houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Your man Matt Taibbi just came out with a very good Rolling Stone piece on the “villainous” CNN coverage of the debate.
CNN is complete garbage. They used to be ever so slightly more reputable than MSNBC and FOX but now they’re worse because they try to pretend they are moderate.

They’re like the klam of TV infotainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way. They're not post-partisan. :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
:popcorn: :popcorn:
She should probably spend less time listening to her handlers for strategy. Desperation smells desperate.
And not just her - I bet there is a mini-epidemic of sphincter-lock sweeping the leadership of both major parties. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
Ivytalk wrote: Your man Matt Taibbi just came out with a very good Rolling Stone piece on the “villainous” CNN coverage of the debate.
CNN is complete garbage. They used to be ever so slightly more reputable than MSNBC and FOX but now they’re worse because they try to pretend they are moderate.

Sigh...someday you’ll find the middle.

Now explain to me again how CNN is a necessary price to pay for liberty. Oh wait that was corporatism, wasn’t it. :lol:

Now excuse me...I have a Rolling Stone article some conk suggested I read.

:kisswink:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Now explain to me again how CNN is a necessary price to pay for liberty. Oh wait that was corporatism, wasn’t it. :lol:

CNN isn’t a price of liberty

I use my liberty to not watch CNN anymore now that they’ve gone full FOX

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

They're both full of shit and they're both afraid of Bernie. I think Warren and the CNN chick that asked Bernie about his comment on the electability of women and then ignored his denial and asked Warren what she thought about his comment were both prepped for that encounter prior to the debate. She probably could have won a he said/she said with anybody else on the stage, unfortunately for her Bernie has been pretty consistent if nothing else for a long time and I don't think it will stick.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Me too.

CNN is a great example of corporate news...was my point. Therefore quit yet bit him’. It’s the price we pay. :lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Therefore quit yet bit him’.
:? :? Fun York.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote: Therefore quit yet bit him’.
:? :? Fun York.

Jesus Christ!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

kalm wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: :? :? Fun York.

Jesus Christ!
:rofl:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

They're both full of shit and they're both afraid of Bernie. I think Warren and the CNN chick that asked Bernie about his comment on the electability of women and then ignored his denial and asked Warren what she thought about his comment were both prepped for that encounter prior to the debate. She probably could have won a he said/she said with anybody else on the stage, unfortunately for her Bernie has been pretty consistent if nothing else for a long time and I don't think it will stick.
I agree. I obviously don't like Bernie but he was set up on this one. I do love the irony of a "progressive" white male being presumed guilty.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Oh no’s! Bernie Bros are at it again!

Establishment media hates Bernie almost as much as Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1 ... ssion=true
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

You know I was just checking on how Biden does against Trump in polling in various States and it really does behoove the Democrats to nominate Biden. He's leading Trump in polls of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. He's leading Trump in Florida. He's leading Trump in North Carolina. He's leading Trump in GEORGIA, for Pete's sake. And he's only 0.5 percentage points down in polls of TEXAS.

As I've said before: ANY Democrat candidate would have a shot. But they'd be smart to nominate Biden then cross their fingers that he lives through the election. It's not hard to see why Trump wants to do stuff like try to get the Ukraine to announce an investigation of him.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

mainejeff2 wrote:NY Times editorial board endorsing Pocahontas and the corn fed gal from Minnesota.....yah.

Fuck the NY Times. :nod:

:coffee:

Yup. Fuck ‘em. All the news that shits, they print.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Tulsi suing Hilldog for defamation. Love the highlighted line, "Tulsi Gabbard is running for president of the United States, a position Clinton has long coveted, but has not been able to attain."

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote:Tulsi suing Hilldog for defamation. Love the highlighted line, "Tulsi Gabbard is running for president of the United States, a position Clinton has long coveted, but has not been able to attain."

Sorry, but that's a bitch move. They ALL defame each other. Literally every day. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:You know I was just checking on how Biden does against Trump in polling in various States and it really does behoove the Democrats to nominate Biden. He's leading Trump in polls of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. He's leading Trump in Florida. He's leading Trump in North Carolina. He's leading Trump in GEORGIA, for Pete's sake. And he's only 0.5 percentage points down in polls of TEXAS.

As I've said before: ANY Democrat candidate would have a shot. But they'd be smart to nominate Biden then cross their fingers that he lives through the election. It's not hard to see why Trump wants to do stuff like try to get the Ukraine to announce an investigation of him.
I'm going to predict this right now: If Sleepy Joe is the opponent, Trump wins 6 out of the 7 of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Georiga, Texas.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:Tulsi suing Hilldog for defamation. Love the highlighted line, "Tulsi Gabbard is running for president of the United States, a position Clinton has long coveted, but has not been able to attain."

Sorry, but that's a bitch move. They ALL defame each other. Literally every day. :coffee:
And probably a futile one: Hildabeast is a public figure, so Tulsi has to show actual malice.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:You know I was just checking on how Biden does against Trump in polling in various States and it really does behoove the Democrats to nominate Biden. He's leading Trump in polls of Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. He's leading Trump in Florida. He's leading Trump in North Carolina. He's leading Trump in GEORGIA, for Pete's sake. And he's only 0.5 percentage points down in polls of TEXAS.

I'm going to predict this right now: If Sleepy Joe is the opponent, Trump wins 6 out of the 7 of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, Georiga, Texas.
Not sure how anyone other than Biden wins this to be honest. DNC ain't gonna let Bernie win, and plus Bernie is too big of a pussie to call out the DNC so he will go down like a whimpering bitch just like in 2016.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Not sure how anyone other than Biden wins this to be honest. DNC ain't gonna let Bernie win, and plus Bernie is too big of a pussie to call out the DNC so he will go down like a whimpering bitch just like in 2016 when Hillary put her spurs to him.
FYP
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

As much as the super-delegates are BS, Clinton won the popular vote during the 2016 primary.

That said, she can eff off with her recent comments. She needs to do a Bush II and go away.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote:As much as the super-delegates are BS, Clinton won the popular vote during the 2016 primary.

That said, she can eff off with her recent comments. She needs to do a Bush II and go away.
The level of karma involved in her going down in the general the way Bernie went down in the primary....its nearly enough to make me question my disbelief... :shock:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Not sure how anyone other than Biden wins this to be honest. DNC ain't gonna let Bernie win, and plus Bernie is too big of a pussie to call out the DNC so he will go down like a whimpering bitch just like in 2016.
They have to play it much more carefully this time now that they know the Berners aren't joking about voting third party or not voting at all if they feel they got fucked.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:
They have to play it much more carefully this time now that they know the Berners aren't joking about voting third party or not voting at all if they feel they got fucked.
Bernie should elbow Jill Stein aside and claim the mantle of the Green Party.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Haven’t heard from BDK in awhile so I figured I’d draw him out with a “tits on a bull” opportunity...

6 Dems now lead Trump by numbers greater than the margin of error...

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-l ... 1579710212
JBB
Level3
Level3

Post by JBB »

Hillary: 'Sanders Would Be More Likable If He'd Just Have The People Who Don't Like Him Assassinated'
U.S.—Hillary Clinton had some helpful advice for the Bernie Sanders campaign after she claimed nobody likes him.

In a candid moment, she told the interviewer that if she were running the Sanders campaign, the vocal critics would find themselves "swimming with the fishes."

"Look, if you want to be likable in politics, you've got to be willing to fight for it, and maybe kill for it," she said. "The absolute number of people that like Bernie may not go up, but the percentage of surviving people who like him will increase. And the people who still don't like him wouldn't want to say anything. The best kind of likability is the kind that comes when people are too afraid to speak up against you."

"I want people to be afraid of how much they love me," she added.

Many political commentators quickly condemned her remarks but have since turned up dead.
Dear Lord, We come before you and humbly ask you to grant our prayer for a veil of protection to be placed over Donald Trump. May your will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen