kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
kalm wrote:Now that he’s surging in the polls, Operation Kill Bernie is in full affect. Hit pieces from across the Dem establishment spectrum like Jonathan Chaite in NYM. anyone remotely complimentary will also be targeted like this here...

Joe Rogan’s Galaxy Brain
How the former Fear Factor host’s podcast became an essential platform for “freethinkers” who hate the left.

By JUSTIN PETERS
MARCH 21, 20195:45 AM

https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/joe-r ... -left.html
:nod:

The outrage over the Joe Rogan "endorsement" should be all anyone needs to see to know they are totally butthurt about the Bernie surge.

Also interesting to note that the Never Trumpers are probably just as butthurt as corporate Dems. :lol:
VERY true! :thumb:

Fucking centrists... :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: :nod:

The outrage over the Joe Rogan "endorsement" should be all anyone needs to see to know they are totally butthurt about the Bernie surge.

Also interesting to note that the Never Trumpers are probably just as butthurt as corporate Dems. :lol:
VERY true! :thumb:

Fucking centrists... :ohno:
Never Trumpers are a lock for Biden, but the NT's will never vote for a commie like Sanders.

And my money is still on Biden pulling out the nominee. DNC will stack the convention with corporate delegates no doubt. And I think Biden will clean house in the southern states.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:And my money is still on Biden pulling out the nominee. DNC will stack the convention with corporate delegates no doubt. And I think Biden will clean house in the southern states.
Biden can't hide in the bushes on a 1 v 1 contest. His performance at the debates so far can't be classified as anything but self-defense. He's doing everything he can to run on his name without ever having to say anything.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SDHornet wrote:And my money is still on Biden pulling out the nominee. DNC will stack the convention with corporate delegates no doubt. And I think Biden will clean house in the southern states.
Biden can't hide in the bushes on a 1 v 1 contest. His performance at the debates so far can't be classified as anything but self-defense. He's doing everything he can to run on his name without ever having to say anything.
Agree, but everyone else is so far left I just don't see your average donk going commie. I could be wrong.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote: Biden can't hide in the bushes on a 1 v 1 contest. His performance at the debates so far can't be classified as anything but self-defense. He's doing everything he can to run on his name without ever having to say anything.
Agree, but everyone else is so far left I just don't see your average donk going commie. I could be wrong.
Shoot, you meant cleaning up in the south in the primaries?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Agree, but everyone else is so far left I just don't see your average donk going commie. I could be wrong.
Shoot, you meant cleaning up in the south in the primaries?
Yes primaries, not the general. Trump has the "Bible Belt" on lock.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote: Shoot, you meant cleaning up in the south in the primaries?
Yes primaries, not the general. Trump has the "Bible Belt" on lock.
My bad. When you said it after the convention part, I thought you were saying in the general.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Yes primaries, not the general. Trump has the "Bible Belt" on lock.
My bad. When you said it after the convention part, I thought you were saying in the general.
My bad. No I think Biden pulls out the nomination by dominating the primaries int he south. That's when Bernie will be exposed and the DNC and its corporate shills will really pounce.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote:
89Hen wrote: Biden can't hide in the bushes on a 1 v 1 contest. His performance at the debates so far can't be classified as anything but self-defense. He's doing everything he can to run on his name without ever having to say anything.
Again...where is the middle? Warren is a former Republican and has now dumped Medicare for all. Klobuchar and Booty are clearly centrists. Who the fuck knows where Yang sits (and I truly mean that as a compliment). I’ll grant you Bernie is strongly to the left according to certain perspectives but a majority of voters agree with him on universal care, finance reform, taxing the rich and corporations, saving entitlements, etc. College tuition is the one true area he might be significantly to the left of average Americans on.

Populism wins elections whether it’s fake populism like Trumps or real.

There’s left of what monied interests and corporate media want and preach and then there’s left of what voters want. They’re not the same. No one seems to remember that at one time, candidate Trump was for universal healthcare as well. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Again...where is the middle?
In the primary trash can.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Agree, but everyone else is so far left I just don't see your average donk going commie. I could be wrong.
Again...where is the middle? Warren is a former Republican and has now dumped Medicare for all. Klobuchar and Booty are clearly centrists. Who the fuck knows where Yang sits (and I truly mean that as a compliment). I’ll grant you Bernie is strongly to the left according to certain perspectives but a majority of voters agree with him on universal care, finance reform, taxing the rich and corporations, saving entitlements, etc. College tuition is the one true area he might be significantly to the left of average Americans on.

There’s left of what monied interests and corporate media want and preach and then there’s left of what voters want. They’re not the same. No one seems to remember that at one time, candidate Trump was for universal healthcare as well. :lol:
Warren is basically hillary with a Bernie mask on. And she's just as unlikable as hillary. She's done.

I don't know much about Klobuchar and Booty other than him being gay and Klob being female.

Agree with you about the populism.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote:I don't know much about Klobuchar and Booty other than him being gay and Klob being female.
So you know they both like

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:

How are you defining "middle"? Just because a small majority of people may support one policy over another doesn't make that "the middle". If you support universal healthcare, that's LEFT. If you support universal basic income, that's LEFT. If you support free college tuition, that's LEFT. If a majority support those positions, fine. But it doesn't make it the "middle".
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

How are you defining "middle"? Just because a small majority of people may support one policy over another doesn't make that "the middle". If you support universal healthcare, that's LEFT. If you support universal basic income, that's LEFT. If you support free college tuition, that's LEFT. If a majority support those positions, fine. But it doesn't make it the "middle".
Ummm...

What?

:lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Ummm...

What?

It's a political spectrum, not a popularity spectrum.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Ummm...

What?

No but seriously, what?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

No but seriously, what?
I didn't expect you to understand.

Too nuanced. :coffee: :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Its problem is that it lacks nuance.
AZGrizFan wrote: If you support universal basic income, that's LEFT.
phpBB [video]
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

No but seriously, what?

You’re probably right. This level of nuance is 2nd level!
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Classic clips about Lyin Joe
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote:Classic clips about Lyin Joe
:rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Politically it’s devastating. yet here he stands.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Que JSO to claim those lies aren't that big of a deal.

Oh and at least this time around his brain is too far gone to remember any speeches by other folks, so I guess we don't have to worry about that this time around. :rofl:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

You’re probably right. This level of nuance is 2nd level!
Yep. Just listen to ol' AZ....he's the expert here. :coffee: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Que JSO to claim those lies aren't that big of a deal.

Oh and at least this time around his brain is too far gone to remember any speeches by other folks, so I guess we don't have to worry about that this time around. :rofl:
The ironic part is that if that was TRUMP doing that, it'd be plastered all over mainstream media on a nightly basis. It'd be in every Dem's political ads...you couldn't get away from it. But since it's sleepy Joe, it's but a mere blip on the radar screen. :coffee: :coffee: :suspicious: