Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SeattleGriz »

USMCA just passed the House. Bam! Mexico just paid for the wall.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:USMCA just passed the House. Bam! Mexico just paid for the wall.
Only if you raise taxes on the beneficiaries of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:USMCA just passed the House. Bam! Mexico just paid for the wall.

Au contraire mon frere. Trump's platform listed this sort of funding as a method that could "pay" for the wall. As long as he makes more money off Mexico than it costs for the wall, Mexico paid.

There were other methods. Cleets wanted the source.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Au contraire mon frere. Trump's platform listed this sort of funding as a method that could "pay" for the wall. As long as he makes more money off Mexico than it costs for the wall, Mexico paid.

Well there’s a couple problems with that one -

Trade deals aren’t treasury to treasury

All government spending outside of the basic outlays like social security is deficit spending

3M can make 500 billion off this new trade deal and we’ll still be printing Chinese money to pay for whatever passes for a wall (if it ever happens)

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

What a dickhead

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit ... g-us-hell/

He literally could lose Michigan over this.

I guess it would be poetic justice for him to tank the 2020 election over something that came out of his sewer (like Hillary did with the deplorables comment)... and he won’t apologize that’s for sure

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

All government spending outside of the basic outlays like social security is deficit spending

3M can make 500 billion off this new trade deal and we’ll still be printing Chinese money to pay for whatever passes for a wall (if it ever happens)

I get all that. I'm saying Trump will claim victory. Mexico paid for the wall. USMCA is expected to bring in X billions and the wall cost less than x.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Two prominent evangelical leaders are slamming the flagship evangelical magazine "Christianity Today" after it called for President Trump to be removed from office in an editorial.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/47545 ... alling-for

Of course, any opposition is because they're libruls. It has nothing do with freedom of speech. :roll:
Last edited by Ibanez on Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:ohno:
Trade agreements don't work that way. There isn't a law or appropriation that says, " All monies from Mexico goes towards building a wall". That's not how money gets appropriated nor how tariffs work. Mexico, Canada and American Businesses are paying for the wall. So are American workers. And every other country we do business with.

Anyone who believed Mexico would build a wall is a moron. :twocents:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
:ohno:
Trade agreements don't work that way. There isn't a law or appropriation that says, " All monies from Mexico goes towards building a wall". That's not how money gets appropriated nor how tariffs work. Mexico, Canada and American Businesses are paying for the wall. So are American workers. And every other country we do business with.

What do you pay for with your tax return money?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I get all that. I'm saying Trump will claim victory. Mexico paid for the wall. USMCA is expected to bring in X billions and the wall cost less than x.
Of course he will . And his low information base will believe him.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Ibanez wrote: :ohno:

What do you pay for with your tax return money?
You know where i'm going with this, Flaggy. It's another campaign "promise" that is a boiled down soundbite that captures some inspirational goal.

Unfortunately, there are people dumb enough to think Mexico is cutting a check and have no clue how money is appropriated. They're up there with the people that thought they could keep their doctor with Obamacare.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:What a dickhead

I guess it would be poetic justice for him to tank the 2020 election over something that came out of his sewer (like Hillary did with the deplorables comment)... and he won’t apologize that’s for sure

His base doesn't care for moral decency. They never did.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Of course he will . And his low information base will believe him.
Yes, as opposed to the highly informed base that laps up every outright lie and half truth spewed by the crazy motherfuckers running the HOR.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: What do you pay for with your tax return money?
You know where i'm going with this, Flaggy. It's another campaign "promise" that is a boiled down soundbite that captures some inspirational goal.

Unfortunately, there are people dumb enough to think Mexico is cutting a check and have no clue how money is appropriated. They're up there with the people that thought they could keep their doctor with Obamacare.
Trump made the mistake of not emphasizing that Mexico was going to pay for it "one way or another". I know he said it at least once, but that was during an interview. On the campaign trail, he was misleading by stopping short.

So how do we grade this promise?
1. Right now, Mexico IS the wall, at least partially. Trump threatened tariffs in order to get Mexico to strengthen their southern border. And that area of Mexico is having some economic problems because of it. But the problems we have been experiencing at our border have receded.
2. An improved trade deal that strengthens America's profitability from business with Mexico, if that is what the USMCA will do, is a way of getting extra money from Mexico. That money, like your tax return, essentially goes into the pool that pays for stuff. One item in that stuff could be a wall.

We certainly know by now that taking Trump literally is a mistake. So many times he has made statements that sound outlandish. But over time, at least a little bit of truth can be found in those statements. They're just not what we originally thought. For example, he said Obama wiretapped his campaign. It's turning out that there was certainly some surveillance going on, though much more limited than we were lead to believe. Same goes with compliments to the leaders of other countries like Putin, Un, Merkel, Macron, etc. It's his infantile way of buttering them up for something he is trying to negotiate. Just ignore what he says when judging him on his Presidency. His words are fair game on a personal level though.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Of course he will . And his low information base will believe him.
Yes, as opposed to the highly informed base that laps up every outright lie and half truth spewed by the crazy motherfuckers running the HOR.
Yes, I’m not excluding them.

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:What a dickhead

His base doesn't care for moral decency. They never did.
His margin in MI is quite narrow. He most definitely can cost himself a state like this with his crass mouth. PA is another one

If we were talking about SC then you’d have a point but it is independents and former Obama voters who carried the day for him in the Rust Belt.

It was a dick move and completely uncalled for (like 90% of everything else he tweets)

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

New York prosecutors take down 96 MS-13 gang members and associates
The notorious MS-13 street gang in Suffolk County, New York, has been declared "inoperable," law enforcement officials announced on Friday.

Authorities said during a press conference that 96 MS-13 gang members and associates were indicted on 77 counts including second-degree conspiracy to commit murder, gun possession and criminal possession of a controlled substance.

The massive takedown is what investigators described as the largest of the violent street gangs in New York State history. Suffolk County District Attorney Timothy Sini said that over 200 arrest were made across the country and in El Salvador as a result of this 23-month investigation.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-prosecut ... d=67852626
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:New York prosecutors take down 96 MS-13 gang members and associates
The notorious MS-13 street gang in Suffolk County, New York, has been declared "inoperable," law enforcement officials announced on Friday.

Authorities said during a press conference that 96 MS-13 gang members and associates were indicted on 77 counts including second-degree conspiracy to commit murder, gun possession and criminal possession of a controlled substance.

The massive takedown is what investigators described as the largest of the violent street gangs in New York State history. Suffolk County District Attorney Timothy Sini said that over 200 arrest were made across the country and in El Salvador as a result of this 23-month investigation.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/york-prosecut ... d=67852626
Bullshit

“Inoperable” and “taken down” are propaganda words

I used to work in that field and Zi know them when I see them

They’ll spend a little time in the clink and then they’ll be released back onto the communities they own

Because most NY state jurisdictions dont honor ICE detainers

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Ibanez wrote: You know where i'm going with this, Flaggy. It's another campaign "promise" that is a boiled down soundbite that captures some inspirational goal.

Trump made the mistake of not emphasizing that Mexico was going to pay for it "one way or another". I know he said it at least once, but that was during an interview. On the campaign trail, he was misleading by stopping short.

1. Right now, Mexico IS the wall, at least partially. Trump threatened tariffs in order to get Mexico to strengthen their southern border. And that area of Mexico is having some economic problems because of it. But the problems we have been experiencing at our border have receded.
2. An improved trade deal that strengthens America's profitability from business with Mexico, if that is what the USMCA will do, is a way of getting extra money from Mexico. That money, like your tax return, essentially goes into the pool that pays for stuff. One item in that stuff could be a wall.

We certainly know by now that taking Trump literally is a mistake. So many times he has made statements that sound outlandish. But over time, at least a little bit of truth can be found in those statements. They're just not what we originally thought. For example, he said Obama wiretapped his campaign. It's turning out that there was certainly some surveillance going on, though much more limited than we were lead to believe. Same goes with compliments to the leaders of other countries like Putin, Un, Merkel, Macron, etc. It's his infantile way of buttering them up for something he is trying to negotiate. Just ignore what he says when judging him on his Presidency. His words are fair game on a personal level though.
You know why he said Obama wiretapped him don't you? Because Michael Rogers of the NSA went and told Trump about all the "wiretapping" going on.

Trump moved out if Trump Towers the next day.

Trump's weak claims are no worse than the usual political speak we hear from everyone else in Washington. Half truths galore.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Trump made the mistake of not emphasizing that Mexico was going to pay for it "one way or another". I know he said it at least once, but that was during an interview. On the campaign trail, he was misleading by stopping short.

You know why he said Obama wiretapped him don't you? Because Michael Rogers of the NSA went and told Trump about all the "wiretapping" going on.

Trump's weak claims are no worse than the usual political speak we hear from everyone else in Washington. Half truths galore.
You're giving him "half" truths. I just said "a little bit".
But, in that case, he couldn't possibly know the extent of the surveillance going on at the time. And I'm not sure if we will ever know the full extent.

But since we seem to live in a world of hyperbole, and based on what we now know, which statement is more correct?
"My campaign was wiretapped"
or
"My campaign was not wiretapped"
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CAA Flagship wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

You're giving him "half" truths. I just said "a little bit".
But, in that case, he couldn't possibly know the extent of the surveillance going on at the time. And I'm not sure if we will ever know the full extent.

But since we seem to live in a world of hyperbole, and based on what we now know, which statement is more correct?
or
I meant our seasoned politicians use half truths, not Donald. Donald talks like a CEO. Nothing is ever wrong and it is actually fabulous.

The surveillance was enough that the current Obama NSA Director, went without permission or whatever, to see Trump and let him know he was being listened in on.

I'll go with, "My campaign was wiretapped".
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

SeattleGriz wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: You're giving him "half" truths. I just said "a little bit".

or
I meant our seasoned politicians use half truths, not Donald. Donald talks like a CEO. Nothing is ever wrong and it is actually fabulous.

The surveillance was enough that the current Obama NSA Director, went without permission or whatever, to see Trump and let him know he was being listened in on.

Name one CEO that drivels on and on incoherently like Donald Trump please...

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Elon Musk
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Elon Musk
Hee hee
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Elon Musk
:lol:

IT connects with a haymaker.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm