Which threatens the republic more?

Political discussions
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Which threatens the republic more?

Post by LeadBolt »

There are no far right facist candidates or rule in the USA other than in the imagination of those who don’t understand the terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

LeadBolt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm
dbackjon wrote:
As opposed to the Conks given in to the far right/Fascists? Because that is who is in charge in DC now, an authoritarian fascist unchecked by a spineless Senate.

Re-election of Trump will spell the end of the United States. Won't happen in the next four years, but in my lifetime, the US will not be a democracy if it exists at all.
Classic response from one suffering from TDS with no understanding of facts or truth only political doctrine spouting off MSN, CNN, MLM distortions.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I figured as much from the Trump Cultists on this site who are too blind to see the damage that Trump and the GOP are doing to the United States. Keep in your little Trumpbubble.

Sucks for your kids and Grandkids, but fuck'em, right? That's the GOP motto!
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

LeadBolt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:19 pm There are no far right facist candidates or rule in the USA other than in the imagination of those who don’t understand the terms.

Sounds like you are the one who doesn't understand, or is unwilling to admit the terrible mistake he has made with his fealty to Trump.
:thumb:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

Classic. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Try critically thinking for yourself vs spouting your sad, worn out slogans.

LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

Not really loyal to Trump. He is a despicable human being, but his actions as President by and large are undoing some of the harm done by President “I don’t need Congress I have a phone and a pen”. That statement is what you would expect from a dictator.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:05 pm Not really loyal to Trump. He is a despicable human being, but his actions as President by and large are undoing some of the harm done by President “I don’t need Congress I have a phone and a pen”. That statement is what you would expect from a dictator.

Oh good lord. Are you talking about Obama?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Can we get past the name calling? While we may disagree, I don't doubt that other posters want what is best for the country so I try to respect and listen to their opinions.

One of the things that makes this site great is that we don't sit in our ideological echo chambers screaming our opinions thinking they're facts because the other chimpanzees agree with us and wondering why the other side is too stupid to see the light.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 pm
LeadBolt wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Classic response from one suffering from TDS with no understanding of facts or truth only political doctrine spouting off MSN, CNN, MLM distortions.

I figured as much from the Trump Cultists on this site who are too blind to see the damage that Trump and the GOP are doing to the United States. Keep in your little Trumpbubble.

Please describe in detail this “damage” Trump has done to America.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:13 pm Can we get past the name calling? While we may disagree, I don't doubt that other posters want what is best for the country so I try to respect and listen to their opinions.

One of the things that makes this site great is that we don't sit in our ideological echo chambers screaming our opinions thinking they're facts because the other chimpanzees agree with us and wondering why the other side is too stupid to see the light.
Shut up you in-bred iowaegian conk mofo!

Agree. I love the fact that your shit gets checked, and sometimes brutally.

I can disagree with but truly am listening to all you crazy assholes, and I’m willing to and have had my mind changed countless times.

:nod:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:14 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:01 am

This. The donks have given in to the far left/Marxists, and anyone expecting some kind of "normalcy" from their governance is an idiot.
As opposed to the Conks given in to the far right/Fascists? Because that is who is in charge in DC now, an authoritarian fascist unchecked by a spineless Senate.

Re-election of Trump will spell the end of the United States. Won't happen in the next four years, but in my lifetime, the US will not be a democracy if it exists at all.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just like all the Gays Trump was gonna murder if he became president!!! Drama Queen :nod: :coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

dbackjon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:14 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:01 am

This. The donks have given in to the far left/Marxists, and anyone expecting some kind of "normalcy" from their governance is an idiot.

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I haven’t seen this fascism/authoritarianism some of you are talking about

Sounds a lot like that sharia law communism we were gonna get with Obama

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 am A Bernie win with Republicans keeping the senate or....

A Trump win but Dems pick up both houses?
What threatens the Republic right now is the Republican Party. Or, more precisely, what threatens the Republic is the set of nut jobs that currently comprises the Republican base. And the Republican politicians don't have the guts to show leadership and reject these people.

I think if I had to choose between the two scenarios you present I'd pick Bernie as President with the Republicans keeping the Senate. This country really, really needs to get rid of Trump. And Trump losing would say something positive. The fact that somebody like Trump has even a snowball's chance in hell of ever becoming President does not speak well of the US population. If he gets re-elected we'll know we've got a REALLY serious problem with the composition of the population. And that's a bigger problem than any particular politician is.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 am A Bernie win with Republicans keeping the senate or....

What threatens the Republic right now is the Republican Party. Or, more precisely, what threatens the Republic is the set of nut jobs that currently comprises the Republican base. And the Republican politicians don't have the guts to show leadership and reject these people.

I think if I had to choose between the two scenarios you present I'd pick Bernie as President with the Republicans keeping the Senate. This country really, really needs to get rid of Trump. And Trump losing would say something positive. The fact that somebody like Trump has even a snowball's chance in hell of ever becoming President does not speak well of the US population. If he gets re-elected we'll know we've got a REALLY serious problem with the composition of the population. And that's a bigger problem than any particular politician is.
StMengele is back. :dunce:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Did Trump sleep with your mother? Your wife? Your daughter? I’m trying to figure out how a self-proclaimed “conservative” could EVER make the statement bolder above.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Balderdash. What uninformed bs. Typical Demo insulting the people that voted for Trump, just before asking for their vote.

Confirming yet again that Dims act on feelings and Republicans act on thinking the issues thru.

Thanks for clarifying this for me dimocrat stooge.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

LeadBolt wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:29 pm
JohnStOnge wrote:

Balderdash. What uninformed bs. Typical Demo insulting the people that voted for Trump, just before asking for their vote.

Confirming yet again that Dims act on feelings and Republicans act on thinking the issues thru.

Thanks for clarifying this for me dimocrat stooge.

I didn't know JSO was running....and as a Democrat?
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm What threatens the Republic right now is the Republican Party. Or, more precisely, what threatens the Republic is the set of nut jobs that currently comprises the Republican base. And the Republican politicians don't have the guts to show leadership and reject these people.

Unemployment at a historical low
Corporate Profits at an all time high
more wealth concentrated in the fewest hands in American History
Wall Street now cornered by the smallest percentage of shareholders in US history
CEO bonus packages at a near Egyptian pharaohs level

Things couldn't possibly be any better John
how could you say such things

:lol:

We're at the forefront of the New Gilded Age
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:19 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:10 pm What threatens the Republic right now is the Republican Party. Or, more precisely, what threatens the Republic is the set of nut jobs that currently comprises the Republican base. And the Republican politicians don't have the guts to show leadership and reject these people.

Wall Street now cornered by the smallest percentage of shareholders in US history

What's the matter? You don't want to post that most-excellent wage graph again? :lol: :lol:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:22 am
Chizzang wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:19 am

What's the matter? You don't want to post that most-excellent wage graph again? :lol: :lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:47 pm

Did Trump sleep with your mother? Your wife? Your daughter? I’m trying to figure out how a self-proclaimed “conservative” could EVER make the statement bolder above.
The people in the conservative movement who enabled Trump to be where he is need to be defeated. They don't need to be understood. They don't need to be convinced. They need to be eliminated as a factor in US politics. Marginalized. Destroyed. The conservative movement needs to suffer something like Bernie being elected President...which would have virtually ZERO chance of happening if the Republicans hadn't decided to line up behind a complete atrocity...would be good for the conservative movement in the long run. The conservative movement NEEDS a butt kicking right now.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:09 pm
dbackjon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 pm

Please describe in detail this “damage” Trump has done to America.
The intelligence community has to worry about having honest assessment result in retribution against it. Public confidence in Federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies has been irrationally compromised. Other agencies have to worry about having honest analysis contradict the Demagogue in Chief. The trade deficit has increased. After a declining trend, the budget deficits are increasing. No telling what is going on with regulation. Our European allies do not trust us. They have no confidence in our leadership. The rest of the world thinks we're a bunch of idiots. The Chinese are playing us. The North Koreans are playing us. The Kurds were betrayed. We're probably about to make a bad deal with the Taliban because Trump wants to be able to say he solved that situation before the election. Public confidence in institutions that will make an effort to tell them the truth has been compromised in favor of having a large percentage of the population believe total bullshit from a President who lies practically every time he opens his mouth and the dishonest institutions that support him.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, when I say there is no telling what's going with the deregulation, what i mean is that that's a very complex area of discussion that is hard to put into readily digestible bullets that make a big impression on people. But I suspect it is irresponsible and reckless. Here are some articles on the issue:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/08 ... ne-science

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/12/can ... gulations/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/02/clim ... ation.html

It's the kind of thing that tends to get lost in all the stuff that's going on. But I'm surprised the Democrats haven't made more of an issue of it. One of the thing that worried most when Trump got elected was that he would compromise the scientific integrity of environmental and public health agencies.

Look, I am a stickler for the rule that inferring cause and effect requires a controlled experiment. At the same time, I know that as a practical matter we need to make decisions without that when it comes to human health. And we need to err on the side of public health. I don't think that's what's happening with the Trump push for deregulation.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just saw this referenced:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... li=BBnbfcL
Coronavirus-infected Americans flown home against CDC’s advice
The State Department wanted them flown home. That is associated with Trump not wanting the situation to interfere with his re-election.

This is yet another example of why we need to get rid of this guy.

BTW, I still think that at his point this particular Coronavirus thing is probably not that big a deal. I still think influenza is a bigger threat. My opinion could change as things develop but that's what I think right now.

BUT, the CDC has the philosophy of erring on the side of public health and that's the proper approach.

Meanwhile we have a President who sees things in terms of "What does this mean in terms of me getting re-elected."
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm Just saw this referenced:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... li=BBnbfcL
Coronavirus-infected Americans flown home against CDC’s advice
The State Department wanted them flown home. That is associated with Trump not wanting the situation to interfere with his re-election.

This is yet another example of why we need to get rid of this guy.

BTW, I still think that at his point this particular Coronavirus thing is probably not that big a deal. I still think influenza is a bigger threat. My opinion could change as things develop but that's what I think right now.

BUT, the CDC has the philosophy of erring on the side of public health and that's the proper approach.

Meanwhile we have a President who sees things in terms of "What does this mean in terms of me getting re-elected."
You have absolutely zero proof of that. Total conjecture. Total TDS.

Congrats.