Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump campaign just announced: no press credentials will be issued Bloomberg reporters.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:Trump campaign just announced: no press credentials will be issued Bloomberg reporters.
That’s actually an appropriate response
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Bloomberg just handed Trump a C130 full of ammo to continue his attacks on the media.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Trump campaign just announced: no press credentials will be issued Bloomberg reporters.
That’s actually an appropriate response
:nod: :nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

The rats are leaving the sinking ship of the Caramel Harris campaign.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:Bloomberg just handed Trump a C130 full of ammo to continue his attacks on the media.
I still don’t understand the move. The guy is a gazillionaire. Just sell the company and that’s it. He wrecked it instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote:
Pwns wrote:Bloomberg just handed Trump a C130 full of ammo to continue his attacks on the media.
I still don’t understand the move. The guy is a gazillionaire. Just sell the company and that’s it. He wrecked it instead.

Either he doesn't care or he didn't think anybody else would care.

I would of sold it and used the sale to bolster my election image about being impartial.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

For those old enough, Hunter Biden is like Billy Carter times a thousand when it comes to embarrassing family members
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

SeattleGriz wrote:
For those old enough, Hunter Biden is like Billy Carter times a thousand when it comes to embarrassing family members
Can we expect “Biden Beer” in the near future???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
That’s the end of Bloomberg news. Taibbi had a pretty good piece on it in RS. I figured klam would’ve linked it by now. He’s usually on liberal media bias issues like white on rice

Klam is not that generic. He strikes me as more of a wild rice guy.

All shades of brown. :mrgreen:
Thanks!

(I think)

If you want to hear a good example of where I currently sit Taibbi is still a good example or listen to the Jimmy Dore interview on the most recent Ari Shafir podcast.

They are both rather unfriendly to the Democratic Party not to mention the Russia situation. :nod:

And someone up above mentioned Bloomberg and liberal in the same sentence. :rofl:

It’s just nice (after about a decade) that I’m finally getting props for my Taibbi/RS references which were all spot on. Better late than never, Cidney! :clap:

Oh...and Assange is still right too.

Kalmunist.....out!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Trump is easily outing the media to those that never paid attention before.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

Thanks!

(I think)

If you want to hear a good example of where I currently sit Taibbi is still a good example or listen to the Jimmy Dore interview on the most recent Ari Shafir podcast.

They are both rather unfriendly to the Democratic Party not to mention the Russia situation. :nod:

And someone up above mentioned Bloomberg and liberal in the same sentence. :rofl:

It’s just nice (after about a decade) that I’m finally getting props for my Taibbi/RS references which were all spot on. Better late than never, Cidney! :clap:

Kalmunist.....out!
Boy when you go with fallacious logic you go all in

BTW I never said Assange was wrong or right. I have argued that he should not be subject to US laws. The person who should be in jail for life had his sentence commuted by Obama. Snowden will get his, eventually. Hopefully whoever is President then will take national security more seriously

BTW how’d ya like the enhanced Russian and Chinese cyber capabilities over the last 3-4 years? You can thank your hero Snowden for that

Or how about our increasingly difficult contact environment overseas? That’s your boy Manning

Taibbi isn’t wrong about everything. Just several things
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

Thanks!

(I think)

Kalmunist.....out!
It was a compliment... :thumb:

You are much more nuanced than just plain white rice. Hence the wild rice comment and the implied meaning of all the different varieties/colors that it comes in.

Granted I do not agree with some of them, but the world would be a "somewhat" boring place if everybody thought like me. Intellectual variety is a good thing. :nod: ;)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by UNI88 »

Col Hogan wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Can we expect “Biden Beer” in the near future???
On the shelf next to Kushner Kombucha.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Thanks!

(I think)

Kalmunist.....out!

BTW I never said Assange was wrong or right. I have argued that he should not be subject to US laws. The person who should be in jail for life had his sentence commuted by Obama. Snowden will get his, eventually. Hopefully whoever is President then will take national security more seriously

BTW how’d ya like the enhanced Russian and Chinese cyber capabilities over the last 3-4 years? You can thank your hero Snowden for that

Or how about our increasingly difficult contact environment overseas? That’s your boy Manning

CID, you grumpy summavabitch! You know I love it when you pull the logic card! Can I get a "doctrinaire liberal" to go along with it?

:lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

CID, you grumpy summavabitch! You know I love it when you pull the logic card! Can I get a "doctrinaire liberal" to go along with it?

:lol:
Actually, I expect more from you

Instead of the tired old “he’s right about this and therefore he’s right about everything”

That’s lazy. Shame.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
kalm wrote:
Thanks!

(I think)

Kalmunist.....out!
It was a compliment... :thumb:

You are much more nuanced than just plain white rice. Hence the wild rice comment and the implied meaning of all the different varieties/colors that it comes in.

Granted I do not agree with some of them, but the world would be a "somewhat" boring place if everybody thought like me. Intellectual variety is a good thing. :nod: ;)
Cheers! :party:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Sen. Harris is dropping out of the race.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:Image

I’m guessing this benefits Biden first and then to a lesser degree Warren

If my Facebook feed has been any indicator over the last few months, her core support was from college educated black women.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Image

I’m guessing this benefits Biden first and then to a lesser degree Warren

If my Facebook feed has been any indicator over the last few months, her core support was from college educated black women.

I would think so. Unless the blacks can get behind a gay man, Pete will have a difficult time getting that bloc to vote for him.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

How about a Pete/Harris team? That way all republicans can be called racist, sexist homophobes. Like a dream ticket for the libs.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol: :notworthy:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote:How about a Pete/Harris team? That way all republicans can be called racist, sexist homophobes. Like a dream ticket for the libs.
Nah, Harris's problem was her track record as a law and order candidate. In this era of deregulation, as with marijuana, you can't fall back on the political career where you said you smoked but you also participated in the racially disproportionate imprisonment of small time users of the same drug you were using. Just comes off as wildly out of touch and part of the system. And she wasn't a good enough politician to be able to change the narrative on that. At some point you have to be a little more than just your demographic and she never really developed that. Heck, I think Koblucher would be a better VP option for Mayor Pete.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:
89Hen wrote:How about a Pete/Harris team? That way all republicans can be called racist, sexist homophobes. Like a dream ticket for the libs.
Nah, Harris's problem was her track record as a law and order candidate. In this era of deregulation, as with marijuana, you can't fall back on the political career where you said you smoked but you also participated in the racially disproportionate imprisonment of small time users of the same drug you were using. Just comes off as wildly out of touch and part of the system. And she wasn't a good enough politician to be able to change the narrative on that. At some point you have to be a little more than just your demographic and she never really developed that. Heck, I think Koblucher would be a better VP option for Mayor Pete.
All that's well and good for anyone with a brainstem, but you can bet your sweet ass that if they Dems thought she had a snowballs chance in HELL of beating Team Trump they wouldn't give two shits about her hypocritical background... :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12