Bloomberg Prediction

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Bloomberg Prediction

Post by Col Hogan »

Instead of sticking this in the Democratic Nomination thread, and risking it getting lost...I’m going to put this right out here...

After seeing the knee-capping that Bloomberg took in the Nevada debate, and looking at the polling in the Super Tuesday states, I predict that before the end of March, Bloomberg will drop out of the race for the Democratic nomination, and launch an Independent Presidential campaign.

It will keep him out of debates until after the two parties conventions, so he can recover and maybe learn a little more on to debate...

It will allow him to focus his advertising $$$ on Trump throughout the spring and summer and ignore the Democrats completely

It will allow him to almost totally ignore media interviews that he can’t control since he’s opened a Pandora’s Box with his Nevada performance

Thoughts????
Last edited by Col Hogan on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Bloomberg Preiction

Post by kalm »

Col Hogan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 pm Instead of sticking this in the Democratic Nomination thread, and risking it getting lost...I’m going to put this right out here...

After seeing the knee-capping that Bloomberg took in the Nevada debate, and looking at the polling in the Super Tuesday states, I predict that before the end of March, Bloomberg will drop out of the race for the Democratic nomination, and launch an Independent Presidential campaign.

It will keep him out of debates until after the two parties conventions, so he can recover and maybe learn a little more on to debate...

It will allow him to focus his advertising $$$ on Trump throughout the spring and summer and ignore the Democrats completely

It will allow him to almost totally ignore media interviews that he can’t control since he’s opened a Pandora’s Box with his Nevada performance

Thoughts????
Plausible and would likely guarantee a Trump victory.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Meh. Bloomberg could have stayed away from the debate but he stupidly didn't. It's even more stupid considering he isn't on any ballots until super Tuesday which is 2 weeks away.

And agree with Kalm, an Indy Bloomberg run would gift Trump the win (assuming Bernie waltzes to the DNC nomination with Bloomberg gone).
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Bloomberg Prediction

Post by AZGrizFan »

Trump doesn’t need Mini Mike running independent to win the election. Dem’s are gonna lose this all on their lonesome.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:42 pm Trump doesn’t need Mini Mike running independent to win the election. Dem’s are gonna lose this all on their lonesome.
Exactly, they are going to get fucking landslided so hard Mondale will finally be able to show his face in the afterlife

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:47 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:42 pm Trump doesn’t need Mini Mike running independent to win the election. Dem’s are gonna lose this all on their lonesome.
Exactly, they are going to get fucking landslided so hard Mondale will finally be able to show his face in the afterlife
Er, Mondale is still alive and kicking at 92. His wife bought the farm, though.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ivytalk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:45 am
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:47 pm

Er, Mondale is still alive and kicking at 92. His wife bought the farm, though.
And so did his daughter, Eleanor. She was the quite the beauty in her day. She was once married to Keith Van Horne. And linked romantically to Bill Clinton, a rumor that angered her father -- especially since it seems to be true.
Attachments
76648802_131631996754.jpg
76648802_131631996754.jpg (112.25 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I could see it happening. Mike's ego is too big to let Trump's insults slide.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I don't think he'd run independent. We wants a Dem in the White House so he can push his repeal of the Bill of Rights.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:10 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 pm Instead of sticking this in the Democratic Nomination thread, and risking it getting lost...I’m going to put this right out here...

Thoughts????
:nod: :nod: :nod:

So he would have to decide between his love of his money or his hate for Trump.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

93henfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:01 am I don't think he'd run independent. We wants a Dem in the White House so he can push his repeal of the Bill of Rights.
Stop showing off your ebonics. :tothehand:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:06 am
93henfan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:01 am I don't think he'd run independent. We wants a Dem in the White House so he can push his repeal of the Bill of Rights.
Stop showing off your ebonics. :tothehand:
Fucking non-Apple phones are shit. I'll never make this mistake again. :ohno:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

Thoughts????
A Trump victory is already guaranteed. This would do one thing....it would give Democrats a reality check as Trump & Bloomberg would pull in about 80% of the popular vote. :nod: :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

If the Democrats go to a second convention ballot and the super delegates deny Bernie again, would the Bern pull out and run as an independent?

I’m thinking with the acrimony we saw in this week’s debate that the 3 way race possibilities are rising. Most likely the Bern, the Bloom and Orange Man.

Hang on for an entertaining summer and fall. Not sure about the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:29 am

A Trump victory is already guaranteed. This would do one thing....it would give Democrats a reality check as Trump & Bloomberg would pull in about 80% of the popular vote. :nod: :thumb:
You're trying too hard.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:59 am
mainejeff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:29 am

You're trying too hard.
You need a reality check. :nod:
Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

mainejeff wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:04 am
kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:59 am

You're trying too hard.
1). I’m not a Democrat

2). Trump got 46 % of the vote in 2016. He may have solidified the base but he hasn’t grown it by much if at all. Bloomberg ain’t getting 30% of the remainder.

:coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:27 am

1). I’m not a Democrat

2). Trump got 46 % of the vote in 2016. He may have solidified the base but he hasn’t grown it by much if at all. Bloomberg ain’t getting 30% of the remainder.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Don't be too sure about that.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:45 am

1). I’m not a Democrat

I didn’t line him at first...but he’s grown on me...said no one ever.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

1). I’m not a Democrat

I think his base has grown a bit, but more importantly and devastating for the donks is that they have done a stellar job a turning off moderates/independents. The DNC shitshow will have a bigger impact that any base growth Trump has done over the past 3+ years.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:10 pmwould likely guarantee a Trump victory.
:nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:45 am

Well I know quite a few folks who did NOT vote for him in 2016 but who are going to vote for him (with noses plugged) in 2020, myself included.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:30 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 am
Well I know quite a few folks who did NOT vote for him in 2016 but who are going to vote for him (with noses plugged) in 2020, myself included.
I'm voting Libertarian but I do feel much better about him as POTUS than I did in 2016. He's still a reprehensible human being and I think the tax cut was a bad idea without corresponding spending cuts but his administration has been very good on policy for the most part. I was concerned that his ego and impulse would be a much bigger problem than they have so far. So yes, he has grown on me.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I can't seem to find it right now, but there was a pretty funny political comic comparing Bloomberg's performance at the most recent debate (which I missed) to Ryan Newman's last-lap crash and burn at the Daytona 500. Despite rumors that after that he's all but done, I'm STILL seeing his stupid ads, along with Steyer's. Almost every other commercial is coming from those two, it seems, if it's not a stupid pharmaceutical commercial. I'd like to ban BOTH....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Well, Clint Eastwood just flipped to Mini Mike, so looks like he’s gonna be a formidable opponent now!