Political discussions
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by Winterborn »

93henfan wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:Robert Francis has dropped out of the race...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/01/us/p ... s-out.html
I guess somebody else will be taking my AR-15.
And he was such a likable guy too. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

A reasonable move. Now we'll see if he ends up running for Senate. Yes, I know he's indicated he won't. But it's a nothing to lose sort of thing for the Democrats if they can convince him to run.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:

A reasonable move. Now we'll see if he ends up running for Senate. Yes, I know he's indicated he won't. But it's a nothing to lose sort of thing for the Democrats if they can convince him to run.
Well, John, with your impeccable Democrat credentials, you’re just the man to talk him into it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Well, John, with your impeccable Democrat credentials, you’re just the man to talk him into it.
As you know, I am not a Democrat. However, we are a point in history right now where an overwhelming defeat of the Republican Party would be good for the country. In fact the country really needs for that to happen. The Republican Party has now shown itself to be a totally corrupt institution that needs to be consigned to irrelevance. In that regard, I would like to see Beto run for the Senate in Texas. The odds are against him winning but he would probably be the best chance of defeating the Republican.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:
As you know, I am not a Democrat. However, we are a point in history right now where an overwhelming defeat of the Republican Party would be good for the country. In fact the country really needs for that to happen. The Republican Party has now shown itself to be a totally corrupt institution that needs to be consigned to irrelevance. In that regard, I would like to see Beto run for the Senate in Texas. The odds are against him winning but he would probably be the best chance of defeating the Republican.
I don’t know that, John. You say you’re no longer a Republican, and you back any Democrat with a pulse (and a few without). If it walks like a Donk and talks like a Donk....
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I don’t know that, John. You say you’re no longer a Republican, and you back any Democrat with a pulse (and a few without). If it walks like a Donk and talks like a Donk....
If I was ever a Republican, I was not recently. I have been registered as a Libertarian for as long as I can remember. At the same time, I was born in 1957 and can only remember one case in my lifetime where i voted for a Democrat prior to 2016. And I am a person who votes in every election local, state and national.

I did not vote Republican because I thought the Republican Party is great. I did it because I thought it was the lessor of two evils among realistic choices. That has changed. I now see the Democrat Party as the lessor of two evils as the Republican Party has really plunged into darkness in association with this Trump thing. Just completely thrown any semblance of integrity out the window and is all in with a totally corrupt, dishonest, and mentally ill guy.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I don’t know that, John. You say you’re no longer a Republican, and you back any Democrat with a pulse (and a few without). If it walks like a Donk and talks like a Donk....
If I was ever a Republican, I was not recently. I have been registered as a Libertarian for as long as I can remember. At the same time, I was born in 1957 and can only remember one case in my lifetime where i voted for a Democrat prior to 2016. And I am a person who votes in every election local, state and national.

I did not vote Republican because I thought the Republican Party is great. I did it because I thought it was the lessor of two evils among realistic choices. That has changed. I now see the Democrat Party as the lessor of two evils as the Republican Party has really plunged into darkness in association with this Trump thing. Just completely thrown any semblance of integrity out the window and is all in with a totally corrupt, dishonest, and mentally ill guy.
Yup, and you’ll throw your alleged Libertarian principles to the wind by supporting any unremitting statist that the Donks put up. So much for integrity.

Pop quiz: can you name three Libertarian Party candidates for POTUS without Googling them?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: I don’t know that, John. You say you’re no longer a Republican, and you back any Democrat with a pulse (and a few without). If it walks like a Donk and talks like a Donk....

You calling yourself a Libertarian while supporting any Dem candidate currently in the field is just as incongruent as Republicans supporting runaway deficit spending under Trump

You just make it sound as though you are ill yourself when you try to reconcile that.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff2 wrote:Some of you guys just can't take the fact that some people will not support the Republican Party as long as it blindly supports an anti-American criminal like Trump.

:coffee:
I don’t support the Republican Party either, Jearf

But I also don’t abandon conservative principles just because the GOP has

This is one of many distinctions that understandably escape you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:

He's not running for the Senate. All of his goofy comments about taking people's guns have pretty well ended that.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
He's not running for the Senate. All of his goofy comments about taking people's guns have pretty well ended that.
Glad his 15 minutes of fame are over. Heard that psycho Kamala Harris was closing up shops in the NE too...so hopefully she’s done as well.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

AZGrizFan wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Glad his 15 minutes of fame are over. Heard that psycho Kamala Harris was closing up shops in the NE too...so hopefully she’s done as well.
Heard that too. She's staking it all on Iowa. Lucky us!
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

HI54UNI wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I was thinking the same thing - he may have torpedoed his chances in Texas pandering to the national progressive vote - and guns are still a third rail

especially in Texas

Hopefully we’ve heard the last of this whiny beta

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Well, she’ll always have Willie Brown! :lol:

She can also cling to the hope that Biden or Harris will choose her for VPOTUS. Woman of color and all that.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

It's like shes making this shit up as she goes along. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: It's like shes making this shit up as she goes along. :lol:
:shock: :dunce: :dunce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Absolute proof she has zero idea how the real world works.

Seriously, how does someone get THAT clueless?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff2 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
More "psycho" than Donald J. Trump?

:coffee:
Yes. Without question.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:

She was a professor and then a politician. The last time she may have experienced the real world was in the early to mid 70's. Which of course, is now people refer to her age.I'm not voting for an old person this time around. Time to move on to the next generation and see if they can do any better. The bar's been pretty well lowered by the Boomers so decent chance.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Looks like Trump isn’t the only one with a “Mexico will pay for it” policy

css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Just curious, but aren’t auto insurance and car insurance the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
...It’s coming for your guns and disposable income?

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:Looks like Trump isn’t the only one with a “Mexico will pay for it” policy

Except with the wall were talking billions. With Pocahontas’s health care plan are talking 10s of trillions, 52 trillion over 10 years to be exact..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Question: If Creepy Joe gets the POTUS nomination, would he choose septuagenarian white chick Warren to get the hopey-changey vote out, or 50-something mixed race chick Caramel Harris to get the minority vote out?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Pop quiz: can you name three Libertarian Party candidates for POTUS without Googling them?
If you're talking about for the current cycle, no. If you're talking about Libertarian candidates running in general elections in the past, yes.

I am registered as a Libertarian because a higher proportion of my own positions are held by the Libertarian Party than are held by Democrat or Republican Parties. I am not involved in Libertarian Party processes like selecting candidates. And, as I've said before, I will not vote in a general election for someone who has no chance to win.

Now, if they would go to "instant primary" or "ranked" voting as I wish they would, I would.
Could I ever be a star?