2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Post by 93henfan »

Can't win games when the Dakota boys fumble on the first two drives.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Howie is not the problem...
Its not easy having depth and top quality starters
You win a superbowl and everybody wants to get paid

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:Can't win games when the Dakota boys fumble on the first two drives.
Agreed, game was almost over once it was 14-0. Can't start that way. Can't blame Carson for his though, Lane got burned.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:Can't win games when the Dakota boys fumble on the first two drives.
Agreed, game was almost over once it was 14-0. Can't start that way. Can't blame Carson for his though, Lane got burned.
Absolutely. Carson's wasn't his fault, though he's not setting the world on fire either. The post-game presser suit he chose was his fault though. WTF?

Goedert has been immensely disappointing all year, with the dropped passes and fumbles. He's starting to move into Agholor territory.

And I really don't see another 2018 turnaround. This team is just plain bad. They got real old, real fast. Remember when the O-line was this team's rock?
bluehenbillk
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: elaware

Post by bluehenbillk »

Chizzang wrote:Howie is not the problem...
Its not easy having depth and top quality starters
You win a superbowl and everybody wants to get paid

:nod:
Really?

Look at the Eagles drafts the past half dozen years or so...Chip Kelly was the last guy that brought actual talent in through the draft! This team has got older & shallower and one guy is responsible for that - Howie!!!
Make Delaware Football Great Again
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Doug looked good on his prediction, they are however, better than the Broncos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

This move is getting a lot of attention...
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:This move is getting a lot of attention...
Meh. Graham did his job on that play, which is impressive for a defensive end 40 lbs heavier than Elliott. He turned him inside like he was supposed to.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Nothing like an AFC East cupcake team to get you right again. :notworthy:

Eagles just destroying the 5-1 Bills, 31-13 late.

Man, it must be nice playing the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins for six of your games every year. They're terrible. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Season saved, for now. Next up are Bears, bye, Pats, and Seahawks. All at home, but not an easy schedule.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

93henfan wrote:Nothing like an AFC East cupcake team to get you right again. :notworthy:

Man, it must be nice playing the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins for six of your games every year. They're terrible. :lol:
Playing those teams in the AFC East is like an extended pre-season. Heck, getting to play those teams three times every 4 years seems too much, I can't imagine when you are stuck playing that slop 6 times every year.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Season saved, for now. Next up are Bears, bye, Pats, and Seahawks. All at home, but not an easy schedule.
It's all there for them, though. You don't have to leave the state for the entire month of November, and then your next road game is a layup in south Florida against the hapless Dolphins. And then you finish the season with 4 NFC East games. The Bears are stumbling, and you get two weeks to prep for the Pats. And the cowboys play a tougher schedule the rest of the way. It hasn't been pretty, and even a division title means a home game with no bye and having to win in either San Fran or New Orleans, or both, but it's better than not being in the hunt at all.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Eagles pick up help on the D Line...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brow ... TSL9Zn8PWw
The Cleveland Browns announced they have traded pass rusher Genard Avery to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for an undisclosed 2021 draft pick.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Thank you Eagles, for supporting Bison Football.

Spoiler: show
Yes, he lost the bet with Wentz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

FlyPA

Eagles and Goose Island ...

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news ... -champions

Trolling the Patriots with beer. Whatcha got Sam Adams?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:FlyPA

They picked an appropriate brewery. Mediocre beer for a mediocre team.... :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:
UNI88 wrote:FlyPA

They picked an appropriate brewery. Mediocre beer for a mediocre team.... :coffee:
Stodgy is probably a better word than mediocre. But as 89 and I have discussed that's probably true of all successful craft breweries. They become successful and keep doing what got them there while the craft brewing world leaves them behind. Goose Island is a craft brewing pioneer and deserve a little respect though.

They have brewed some cutting edge beers. Their Bourbon County Stouts were excellent and I'm not a fan of Belgian beer but their Belgian ladies (Sofie, Matilda, etc.) were very popular.

They started the craft brewing movement in Chicago and Chicago has at least 2 things going for it. It has more breweries than any other city in the US (or did less than a year ago) and JBB thinks it's dirty and unsafe.

Goose Island was founded by John Hall, Northern Iowa class of 1964!
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
Stodgy is probably a better word than mediocre. But as 89 and I have discussed that's probably true of all successful craft breweries. They become successful and keep doing what got them there while the craft brewing world leaves them behind. Goose Island is a craft brewing pioneer and deserve a little respect though.

They have brewed some cutting edge beers. Their Bourbon County Stouts were excellent and I'm not a fan of Belgian beer but their Belgian ladies (Sofie, Matilda, etc.) were very popular.

They started the craft brewing movement in Chicago and Chicago has at least 2 things going for it. It has more breweries than any other city in the US (or did less than a year ago) and JBB thinks it's dirty and unsafe.

If I had know that they were started by a UNI grad I would of said some other things. :D ;)

Stodgy is a good word to describe their approach. Another word I would use is staid.

Their Bourbon County Stouts were very good. I still have a bottle or two I think somewhere. And their Belgian's are nice and solid examples of the style. Sofia is one I probably enjoy the most out of their Belgium offerings. And I am a big Belgian fan.

Their Pale Ale (Green LIne) and IPA's are pretty average IMHO. Out of a brewery that can make a good Belgium and that understands the process, I was not really impressed with them. Maybe I had too high of expectations. I still drink them every now and then to see if my tastes/opinion will change.

My impression of the brewery is that they are content to produce a good average product that sells well. Which there is nothing wrong with that and I do not have a issue recommending their beer to people getting started with the craft side of things. Both the IPA, 312, and Green Line are nice low key versions of their respective styles. I think the sale to AB/InBev really hurt their creative process and which is why they haven't came out with anything really new in quite some time.

A good brewery is like a good football team. You need to have a few things that you do well and keep in your playbook, but you also have to be able to throw some new stuff in the mix every now and then, otherwise you fall by the wayside.

New Belgium and Rogue are two breweries that I think are good examples of the above. They still put out innovative products while maintaining their core beers.

In full disclosure I am a massive beer snob. :D Goes with the full beard and wearing flannel. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

If I had know that they were started by a UNI grad I would of said some other things. :D ;)

Stodgy is a good word to describe their approach. Another word I would use is staid.

Their Bourbon County Stouts were very good. I still have a bottle or two I think somewhere. And their Belgian's are nice and solid examples of the style. Sofia is one I probably enjoy the most out of their Belgium offerings. And I am a big Belgian fan.

Their Pale Ale (Green LIne) and IPA's are pretty average IMHO. Out of a brewery that can make a good Belgium and that understands the process, I was not really impressed with them. Maybe I had too high of expectations. I still drink them every now and then to see if my tastes/opinion will change.

My impression of the brewery is that they are content to produce a good average product that sells well. Which there is nothing wrong with that and I do not have a issue recommending their beer to people getting started with the craft side of things. Both the IPA, 312, and Green Line are nice low key versions of their respective styles. I think the sale to AB/InBev really hurt their creative process and which is why they haven't came out with anything really new in quite some time.

A good brewery is like a good football team. You need to have a few things that you do well and keep in your playbook, but you also have to be able to throw some new stuff in the mix every now and then, otherwise you fall by the wayside.

New Belgium and Rogue are two breweries that I think are good examples of the above. They still put out innovative products while maintaining their core beers.

In full disclosure I am a massive beer snob. :D Goes with the full beard and wearing flannel. :thumb:
I had my first craft beer in the summer of 1985 and have been drinking them ever since.

You, Pols, 89, Ibanez and I (and a few others that I'm missing) need to get together and bring our favorite beers.

Staid is also a good word and I agree on their IPAs. I think Goose Island was started in 88 so they hit that wall earlier than a lot of brewers but almost all of the successful ones seem to hit it. I remember loving Bell's Two-Hearted when it first came out because it was one of the hoppiest beers around now it barely registers. Dogfish Head was cutting edge for longer than most but they seem to have slipped into complacency. My favorite beers are IPAs and creamy porters/stouts so I'm not a fan of New Belgium and Rogue is ok. Stone has probably stayed at the edge the longest in recent memory.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:
I had my first craft beer in the summer of 1985 and have been drinking them ever since.

You, Pols, 89, Ibanez and I (and a few others that I'm missing) need to get together and bring our favorite beers.

Staid is also a good word and I agree on their IPAs. I think Goose Island was started in 88 so they hit that wall earlier than a lot of brewers but almost all of the successful ones seem to hit it. I remember loving Bell's Two-Hearted when it first came out because it was one of the hoppiest beers around now it barely registers. Dogfish Head was cutting edge for longer than most but they seem to have slipped into complacency. My favorite beers are IPAs and creamy porters/stouts so I'm not a fan of New Belgium and Rogue is ok. Stone has probably stayed at the edge the longest in recent memory.
I would be down for that party anytime, anywhere. Would be happy to bring a beer or three to share. :thumb:

Bells Two Hearted is a good beer and I also remember those days of it being the hoppiest on tap. :nod:

Stone is a very consistent and very good brewery. They managed somehow to walk the line between new and old products. Highly recommend their autobiography on brewing. Very entertaining read on how they got started and how they named some of their beers.

My go to's are Pale Ales/Kolsch/Amber's in the summer and Porters/Stouts (preferable on Nitro) in the winter. Then any Sour, Belgium, aged beer anytime of the year.

IPA's for me are hit and miss. I like a hoppy well balanced one. If it just hops, I tend to pass on them.

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
93henfan wrote:Nothing like an AFC East cupcake team to get you right again. :notworthy:

Playing those teams in the AFC East is like an extended pre-season. Heck, getting to play those teams three times every 4 years seems too much, I can't imagine when you are stuck playing that slop 6 times every year.
Correct me if I'm wrong here...
but aren't the AFC East and the NFC East 4 and 4 against each other this season..?

So I'm going to need you to explain more about how that works

:lol:

and while you're at it
explain why the AFC east has won more games that any other division since the realignment

:coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
but aren't the AFC East and the NFC East 4 and 4 against each other this season..?

I can only call the games I watch, and the Eagles just breezed through the Jets and 5-1 Bills like it was a scrimmage with a local junior college. You know, kind of like the Patriots do six times per year. It's a great situation for them.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

I can only call the games I watch, and the Eagles just breezed through the Jets and 5-1 Bills like it was a scrimmage with a local junior college. You know, kind of like the Patriots do six times per year. It's a great situation for them.
Seems like a great situation for the Eagles as well
I mean the NFC East is a shambles right now
8-8 might win that division (9-7 for sure)

:shock:

If all you have to do is find a way to beat a Dallas team that lost to the Jets - that's seems easy to do
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

and while you're at it
explain why the AFC east has won more games that any other division since the realignment

That is not true, the AFC West is the only division with all 4 teams over.500 all time. The NFC East has the best total playoff record.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

css75 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

and while you're at it

That is not true, the AFC West is the only division with all 4 teams over.500 all time. The NFC East has the best total playoff record.

So you're saying Chizzy might be wrong? I mean, this topic doesn't involve Comcast, so it is likely Chizzy doesn't know what he's talking about.