __th Fleet and racheting up the tensions and likelihood of an actual conflict. I'll take Trump's lack of follow through over either of those and I don't care if his business interests are what drives his administration in the right direction.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I don't think you believe your own bullshit - Capitulating? The woman who has killed dozens with her bare hands? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You want to see capitulating you can see the textbook definition in color in the pictures from Helsinki where Trump walks behind Putin with his head down and just stands there in his dumpy suit reminiscent of the ones worn by old Soviet Politburo hacks while Putin does the talking - except for a few seconds where he tells the reporters that he believes Vladimir, not US intelligence agencies. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Example:
Trump had 10

So?
It is funny how the outrage over a POTUS wasting time by playing golf has vanished.

Probably coincidence. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
So?
It is funny how the outrage over a POTUS wasting time by playing golf has vanished.

Maybe it's because work is getting done. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: RE: Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I agree that Trump is neurotic, myopic and a number of other things but where would we likely be with Hillary or someone else as POTUS? My guess is either capitulating in hopes of convincing Iran to settle down or raising the alarm and sending in the __th Fleet and racheting up the tensions and likelihood of an actual conflict. I'll take Trump's lack of follow through over either of those and I don't care if his business interests are what drives his administration in the right direction.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I don't think you believe your own bullshit - Capitulating? The woman who has killed dozens with her bare hands? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You want to see capitulating you can see the textbook definition in color in the pictures from Helsinki where Trump walks behind Putin with his head down and just stands there in his dumpy suit reminiscent of the ones worn by old Soviet Politburo hacks while Putin does the talking - except for a few seconds where he tells the reporters that he believes Vladimir, not US intelligence agencies. :ohno:
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
So?

Actually,I had no problem with Obama golfing. I always figured he could do less damage there than in the WH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

css75 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Actually,I had no problem with Obama golfing. I always figured he could do less damage there than in the WH.

Same. And I feel much the same about Trump. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Yeah, but you see Obama's a douche 'cause he's a well-educated, well-spoken, family-oriented man.

Can't have people like that as President.
Obama was just one big ass disappointment. All the nice talk and optics mean nothing if your policies don't benefit the average American...

...this goes for pretty much any President on any side of the aisle.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You had to let go of Trump's dick for 30 seconds to say that. Are you OK?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, if you haven't noticed, the United States is less great now than it was on November 7, 2016.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Yeah, but you see Obama's a douche 'cause he's a well-educated, well-spoken, family-oriented man.

Can't have people like that as President.
Obama was just one big ass disappointment. All the nice talk and optics mean nothing if your policies don't benefit the average American...

The average American was better off at the end of the Obama Administration then the average American was at the beginning of it. However, on a macro level, the Executive Branch (President) is not the policy setting Branch. Congress is the policy setting branch. The Congress makes the laws. The President has some power in that regard in that they can veto. But Congress has the ultimate authority in that it can override. Congress can make law without the President. The President cannot make law at all.

The Executive Branch (President) is the IMPLEMENTING Branch. The Executive Branch is responsible for IMPLEMENTING the laws Congress passes.

At least that's the design. And that's why this attitude of seeing the President as a ruler pisses me off so much. That's not the way it's supposed to be. The President is just supposed to implement the Constitution and the laws. Oh...they ARE the Commander in Chief of the military. But only Congress is SUPPOSED to have the authority to declare war.

The design is that Congress, not the Executive, is the pre-eminent branch of government. We've strayed way too far from the design.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Obama was just one big ass disappointment. All the nice talk and optics mean nothing if your policies don't benefit the average American...

The average American was better off at the end of the Obama Administration then the average American was at the beginning of it. However, on a macro level, the Executive Branch (President) is not the policy setting Branch. Congress is the policy setting branch. The Congress makes the laws. The President has some power in that regard in that they can veto. But Congress has the ultimate authority in that it can override. Congress can make law without the President. The President cannot make law at all.

The Executive Branch (President) is the IMPLEMENTING Branch. The Executive Branch is responsible for IMPLEMENTING the laws Congress passes.

At least that's the design. And that's why this attitude of seeing the President as a ruler pisses me off so much. That's not the way it's supposed to be. The President is just supposed to implement the Constitution and the laws. Oh...they ARE the Commander in Chief of the military. But only Congress is SUPPOSED to have the authority to declare war.

The design is that Congress, not the Executive, is the pre-eminent branch of government. We've strayed way too far from the design.
Somebody didn't watch their Schoolhouse Rock cartoons on Saturday mornings

The three branches are co-equal

That's why they are called the "three co-equal branches of the Federal government"
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

I have learned that if you read one of JSO’s post periodically, then you don’t have to read any more of them for several days as they all say the same thing.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Obama was just one big ass disappointment. All the nice talk and optics mean nothing if your policies don't benefit the average American...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You had to let go of Trump's dick for 30 seconds to say that. Are you OK?
Still mad that he is still your President? :lol: 8-)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

lol

Trump campaign responsible for 15% of all overdue debt owed to city of El Paso
https://cbs4local.com/news/cbs4-special ... of-el-paso
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

That's why they are called the "three co-equal branches of the Federal government"
I tell you, I'm worried about JSO, he wasn't this dumb a few years ago. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I tell you, I'm worried about JSO, he wasn't this dumb a few years ago. :ohno:
TDS will do that to a person.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:

This sounds like a D-minus report in ninth grade civics. What is true is that Congress has ceded too much authority to the Executive, because Congress is a bunch of spineless pricks and twats. The system wasn’t designed that way. :dunce:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

mainejeff2 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:lol

Trump campaign responsible for 15% of all overdue debt owed to city of El Paso
https://cbs4local.com/news/cbs4-special ... of-el-paso
Trump doesn't pay for anything. :thumb:
According to the Center for Public Integrity, presidential campaign committees "are not generally obligated by federal law to pay public safety-related bills sent to them by municipalities that host presidential candidates' campaign rallies," and President Barack Obama "often did not pay such bills during his 2012 reelection campaign."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/06/politics ... index.html

Sounds like most don't and are not required too. :coffee:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

mainejeff2 wrote:
GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/06/politics ... index.html

Sounds like most don't and are not required too. :coffee:
Right.....like I said.....Trump doesn't pay for anything.

:coffee:
You missed the point.......
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow: