Total votes: 27

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: NDSU vs. JMU National Championship Game Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

I guess it turned out not being a factor but JMU should've taken at least one of the two timeouts it had left earlier in order to save time on the clock.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Bison shot themselves in the foot all day with penalties and mental mistakes. Made the game closer than it actually was. The best run defense in the FCS must have still been on a plane due to weather
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Bobcat wrote:Bison shot themselves in the foot all day with penalties and mental mistakes. Made the game closer than it actually was. The best run defense in the FCS must have still been on a plane due to weather
You must have watched a different game than i did.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

I know the Delaware fans haven’t been watching for over a month but do they know a fake FG won the game for us?
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Congrats to the Bison! Glad you could keep the trophy in the MVFC.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Bobcat wrote:Bison shot themselves in the foot all day with penalties and mental mistakes. Made the game closer than it actually was. The best run defense in the FCS must have still been on a plane due to weather
:lol:

I love you so much AZ
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Post-game pressers

JMU:
phpBB [video]

NDSU:
phpBB [video]

Championship Highlights
phpBB [video]
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I don't think that's the case. The game was pretty even in terms of ability of each team to move the ball. 24 first downs and 365 yards for JMU vs. 20 first downs and 353 yards for NDSU.

The penalty situation was pretty even too. 7 for 75 yards for JMU vs. 7 for 53 yards for NDSU.

The one turnover was obviously pretty big. It was the game ending interception when JMU was at the 2 yard line still with a chance to tie with a score and a two point conversion.

I think the two teams were pretty evenly matched. I think JMU was much better at not getting pushed around on defense in the second half. I do think the NDSU quarterback's ability to run the football was huge. Also I think NDSU coaching gets big credit for two TDs. One was the reverse fake double reverse play and the other one was the fake field goal.

But I do not think it was a situation where NDSU mistakes made the game much closer than it was. JMU had plenty of critical mistakes.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, the run defense that led FCS going in did get gashed. Most of it wasn't by the running backs (QB had 166 yards and they got another 58 on trick plays) but NDSU did get 281 yards rushing at 6.2 yards per carry.

One thing I find to be amazing: The NDSU QB had 30 of the team's 45 rushing attempts.
Could I ever be a star?

JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Well, the run defense that led FCS going in did get gashed. Most of it wasn't by the running backs (QB had 166 yards and they got another 58 on trick plays) but NDSU did get 281 yards rushing at 6.2 yards per carry.

One thing I find to be amazing: The NDSU QB had 30 of the team's 45 rushing attempts.
Thanks Gil for the post game for interviews.

Their defense was flawed in that regard. Our OC taught their DC a lesson. They also didn’t figure on the fake FG.

It’s hard enough for anybody to stop the Bison anyway but NDSU had 281 yds rushing and the Dukes only give up 61/game. Shades of Iowa where the Bison had over 300. Some Iowa guy remembered today he was supposed to eat his hat foolishly betting me they wouldn’t get 100 against the mighty Iowa D. :lol:

GAM said the Bison needed 130 yds rushing or more to win.

Compared to all betting lines rightfully keeping the spread under 3 you might say this was a rout.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Both teams coaches and players were very well spoken.

It was a game for the ages. High on the list of wins in the great Bison Lore.

Both teams would like to play it again.

I did notice Cignette mentioned NDSU is a football program of tremendous resources. At 5 million/year the Bison match up better than most.

In the end NDSU had the better coaching staff. Randy Hedberg, NDSU QB Coach is certainly included. The best in the land.

We all know the players. Here are the Bison coaches:

https://gobison.com/sports/football/coaches
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

JBB wrote:**********FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**********

At 5 Dimes

JMU -1.5. 110 gets 100 (-110)

Straight-up.
JMU to win. 125 gets 100. (-125)
NDSU to win. 100 gets 105. (+105)
GAM Labs has accepted the proposition from 5 Dimes: NDSU BISON to win. 100 down for 105
Yea!!!!

Got a little juice back.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Congrats to NDSU. Will say the same thing I said on the JMU board:

-38 yd TD run 2nd qtr off a fake reverse. Big play #1
-20 yd TD run 2nd qtr off a fake FG. Big play #2. The perfect way to counter a kick blocking team (JMU think 9 blocks on the season, and blocked NDSU FG in the 2017 NC game).
-44 yd TD run 4th qtr QB by Lance on a 3rd and 23. Big play #3. JMU being in man on a 3rd and 23 vs a running QB was dumb. Should have been in zone.

Poor clock management on the last drive, with a lot of wasted seconds, followed by a very dumb call. Down by 8, 8 seconds left, 1st and goal at the 3, 1 timeout left, been running the ball well, and you have a 230 lb battering ram at RB. With the timeout left you have 2 plays left period. Run the damn ball. At least 50%-60% chance you score a TD there. If you don’t call the TO. If you’re at the 1 or 2 can run it again. Still at the 3 maybe pass it. But doing the pass play that was called was DUMB. Heck, an RPO wouldn’t have been as bad. Don’t put the blame what happened at the end on Dinucci. Its all on Cignetti/Montgomery (JMU OC).

JMU lost the game because NDSU made the 3 biggest plays of the game, and poor clock management and play calling at the end.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Had to smile when Entz used the fake goal after the discussion on Bison treachery earlier this week. Don’t think I even mentioned Bohls FG to beat SHSU for an earlier Natty.

Coach Entz talked about the predictability of the JMU kick blocking formation in the post game. Saw it as one of the few JMU weaknesses.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: NDSU vs. JMU National Championship Game Thread

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:Had to smile when Entz used the fake goal after the discussion on Bison treachery earlier this week. Don’t think I even mentioned Bohls FG to beat SHSU for an earlier Natty.

Coach Entz talked about the predictability of the JMU kick blocking formation in the post game. Saw it as one of the few JMU weaknesses.
Who was talking about bison "treachery" earlier this week besides you and the voices in your head?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote:Congrats to NDSU. Will say the same thing I said on the JMU board:

-38 yd TD run 2nd qtr off a fake reverse. Big play #1
-20 yd TD run 2nd qtr off a fake FG. Big play #2. The perfect way to counter a kick blocking team (JMU think 9 blocks on the season, and blocked NDSU FG in the 2017 NC game).
-44 yd TD run 4th qtr QB by Lance on a 3rd and 23. Big play #3. JMU being in man on a 3rd and 23 vs a running QB was dumb. Should have been in zone.

Poor clock management on the last drive, with a lot of wasted seconds, followed by a very dumb call. Down by 8, 8 seconds left, 1st and goal at the 3, 1 timeout left, been running the ball well, and you have a 230 lb battering ram at RB. With the timeout left you have 2 plays left period. Run the damn ball. At least 50%-60% chance you score a TD there. If you don’t call the TO. If you’re at the 1 or 2 can run it again. Still at the 3 maybe pass it. But doing the pass play that was called was DUMB. Heck, an RPO wouldn’t have been as bad. Don’t put the blame what happened at the end on Dinucci. Its all on Cignetti/Montgomery (JMU OC).

JMU lost the game because NDSU made the 3 biggest plays of the game, and poor clock management and play calling at the end.
I think the unfortunate face mask penalty when JMU would've had NDSU in 3rd and 19 at their own 10 yard line was very big. If you're a NDSU fan you say the reason NDSU was in that position to begin with was an illegal block penalty that backed them up. But if you're a JMU fan your team had them pinned back with some momentum building. Yes, NDSU may have made it on 3rd and 19. Lance had that long TD run on a similar down/distance situation. But JMU's chances of getting the ball back in NDSU territory with momentum and trailing by only 4 points were very good at that point. Instead the poor guy got the face mask. Very deflating play for JMU. Then that drive ended in the fake field goal TD to open the lead up to a two score margin.
Could I ever be a star?

SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

As much as I wanted to watch this game (the first one in recent memory on a "normal" network), I was at two funerals yesterday, so I missed both this and the Whiner game.....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

The GAM finishes at $2,095. The GAM points out miss-priced games but there are still some bets we should have made and some we regret.

It saw the Natty perfectly. JMU ends up on the Bison goal line trailing 28-20. The unexpected INT happens but they could have just as easily scored and missed the 2 point conversion making it 28-26 Bison just as the GAM forecast. More importantly The GAM guided us to the money line proposition Bison to win +105. We got the juice!

There is a huge opportunity coming up in Oregon next season. The Ducks open against the FCS defending National champions. These types of games are often miss-priced.

There is a lot of work to do programming for next season. The toughest challenge remains strength of schedule but progress was made. Toward the end of the season a new ratio that seems to be predictive was discovered.

The GAM made a little over $1,500 last season and now $2,095. That’s real progress.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you so much. 8-)
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

UNI88 wrote:
JBB wrote:Had to smile when Entz used the fake goal after the discussion on Bison treachery earlier this week. Don’t think I even mentioned Bohls FG to beat SHSU for an earlier Natty.

Who was talking about bison "treachery" earlier this week besides you and the voices in your head?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was talking about it you were reading it. I was right again and left you with the sour grapes you love so much! :lol:
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

7 penalties that NDSU normally doesnt have
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I was talking about it you were reading it. I was right again and left you with the sour grapes you love so much! :lol:
You talking to the voices in your head ≠ discussion
You writing about something and someone else reading it ≠ discussion

Your common core education has failed you again. :D
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

UNI88 wrote:
JBB wrote:
You talking to the voices in your head ≠ discussion
You writing about something and someone else reading it ≠ discussion

Your common core education has failed you again. :D
:lol: Sour grapes are your favorite! 8-)

You never answered. A friend, that knows you to be a braggart was wondering if the 88 was your IQ? I suggested it was your waist size. Your IQ is obviously not 88. :lol:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

The MVFC has changed. UNI has suffered a huge loss of prestige. Formerly a power house in the MVFC they are now reduced to also ran.

UNI had 16 MVFC titles since 1985, 35 years.

Since 2011 NDSU has won every title, 9.

UNI must have been decent during the title years right? No wrong. They were only Cedar Falls good. Couldn’t win a national title. Only got to the big game once and lost. 35 years, 16 MVFC titles, 1 national championship appearance and ZERO wins.

Since 2011 and the rise of NDSU the Bison have 8 national Championships never losing on the big stage.

UNI now claims to be a basketball school. :rofl:

UNI will have a great rivalry with UND another long time NDSU football opponent their fans now claim is a hockey school.

A rivalry of losers. The BIG L Bowl for the Losers Cup. :lol:

UNI played good regional football in the old days but were never a force nationally, The players and coaches just weren’t good enough. They can’t compete with the other Iowa schools and are not successful against the FBS. They never won a D2 or D1 football championship.

NDSU on the other hand has always been a national football force winning 7 D2 titles and now 8 in D1. At the same time they have dominated major FBS opponents. It goes without saying The BISON have dominated the sport regionally as well.

Low IQ UNI fans have trouble with that and a few will lash out at others in childish displays of frustration and misplaced aggression. We pat them on the head and move on. Losers are losers after all. Compassion not pity is the goal for us.

Great season for The Bison and a special shout out to Matt Entz. A great young coach now in charge of the Bison Football Dynasty. :clap: :clap: :clap:
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Bobcat wrote:7 penalties that NDSU normally doesnt have
That was a surprise.

JMU. 7 penalties for 75 yds

NDSU 7 for 53

Could it have been the 3 weeks off?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

JBB wrote:The MVFC has changed. UNI has suffered a huge loss of prestige. Formerly a power house in the MVFC they are now reduced to also ran.

UNI had 16 MVFC titles since 1985, 35 years.

Since 2011 NDSU has won every title, 9.

UNI must have been decent during the title years right? No wrong. They were only Cedar Falls good. Couldn’t win a national title. Only got to the big game once and lost. 35 years, 16 MVFC titles, 1 national championship appearance and ZERO wins.

Since 2011 and the rise of NDSU the Bison have 8 national Championships never losing on the big stage.

UNI now claims to be a basketball school. :rofl:

UNI will have a great rivalry with UND another long time NDSU football opponent their fans now claim is a hockey school.

A rivalry of losers. The BIG L Bowl for the Losers Cup. :lol:

UNI played good regional football in the old days but were never a force nationally, The players and coaches just weren’t good enough. They can’t compete with the other Iowa schools and are not successful against the FBS. They never won a D2 or D1 football championship.

NDSU on the other hand has always been a national football force winning 7 D2 titles and now 8 in D1. At the same time they have dominated major FBS opponents. It goes without saying The BISON have dominated the sport regionally as well.

Low IQ UNI fans have trouble with that and a few will lash out at others in childish displays of frustration and misplaced aggression. We pat them on the head and move on. Losers are losers after all. Compassion not pity is the goal for us.

Great season for The Bison and a special shout out to Matt Entz. A great young coach now in charge of the Bison Football Dynasty. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lashing out at others with childish displays of frustration and misplaced aggression ... :rofl:

I'm looking forward to September 26. Coaching cage fight - Skeletor vs. Jethro Bodine!