Knight Commission

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JBB
Level3
Level3

Knight Commission

Post by JBB »

Dec, 2019:
In an appearance last week at a Sports Business Journal conference in New York, Duncan offered some restructuring ideas that might be explored. For example, big-revenue athletics programs might be placed in a new division or organized and managed outside of the NCAA.

“Just let them play by a different set of rules – and be upfront about it and be honest about it,” said Duncan, the former U.S. Secretary of Education.

The existing structure of the NCAA “works extraordinarily well for 95, 96, 97 percent of students and schools,” Duncan said, but he warned that in Division I revenue sports, the relentless quest for more dollars has driven things “absolutely out of whack, and the best interests of students has been lost.”
Full story here

https://www.knightcommission.org/2019/1 ... ge-sports/
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Knight Commission

Post by kalm »

Well...as everyone knows, Duncan implemented a great program as Sec Ed. Dude knows his stuff.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

kalm wrote:Well...as everyone knows, Duncan implemented a great program as Sec Ed. Dude knows his stuff.
No, not everyone. Dudes a dangerous, and harmful criminal.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:
kalm wrote:Well...as everyone knows, Trump implemented the yugest, most successful programs ever! Dude knows his stuff.
No, not everyone. Dudes a dangerous, and harmful criminal.
Hmmmm ...

:coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

FCS, FBS and FM$
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

BlackFalkin wrote:FCS, FBS and FM$

That’s about right with big gov “central control Duncan” in line to soak up as much as he can from the creation of the new FM$. That’s what he does for a living. Common core folks love the guy. They are unable to understand what he does.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

If football is going to be reorganized reps from each division should do it. Not corrupted big government swamp creatures.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Schools like Appalachian State and Georgia Southern do not belong in the same level of competition as LSU and Alabama. That is for sure. And I'm talking about in any sport. But especially in football.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

JBB wrote:If football is going to be reorganized reps from each division should do it. Not corrupted big government swamp creatures.
This may be the beginning of absolute BS in the FBS/FB$$$. I love the FBS playoff, but only four teams in (and sometime two SEC teams) means one P5 conference gets left out entirely. The real solution is 8 or 10 teams in with the top two teams getting a first round bye & every P5 getting an AQ, three AL P5 (potentiality) and the G.O.5 being guaranteed the other spots. That’s a real formula for an FBS national champion. Possibly even a clause stating no more than two from the same conference and the two MUST be on the same side of the bracket. This isn’t rocket science, App State looked good enough for a FBS playoff birth and the same goes for Oregon. Things are about to get very ugly if this FB$$$ things becomes reality. :twocents:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS