I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Um...
Engineers do what they're told
The Director of Engineering does not tell the CEO CFO or CTO what to do

The idea to shortcut the design and just slap the new engines on a 50 year old fuselage
came straight from the top... not the middle
:nod: From my experience working with engineering types, they would have said this might be a bad idea but the suckups and bean counters overruled them.
:thumb: to both. We just provide the data, the big wigs decided what to do with that data.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Under the booming Trump economy, US retail had its biggest day in history on Saturday:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/other ... ar-BBYhl0P
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote:Under the booming Trump economy, US retail had its biggest day in history on Saturday:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
:nod: From my experience working with engineering types, they would have said this might be a bad idea but the suckups and bean counters overruled them.
:thumb: to both. We just provide the data, the big wigs decided what to do with that data.
Oh gawd....not another engineer on this board.... :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
Without an engineer to do the drag/energy calculations on golf clubs and ball(s), your handicap would be even higher. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

93henfan wrote:Under the booming Trump economy, US retail had its biggest day in history on Saturday:

JSO will read that, shrug, and produce 5 paragraphs of faux-quantitative drivel about the last sentence. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote:
kalm wrote:
Without an engineer to do the drag/energy calculations on golf clubs and ball(s), your handicap would be even higher. :coffee:
I don’t carry a handicap and don’t play in enough PGA section events to have one for those either. :coffee:

I’m pretty much a +1 in handicap in a 15 year slump (on account of kids and old and fat). I don’t hit it any further today than I did back then. :tothehand:

I will acknowledge SOME help with tech. The ball(s) is juiced. I heard they had to stretch out Congressional a few years back on account of 89hen simply overpowering the old classic. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote:

:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote:
Winterborn wrote:
I don’t carry a handicap and don’t play in enough PGA section events to have one for those either. :coffee:

I’m pretty much a +1 in handicap in a 15 year slump (on account of kids and old and fat). I don’t hit it any further today than I did back then. :tothehand:

I will acknowledge SOME help with tech. The ball(s) is juiced. I heard they had to stretch out Congressional a few years back on account of 89hen simply overpowering the old classic. :nod:
Admittance is the first step. :D

That said, I am impressed. :nod: :thumb:

I freely admit that I absolutely suck at golf and respect people who can hit a ball, for the most part, in the direction they want. About all I should allowed to do on a golf course is back fill divots and do maintenance. Now if you want a golf cart with a bit more speed, I can do that. I can get a case of beer to the back 9 in no time at all. 8-)

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Today: Hits keep coming for Boeing..
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... SKBN1YS1BS
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Airbus is licking its chops

But more than that, China is poised to take a large share of business previously occupied with the Comac C919. And for airlines looking for a cheaper alternative to Airbus or Boeing, Comac could see a huge market boost quickly.

BTW the C919 could be called the “CEJ”

(corporate espionage jet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I just don't know if we can stand much more great... :lol:

Obviously, Milton Friedman didn't realize it would take 8 years to erase the debt... :)
Americans thought they got a tax cut. What they really got was a tax increase that hasn’t yet taken effect. When you cut taxes but don’t cut spending to match, as the Nobel laureate economist Milton Friedman often noted, you are not cutting taxes but merely delaying them. And total spending has not been reduced; it has been raised.

The 2017 bill cut individual and corporate tax rates, raised the standard deduction, limited deductions for state and local taxes and allowed businesses to immediately write off outlays for new equipment, among other provisions. We were told it would propel economic growth to new heights, unleash a flood of capital investment, turbocharge job creation and boost wages.

The supporters claimed that they could cut taxes without actually cutting revenue. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said: “I’m totally confident this is a revenue-neutral bill. I think it’s going to be a revenue producer."

But two years later, the evidence of failure is undeniable. Almost every promise made has been a promise broken.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/ ... story.html
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:I just don't know if we can stand much more great... :lol:

Obviously, Milton Friedman didn't realize it would take 8 years to erase the debt... :)
Americans thought they got a tax cut. What they really got was a tax increase that hasn’t yet taken effect. When you cut taxes but don’t cut spending to match, as the Nobel laureate economist Milton Friedman often noted, you are not cutting taxes but merely delaying them. And total spending has not been reduced; it has been raised.

The 2017 bill cut individual and corporate tax rates, raised the standard deduction, limited deductions for state and local taxes and allowed businesses to immediately write off outlays for new equipment, among other provisions. We were told it would propel economic growth to new heights, unleash a flood of capital investment, turbocharge job creation and boost wages.

The supporters claimed that they could cut taxes without actually cutting revenue. Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said: “I’m totally confident this is a revenue-neutral bill. I think it’s going to be a revenue producer."

But two years later, the evidence of failure is undeniable. Almost every promise made has been a promise broken.

I don’t believe any “analysis” coming from that rag. Sorry. He may very well be right, but wrapped around THAT POS, there’s no way I’d believe it.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:

I don’t believe any “analysis” coming from that rag. Sorry. He may very well be right, but wrapped around THAT POS, there’s no way I’d believe it.
:rofl:

Feel free to challenge the numbers produced. You know...the facts.

:coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Steve Chapman was in my Harvard class. A native Texan. President of the Harvard Republican Club my senior year. He was an early Reaganaut, believe it or not, and favored Ronnie over Ford in the ‘76 campaign. Now, he’s morphed into a John Kasich Republican. Never-Trumper for sure.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

I must have missed your transition to being a deficit hawk but its good to see, klam

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:

I must have missed your transition to being a deficit hawk but its good to see, klam

I’m not a hawk but I had concerns under Bush and Obama. It would seem there might be a tipping point at some level although economists are all over the place on it. One thing is for sure, the entire right side of the aisle will be hawks again as soon as Democrat takes over the WH.

Besides...there’s more to unpack in that article than just the debt. Trumps economic record is crumbling right now. Hope he can fix it.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

I’m not a hawk but I had concerns under Bush and Obama. It would seem there might be a tipping point at some level although economists are all over the place on it. One thing is for sure, the entire right side of the aisle will be hawks again as soon as Democrat takes over the WH.

Besides...there’s more to unpack in that article than just the debt. Trumps economic record is crumbling right now. Hope he can fix it.
So one party is right half the time while the other party never is?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Oh no. There’s much grinding of teeth over deficits by many on the left these days. Just like they’ve suddenly become free traders.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

This quote, for one:

“Business investment in the United States, far from rising, has plunged this year. The huge reduction in corporate income tax rates, from 35% to 21%, has not had the irresistible incentive effect that it was supposed to.”

No supporting documentation. No supporting data. Just a blanket statement without a shred of evidence, a statement that goes against everything I’ve read or seen over the past 2 years.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

This quote, for one:

“Business investment in the United States, far from rising, has plunged this year. The huge reduction in corporate income tax rates, from 35% to 21%, has not had the irresistible incentive effect that it was supposed to.”

No supporting documentation. No supporting data. Just a blanket statement without a shred of evidence, a statement that goes against everything I’ve read or seen over the past 2 years.
Hey you could be right. Business investment in the US sounds like a fairly nebulous metric anyway.

Provide some supporting documentation. I’m genuinely curious.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Oh no. There’s much grinding of teeth over deficits by many on the left these days. Just like they’ve suddenly become free traders.
I'm sure there are a few, but I don't see them really grinding their teeth over much other than the cost of a wall. And maybe the funding of ICE. Last year's spending bill had all kinds of bipartisan support.

Don't worry, they'll switch with the GOP in 2024 and go back to being wrong about deficit spending.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
This quote, for one:

Hey you could be right. Business investment in the US sounds like a fairly nebulous metric anyway.

I’m not the one who posted the shabbily written article. I’m not the one who made the blanket statement that “business investment has plunged this year”...

Just google “business investment in the US and you’ll see plenty of info regarding how it’s up, why it’s up and what businesses (in general) believe the mid- long-term prognosis is. Hint: It ain’t what he said...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

I’m not the one who posted the shabbily written article. I’m not the one who made the blanket statement that “business investment has plunged this year”...

Just google “business investment in the US and you’ll see plenty of info regarding how it’s up, why it’s up and what businesses (in general) believe the mid- long-term prognosis is. Hint: It ain’t what he said...
Holy shit!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=busines ... ent=safari

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Holy shit!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=busines ... ent=safari

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: