All other college sports!
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: Clemson vs. Ohio State

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote:Refs made the proper calls.
I will go with the fumble call reversal just because all the officials seem to agree with that one and if the fumble call reversal in overtime of the LSU at Texas A&M game last year was a lot worse. Also the targeting call was correct according to the rules.

But that targeting thing was a VERY lucky thing for Clemson. As noted, it just happened that the quarterback ducked his head at the right time so that there was helmet to helmet contact with a guy who was just making a tackle. And that play was HUGE in the game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Fun game to watch. Almost made up for the absolute baby seal clubbing that Oklahoma took from LSU.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:Refs made the proper calls.
I will go with the fumble call reversal just because all the officials seem to agree with that one and if the fumble call reversal in overtime of the LSU at Texas A&M game last year was a lot worse. Also the targeting call was correct according to the rules.

But that targeting thing was a VERY lucky thing for Clemson. As noted, it just happened that the quarterback ducked his head at the right time so that there was helmet to helmet contact with a guy who was just making a tackle. And that play was HUGE in the game.
It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, targetting is targetting. It's like going out of bounds, it's out of bounds if it's intentional or not. The ref in the booth reviews these calls and has the authority to stop play.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

clempson whipped their asses in the second half yet John St Wronge sez it ain’t so

I’m seeing a common refrain here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not, targetting is targetting. It's like going out of bounds, it's out of bounds if it's intentional or not. The ref in the booth reviews these calls and has the authority to stop play.
It was the correct call following the letter of the "law." I completely agree with trying to get players to stop leading with the helmet but if they're really concerned about safety then they need to also call it on ball carriers when they lead with the crown.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:clempson whipped their asses in the second half yet John St Wronge sez it ain’t so

I’m seeing a common refrain here
:rofl: :rofl:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

The targeting call was fucking bullshit! Turned the whole momentum of the game, tOSU lost a player.

You wear helmets to protect your head. Heaven forbid they touch! WTF. Goofy looking QB was cowering down and ducking his head into the hit. If you are going to call targeting, there should be a flag for cowardice.

I was rooting for Clemson too!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Sounds like your CTE has you on edge
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)